• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OUYA Launch Thread - Kickstarting GAF's favorite next-gen console

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, can you reformulate what you are saying? I'm having hard time understanding what you wrote.

Huh? Can you explain with greater detail?

Doing a quick google it looks like there is a game coming out for Ouya called "That Dragon, Cancer". Going by HP's post they tweeted that and then "Get some".

Here:
ku-medium.png

A link to an article for the game:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-13-that-dragon-cancer-will-launch-exclusively-on-ouya

RobbieNick

Best Buy actually had an Ouya in stock and my greater impulses betrayed me so I picked it up.

The first game I ended up downloading was Sine Mora. I didn't know this was an older XBLA title. WOW! Did that make a good first impression. The framerate chugs at times but the graphics are beautiful and I love the environment. Dropped $6 to buy the full version/

I really hope they get more popular Android titles on the system soon. It can really use it. Why hasn't Google play jumped on board?

OnPoint

I grabbed one of these at Target yesterday on impulse. Bought Towerfall. Any other good game or app recommendations?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
No, but I advice you againts buying the Nyan cat game. I bought it for my niece with my kickstarter's $13 and is utter crap.

Fox Mulder

I grabbed one of these at Target yesterday on impulse. Bought Towerfall. Any other good game or app recommendations?

I mostly use mine for emulators and media, XBMC put out an ouya version of the app in the store. Netflix can be sideloaded, although it's not optimized for the hardware and is pretty awful.

I'd love to see Gameloft stuff like Modern Combat or Asphalt 8 get on there, and all the Telltale Walking Dead stuff is coming, but the internal storage size of the ouya is pretty small for something hyped as a games console.

Top Bottom