• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a gif on Mumen Rider arriving to face the Paradisers?

The animation of him arriving to the scene, all badass, and then to immediately do the non badass action of setting up his kickstand before charging into battle, had me dying of laughter.

I get that. I just hope they can find more interesting ways to make this one punch thing work on a comedy and action level.

It's one of those things I can appreciate the humor in, since I have seen a lot of shone stories with power levels and infinite final forms.

It's funny how people will write off a thing because THEY can't see how someone will keep something going. You are at least sticking with it so there is potential for you to find out.

In any case, it may end up not being interesting down the line, but so far.... IMO from someone who can pick most of the cliches and references the show likes to parody, it's hilarious as hell.

Platy

Could only find an instagram like version of the arrival =/

IjICQS7.gif

NcpTiho.gif

Also ..

lTHO9Ho.gif

c6twdWS.gif

DAMN YOU MADHOUSE ! You were doing just fine till THAT moment !

Chikashi Kibota, chief animation director on One Punch Man, has tweeted to say that, contrary to what some people think, the budget on the show is not large; it is in fact average. The good animation present is not the result of money, but the result of gathering together passionate animators.

Chikashi Kibota, chief animation director on One Punch Man, has tweeted to say that, contrary to what some people think, the budget on the show is not large; it is in fact average. The good animation present is not the result of money, but the result of gathering together passionate animators.

Oh fuck megaton. All the more reason to buy the blu-ray and support them. I guess this is where the fluid-looking bodies come in handy?

Almost like some things matter more then the mythical overlord Budget-sama.

Next episode will have some outsourced work so I'm sure when a few scenes look off Budget will be blamed again. Budget giveth, Budget taketh away.

Platy

...this sound like the start of one of those articles about sub-human conditions of work in the anime industry

...this sound like the start of one of those articles about sub-human conditions of work in the anime industry

Madhouse seems to be able to keep a consistent production schedule even on 148 episode long shows so who knows. It's probably still not a great thing. The talent in this industry runs on passion.

IjICQS7.gif

NcpTiho.gif

Also ..

lTHO9Ho.gif

c6twdWS.gif

Thank you for the bike gifs

also....

I thought the same thing. With all the dynamic animation they have been doing up to that point, they skimmed on the tree scene.

Makes me less hopeful for this
e66253b77379c92527e254c294e244c71362610434_full.gif

Nocebo

Oh fuck megaton. All the more reason to buy the blu-ray and support them. I guess this is where the fluid-looking bodies come in handy?
Yeah I think so. Also the 3D background during the Kabuto fight. I think Saitama floating through the air in that fight, and Genos floating through the air in the Queen Bee fight are also tricks to make things easier on the animators.

Puruzi

Banned
The tree and robot gifs weren't like that in the official volume releases

Neither was the (spoilers)
Genos vs Saitama gif

Talent and time are always the most important

Haha man I loved the sound direction in Parasyte.

It was definitely unique, though.

Well, I like the noise the Parasites make and stuff like that, what I actually meant was the musical direction. It's very awkward and frequently a song that does not fit will start playing in a scene at a seemingly random time.

Weren't some of the sounds in parasyte done by an actress going "whoosh" into the mic?

Yeah they were done by a Japanese beatboxer girl.

dan2026

I dont think hardly any anime has a 'high' budget.

Mostly they are given a budget of peanuts.
If they are lucky they are given slightly more peanuts.

Russ T

Banned
Ah, music direction for sure I agree with being off. You'll find no argument here. There were some good moments, but few and far between.

More sound effects should be performed by beatboxers, imo.

There are shows with higher then average budget and it shows (like Dennou Coil) but those are usually the exception and not the rule

Also, save for movies the information of how much a show actually cost isn't really out there.

Let's fix these monstrosities

tumblr_nwu2xn2oQC1uq2mxco1_500.gif

tumblr_nwu2xn2oQC1uq2mxco2_500.gif

on a side note: BOY OH BOY, did i forget how fast erotic fan artists work

Edit: I always have massive respect for animators pushing themselves out of passion even when their pay doesn't reflect it.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I wanted to thank this thread for putting me onto this. Never heard of the manga but saw this OT pop up and thought I'd check the anime out. Loving it so far.

I haven't really watched that many comedy anime and I'm really enjoying how silly this all is. I enjoy the dynamic between Saitama and Genos too - the way Saitama's lack of enthusiasm and deadpan attitude plays off of Genos's enthusiasm to work with him, and tendency to talk and talk and talk...

Rider getting off the bike looks almost rotoscoped

it probably is. The fact that it really looks like someone taking the time to put their kickstand down is why I laughed so hard

Genos vs Saitama gif

Are you talking about ONE's original manga?

The detailed artwork wasn't in the official release either... but this anime is based off Yusuke Murata's remake, so no excuses :p

Let's fix these monstrosities

tumblr_nwu2xn2oQC1uq2mxco1_500.gif

tumblr_nwu2xn2oQC1uq2mxco2_500.gif

Thank you

As an aside, now that this episode has aired: recently I went and picked up physical copies of the first two volumes of the manga in English, and this scene got cut from volume two. They only included the final two page spread from the sequence. It was a total let down.

OMG you're right! I also bought the volumes but didn't read them yet. I just checked and those gif panels were indeed removed. Why the fuck would they do that? This doesn't bode well for some of the later gif parts...

Tuck

Damn, its unfortunate they didn't go all in on the tree scene. I thought it was alright but comparing it to the manga leaves a lot to be desired.

Damn, its unfortunate they didn't go all in on the tree scene. I thought it was alright but comparing it to the manga leaves a lot to be desired.

eh if they need to have priorities, I'd rather they push themselves elsewhere. It's such a minor scene in the long run. And it isn't even that exciting of a confrontation.

Skrams

As an aside, now that this episode has aired: recently I went and picked up physical copies of the first two volumes of the manga in English, and this scene got cut from volume two. They only included the final two page spread from the sequence. It was a total let down.

OMG you're right! I also bought the volumes but didn't read them yet. I just checked and those gif panels were indeed removed. Why the fuck would they do that? This doesn't bode well for some of the later gif parts...

Yeah, I almost thought I was insane and that part was later on. Nope. They just took it out. I imagine it continues like that for all frame by frame scenes because having to pay for extra pages of paper to show gifs is hard. Maybe some other restrictions are hampering it too like page limits. I'll still support the product, but if I ever want to reread the material I'll just use the fan translations probably.

Crocodile

OPM 4

Great episode, though more subdued, with some great new tunes. OPM continues to deliver.

lTHO9Ho.gif

If this had been a full rotating shot instead of a series of cuts, I think this would have been a perfect adaptation of that scene. They made a weird choice not going that route IMO.

Puruzi

Banned
it probably is. The fact that it really looks like someone taking the time to put their kickstand down is why I laughed so hard

Are you talking about ONE's original manga?

The detailed artwork wasn't in the official release either... but this anime is based off Yusuke Murata's remake, so no excuses :p

Thank you

There's no way i'd be talking about ONE's. what

this is true

eh if they need to have priorities, I'd rather they push themselves elsewhere. It's such a minor scene in the long run. And it isn't even that exciting of a confrontation.

but this is true as well

the sad reality of anime budgets
8yXtQyY.png

episode was still fun though

I just want someone to upload that sweet song that was playing when Licenseless rider was saving the balloon.

i literally cannot wait for this ost to be released

i need it in my veins

Madhouse seems to be able to keep a consistent production schedule even on 148 episode long shows so who knows. It's probably still not a great thing. The talent in this industry runs on passion.

It's a shame, too. These people put out such amazing visuals, they deserve to get paid for it. On the other hand, it speaks to how much they love what they do. Hopefully though a reform will happen at some point in the future for the japanese animation industry that allows them to make more money.

Genos vs Saitama gif

yeah, I heard that Murata redrew the scenes afterwards

Thank you for the bike gifs

also....

I thought the same thing. With all the dynamic animation they have been doing up to that point, they skimmed on the tree scene.

Makes me less hopeful for this
e66253b77379c92527e254c294e244c71362610434_full.gif

I think this will probably be animated like that, because it's a more important scene imo, but who knows. I thought the animation was still great in this episode. Would it have been better if it were like the manga gif? Sure, but I think what we got was great too.

OPM 4

Great episode, though more subdued, with some great new tunes. OPM continues to deliver.

If this had been a full rotating shot instead of a series of cuts, I think this would have been a perfect adaptation of that scene. They made a weird choice not going that route IMO.

saves time and money. if they had cut the budget for some of the other stuff they might have done it, but I don't think it was that weird a decision

It's a shame, too. These people put out such amazing visuals, they deserve to get paid for it. On the other hand, it speaks to how much they love what they do. Hopefully though a reform will happen at some point in the future for the japanese animation industry that allows them to make more money.

I dunno about reform, the weekly schedule is pretty insane, you can blame Tezuka for that and making it work. It's what the entire industry is founded on. There's some documentation out there in English, but a lot of it is in Japanese, making it kind of hard to amass any real concrete thoughts on it and people like Duckroll or some people on Twitter know a lot more then I do. Funimation and Crunchyroll are going to start co-producing series, though. We will see where that leads.

I dunno about reform, the weekly schedule is pretty insane, you can blame Tezuka for that and making it work. It's what the entire industry is founded on. There's some documentation out there in English, but a lot of it is in Japanese, making it kind of hard to amass any real concrete thoughts on it and people like Duckroll or some people on Twitter know a lot more then I do. Funimation and Crunchyroll are going to start co-producing series, though. We will see where that leads.

Fair enough. I don't know too much about the inner workings of the industry. I might try looking into, but regardless of whether or not it's what the industry was founded on, I still think they should find a way to better pay the animators.

The passion is there though, I guess that's more important for now.

Moaradin

jett

D-Member
This episode could've used a few gushing fountains of blood.

giphy.gif

It looked like he was cutting the heads of action figures.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe in an ironic twist they're going to scrub all the beautifully "animated" segments from the manga and instead focus their energy on the scenes that weren't "animated".

Although I hope they do
Genos vs Saitama justice.

Moaradin

Maybe in an ironic twist they're going to scrub all the beautifully "animated" segments from the manga and instead focus their energy on the scenes that weren't "animated".

Although I hope they do
Genos vs Saitama justice.

That should be next episode, right? Really been looking forward to that.

Even if they had added that one shot, the scene would still be 90% the same to what we got. It would have been nice to have it, but it wouldn't make much of a difference unless they had made more of the scene like that instead of a single shot. That would have actually looked pretty crazy

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wasn't aware that they cut/altered the sequential "gif" chapters for the tankobon releases. Bummer, but I guess it makes sense considering how many pages the original versions take. Even for the manga it's too expensive, lol.

There's no way i'd be talking about ONE's. what

Sorry, misread your post.

yeah, I heard that Murata redrew the scenes afterwards

Would have been neat to get the animated forest scene, but I'm not too bummed about it. Sonic had some cool scenes in this episode. Really love how they animate his speed.

Besides, the official manga version of the forest scene doesn't look like that

We are on the same page now.

Shame they are going off the official "trimmed" volume version when there is a limited frame (although highly detailed) pencil test available for them to copy from the original web version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom