• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But he claimed a JOAT that used all his powers. What could scum possibly gain by killing him now? Just to make sure Bastion is really dead?

Did no one watch The Last Bastion? Leave him alone!

franconp

Yeah. He has claimed JOAT, and nobody is scum-reading him, so it's not unexpected for him to think scum would NK him next.

But which is the difference between lynching Mazre and Splinter? And why would scum lynch him if he has used all his powers. He will be a normal townie next turn.

Burbeting

Banned
But he claimed a JOAT that used all his powers. What could scum possibly gain by killing him now? Just to make sure Bastion is really dead?

I think most people are town-reading him. It's logical for scum to try to keep the pool of suspects as big as possible.

cabot

He's seen by all as Town, and he may have more abilities.

The only thing that may keep him alive, if he's telling the truth, is killing him confirms me.

Burbeting

Banned
But which is the difference between lynching Mazre and Splinter? And why would scum lynch him if he has used all his powers. He will be a normal townie next turn.

I'm pretty sure he would be feeling that way whether Mazre or Splinter is lynched. Although I can't mindread him.

And the powers are not the issue, I reckon. It's that he isn't considered to be part of the suspects-pool. Scum want to keep that pool as big as possible, so they can hide better.

*Splinter

Out of curiosity, what makes you not vote Mazre? I mean, you two were the vote leaders and tied for awhile, but you never put a vote on him even in self defense.

I would ask Mazre the same question, but he at least doesn't seem to be around.
I don't think he's scum, especially now that he's leading the vote.

Sorian

Banned
The payload had finally reached the first checkpoint. It was a struggle every step of the way but as the doors opened, an explosion from behind the attacking team went off, followed by the static of machinery breaking down. It was the sound of of a MEKA unit going down which could only mean one thing! Zero Suit D.va was on the scene. Her Light Gun at the ready, she stormed the battlefield, ready to rack up the kills with her superior firearm.

She made it about two steps before two metal balls crashed into her skull. Killing her instantly.

Haly has died!

Now entering Route 66

Prepare your defenses.
You are town.

Welcome to Overwatch Mafia.

You have selected D.Va. A former professional gamer who now uses her skills to pilot a state-of-the-art mechanized armored drone unit, known as MEKA. Also, you are totally Sorian’s waifu.

You are a Town Adrenaline Junkie. You have no night actions but if you are ever NK’d, you will not die right away. Your MEKA will be destroyed but you will continue to fight outside of your drone unit. Of course, a D.Va outside of her MEKA is usually fairly useless so your death will just be delayed. You will instead die at the end of the following day phase.

You win when the attacking team (scum) has been eliminated.

With that out of the way, the battlefield moved into the second area and a new target made itself known immediately. Streaks of blue light could be seen as Tracer zipped around the arena. She was taking her potshots and a group had formed to take her out.

125 health left

78 health left

33 health left

4 health left

One final shot rang and made it's way.......through nothing. Suddenly, she was gone. She re-appeared on a roof overlooking everything, none the worse for wear.

Mazre has used Recall and remains in the game.

Now entering Route 66

Prepare your defenses.
You are town.

You have selected Tracer. Also known as Lena Oxton, you are desynchronized from the flow of time. With the help of Winston and the chronal accelerator, you are able to stay anchored to the present, which is perfect because Blizzard will make sure to release costumes for you at every single event even though hardly anyone uses you.

You are a Town Escape Artist. You have no night actions but, the first time you are lynched, you will automatically Recall. Your role PM will be posted to the thread but you will not exit the game. Think of this role as a one-shot lynchproof mixed with the innocent child role. The day will end in a “No Lynch.”

>_>

<_<

&#8230;.

&#8220;Cheers, love! The cavalry&#8217;s here!&#8221;

Night actions are due to me:
red_1476979200.png

And night 3 ends:
red_1476990000.png

DAY 3 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Mazre (8)
StanleyPalmtree .2211
cabot .2247
Sophia .2270
Bronx-Man .2305
AbsolutBro .2325
Burbeting .2330
Xamtheking .2336
Haly .2337

*Splinter (5)
melonrabbit .2092
nin1000 .2277
kingkitty .2301
Haly .2303 .2337
franconp .2317
Cherry Bomb .2331

AbsolutBro (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz .2024
*Splinter .2223 .2286
Mazre .2238

Barrylocke (1)
cabot .2235 .2247
Burbeting .2240 .2330
Ty4on .2248
Cherry Bomb .2308 .2331
*Splinter .2342 .2347

StanleyPalmtree (0)
franconp .1909 .2317

Cherry Bomb (0)
cabot .1814 .2099
Burbeting .1852 .2240
Xamtheking .1853 .2336
Bronx-Man .1933 .2167
Ty4on .2079 .2248

Haly (0)
kingkitty .2119 .2301

kingkitty (0)
Haly .2129 .2303

No active vote for Day 3:
*Splinter (has previously voted)
Barrylocke

Night 3 ends:
red_1476990000.png

Sorian

Banned
As Genji dashed from rooftop to rooftop, his prey fluttering between allies below him, one of the spectators sat behind his monitor. He was instantly enthralled by his two favorite heroes being in such close proximity. On the wall behind him, a massive Genji x Mercy poster dominated the room. Another quick glance around showed that everything was Genji or Mercy, even down to the newest Witch Mercy plush that sat below the man's monitor.

Back in the game, Genji had finally descended down behind Mercy. He had found his moment to strike and would be taking it. With a flick of his wrist he pulled his sword and his aim was true. Near death, Mercy did all she could to pull her pistol and get off four headshots, just enough to kill Genji. She tried to move away but with no health left, she was easy prey for the stray shot from the spray and pray Soldier in the corner.

Stunned, the man closed the Overwatch client.

"Some people will just never understand....."

Burbeting has died!

Now entering Route 66

Prepare your defenses.
You are town.

You have selected Mercy. Wearing your Valkyrie suit, you leap to the aid of who are imperiled. A peerless healer, a brilliant scientist, and a staunch advocate for peace, you were the head of Overwatch’s medical research department. Your bio says you are 37 but as with all most of the Overwatch women, you don’t look a day over 22.

You are a Town Reviver. Once during the course of the game, you will be able to bring one person back from the brink of death. Until you use your power, you will receive a report each day during dawn (the 3 hours before the day phase begins) of all of the players slated to die that day. You will be able to choose one to prevent the death of. The revived player will not be made aware that they were almost killed.

Sophia has died!

Now entering Route 66

Prepare your defenses.
You are town.

You have selected Genji. The youngest son of the master of the Shimada ninja clan and newly augmented cyborg due to the intervention of Dr. Angela Ziegler. And damn, what an ass she gave you.

You are a Town Mirror. Each night, you will passively deflect all actions back to their source except for the mafia faction kill. Please note that the “strong” modifier allows an action to bypass all redirection.

WhereAreMahDragonz has failed to meet her win condition and has exited the game

Now entering Route 66

Prepare to…...ship your favorite heroes?
You are neutral.

You have are the OTP Shipper. Watching from the safety of your own computer, you like to spectate all of the pro level tournament matches while dreaming of the perfect pairing. Whether it’s Pharmercy, Mercy76, MercyxGenji (man there’s a lot of ships involving Mercy) or something a little more civilized like LucioxD.Va, you just can’t get enough. But it’s time, time to show the world the one true pairing.

You are a Neutral Ascetic Cupid. Once over the course of the game, you may PM me the command OTP: <PlayernameA>, <PlayernameB>. This will make the two players in question lovers. They will receive access to a private chat and if one should ever die, the other will also immediately die regardless of any current protection they may have. They will be made aware of this stipulation. As you are not actually a character in the game and are watching from the safety of your own home, you can target all players and are immune to all actions….except for killing actions, I can always come up with a way for you to die.

You win if town or scum meet their win condition and your lover’s pair is still alive. You do NOT need to still be alive to claim victory. If you do not use your action by the end of night 3, you will be modkilled immediately.

Day 4 ends in:
red_1477162800.png

cabot

Mazre you better step it up now you're confirmed Town.

Ty, any particular reason your vote was just sticking out on Barry?

cabot

Alright things to clear up,

A) haly was target 2 on n2, and i believe i know the post which made scum choose him. It was early D2 after ouro tunnelled on Vere, and he said he understood what happened last night whilst voting on Vere. I read that as an investigative claim. I think thats why he was shot.
B) Burb and Sophia mus have been WAMD's lover pair, and one of them were shot last night, bringing all three out of the game.

C) Why didn't scum target Mazre or nin?

Nin is either because his joat is a lie or because they know his flip would confirm me, along with confirmed Mazre.

We can assume scum were playing it safe considering nin's protect at least

franconp

Alright things to clear up,

A) haly was target 2 on n2, and i believe i know the post which made scum choose him. It was early D2 after ouro tunnelled on Vere, and he said he understood what happened last night whilst voting on Vere. I read that as an investigative claim. I think thats why he was shot.
B) Burb and Sophia mus have been WAMD's lover pair, and one of them were shot last night, bringing all three out of the game.

C) Why didn't scum target Mazre or nin?

Nin is either because his joat is a lie or because they know his flip would confirm me, along with confirmed Mazre.

We can assume scum were playing it safe considering nin's protect at least

There's a possibility that someone still have the bulletproof that Ouro gave the second day.

cabot

Being mobile only makes scrolling back a bit of a mess, I remember Cherry being a bit all over the shop at day end.

Anyone care to refresh me with more specifics?

cabot

We're at 14 players, I highly doubt there is more than one neutral in a 22 player game, so I'm gonna assume It's pure Town vs Scum now.

That's 3 maximum scum vs 11 town.

Win condition is 50% for scum, so thats 3 scum vs 3 town.

By my maths (I'm bad at maths, someone double check me) we have 3 mislynches

D4 mislynch - 13
NK - 12
D5 mislynch - 11
NK - 10
D6 mislynch - 9
NK - 8
D7 mylo - 8 or 7
NK 7 or 6
D8 - lylo if no lynch on d7.

Everyone, top three scum.

Cherry Bomb
Ty4on
Barrylocke

Ty4on

Mazre you better step it up now you're confirmed Town.

Ty, any particular reason your vote was just sticking out on Barry?
I answered that yesterday. I preferred a Barry lynch, but would move my vote to save Splinter.

I'm working right now if I don't reply.

Damn.

Still need to catch up with the end of day. I thought Haly died because they were the last one to vote for Marze and then recall was auto triggered. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Need to catch up with the whole end of day but I'm still for lynching Splinter. He didn't even vote yesterday.

vote: Splinter

Top Bottom