• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outer Worlds 2 Development progressing well, says Obsidian CEO

Draugoth

Gold Member
Despite his absence, as Obsidian is focusing on Avowed, development of the title is going well, according to CEO Feargus Urquhart.

"Development is going very well; I'm really impressed with the team. We have people on this project who simply understood and worked on the first game,"

Commenting on development, the CEO says that during the pandemic they almost dropped The Outer Worlds II and Grounded to focus 100% on Avowed, but received support from Microsoft not to give up.

We had difficulties in the studio during Covid. We tried to move forward with all these projects. There were conversations about dropping The Outer Worlds II [and Grounded] and just throwing the whole team into Avowed. I thank Microsoft and all the teams, we sat down together and said: no. We'll get there. We'll get there. Not on the original schedule, but we'll get there. And I think that has now been proven.

Grounded looks amazing. Pentiment was incredible. Avowed is going to be great. The Outer Worlds II is looking incredible.

iu

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The first one was fine with some good DLC campaigns, let's see how this turns out.

I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed Outer Worlds. Certainly more than Starfield.

I really wanted to like both, but the search for a great space rpg continues. I will say that Outer Worlds was better than Starfield for sure. I finished Outer Worlds, made two attempts at Starfield and it never clicked.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
They've quite a portfolio to say the least. All their games are fun. Im stocked for more 1st person sword and shield RPG.

Xbox is gonna get some use next year with this, stalker2 and fable? I'm also getting Perfect Dark and Indiana.

Grounded looks amazing. Pentiment was incredible. Avowed is going to be great. The Outer Worlds II is looking incredible...

well-goldblum.gif

afa outer worlds? let's just say i didn't prefer it to new vegas...

Last edited:

Hudo

I really want Avowed to be good because I like the setting and I do like a good first-person action RPG. It's just that what they've shown so far left me with mixed feelings. I think the combat still could have far better hit feedback and look less floaty.

Roberts

The main campaign in the first one was enjoyable. Not great, but they created an interesting world with fun satirical atmosphere. That said, both DLCs made the game better than it initially was.

StueyDuck

No one is ever going to say in their marketing but not really marketing interview that their current product is struggling and is in despair.

I'm not saying that is the case, but this also holds no water either.

Top Bottom