• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that. I just hope they can find more interesting ways to make this one punch thing work on a comedy and action level.

the jokes don't all revolve around him beating enemies with one punch. Notice how a big portion of today's episode was following other people. Later arcs that's the norm actually.

What the heck, I thought the ninja from the OP was a girl but apparently it's Eren Jaeger! I feel very conflicted right now. Another funny episode, best part was the punch in the balls, I legit lol.

Huh, I'm pretty sure the remake manga had that same scene.

I think he's talking specifically that in the anime you see the package swirl around as the fix connects, while in the manga it's just a still frame so it could just as easily been a girl if you didn't pay very close attention.

Reset

I think he's talking specifically that in the anime you see the package swirl around as the fix connects, while in the manga it's just a still frame so it could just as easily been a girl if you didn't pay very close attention.
But in the manga you also see him react to the punch with him crossing his legs and shaking.

Hypron

Yeah, apparently getting hit in the groin is painful for girls too so I didn't notice it was actually a punch to the balls.

Puruzi

Banned
xBp0GfB.png

Dugna

But in the manga you also see him react to the punch with him crossing his legs and shaking.

in the show where the guy who slightly tapped him can one punch literally everything, I'd think it would hurt no matter what sex/gender I mean owww.

Yeah, Sonic super confused me for a while there too. It wasn't until the next arc where
you see him topless
that I realized the mistake :p

Anime's not going to have any confusion, thanks to a) the ball punch animation and b) the voice.

But damn, the first time, those Hartman Hips of his really threw me off.

Eidan

I stopped being a fan of anime a long time ago, but decided to check this out because I found the premise so odd. So far, One Punch Man is the first anime to ever make me laugh. That's saying something.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Cackling like a hyena. This show is the gift that keeps on giving.

Platy

The gender ambiguity was really kind of lost. They did give him a nice butt though.

Well he has child bearing hips and looks like he he has padding in his genitals intead of an actual penis =P

....which kinda explain that the bizarre boob bouncing does NOT mean that the animators never saw boobs !
...or they never saw neighter boobs or penises .... japanes are REALLY sexualy repressed =P

I'm having a hard time keeping track of where to watch this. It isn't on Funimation or Crunchyroll, right? Just Hulu and direct through Viz? Is it also on Daisuki? Which one has the least amount of ads? Is the Viz stream just a Hulu embed?

Nightbird

I chuckled at the review to this episode on ANN:

[...] When the One-Punch Man decides he's had enough of this little douchebag's posturing, he tries to put his inert fist up as a warning, and poor Sonic's velocity finally gets the better of him. Unable to change his trajectory, he plummets down spread-eagle and gets knuckled right in the chaos emeralds. Don't worry, Saitama's fist was motionless, so although he's been wounded in the very worst way, Sonic will live to spin-dash another day. (But I wouldn't be surprised if his voice is a few octaves higher in future episodes.)[...]

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Think I died laughing with Licenseless Rider's intro. The animation continues to deliver with some great looking action scenes. We also got introduced to best girl Sonic. That bunch to the junk has got to hurt. At least he can still give us some more innocent smiles.

So innocent :3

Grakl

I'm having a hard time keeping track of where to watch this. It isn't on Funimation or Crunchyroll, right? Just Hulu and direct through Viz? Is it also on Daisuki? Which one has the least amount of ads? Is the Viz stream just a Hulu embed?
Watch on Daisuki.

Yeah I thought it was super obvious too. It's like "dude with no muscles and long hair" just means "possibly female" in anime-land. It's weird.

He has effeminate features, the face could easily be a female in manga terms, no muscle tone, a toned derriere, and wide hips. It isn't weird people weren't sure at first. Hence the jokes of "Sonic is best girl".

Man, its always the manga people that ruin this kind of threads for me. Sigh.

To be completely fair the discussion under the spoilers isn't anything that's discussing particulars. Somebody just asked "do these two characters meet?" and the discussion dealt with "hmmm do they?" and discussions as to what arc the show might end.

You won't click these spoilers and see "SHIT THIS GUY DIED"

But yes, manga knowledge should be kept away. A question was asked and answered and slightly discussed.

Russ T

Banned
He has effeminate features, the face could easily be a female in manga terms, no muscle tone, a toned derriere, and wide hips. It isn't weird people weren't sure at first. Hence the jokes of "Sonic is best girl".

You're mistaking my confusion for ignorance. I get why people thought he might be a girl.

But everything I said remains true!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He set off my bishounem-dar from the first minute.

Get on my level!

Skrams

I hope they're able to move events around to allow everyone to have some time to shine. I'm also excited to see the OVA since I read somewhere that it will be an original ONE thing and not based off a Murata thing? I might just be nuts though. I'd love to see that, but I'd also accept a mishmash of certain special extra chapters that are just singular stories.

I also decided to see if I could do it based off some previous test mixing of subs and it worked. I actually separated the subs, altered Mumen to License-less, altered Kuseno to Stench, and it worked. I feel kind of good about myself for figuring out how to do it quickly based off messing with the programs a while ago. I'm thinking I'll show this show to my brother when I visit him in a few months and I think these subs will be a better bet instead of telling him Mumen means License-less. I don't think most regular people will get it's a Kamen Rider joke either.

I can't wait to hear License-less Rider's theme in all of it's glory later because those 20-30 seconds weren't enough. It's too good.

Another thing, the music felt a little forced with Hammerhead's spin attack. I understand they kind of need to play the music each episode to set a theme or pattern, but it felt a little wasted on Hammerhead.

I also took the time to see if Saitama's blow to Hammerhead's armor was even a thing since I couldn't really tell by normal viewing with trying to pause it. I then did it frame by frame and I'm kind of impressed it's actually sort of there. I didn't zoom in either. 3 Frames. Saitama can extend his hand to punch and take it back in 3/60 of a second I guess. Too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom