• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

Starting to come around on Genji i got team kills back to back last game and ruined a bastions day by killing him before he could do anything every single time to the point he switched to Genji and then i killed him XD

Now that i am adding him in my main roster i can't decide between his legendary skin or Reihnhardt's because both of their skins are amazing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The only thing in the game I really think is unfun to play against is Widowmaker.

Counterpick Genji and your fun factor against Widowmaker will skyrocket.

When it comes to commendation, NEVER VOTE RED.

I'm actually more likely to vote red than blue whenever I'm playing alone. Unless I'm being unintentionally dishonest cuz of bias, I'm a lot more likely to notice the guy shutting me down all game than I am that other guy on our team getting a lot of kills, and... it's a game. Recognize good play. Don't be a sore loser. Besides. red or blue, these guys are all randos. What the hell do you or I owe them on the voting screen?

Besides, one game I got all 12 votes and that sort of thing needs to stay possible cuz everyone should get that at least once.

Decided to try out healer with Lucio and man, I love him AND I also get more satisfaction knowing I'm helping my team with my play. It's great fun.

I already had to pry myself from the game after five times of saying "okay one more" lol

Vestal

MeNaI8L.png

Reaper is my go to Offense. Have too much fun sneaking up on people.

Lucio and Reindhart are my go to when no one chooses tank or Healer. Torb is a lot of fun as well hehe.

I have been having a lot of fun with Soldier though. Still trying to learn Tracer and Genji.

I wasn't getting into Mei. Then I watched some players on twitch and gave her another shot.

She is now my waifu. Once she clicks, she just wrecks shop.

Forgot my roommate had a Steam controller so I went ahead and got the game. Only wanted to play with Gyro controls a la Splatoon and got it working, though my settings are a bit funky.

Still works though and is a ton of fun. Really love using Reinhardt, Tracer and Hanzo. Wish I was more savvy with computers so I could fix little niggling issues with the Steam controller but what I got working is more than ok. Glad I didn't have to pass up this game.

Wanderer5

Last match I did, was doing defense against payload, and there were two mei on the team lol. We won, but I was a bit annoyed a couple times when I was about to kill someone, but then a ice wall comes out to block that.<.< Almost got a non mech D.Va but then a ice wall appeared and she was able to get a new mech.

Anyway current stats. Lucio is going to take over Pharah soon heh.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I gotta say as things are now, I hope there aren't much if any nerfs to anyone. Let the playerbase ride it out and learn.

Didn't realize I had played Hanzo for so long, didn't really felt like it.

Usually play a lot more as a tank but played a lot during the beta and now a friend has kinda taken that role for a while. lol

Game is dangerously (for my life) fun.

Fliesen

had a blast playing with a few GAFfers on PS4 yesterday.

What isn't fun is how much of a clusterfuck PSN social features actually are.

We have:

A GAF Overwatch community
A huge GAF Overwatch party chat
Individual friends list
individual parties

If you form a party not from within the GAF Community, it doesn't show as a community party.
If you form a party not from within the party chat, it doesn't show as a game session connected to that chat.

The only saving grace is the fact that the mobile PS Messages app is pretty great.
Doesn't allow text input to gaming sessions, though, right?

B.O.O.M

lmao.

when you steamroll a team so bad the only POTG is a Widowmaker sniping a single dude (me).

How is that even possible? Was there anything special about the kill?

Also getting the finally delivered tomorrow..thanks to the 10GB update might not play until Thursday but whatever

How is that even possible? Was there anything special about the kill?

Also getting the finally delivered tomorrow..thanks to the 10GB update might not play until Thursday but whatever

If everyone just marches single fire into the meat grinder, then the highest scoring portion might just be a single kill.

If the play of the game isn't Bastion, it's someone shooting Pharah out of the sky while she's ulting

At least "JUSTICE RAINS FR-augh" never gets old.

Jyrii

Banned
Sorry this has probably been answered before, but does the commendations actually give you anything?

I have had fun playing Overwatch, but not having played PC m/kb shooters for ages really shows.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just postin stats.

My favorite hero has changed about 50 times since I first got in the beta. I played so much Tracer and Pharah in the beta but haven't really touched either since the game went live. Thru it all, Reinhardt has always been a fav. Since I have to play tank and support a lot because I'm "that" guy who values team comp over selfishness, I end up getting to play him a lot, not that I mind, he's always fun.

LMFAO I hope I get this too. It looks amazing

I mean not even a good multi kill? Not even a double kill play? Just one? lol the other team's teamwork must have sucked hard

In a game that short there might not BE a good multi kill.

On the other hand sometimes it just seems to bug out. I saw one where a Mercy did like 19% total damage spread out over two different people once. That was impressive.

Sorry this has probably been answered before, but does the commendations actually give you anything?

I have had fun playing Overwatch, but not having played PC m/kb shooters for ages really shows.

No. Just kudos.

Someone! Help me find a still/artwork/fan art of Overwatch characters with shocked expressions. Lest I'm forced to wade through the tangy salty side of Overwatch fan art since I can't find one in the SFW department.

Ramirez

Anyone on PS4 need one?

TJ-Ramirez

I wish the PS Group would show all the active members or something, seems kinda pointless?

Instro

Got a chance to put in a bit of time tonight. Really a lot of fun, although it would be nice to step out of pugs after I get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom