• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Soldier just reeks of Blizzard recognising the lower skill levels on consoles and pandering to it. Like a ''don't worry COD fans we have a class here just for you'', it's a shame to see so many afraid to come out of their comfort zone but I guess the rest of us will carry on mopping up the kills.

It makes sense though. he's the usual soldier class you see in games and that's pretty much everyone's start unless you get the games basics right from the start.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Soldier just reeks of Blizzard recognising the lower skill levels on consoles and pandering to it. Like a ''don't worry COD fans we have a class here just for you'', it's a shame to see so many afraid to come out of their comfort zone but I guess the rest of us will carry on mopping up the kills.

First of all, its not a secret, that is exactly why they made the soldier (well the cod crowd oart, the console shaming seema unnecessary), they even said it in interviews.

Second of all, what are you carrying? 76 is great. Great damage, good mobility, self heal. He's actually really fun to play too.

Sora_N

How's D VA? I just got the game and she's pretty fun. I was surprised that she can still go on a bit after the mech is done.

I tried Mercy first though actually and had no idea wtf to do or if the other people on the team just suck.

Speaking of 76, I think Soldier spam is the strongest hero spam lineup. Either 6 Soldier 76's or 5 Soldiers and a healer.

Ran into this on Anubis. 5 76s and a Lucio is nothing to sneeze at.

LET'S BREAK IT DOWN
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED

One of them swapped to a Reinhardt for the last point to get past the choke, but it was still terrifying.

JTripper

McCree is the hardest character for me to use. I just don't know how to use him. I can't win any firefights if I don't have my stun bomb and I can barely aim with his gun.

Ramirez

Man I had a god tier game of Roadhog earlier, we defended Hanamura B for like 8 minutes, ended up with a 26 kill streak. Feels good man.

Regiruler

I disconnected at exactly 11:30pm tonight and have been unable to get back on at all.

I had parental controls back when I played WoW.

hm....

Ran into this on Anubis. 5 76s and a Lucio is nothing to sneeze at.

LET'S BREAK IT DOWN
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED

One of them swapped to a Reinhardt for the last point to get past the choke, but it was still terrifying.
Oh damn, that would be awesome. You could even have the Lucio running speed-boost harassment in the back. Killer setup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What language does Mei speak / where is she from?

Gator86

Man, I love this game so much, but it kills me that I have to play Lucio every match.

I mean, I really like playing Lucio, but if I don't choose support it seems nobody else ever does and we lose. I just want to character switch once in a while. :(

Yup, I love Lucio, but it's fucking irritating to have to play him every game just to try to not get destroyed. They need to give double xp for healing or something. They should also scale xp based on objective time in some way.

Odrion

Banned
First of all, its not a secret, that is exactly why they made the soldier (well the cod crowd oart, the console shaming seema unnecessary), they even said it in interviews.

Second of all, what are you carrying? 76 is great. Great damage, good mobility, self heal. He's actually really fun to play too.

Soldier 76 is a great joke of a character. In a game filled with creative designs and crazy roles you got a guy that plays like your modern lifeless FPS protagonist who also has an average looking body and silhouette, who is literally faceless and nameless aside from a number.

It's like by design Blizzard made a hero that tells the player "don't worry, something familiar is here, but wouldn't you want to play all these other interesting looking heroes and designs?"

Soldier 76 is a great joke of a character. In a game filled with creative designs and crazy roles you got a guy that plays like your modern lifeless FPS protagonist who also has an average looking body and silhouette, who is literally faceless and nameless aside from a number.

It's like by design Blizzard made a hero that tells the player "don't worry, something familiar is here, but wouldn't you want to play all these other interesting looking heroes and designs?"
Don't care, will continue tearing up your shit.

ShogunX

I'm playing on Console....... :}]

As for characters, I carry whatever the team needs. Currently running Junkrat, seems fun so far.

Rhaknar

Yup, I love Lucio, but it's fucking irritating to have to play him every game just to try to not get destroyed. They need to give double xp for healing or something. They should also scale xp based on objective time in some way.

Kills dont give xp. I play healers and tanks mostly dude and I get 3k xp a win just like when I dps

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

This time when your friend complains about an aimbot it's actually true.

Kalentan

He's actually based off of the character from Chris Metzen's comic:

Soldier_76_Metzen.jpg

LiK

man, the best costumes are locked away for 1000 credits each. so damn tempted to buy just a few crates to see if i score better costumes. i really don't like the default stuff for most of them.

Oh damn, that would be awesome. You could even have the Lucio running speed-boost harassment in the back. Killer setup.

Between 76's healing circle and Lucio, we couldn't kill them before they killed us unless one of them overextended out of position.

Outside of gimmick teams, 76 is still a freaking powerhouse that people seem to be sleeping on due to being the shooter guy.

Gator86

Kills dont give xp. I play healers and tanks mostly dude and I get 3k xp a win just like when I dps

I mean you should get extra xp for matches where you play as a healer beyond what you normally get. It's a pointless suggestion though. Nothing can fix this player base. Just played a game with 3 Torbs. None of them ever set a turret and we lost in under two minutes.

TP

I think since i've updated my driver yesterday character models have started to take a moment to load in at start of the game and potg

any setting I can turn down to get those back to instant like before?

vypek

How's D VA? I just got the game and she's pretty fun. I was surprised that she can still go on a bit after the mech is done.

I tried Mercy first though actually and had no idea wtf to do or if the other people on the team just suck.

D.Va is good. Really shreds people in close range but only close range. Her damage drop off at range is very high. Almost like you are just tickling someone. But it does sometimes scare people away.

With Mercy, just follow people around and heal them as much as possible. If everyone is full on HP, give them attack boost. If you are curb stomping the opposing team you could always switch from her staff to her gun and get in on the action but Mercy is a support character and should focus on supporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom