• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck are you supposed to do against some of these cheese strats

Just had a team go 4 Torbs, a Mercy, and a Mcree while defending and it was fucking impossible to do anything about.

That's not fun. That makes me regret buying this game.
Two Reinhardt and a Widow are what I used against a full team of 6 Torbs. Widow drops the turrets quick, I'm guessing she could drop the Mercy as well.

mbpm1

That awkward feeling when you get POTG, get excited, and then see a completely mediocre moment instead of the one where you got a good non-ult kill spree going.

I think a BIG thing about this game is situational awareness. I dont think most people are extremely good at that habitually.

You pay the price for not being aware of enemy team set up, not being aware of the play styles of all characters, of footsteps, move cries, ways to effectively use a character.

There have been times I'm on mic with my friends, playing King of the Hill, tell them I'm going in to beserk as Winston and to clean up the mess because most fire will be focused on me. They still habitually get zombified into their own little duels if they are outside the point and don't see the big picture.

Like another time we were rushing back to the point and we had another tank goofing around with a stray Tracer, I chose to ignore he and continue on to the point if she followed me she would get pulled into the meat grind anyway. I get if you are experimenting with characters but I've beserked so many times with the team either not doing anything or still somehow dying in the chaos before I do.

This really is super important. When I first started playing I would watch my replays and be like "wtf am I doing" as I would chase someone literally past the entire rest of enemy team and get mowed down.

Nowadays I try to look out more.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That awkward feeling when you get POTG, get excited, and then see a completely mediocre moment instead of the one where you got a good non-ult kill spree going.

"I can't wait for them to see that quad I got to clear the payload" *cuts to RYU GAWAWAGAWAGA double kill*

Xeteh

Or when your really good moment isn't actually really good at all. I got one the other day on Winston and my friends were like OH SHIT, BIG PLAYS?! and I just said watch me press left click real good. It was on one of the Lijang tower points, my team wore down theirs and my tesla cannon managed to snag most of the kills while I ran in a small circle chasing them down for the quad kill.

POTG needs to be redesigned from the ground-up. As it is, it's not giving a lot of players the praise they really deserve.

I was on a team as Roadhog, doing my usual hook-kill-tank thing, and generally just being annoying. We had a Mercy who was sticking to our Reindhardt and me like glue, topping off everyone else's health but generally making it really hard for our tanks to die.

Who gets POTG? Why, Hanzo got a lucky shot with a scatter-arrow on a Soldier: 76 who just pressed Q. So the Mercy who was constantly bringing us back and healing us when we needed it doesn't get any praise, but sheer luck does.

"I can't wait for them to see that quad I got to clear the payload" *cuts to RYU GAWAWAGAWAGA double kill*

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw ive now played close to 200 games on pc and I've encountered one (lol) game I would call a gimmick (something like 3 tors 3 bastions or some combination of this, back on day 1 when more ppl didnt know how to deal with it), and it was a pain sure, but I actually still won. Thats not the point tho as yes, it was a pain.

Is this just happening more on consoles or something?

Two Reinhardt and a Widow are what I used against a full team of 6 Torbs. Widow drops the turrets quick, I'm guessing she could drop the Mercy as well.

As a Mercy player...yes, Widows can kill you very easily ;_; I think they just need a full charge body shot?

Crono27

Btw ive now played close to 200 games on pc and I've encountered one (lol) game I would call a gimmick (something like 3 tors 3 bastions or some combination of this, back on day 1 when more ppl didnt know how to deal with it), and it was a pain sure, but I actually still won. Thats not the point tho as yes, it was a pain.

Is this just happening more on consoles or something?

I've seen 6 d.VA 6 Winston and stuff like that occasionally at start of a game but once they get demolished they switch. Most people do it to see if they are going against people that have no idea how to counter it for an easy win.

mbpm1

Or when your really good moment isn't actually really good at all. I got one the other day on Winston and my friends were like OH SHIT, BIG PLAYS?! and I just said watch me press left click real good. It was on one of the Lijang tower points, my team wore down theirs and my tesla cannon managed to snag most of the kills while I ran in a small circle chasing them down for the quad kill.

Yeah even Tobjorns themselves are like, "okay" when they see the POTG is them chiling next to a turret that got 1 kill.

X-Frame

If you click on your friend's name, there will be "Request to Join Group" option if they're in a group.

Ah, I phrased my question wrong ..

What I meant to ask is if I can see if there are fireteams present in a game I am already playing (for example, if I could see that the other team consists of a party of 4 people).

El Jaffe

POTG needs to be redesigned from the ground-up. As it is, it's not giving a lot of players the praise they really deserve.

I was on a team as Roadhog, doing my usual hook-kill-tank thing, and generally just being annoying. We had a Mercy who was sticking to our Reindhardt and me like glue, topping off everyone else's health but generally making it really hard for our tanks to die.

Who gets POTG? Why, Hanzo got a lucky shot with a scatter-arrow on a Soldier: 76 who just pressed Q. So the Mercy who was constantly bringing us back and healing us when we needed it doesn't get any praise, but sheer luck does.

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau.
I tend to roll a Mercy and while I never get POTG I almost always get the most votes at the end of the match for my healing. So as long as my team knows and appreciates me, I'm good.

LiK

Ah, I phrased my question wrong ..

What I meant to ask is if I can see if there are fireteams present in a game I am already playing (for example, if I could see that the other team consists of a party of 4 people).

Oh, I don't think so. I wish they showed it so you know if it was a group. I guess keeping it vague prevents randoms from quitting.

Gorillaz

Honestly think I might not play this for a month or 2

Its too frustrating dealing with people picking the same damn 3 choices and can't even play the characters right. That's the worst part

mbpm1

I hate this game.

It's too good and fun.

It really strikes a good balance for me with team and individual based play imo. And also just enough addiction that I want to play every day but not so much that I get stuck on it for hours. Most of the time I'm cool with an hour or two session and then I can be like "that was some good games, Imma take off now" and feel satisfied.

Edit: Lmao at my review placement under the two above me.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/05/27/nerf-this-d-vas-mech-from-overwatch/

1txRh3h.jpg

I don't really care about stats aside from getting the PotG, that stuff is fun.

Unfortunately most of the time I think I have a play good enough and then, nope, our team ran into someone's ult and died.

IgMyx.gif

Veldin

The one thing I hate about this game is the lack of auto-balancing. Instead of evening the teams out when a couple of players leave it scrambles to get replacements. Which just leads to 15-30 seconds of 4v6 or 5v6 where one team gets stomped in a flash.

Off-topic: With Discord, is there a way to choose which servers to connect to when you open it, or do I have to be in all the ones i'm linked to when it's open? I just want to be on the GAF server and not the others right now, but I don't want to just delete the others.

Gator86

Just had a game attacking a control point where I was literally the only person on my team to go past the first choke point. No one ever even tried. I don't get it. Why even play the game? Just install it.

The game after, our Bastion kept firing at Genji who would reflect it every time. He never figured out he should stop shooting at him during that animation...

Just had a game attacking a control point where I was literally the only person on my team to go past the first choke point. No one ever even tried. I don't get it. Why even play the game? Just install it.

The game after, our Bastion kept firing at Genji who would reflect it every time. He never figured out he should stop shooting at him during that animation...

maybe first time players

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont want to start anything, I really dont, but you guys having terrible experiences, are you on console or pc? Ive lost my share of games (almost half in fact lol) and quite a few were curbstomps, but its like im playing a different game sometimes. Im on PC btw.

packy34

An entire team of people around level 20? It's just absurd how little the average player cares about the objectives at all. The game is so amazing and the player base is so fucking terrible.

100% agree. I'm sick of trying to get on the objective alone or with the friend I group with only. Every KOTH match, my team is fucking around outside the zone when it unlocks instead of trying to get inside. It's infuriating.

_DrMario_

Fuck Dva's ultimate.

Don't even bother doing anything to capture the point, just let Diva slowy get her ult up and blow my team up and then instantly capture the point.

Apathy

Fuck Dva's ultimate.

Don't even bother doing anything to capture the point, just let Diva slowy get her ult up and blow my team up and then instantly capture the point.

then hide? I mean it's not that hard, line of sight stops it. Hell not sure now but in the beta the street signs on hollywood could line of sight it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom