• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parasyte is a new adaptation of an 80s manga. Was super into that, it's definitely one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Oh man, I forgot about parasyte. I wanted to try that. First read it back in one of those old mix magazines, and while not my favorite, it was fun. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check them out when I have time. I'll stop cluttering up this thread now.

Damnit. Top of the page. Ugh.

Sealed

Banned
ONE would probably speed up too if it meant more anime. Though I imagine he'd feel conflicted over it with Mob Psycho being his passion and OPM being a sort of secondary project.

Mob Psycho seems like it's almost over though, unless he plans to continue it after he finishes the current fight.

Cels

awesome show, sad it's over for at least another couple years.

gonna be hard to top that fight vs lord boros though. literally punched saitama to the moon, was really funny that he was holding his nose with his hand. but i guess that means he could be starved of air and be defeated that way?

Evilisk

I dunno, considering Boros had his own psychic chilling in the ship as a lieutenant I'd really question her ability to handle him.

She's strong, sure, but I guess it'll be hard to judge without knowing the gap between her and psychic octopus dude.

I don't see how Boros having his own psychic is relevant.

We don't know whether Boros and Shoop fought before.

I do want to point out though that Shoop never went above using pebbles. Even when he got desperate and used that gravity squeeze attack, he just went back to using pebbles afterwards. He could have gone to hurling the entire room at that point (since he was perfectly fine with friendly casualties when he used his gravity squeeze), but he didn't.

I don't see how Boros having his own psychic is relevant.

We don't know whether Boros and Shoop fought before.

I do want to point out though that Shoop never went above using pebbles. Even when he got desperate and used that gravity squeeze attack, he just went back to using pebbles afterwards. He could have gone to hurling the entire room at that point (since he was perfectly fine with friendly casualties when he used his gravity squeeze), but he didn't.

To be fair, we will never know what he would/could have done given a prolonged encounter. That's the inherent difficulty in trying to gauge the strength of anyone Saitama fights.

Edit: but I totally think Tats could have handled him. Her feats so far are pretty OP.

Manga spoilers:

Even then, I don't think she necessarily wins. I mean, she couldn't even beat Garou. And ONE said a fight between Garou and Boros would be a sight for the eyes.

She was taking on psykos and later on 5 dragon-level monsters at once,
its fair to say that she was not in the best shape to face garou. Unlike saitama who doesn't seem capable of taking damage, tatsumaki can, even then she is bloody powerful. In OPM universe she is a solid number 4 behind Saitama, Garou and Boros, in good health she could possibly take on boros and win.

Smash88

Banned
Anyone have another anime similar to One Punch Man where the character is unbelievably strong, no one realizes it, they challenge them and when they find out they are astonished or still in disbelief. I know it's specific, but even something in the area would be dope.

Anyone have another anime similar to One Punch Man where the character is unbelievably strong, no one realizes it, they challenge them and when they find out they are astonished or still in disbelief. I know it's specific, but even something in the area would be dope.

That's extremely specific, beyond garbage Light Novel adaptations you shouldn't watch.

Smash88

Banned
That's extremely specific, beyond garbage Light Novel adaptations you shouldn't watch.

Yeah I knew it would be a bit out there. The whole idea of someone being this secretly powerful character, but people failing to realize ala Saitama is an interesting concept I wish would be explored more often.

duckroll

Hellsing. Except everyone -knows- Alucard is super strong, they just don't believe HOW strong until he wipes their floor with them... literally. Just make sure you watch Hellsing Ultimate instead of the old TV series. :p

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Fist of the north star is probably the closest thing. Too many idiot thinks they could try beating Kenshiro.

Hellsing. Except everyone -knows- Alucard is super strong, they just don't believe HOW strong until he wipes their floor with them... literally. Just make sure you watch Hellsing Ultimate instead of the old TV series. :p

Fist of the north star is probably the closest thing. Too many idiot thinks they could try beating Kenshiro.

lol I guess if you just want to watch OP main characters owning scrubs then these work

Yeah I knew it would be a bit out there. The whole idea of someone being this secretly powerful character, but people failing to realize ala Saitama is an interesting concept I wish would be explored more often.

You have trashy LN adaptations where the lead is strong as fuck and like 99% of people don't know it but slowly realize it.

The recent example is Mahouka. But be warned, it's trashy as fuck even has like a sister wanting to get boned by her brother and shit.

But on the upside if you're ever to get past that the lead, the great onii-sama of everyone, is like one of the most broken anime characters ever. I think Saitama might be the only one more broken. The difference is Mahouka isn't a gag manga.

Smash88

Banned

Cool thanks for the suggestions I'll check it out. Never heard of Hellsing, but have of Fist of the North Star, which I assume is the: youarealreadydead.gif

You have trashy LN adaptations where the lead is strong as fuck and like 99% of people don't know it but slowly realize it.

The recent example is Mahouka. But be warned, it's trashy as fuck even has like a sister wanting to get boned by her brother and shit.

But on the upside if you're ever to get past that the lead, the great onii-sama of everyone, is like one of the most broken anime characters ever. I think Saitama might be the only one more broken. The difference is Mahouka isn't a gag manga.

Behind this trashiness, is there at least a good storyline that's engaging?

Cool thanks for the suggestions I'll check it out. Never heard of Hellsing, but have of Fist of the North Star, which I assume is the: youarealreadydead.gif

Behind this trashiness, is there at least a good storyline that's engaging?

lol no. They're all like in high school and have a school tournament and shit. There's a magical war in the background I guess. Like I said it's SUPER trashy this is only if you want to watch bad shit for the hilarity of a broken character.

Hellsing is actually a good show. Well Hellsing Ultimate.

https://twitter.com/03osmi/status/678621260906029056

CWrycKbU4AAcOzx.png:large

That's a pretty prominent shounen trope, though it doesn't happen in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT like it does in OPM.

Smash88

Banned
lol no. They're all like in high school and have a school tournament and shit. There's a magical war in the background I guess. Like I said it's SUPER trashy this is only if you want to watch bad shit for the hilarity of a broken character.

Hellsing is actually a good show.

Alrighty, if I'm super desperate I'll check it out lol...

That's a pretty prominent shounen trope, though it doesn't happen in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT like it does in OPM.

Yeah, there is just something about it being so obvious yet the characters surrounding them are so oblivious. This manga/anime has scratched my itch to see more, while I wait for more story to be released.

Forgot to add, that we can see it at the end when Saitama gets out, Tatsumaki was not given a chance to attack Saitama, which would lead to a realization that he is way stronger - and - webcomic spoilers ahead:
Later on on the storyline, she does realize it somewhat when she battles him, but is still somehow ignorant to the fact despite the fight between them, even though she could barely lift him off the ground and almost passed out as she was bleeding from her nose.

I tend to not give a fuck about spoilers. I doubt I'll read the web comic anytime soon as I have all of this other shit in my plans.

But it's up to you of course. Like I said I DGAF.

Webcomic spoilers:
She gets rekt by another psychic user and then it turns out her power doesn't affect the main villain of the next arc - Garou, at all. It also turns out that her sister is actually a better psychic then her in the fact that she uses techniques whereas Tatsumaki prefers to use raw power to get the job done.

Webcomic spoilers:
She gets rekt by another psychic user and then it turns out her power doesn't affect the main villain of the next arc - Garou, at all. It also turns out that her sister is actually a better psychic then her in the fact that she uses techniques whereas Tatsumaki prefers to use raw power to get the job done.

huh. Would've never guessed. Cool.

Makes me like her character a bit more now.

Webcomic spoilers:

This is so wrong,
you are first underselling how strong psykos is, she is easily dragon level in monster ranking, I mean she was the leader of the organization. Second tatsumaki got roughed up, but rekt? She didn't exactly get rekt, like you say, she likes brute force as opposed to refinment as fubuki does. She defeated psykos anyways and then faced off against the other dragon level monsters. Third, fubuki is "lol" compared to tatsumaki, fubuki couldn't hope to be a better psychic than tornado. She however was a better psychic than tatsumaki had giving her credit for, thus her surprise in their duel.

Sealed

Banned
Webcomic spoilers:

this is kind of wrong

Tatsumaki instinctually uses the technique Fubuki uses. Fubuki is absolutely not a better psychic than Tats. Also, it's not that Tatsumaki's psychic power doesn't effect Garou, she uses it on him and it works for a while, he just evolves enough to the point where he can counter it with brute strength and endurance.

nothing as good OPM.

Overlord would be another one of those trashy LN adaptation animes. Main character is a godlike overpowered sorcerer who runs a guild full of other overpowered people and is trying to take over the world(but very slowly). The whole show is pretty much the OPM "trope" of him using his overpoweredness to kill unknowing cocky enemies and shocking normal people with his power.

Smash88

Banned
nothing as good OPM.

Overlord would be another one of those trashy LN adaptation animes. Main character is a godlike overpowered sorcerer who runs a guild full of other overpowered people and is trying to take over the world(but very slowly). The whole show is pretty much the OPM "trope" of him using his overpoweredness to kill unknowing cocky enemies and shocking normal people with his power.

Why does everything have to be trashy D:

One Punch Man has spoiled me.

this is kind of wrong

Tatsumaki instinctually uses the technique Fubuki uses. Fubuki is absolutely not a better psychic than Tats. Also, it's not that Tatsumaki's psychic power doesn't effect Garou, she uses it on him and it works for a while, he just evolves enough to the point where he can counter it with brute strength and endurance.

Tatsumaki's power also stops working on Golden Sperm. She is probably more powerful than Fubuki in raw power. But that factor becomes her downfall because she uses too much instead of using it technically.

Armadilo

Banned
Attack on Titan , Parasyte, One Punch man, popular anime that's fucking amazing. People who watch anime have some really good tastes.

Next year season 2 of Attack on Titan, one Punch man ?

Anybody have any potential upcoming anime that will maybe join the list ?

Chaos17

nothing as good OPM.

But the anime just gone too fast, the manga do take a little more its time which is better to setup the lore.

Attack on Titan , Parasyte, One Punch man, popular anime that's fucking amazing. People who watch anime have some really good tastes.

Fate stay Zero.
It has the budget of OPM or Attack of Titan and it's already out.

Sealed

Banned
Tatsumaki's power also stops working on Golden Sperm. She is probably more powerful than Fubuki in raw power. But that factor becomes her downfall because she uses too much instead of using it technically.

ONE said Tatsumaki would beat Golden Sperm if she was at full power. Also, Fubuki only has that one technique, which Tats uses all the time without even thinking about it.

if they keep true to the manga, at least 1/2 of AoT s2 is going to be boring af

ONE said Tatsumaki would beat Golden Sperm if she was at full power. Also, Fubuki only has that one technique, which Tats uses all the time without even thinking about it.
In the end though it was Psykos who triggers Tatsumaki's collapse and Fubuki who defeats Psykos. I also don't understand why Tatsumaki didn't use that technique against Psykos if she had it down better. It just comes down to her brash and reckless nature.
:lol

I just watched the last OPM episode; it was really great.

tumblr_nzo3u06p9G1s4tq6xo2_500.gif

tumblr_nzo3u06p9G1s4tq6xo3_500.gif

tumblr_nzo3u06p9G1s4tq6xo4_500.gif

tumblr_nzo3u06p9G1s4tq6xo5_500.gif

tumblr_nzo3u06p9G1s4tq6xo1_500.gif

I'll have to re-watch it latter though because the stream was really jittery. :(

After hearing all the praise about the show i got round to watching the first 3 episodes over the weekend, absolutely loving it so far!

Tonnes of fun, does a great job of not only making fun of typical fighting anime tropes but also having genuinely great examples of said tropes so you kind of get the best of both worlds.

Cant wait to get round to watching the rest of the show, i can tell its going to be a great ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom