• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I really love playing Zarya on defense. I think one of the reasons she's so good at it is because nobody wants to shoot her while her shields are up. So she represents this giant body that runs all over the objective and you can't really do much to her without powering her up. Her shields give her some level of sustain between team fights even if she doesn't heal as quickly or reliably as roadhog, but she's still much better at stalling the enemy.

I'm having terrible luck with matchmaking today. Keep getting paired with the same group of players every time, and they don't seem to understand that you have to play this as a team.

I used the avoid option for those.

But ye its really annoying just like when you have 2 idiots going Hanzo/Widowmaker while the team has no tanks or other defense heroes. Then they get mad when you dont heal them every 10 seconds.

Hearthstone in a nutshell right now.

mbpm1

Ran into this on Anubis. 5 76s and a Lucio is nothing to sneeze at.

LET'S BREAK IT DOWN
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED
TACTICAL VISOR ACTIVATED

One of them swapped to a Reinhardt for the last point to get past the choke, but it was still terrifying.

This just proves that COD characters >>> Overwatch characters

jk

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just had the craziest arcade mode match of all times.

Full team of Reinhardt + one Lucio vs Full Team of Wintson + Zarya.

This is when I learned what happens when an unstoppable force meats the unmovable object.

They switch to Mei and win. (Which is what the Defending Reinhardt team did).

LiK

Just had the craziest arcade mode match of all times.

Full team of Reinhardt + one Lucio vs Full Team of Wintson + Zarya.

This is when I learned what happens when an unstoppable force meats the unmovable object.

They switch to Mei and win. (Which is what the Defending Reinhardt team did).

LOL

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Am I a bad person for wanting the next brawl mode to be Torbjorn sets up instant lvl 2 turrets and they can have 2 of them?

And also Bastion can move while in turret mode and Mei's ice wall is twice the size and explodes freezing everyone around it?

Im sorry OWgaf im just messing with you :(

-MD-

We fought a premade earlier that seemed to only do 6 of the same character for an entire round.

They went through Tracer, Soldier, Dva & Winston, then in our last match each team kill resulted in a new wave of Widow, Pharah, Lucio.

Was actually kinda fun, don't think we ever lost a round either.

First Friday night since launch, I think it's just amateur hour out there. Tonight I saw a Lucio that didn't heal anyone at all, a game where we completely shut out the other team on Lijang, and a Roadhog that kept healing when he meant to use the hook instead.

That last one was me. I feel so dumb.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The hunter leaves a trap for his prey.

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Need group badly. Playing with pubs is mindnumbing.

People seem to think that playing in a group will net them instant wins, but then you get the other side of the coin that you might and probably will run into premades on comms and shit.

I actually prefer to run with a small posse of 2/3 people (including myself)

LiK

People seem to think that playing in a group will net them instant wins, but then you get the other side of the coin that you might and probably will run into premades on comms and shit.

i got invited to some groups and we didn't do so hot against another group who was better. so yea, it depends.

That's the thing -- I don't really care if I win or not, I just care if the team is playing in a logical manner. If I get overrun by an awesome team, so be it. I just don't want to play on a team where nobody tanks or there's three widowmakers or whatever.

Heel

Has anyone run into a full Lucio team yet? I'd like to try that someday with some other competent Lucios.

We fought a premade earlier that seemed to only do 6 of the same character for an entire round.

They went through Tracer, Soldier, Dva & Winston, then in our last match each team kill resulted in a new wave of Widow, Pharah, Lucio.

Was actually kinda fun, don't think we ever lost a round either.

Played with a group of randoms and we somehow non-verbally all picked Torbjorn to defend on Hanamura.

It did not go well for the other team...lol. Saved the video, too.

Odrion

Banned

Do small groups que you for pubs or other groups?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I love getting PoTG as Mercy over and over again. Multi res OP.

Has anyone run into a full Lucio team yet? I'd like to try that someday with some other competent Lucios.

The auras don't stack (at lease multiple of the same one don't) so you're really only getting the advantage of having the amped auras more frequently, also the dps is going to be very low since Lucio doesn't deal that much damage. As with most novelty strats it's only really good for a laugh since you're going to have a hard time actually killing anyone.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Had a lot of fun playing with various GAF groups tonight! But this was by far my favorite:

We discovered the secret that let us go on a crazy winning streak - at least 1 Symmetra always, even on attack and payload, heh. 8)

The auras don't stack (at lease multiple of the same one don't) so you're really only getting the advantage of having the amped auras more frequently, also the dps is going to be very low since Lucio doesn't deal that much damage. As with most novelty strats it's only really good for a laugh since you're going to have a hard time actually killing anyone.
I'm really just looking for the fun of a whole team of Lucios coordinating their pushback blasts and bumping people off maps :p

MazeHaze

Banned
I'm usually so terrible at shooters, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game. I even seem to do ok, got 21 kills today! I tend to play healer more though because nobody else ever wants to, and I usually get a bunch of upvotes or whatever they are called at the end of the match for being a good healer! :) This game makes me feel great!

Rhaknar

Do small groups que you for pubs or other groups?

I assume its looking for other small grps + pugs? I usually do at least 1 person for the xp boost (some gaffer from my friends list or something) or 3 when a real life friend that plays it is on. I mean I wont say "nah dude you cant join because I want to leave it at 3" or anything, if people want to join they join, its just how its usually worked out.

Sulik2

Have been struggling with my friends and we swapped roles around tonight and went 11-1 in like three hours. Having a unit of three that can play and communicate makes a difference. I'm in love with soldier 76.

This was the most fun I have ever had in a multiplayer shooter tonight. Winning a hold the point game where round one we were down 97 - 0 and round two down 99 - 0 was absolutely exhilarating. The frantic overtime scramble in tight rounds are so fun.

TheFatMan

Ordered this on Amazon (to get the Prime saving, why not). Damn game has been "preparing to ship" for like 3 days now and Amazon now shows the item as out of stock.

My local Target has like 35 copies in the display case, but Amazon can't get there hands on one to ship me?

Expected delivery is Thursday of next week. 9 days to get a copy of a game from the largest online retailer on Earth. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom