• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaper finally clicked for me. He is the pyro of Overwatch.

I've always liked loved the Pyro. W+M1 to victory!

I always thought Mei was the closest to Pyro. That's why I feel like she should be immune to being frozen. Not really for balance, but rather just because I feel it would suit her character.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I hate that people don't just shoot the damn thing. A S76 or junkrat can break it pretty fast, to say nothing of Bastion.

Winston and symmetra can shoot through it directly as well.

It's such a giant ass target if the team focused on it for 5 seconds it would break.

weemaster

My friend who lives in Jordan wants to play the game with me (he has a PS4). But every time he plays Overwatch he has constant lag for some reason. This thing doesn't happen to any other game (we played uncharted 4, driveclub, dota etc. together and no issues).

So is there a reason for this? Can it be fixed?

If anyone here lives in that area can help out it would be appreciated.

BigDug13

Calling Zen's healing capability tiny is just wrong. His heal orb is actually great since you don't need to be anywhere near people to toss it on them and even if they break line of sight they still get most of the healing they need out of it in the few seconds it lasts.

His DPS is silly good tho. Discord orb is one of the most underrated abilities in the game along with Mercy's attack hose.

Mercy's buff seems better if you have fewer heroes vs larger numbers. Zen's debuff seems better when you have more heroes that can concentrate firepower on fewer opponents. But the fact that Zen can have healing, debuffing, and shooting himself all going at the same time feels better to me than Mercy's "pick one thing at a time" style.

zonezeus

Calling Zen's healing capability tiny is just wrong. His heal orb is actually great since you don't need to be anywhere near people to toss it on them and even if they break line of sight they still get most of the healing they need out of it in the few seconds it lasts.

His DPS is silly good tho. Discord orb is one of the most underrated abilities in the game along with Mercy's attack hose.

True, I should be more specific - I consider his healing capabilities a tiny addition because it is almost always more beneficial to blast enemies with Discord + Left Click than trying to heal people. With Mercy and Lucio healing always takes priority over other things they can do (although Lucio can pretty much do everything anyway), with Zenyatta healing is almost always second.

EDIT: Come to think of it he's closer to Soldier 76 than other Support characters.

Zomba13

I got it like 5 times last night as Mercy. Then some dude in my group says "all you have to do is look at a number and press q"

Yeah

I played mercy for the first real time last night and at the end revived 2 people and we won and a Reaper on the other team was bitching about "potg right there for pressing q".

And I did get potg, but not for that, for much earlier where I revived two and they finished off some enemies. He was all "oh, well that was a surprise" "but still".

Like the potg 90% of the time isn't someone pressing q anyway.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Reaper finally clicked for me. He is the pyro of Overwatch.

I've always liked loved the Pyro. W+M1 to victory!

Yeah I just started using reaper and he's really great for solo queue because he's pretty self sufficient, he's good harass with awesome damage.

Honestly he's kind of like a slower huge damage tracer.

Uthred

I played mercy for the first real time last night and at the end revived 2 people and we won and a Reaper on the other team was bitching about "potg right there for pressing q".

And I did get potg, but not for that, for much earlier where I revived two and they finished off some enemies. He was all "oh, well that was a surprise" "but still".

Especially rich coming from a Reaper, dont think I've ever seen one get a POTG that wasnt their ultimate

Anyone else having a problem being able to spectate friends games? Always been grayed out for me since the game launched. I had no problem with it in the beta.

None of my friends are having this same problem 😞

pigeon

Banned
I always thought Mei was the closest to Pyro. That's why I feel like she should be immune to being frozen. Not really for balance, but rather just because I feel it would suit her character.

Mei is Blizzard making a strong design statement that you could push the Pyro wayyyy harder than Valve ever did in terms of balance and still have a beatable character. (Just like Torbjorn is Blizzard making the design statement that TF2 Engineers are bullshit and always have been.)

abundant

That's funny coming from a Reaper. Every single POTG from a Reaper I've seen was them using their ult.

Mei is Blizzard making a strong design statement that you could push the Pyro wayyyy harder than Valve ever did in terms of balance and still have a beatable character. (Just like Torbjorn is Blizzard making the design statement that TF2 Engineers are bullshit and always have been.)

That's why they created the Spy.

He's even more bullshit.

Ray Wonder

I feel noobs don't know it can break and they try to get behind him instead. It's annoying.

Or they think it has godlike HP and it's not worth shooting at.. Either way, that will come with time. People will get used to it and figure out that it's worth destroying quickly.

I love it when an enemy Reinhardt puts up his shield when I'm playing D.Va. It's like he's just asking me to break it.

I'm not familiar with D.Va. She get rid of his shield quick?

That indeed sounds like the Reaper type.

She puts rounds downrange like crazy and I don't believe I've ever had to reload with her. (Only started with D.Va last night but love her)

What's the best way to get through a Reinhardt shield quickly? Having so much trouble with them.

The best way to get through the shield is to take the shield out of the equation: flank him or run right through him so he has to choose which direction to point the shield. I like rushing him with Reaper because the shotgun blasts do a ton of damage close up, either to the shield or to his back. You're either killing him or your team is killing him. plus you can peace out with shift if you need to.

Reaper is my go-to tank and healer killer.

Her gun has a really huge spread and is normally only good for hitting targets when you're right in their face, but she can hit Reinhardt's shield and do effective damage from pretty much any range. I usually just break it on my own.

Takes the fun out of it really. That was after saying stuff like "no skill heal gun", "no skill hero", bitching every time I revive a few people and he just dies again ignoring the fact that I revived other players in better positions to help out, and "no upvotes for no skill hero" at the end of games.

Oh well :) Had tons of awesome games too. Love this game.

Fellow Mercy player, do not get discouraged! For every person who doesn't appreciate you there are probably fifty or more that do! Do not give up!

If Reinhardt and D.Va charged at each other. Who would win?

Pretty sure I've been in this situation and it's Reinhardt. D.Va's charge just pushes enemies out of the way. Reinhardt locks the enemy in place until he hits a wall or goes off an edge.

If Reinhardt and D.Va charged at each other. Who would win?
I imagine D.va would ricohet into the air and Reinhardt would be deflected slightly. Or else she'd be caught by the charge.

And in case anyone's unaware, Reinhardt vs. Reinhardt charges stun both. You do not want to do this. It's mutually-assured destruction.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i was gonna hold off on buying this but i think i will just get it now. played the beta and it was enjoyable for the most part. i hope now people are actually playing the objective and not having multiple of the same heroes.

She has infinite ammo, so she never reloads. Same with Hanzo.

Or, y'know... Hanzo always reloads.
i was gonna hold off on buying this but i think i will just get it now. played the beta and it was enjoyable for the most part. i hope now people are actually playing the objective and not having multiple of the same heroes.
A lot of people are still pretty new to the game, but for the most part it'll be OK. You'll win some, lose some, and lose some badly.

Yeah, in the five days it's been live, everyone has figured out how important objectives are and you never see 3 Bastions and 3 Reapers...ever.

I"m sure it's been said a dozen times, but Zenyatta is probably the weakest hero right now. It doesn't matter if he can debuff people and can kill heroes in 3 shots. His attacks aren't hitscan, so chances are he'll be killed first anyway, and he has to put himself at risk to attack or use Orb of Discord while being the easiest character to kill. On top of not having the healing impact of Mercy and Lucio. And when it comes down to it, you want a healer who's alive.

JGLS

Just a silly question, but how do you use general chat on PC? Every time I open the chat with enter, it says [TEAM] and I've checked the communication controls, there is a button for general chat but it still says [TEAM] when I press it.

Alavard

Just a silly question, but how do you use general chat on PC? Every time I open the chat with enter, it says [TEAM] and I've checked the communication controls, there is a button for general chat but it still says [TEAM] when I press it.

The Tab key switches between the channels after you hit enter.

Ray Wonder

Tab switches between chats. It says right on the empty chatbox before you type lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom