• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be on attack. Have two teammates playing Hanzo and Widowmaker for the entire match. We lost. Shocking!

Wish people would learn to play to team composition better but it's still such early days.

Edit: On a positive note, got me some nice skins. I can't get over how good all the legendary skins are for everyone.

Drewfonse

I consider myself a decent player. Above average with Lucio and Junky, below average with a few others. I tried Torbjorn for the first time and tured into an unstoppable behemoth. 3 straight defense POTG, 3 defense wins in a row, and a 53-7 elimination/death ratio. Yeeeesh. Use him if you want an inflated view of your true abilities.

MGrant

Fuck Dva's ultimate.

Don't even bother doing anything to capture the point, just let Diva slowy get her ult up and blow my team up and then instantly capture the point.

If you see an enemy D. Va on a Capture Point map, it's a good idea to go Mercy, just in case they try to pull this shit. If they do, just remind them that heroes never die.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck Dva's ultimate.

Don't even bother doing anything to capture the point, just let Diva slowy get her ult up and blow my team up and then instantly capture the point.

I havent seen anyine die to a d.va ult in many games, let alone multiple people. Again, its like some of you are stuck in day 1 :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Add Hawkian#1871 fellow comrades! Had my first match with some gaffers earlier today and it was so fun and such victory

Shifty

GwyndolinCinder's Pharah is strong. A-yup.

Had a fun few matches flying high as Mercy and doling out damage boosts.

Moonlight

Banned
Fuck Dva's ultimate.

Just get out of the way or find cover. It's usually pretty easy to avoid unless D.Va is cooking the timer by sending the mech vertically and at an unexpected angle. Even then, it's more reactable than a lot of other ults.

Guys, I'm about to buy loot boxes. I can't help it, somebody stop me, TALK ME DOWN!

I've just earned so many duds so many times in a row that I'm desperate for some loot.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Just gave Tjorbjorn a crack and remembered how much I loved to play an engineer in TF, TF2, and Q3F.

I was practicing on bots and got a 21 kill streak. Somehow I doubt he's quite so effective in PvP.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys, I'm about to buy loot boxes. I can't help it, somebody stop me, TALK ME DOWN!

I've just earned so many duds so many times in a row that I'm desperate for some loot.

Why are you desperate for cosmetic loot in a first person game? I honestly dont get it.

Two Words

You get credit for repeat rewards. So even if you keep getting duds, they'll eventually overlap and then you can buy the stuff you want with the credit you earn.

Ken

inb4 someone thanks you for paying for their future content and will remind you that they'll be working towards their skins for free

-MD-

Thank you for paying for my future content and I'll continue working toward my free skins.

Rhaknar

Real talk? I forget I even get boxes now. I had 3 earlier because I kept playing without checking. I expect nothing so if something drops, neat.

Odrion

Banned

So how are you going to feel when you buy more and find out that it's all junk as well? Buy more? And when you finally get a legendary, what does that amount to? During gameplay all you're seeing of that skin is the arm. Is that really worth it?

Maybe you'll get an EPIC play of the game animation. Except unless it's Bastion or one of the other four that constantly get it for hitting their q, no one will ever see it. And if they do, how many do you think care? Do you care when you see it?

Xeteh

Very little is more fun than getting to play a harassing D.Va. If my team picks a more static tank and they've got a sniper that is doing some work, I'm going to play D.Va and fly in behind them and just be annoying as hell.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fuck anubis point B so hard. Need attacking team to go like 2 Pharah 2 Junkrat or something AND kill the mercy so there is no revive.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally got around to trying Mayhem. I was unstoppable with D. Va! Never died and got my first play of the game ever using her Ult. Good stuff

Apathy

Think of it this way, every box you get can have a legendary. you might get 20 legendaries

Rhaknar

Why am I a level 7 and playing with level 40's and above?

Is there some sort of MMR going on behind the displayed rank?

Because thats what Blizz do. Also levels dont mean much, its just time spent really. A loss doesnt give that much less than a win, maybe those level 40s have a ton of losses and a lot of free time.

Odrion

Banned
The best thing in a loot box are the audio lines because you can find some really dumb ones and spam them over and over.

yush

yush

yush

And those things are ridiculously cheap.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk? I forget I even get boxes now. I had 3 earlier because I kept playing without checking. I expect nothing so if something drops, neat.

I really liked it when loot boxes didn't exist. I played matches because the game was fun and I enjoyed playing it.

Then they added loot boxes and all of a sudden I'd find myself playing one or two more matches just to level up. Something about them that skews people's incentives for playing the game.

Rhaknar

I really liked it when loot boxes didn't exist. I played matches because the game was fun and I enjoyed playing it.

Then they added loot boxes and all of a sudden I'd find myself playing one or two more matches just to level up. Something about them that skews people's incentives for playing the game.

But I am playing because its fun lol

ExVicis

I need to play with other people or something. I'm getting really really salty about being on a Payload and being literally the only one pushing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
ugh

nothing sucks as much as getting two of the same item in a loot box, happened to me twice so far and I'm only lvl 19

20 triple grey crates in a row sucks more. I felt like I had wronged Blizzard and they were punishing me.

mreddie

Hanzo is good but you need to use him right, his ult is almost useless vs. Tanks but his counter can take out turrets and bastion.

ADS

Man, I love this game so much, but it kills me that I have to play Lucio every match.

I mean, I really like playing Lucio, but if I don't choose support it seems nobody else ever does and we lose. I just want to character switch once in a while. :(

ShogunX

Soldier just reeks of Blizzard recognising the lower skill levels on consoles and pandering to it. Like a ''don't worry COD fans we have a class here just for you'', it's a shame to see so many afraid to come out of their comfort zone but I guess the rest of us will carry on mopping up the kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom