• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop being giddy about thinking about the entirety of the
garou
arc being done in Murata's manga, as it was amazing in ONE's version.

Then I get to be double giddy about
Boros
in the anime. I mean I liked the earlier parts in the manga, that this episode covered, but the manga gets better when more of the ensemble casts gets introduced, and this second episode was amazing anyway.

It's a shame we'll have to wait years for the best arc in the story to be covered in anime form which actually has the most 'story' in it like a proper arc.

I almost never watch anime outside of DB and Naruto. Heck I hardly watch shows period nowadays... My rl friend told me about this a few days ago and it sounded interesting, and since it's at the beginning and people here are excited for it, I might as well get into it. This'll will probably be the most random thing I ever jump into.

Trickster

I almost never watch anime outside of DB and Naruto. Heck I hardly watch shows period nowadays... My rl friend told me about this a few days ago and it sounded interesting, and since it's at the beginning, I might as well get into it.

Most anime shows are not very long. Normally they are either 12 or 24 episodes long. So even if you don't start watching right at the beggining, most shows shouldn't feel too overwhelming to start watching.

Shows like Naruto and Dragon Ball are outliers since they are adaptations of manga series with hundreds of chapters.

Just in case you didn't know.

Ifrit

Best part of the OP

SU2AyQ9.png

Moaradin

You just made me realize something.
Why in the hell is she in the poster. That seems impossible with the episode count, unless they change the order of some stuff.

There were some special chapters with her in it before her official introduction. I'm sure they'll manage to fit her in somehow. She's a pretty popular character.

Most anime shows are not very long. Normally they are either 12 or 24 episodes long. So even if you don't start watching right at the beginning, most shows shouldn't feel too overwhelming to start watching.

Shows like Naruto and Dragon Ball are outliers since they are adaptations of manga series with hundreds of chapters.

Just in case you didn't know.

Yup I knew.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think I might have liked Episode 2 even more than Episode 1. This show is just fantastic all around. Great animation and stellar comedic moments. Really surprised about the latter since I'm rarely a fan of the humor used in a lot of anime.

Draxal

There were some special chapters with her in it before her official introduction. I'm sure they'll manage to fit her in somehow. She's a pretty popular character.

Ayup, I"m pretty sure they'll deviate in the manga compared just like Murata's version is deviating from ONE's version.

Don't recall Metal Bat, Pig God and Super Alloy Darkshine being shown in Murata's version iirc, as early as this.

So I'm not as big of an anime guy as I was as a teenager. The only ones I was really interested in for the past few years were Space Dandy and now this. Space Dandy ended up being one of my favorite shows ever and after watching the first episode of One Punch Man I have extremely high hopes for the rest of it. The two don't seem to have a lot in common at a glance, but there's definitely a similar vibe there, for me. I can't wait to see what the rest of the show is like.

I haven't read the manga, but from a quick glance at Wikipedia it has 9 volumes and the show is slated for 12 episodes so far. I'm curious how much this first run will cover, since the first episode apparently accounted for the first 4 chapters of the first volume.

A-V-B

So I'm not as big of an anime guy as I was as a teenager. The only ones I was really interested in for the past few years were Space Dandy and now this. Space Dandy ended up being one of my favorite shows ever and after watching the first episode of One Punch Man I have extremely high hopes for the rest of it. The two don't seem to have a lot in common at a glance, but there's definitely a similar vibe there, for me. I can't wait to see what the rest of the show is like.

Same director, I believe. Not Shinichiro Watanabe, but another guy who did a lot of work on the show.

BTW, does anyone else think the credits theme sounds kinda like... a song from Katamari Damacy?

Crocodile

First two episodes were god-like but that's not surprising considering the strength of the source material. As long as the animation keeps up, this seems like a show that could easily catch on in the West with some more exposure (Toonami plz?).

I haven't read the manga, but from a quick glance at Wikipedia it has 9 volumes and the show is slated for 12 episodes so far. I'm curious how much this first run will cover, since the first episode apparently accounted for the first 4 chapters of the first volume.

Not only do One Punch Man and Space Dandy share the same director, Shingo Natsume, they share a large number of the same animators. This video breaks down the major staff of this project (everybody in this topic should watch this video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmZM3GkYxU&feature=youtu.be

Heh, thanks guys. Both shows do have extremely high animation quality, which is a big part of the appeal for me. I'll have to look at Natsume's resume and see what else he's done.

convo

First two episodes were god-like but that's not surprising considering the strength of the source material. As long as the animation keeps up, this seems like a show that could easily catch on in the West with some more exposure (Toonami plz?).

Not only do One Punch Man and Space Dandy share the same director, Shingo Natsume, they share a large number of the same animators. This video breaks down the major staff of this project (everybody in this topic should watch this video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmZM3GkYxU&feature=youtu.be

That link is amazing, a really fantastic breakdown.What an amazing display of animation talent. I also think this will find great success with a good dub overseas.

This entire world of OPM is such a joke on the city backdrop in superhero movies. They can't even bother naming them other then alphabetic letters.

People seem already down on repetitiveness when only one other guy has been introduced, but this animation is such a momentous occasion in my life i wouldn't care if it takes time before they get to some more tangible plot. I can watch Gintama if i want to die of laughter. This is a good diet of good animation.

NEO0MJ

This anime looks to be a keeper! I love how he dodged the Lion's swipes. Saying he dodged casually would be giving it too much credit.

Finalow

totally called this as AOTY months ago when it was announced.

not sure if that's the joke but the OT title "just an average guy who serves as an average hero" is the manga english translation of Saitama's first phrase which is not what the author intended, you could say it's wrong, even. :p

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Ah man this is great! The fight budget looks amazing, wonder if they can keep it consistent? They're at a really high bar now. Also, I love how the humor is intact. Genos's backstory was expertly done. We're going through chapters pretty quick, I am really curious where it's gonna end on? They keep showing images of the S class guys, but that's not till decently far into the manga.

totally called this as AOTY months ago when it was announced.

not sure if that's the joke but the OT title "just an average guy who serves as an average hero" is the manga english translation of Saitama's first phrase which is not what the author intended, you could say it's wrong, even. :p

What would be a more accurate translation?

nope

6Nme1I0.png
Dude he's called one punch man. If people didn't die in one punch man he'd be called one punch* man

Then in the same episode
he kicked the ass of her superiors with one punch. Just because she didn't explode it doesn't mean she didn't die. That's be like arguing the giant in episode 1 didn't die

TimmiT

Dude he's called one punch man. If people didn't die in one punch man he'd be called one punch* man

Then in the same episode he kicked the ass of her superiors with one punch.

but he slapped her

a slap is not a punch

he also didn't kill the other mosquito when he tried to slap it so

Russ T

Banned
I'm fucking pleased as punch that this continued to look fucking amazing in episode two. Ahhhhh this is my favorite thing in a long time!

but he slapped her

a slap is not a punch

he also didn't kill the other mosquito when he tried to slap it so
Do you see how much blood is spewing out of her? She is most definitely dead. Whatever you see there intact is most likely just an arm or a leg or some other random body part that wasn't instantly vaporized when the rest of her body hit the building.

And Saitama trying to kill the lone mosquito beforehand was obviously a gag, played solely for laughs. He can be very aloof and not try too hard until it suits him (or the manga writers).

Russ T

Banned
Do you see how much blood is spewing out of her? She is most definitely dead. Whatever you see there intact is most likely just an arm or a leg or some other random body part that wasn't instantly vaporized when the rest of her body hit the building.

And Saitama trying to kill the lone mosquito beforehand was obviously a gag, played solely for laughs. He can be very aloof and not try too hard until it suits him (or the manga writers).

If you look at the image timmiT posted, it's basically her whole body flying off into the distance.

But, yes, she is dead, of course.

It's a weird artistic choice though to show any part of her body still intact. Dunno why they did that.

If you look at the image timmiT posted, it's basically her whole body flying off into the distance.

But, yes, she is dead, of course.

It's a weird artistic choice though to show any part of her body still intact. Dunno why they did that.
Probably to stay true to Murata's version of the fight from the manga adaptation. Her body wasn't completely destroyed in that, either.

Russ T

Banned
Probably to stay true to Murata's version of the fight from the manga adaptation. Her body wasn't completely destroyed in that, either.

Ah, okay, I haven't read it in so long. That's probably also a strange choice. But also it kinda works as a "she was sent flying so hard she was literally vaporized at the point of impact so that it didn't slow the rest of her body down".

Or something.

(Nevermind that physics dictates she probably would have been vaporized from the SLAP, but you know whatever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom