• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize_21

Fuck, Mei is such a no-skill bullshit character. Just wave your crosshair wildy in the general direction of the enemy and you'll freeze them and can pick them off one by one while taking a coffe. She's the fuckin anti-fun in this game along with Bastion.
Anyone have any good tips on how to tell with this pest? And no "keep your distance" nonsense, if she starts chasing you her freeze spray most likely will reach you. In fact, they should nerf the range on that gun. Seriously.

Zarya is amazing against her, her shield nullify the frozen state, no matter if it's her cryogun or ult. She's really efficient against Mei imo.

vypek

How the fuck are we still having games where people don't get on the point? If you are experienced to be level 30+ don't you know how the game works?

Fuck, Mei is such a no-skill bullshit character. Just wave your crosshair wildy in the general direction of the enemy and you'll freeze them and can pick them off one by one while taking a coffe. She's the fuckin anti-fun in this game along with Bastion.
Anyone have any good tips on how to tell with this pest? And no "keep your distance" nonsense, if she starts chasing you her freeze spray most likely will reach you. In fact, they should nerf the range on that gun. Seriously.

Mcree shits on her. If she is close enough to ice spray you, you are close enough to stun her and kill her.

Astral

I hate it when you feel like you contributed well to the team but then you get to the results screen and see that you really didn't do shit. Feels bad.

You've got to use Mei if you think any of this is true. Her freeze lasts just long enough to shoot one or two ice projectiles, and that's it. Her frosty gun will do negligible damage by comparison, and is incapable of freezing more than one person at once. Any close-range character will melt her after the freezing period.

She's a powerful defensive hero, but her shortcomings are well documented by this point.

Ults are so awesome.

None of them are grossly OP but you still have that feeling where one well-timed, well-placed ult can be the difference in the game.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Ah, yeah he's annoying. You can bait him into throwing the flashbang, turn into an iceblock, then unfreeze for the kill if he's being predictable. But he's hard 1v1 for everyone.
Smart McCree's know to lure people into enclosed spaces. I keep falling for it, and halfway through I always think, "What am I doing?"

By the way, is there any form of clan support in the PS4 version?

Go McCree. Can pick her off from a distance and flashbang her if she gets close.

I'm kind of surprised at the critics about some characters' balance. Bastion opposed to Widowmaker or even tracer is a joke (unless it is protected by a tank and a healer, like it should, but even then you have ways to counter it). Mei can be really annoying but a character with high DPS can take care of her in 3 seconds. I'm more annoyed at team mates spamming an ice wall in front of Bastion which was shooting down ennemies like flies.

Gurrry

This game needs to chill with constantly removing you from games to find another game with "more players".

I was just in a game with a bunch of cool people on both teams, no one left, but it kicked me out to find another match with more people.

Gumbie

Pharah's rockets have an incredibly satisfying explosion noise.

Router or firewall issues, maybe? I don't think the servers have been down at all in that period.

Worst issues I've had are "waiting for players" periods that never end and the occasional weird bout of lag; never disconnects.

I tried using my cell phone tethering to bypass all my router and isp. No luck.

The normal answer is to out aim her with a character like McRee or Widow.

But you get a character like Pharah, she can fly away from the freeze or knock her away with the conc grenade.

docbon

Reaper can wraith form out of the slow.

Zarya can bubble herself and another and remove the slow. Very useful for the ult in particular.

Pharah can just do circles above her while raining down rockets. Or use your E for the knockback if you're on the ground.

Reinhardt can block the freeze with his shield and pin her for an instakill.

McCree can just stun her and double unload her to ashes.

etc etc.

Just don't fight her in a cramped hallway and you're golden.

Xeteh

Neither should be able to counter her tbh, especially Genji who is a free kill most of the time since he can't deflect Mei, has just enough HP to avoid dying from his combo and then heal and also the only way to get away from her is the slash which if you've already used then you're out of luck as he can't evade her fast enough. As a Genji player Mei is my bane apart from Torbjorn (his turrets do a lot of damage but don't fire nearly fast enough for me to destroy it or even significantly damage it using deflect if it's set up in a good spot)

You mean the same Genji who has a dash that should just use it to run away from Mei? If there is a Mei on another team and you're dashing in to her then you done fucked up. Mei cannot kill a Tracer unless she gets hit by two icicles which is really hard since she's Tracer. Tracer should never be frozen since she has 3 blinks and a recall.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How long until they patch Reinhardt dash that can hit people through the doors/walls before the game starts?

Love seeing people's reaction when I take half their health before the game even starts ;)

Just run back into the spawn point and get your HP back.

SDCowboy

The lvl is not an indicator how well you play.

Right but it's an indicator of time played. The amount of people that either don't know or don't care about getting to a point, and when when taken, staying and HOLDING the point, is staggering. I mean, it's absurd. Too many play the game like it's TDM on COD.

Is there a penalty to leaving a game after it ends, before "Play of the Game"? I really don't enjoy any of the after-game stuff, and if I don't like my party I just want to bail. Not sure if I'm missing out on EXP if I were to leave though...?

Right but it's an indicator of time played. The amount of people that either don't know or don't care about getting to a point, when when taken, staying and HOLDING the point, is staggering. I mean, it's absurd. Too many play the game like it's TDM on COD.

Exactly a lot of people play OW like CoD and it is annoying. And yeah I agree it is rage inducing.

Jyrii

Banned
forget Mei, forget Mcree, forget Bastion. EUGAF most hated character:

nWGUgHz.gif

true story

That reminds me of a match I had today. Reaper started his dance of death at capture point. I was a bit farther away, so I wouldn't have died, and probably would have killed him. But someone from my team launched him towards me.

He killed our whole team..

Learning that Zarya's shield removes frost and Orb of Disharmony completely changed my opinion of her. She ascended my previous ranking of "offensive tank" to something far greater.
I tried using my cell phone tethering to bypass all my router and isp. No luck.
Well then I'm out of ideas, unless it's something software-side on your computer.

One other thing to consider is reaching out to your ISP or Blizzard. It could very well be an error on either of their sides, somehow. At the very least it will help narrow down the problem. Or alternately, the TechSupportGAF thread might be able to lend a hand.

forget Mei, forget Mcree, forget Bastion. EUGAF most hated character:

nWGUgHz.gif

true story
Toblerone deserved it, standing there like that.
Alright folks, I'll probably be putting up OT2 later today. Throw out those title ideas.

Overwatch |OT2| Balance talk never dies

SDCowboy

Exactly a lot of people play OW like CoD and it is annoying. And yeah I agree it is rage inducing.

I mean I'll have rounds where I'm practically begging the team to stay on the held point, while they just all scatter, and the attacking team marches right in. And don't even get me started on tanks that don't tank (speaking of people playing this like it's COD).

Scirrocco

Is there a penalty to leaving a game after it ends, before "Play of the Game"? I really don't enjoy any of the after-game stuff, and if I don't like my party I just want to bail. Not sure if I'm missing out on EXP if I were to leave though...?

Pretty sure there isnt. Exp seems to be added as soon as the game ends. I know I got the achievements for getting level 10 and 25 when the match ended, not when it showed the e p being added.

Gorillaz

How long until they patch Reinhardt dash that can hit people through the doors/walls before the game starts?

Love seeing people's reaction when I take half their health before the game even starts ;)
You shouldn't have told me this one

and I thought putting up an ice wall to block them at the start as a great feeling. They won't like this one yall

hahaha

I mean I'll have rounds where I'm practically begging the team to stay on the held point, while they just all scatter, and the attaching team marches right in. And don't even get me started on tanks that don't tank (speaking of people playing this like it's COD).

Oh yeah I know these situations, even if I write it they do nothing totally mind baffling.

Yeah and people want to maintain a good K/D ratio so bad. There are a lot of situations where suicide by doing something for your team is a good option.

Indeed one of the reason I am not playing with randoms anymore, way to frustrating.

KLoWn

if she kills you so fast, you are doing something wrong
sorry
. what class are you usually playing?
Whatever is needed at that point in the game.

Zarya is amazing against her, her shield nullify the frozen state, no matter if it's her cryogun or ult. She's really efficient against Mei imo.
Mcree shits on her. If she is close enough to ice spray you, you are close enough to stun her and kill her.
Go McCree. Can pick her off from a distance and flashbang her if she gets close.
I've hardly played any of these two, but I guess I'll have to start.

Just don't fight her in a cramped hallway and you're golden.
Or on a control point on which I have to stand.

npanciroli

Neo Member
I find on PC lots of people playing Tank or Support. Only once or twice have I had to tell someone to take one so I can take the other.

SDCowboy

Whatever is needed at that point in the game.

I've hardly played any of these two, but I guess I'll have to start.

Or on a control point on which I have to stand.

Yeah some heroes are meant to counter other heroes. The heroes in this are very yin and yang. If you are getting destroyed by a certain class, they aren't OP or no skill. They probably just counter what you play.

R0ckman

You know your team sucks when they let a Bastion set up shop in king of the hill. Unfortunately I wasnt in the mood to choose more critical character, after a while you just stop caring.

DrArchon

Just played a match against a team of 6 Symmetras. It was fucking stupid, but I got two achievements for it so I can't complain. Got PotG for clearing something like 10 turrets in a single tiny room and then getting a triple kill.

Got an epic skin for Winston in a loot box too. Wish it was a legendary one because his legendaries are fantastic, but I'll take what I can get. He's tough to use though. I feel like his normal attack just does no damage, but I love his ult for clearing people off of objectives. Not sure how I feel about his bubble shield.

I pretty much just jump to one of the highest perches on the main choke point on a map and wait for the train of enemies that follow, its pretty much death from above at that point. Also while you jump up tap your boost button instead of holding it down so you kind of glide. By the time you land your super jump should be almost ready to go.
You mean Reinhardt? Pharah is also one of.my favorite chars.
Yes sir him. If he has his shield up and is fighting other people he has to make the choice of blocking your rockets or taking the beating on the ground from your teammates. Its a no win situation for him.

KLoWn

If you are getting destroyed by a certain class, they aren't OP or no skill. They probably just counter what you play.
I agree with what you're saying except for this, and even though I don't think they're OP, I think both her and Bastion are too strong for the level of skill needed to play them, especially Bastion.
BUT, as someone who regularly reads this thread I know people are going to disagree and shout "Git gud" etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom