• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

Episode 5 spoilers:
Apparently the spar between Genos and Saitama won't be animated like the gif version because the printed version was different.

1446339315273.jpg

Episode out early on Hulu.

Yeah the fight isn't 1:1 from the online Murata version but what we get is still pretty great.

So I'm fine with it. Nothing to get wrapped up about

Episode in general was pretty chill and a decent start to some world building for those waiting for that.

Ultratech

Finally got around to watching the first 4 episodes yesterday and the 5th one this morning.

I'm liking it so far. Really enjoying the humor.

Not to mention the awesome animation...

Skrams

It's been a while since I've read that part and I'm kind of forgetful about this segment of the manga between now and the next big arc. The gif wasn't exactly there, but I feel like the new stuff? made up for it.

And yeah, this was a pretty laid back episode for some world building purposes. I also don't remember that interaction with Sweet Mask, but it's been a while like I already said.

If subs were to "correct" Amai Mask, would people prefer Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask as his first title and then Sweet Mask as referred to from now on or just Sweet Mask from the get go? I think I'm just going to edit the subs to make it Sweet Mask to make myself more comfortable with it.

It's been a while since I've read that part and I'm kind of forgetful about this segment of the manga between now and the next big arc. The gif wasn't exactly there, but I feel like the new stuff? made up for it.

And yeah, this was a pretty laid back episode for some world building purposes. I also don't remember that interaction with Sweet Mask, but it's been a while like I already said.

If subs were to "correct" Amai Mask, would people prefer Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask as his first title and then Sweet Mask as referred to from now on or just Sweet Mask from the get go? I think I'm just going to edit the subs to make it Sweet Mask to make myself more comfortable with it.

I think Handsome Mask or Sweet Mask would be the way to go.

Crocodile

OPM 5

The Genos vs. Saitama bout played out a bit differently than it did in the web comic but if you weren't blown away with what was shown here, there's something wrong with you. That was hype as shit!

I will say, I feel like a lot of additions.changes were made here. I don't remember the investigation into Genos, I don't remember Sweet Mask being introduced this early and I don't remember Genos and Sweet Mask interacting at all. Were these changes or am I just forgetting something? The show has already been making some minor changes and additions throughout but if what I mentioned above are new, and not me just forgetting things, they may be setting something up for the show finale.

Nest episode should be
the Meteor, Silver-Fang, Metal Knight and the fallout with the Tank-Top Brothers right?

I like the first option.

This is like one of those times where the straight english translation of character names are actually better than the Japanese appropriation.

Licence-less Rider 4 life

Nightbird

OPM 5
I will say, I feel like a lot of additions.changes were made here. I don't remember the investigation into Genos, I don't remember Sweet Mask being introduced this early and I don't remember Genos and Sweet Mask interacting at all. Were these changes or am I just forgetting something? The show has already been making some minor changes and additions throughout but if what I mentioned above are new, and not me just forgetting things, they may be setting something up for the show finale.[/SPOILER]

To be honest, I like that, because that means that the Webcomic, as well as the Manga and the Anime all have different content.

Ok, Daisuki's player is fucking garbage. Maybe they should use all that ad money to make it so the piece of shit doesn't stutter all the time and they can actually make the bottom 5% of the screen not blurred out. God. The fight scene was not watchable because if anyone so much as moves it starts stuttering. Atrocious.

I will say, I feel like a lot of additions.changes were made here. I don't remember the investigation into Genos, I don't remember Sweet Mask being introduced this early and I don't remember Genos and Sweet Mask interacting at all. Were these changes or am I just forgetting something?

Did a quick read and yeah, you're right. Those are some change-ups.

Intriguing! Interested to see how Madhouse tackles this and what else they do to speed things up!

Skrams

Another thing, they moved the story of how the hero association started to this weeks episode. I'm really glad that still got in there. Although the joke is a lot more reserved now since you can't immediately tell it's butt chin guy since his picture is way smaller. I also found it hard to even tell considering 720p quality on Daisuki. Maybe it would of been easier on 1080p.

I will say, I feel like a lot of additions.changes were made here. I don't remember the investigation into Genos, I don't remember Sweet Mask being introduced this early and I don't remember Genos and Sweet Mask interacting at all. Were these changes or am I just forgetting something? The show has already been making some minor changes and additions throughout but if what I mentioned above are new, and not me just forgetting things, they may be setting something up for the show finale.

Nest episode should be
the Meteor, Silver-Fang, Metal Knight and the fallout with the Tank-Top Brothers right?
They have all the top ranking heroes in the OP and include people like Sweet Mask so I think it's just a way to make them feel more important. I wonder if this means other characters will be expanded upon as well. I also think they're trying to make Genos jump to S Class seem way more justified. I don't exactly see it as a setting up a different thread for later on or anything.

Also the one OPM anime site has some screengrabs from next weeks episode. The last thing you mentioned will probably happen going off the pictures.
I like the first option.

This is like one of those times where the straight english translation of character names are actually better than the Japanese appropriation.

Licence-less Rider 4 life

They mentioned Mumen again this episode. I'll grit my teeth every time. I already changed last week subs to suit my needs and I'm about to switch this weeks as well. I think I might go with option 1 since it's just one line and then Sweet Mask the rest of the time.

Edit- Ok, switching Amai to Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask actually works out kind of super good since he refers to himself as that first and then the girls refer to him as Sweet Mask. It's not really a correct translation I guess, but I like how it works out.

The fight was ridiculously well-animated as expected.

Ok, Daisuki's player is fucking garbage. Maybe they should use all that ad money to make it so the piece of shit doesn't stutter all the time and they can actually make the bottom 5% of the screen not blurred out. God. The fight scene was not watchable because if anyone so much as moves it starts stuttering. Atrocious.

Doesn't stutter for me, though the bottom is still blurred. I noticed the Daisuki watermark was removed. Maybe the blur is a replacement? So people will buy the BDs? I dunno.

I definitely prefer Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask. The hilarious hero titles were always part of the charm for me, from License-less Rider on up. "Amai Mask" and "Mumen Rider" don't quite convey the same humor and silliness.

In any case, just finished ep 5. Saitama's hero exam was just as hilarious as I expected it to be, and the Genos/Saitama "fight" was different but still amazing. Every thing after that seems to be the anime taking a very notable departure from the web/manga stories. It appears Hero Association intrigue is going to have a much earlier and more prominent role. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Ryne

Never realised how important Genos is for the manga/anime until I started watching the anime.

He really is important, and it appears all the background/plot things happen to him.

DJwest

Qurupeke

One Punch Man 5

Great again. The practice was animated really good and I loved every second of it. Also, Saitama taking the tests was gold. lol

Parshias7

Episode 5 spoilers:
Apparently the spar between Genos and Saitama won't be animated like the gif version because the printed version was different.

They got all the major points of the manga fight into the anime, they're just in a bit of a different order.

This episode marks the first time that the next episode preview was done by someone who didn't die.

Puruzi

Banned
They got all the major points of the manga fight into the anime, they're just in a bit of a different order.

This episode marks the first time that the next episode preview was done by someone who didn't die.
Didn't Hammerhead do the one last episode? He lived.

So everyone underestimates Saitama, only Genos knows he's OP. What up with that A rank 1 guy, didn't get what he wanted or why he went to Genos, pointless really. And now they're roommates, cool.

Me every time I see a wanpan man episode:

9c0mtsq8.jpg

I loved how they nailed the test part and I'm gonna stop expecting Madhouse doing a 1:1 adaptation of Murata's version, I think that's dumb after seeing how well the handled the Saitama vs genos fight. Madhouse is simply doing an outstanding job every week.

Hmm, does anyone ever take notice that Genos refers to Saitama as sensei?

Of course, and this chapter makes very clear why Genos treats him like that.

Aikidoka

So everyone underestimates Saitama, only Genos knows he's OP. What up with that A rank 1 guy, didn't get what he wanted or why he went to Genos, pointless really. And now they're roommates, cool.

I think Sweet Mask just wanted to tell Genos what he expects of an S Class hero.

and the roommate part was perhaps my favorite part of the episode.

Hmm, does anyone ever take notice that Genos refers to Saitama as sensei?

Yep

NEO0MJ

I love the way they show Saitama's true power

Even before it
the way he dashed instantly to him mid-talk and then again behind him to show just how fast and intimidating he is.

SWhat up with that A rank 1 guy, didn't get what he wanted or why he went to Genos, pointless really.

The way I understood it is that
he's now part of a club and is supposed to behave and believe certain things, or the others might not think fondly of him. So pretty much a threat and a hint on how the hero hierarchy is.

There was a line missing from the Mosquito Girl ep where Saitama mulls over how his encounters with monsters are no longer fights in any sense; to him it's just swatting insignificant insects. It's a shame that inner monologue was cut, as it was a telling insight into how he sees all of his opponents. But the anime is still doing a great job conveying how Saitama is on such a different power level from everyone else that he doesn't have to be mentally or even physically engaged in his battles anymore. Genos was literally blowing up canyons just trying to land a hit on Saitama while Saitama was primarily concerned with... not getting his clothes singed.

This was one of my absolutely favorite moments in the manga and I love how Madhouse translated it into the anime. I could almost feel Saitama sighing before he steps forward to humble our favorite teen cyborg. The moment Genos glances back at the destruction caused by simply the force of a Saitama punch is eye opening. "It's as if there's a god residing in that body."

Mokujin

While they may change the fights a little, Madhouse adds such cool animations and details like glowing Genos body parts, awesome work.

Crocodile

Another thing, they moved the story of how the hero association started to this weeks episode. I'm really glad that still got in there. Although the joke is a lot more reserved now since you can't immediately tell it's butt chin guy since his picture is way smaller. I also found it hard to even tell considering 720p quality on Daisuki. Maybe it would of been easier on 1080p.

I didn't catch that the first time but you're right!

They have all the top ranking heroes in the OP and include people like Sweet Mask so I think it's just a way to make them feel more important. I wonder if this means other characters will be expanded upon as well. I also think they're trying to make Genos jump to S Class seem way more justified. I don't exactly see it as a setting up a different thread for later on or anything.

Also the one OPM anime site has some screengrabs from next weeks episode. The last thing you mentioned will probably happen going off the pictures.

That all does make sense. I'm certainly not going to argue there aren't ways in which the narrative of the webcomic/manga couldn't be improved - I was just taken by surprise. As for next episode, I see the side-story with the seaweed monster is going to be included (as a transition to
the Sea King arc?
) so I'm curious as to what will actually be covered - I would think
the Meteor
and everything surrounding it would be more than enough to fill up one whole episode. Seems more stuff will be shifted around and maybe added/subtracted.

JDSN

Banned
The fight was amazing, im love how the characters are all intense and all this drama is unfolding without realizing that Saitama could probably defeat all this people in a second.

The board members looked like they were drawn by the 20th Century Boys dude.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the anime is handling the drama elements of OPM better than the manga did. Not that it's very important to the manga but you actually get a wider range of feelings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom