• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I guess the real difference is that some people just don't find dying to certain abilities fun. I don't mind Roadhog's Hook because of all the ways I can play with it before it comes out (I am pretty good at baiting hooks with Tracer) and once you get passed that, he's just an ult battery that is mostly, though not entirely, helpless against large portion of the cast. But I'm one of those wierdo's that sees nothing wrong with Hanzo's scattershot either (If it was half as effortless as people say, pro's would be using it to get easy one hit kills, not Widowmaker).

On the other hand, I find Soldier to be a very unfun hero to die. He shoots at you out of the range of most heroes, but he's hard to dive since he has infinite sprint and a heal station. He might not be that big a deal on PC, but he felt (and to some extent still does) oppressive on consoles.

L2 for jump is a universal change that, at this point, I applied to every character, and assigned the least aim intensive ability to the X button. It's not as useful on some characters as on others, but it just FEELS better to be able to jump without disengaging your aim.

Lucio and Genji benefit the most from it, but it helps with everyone. It's turned McCree and Junkrat from characters that feel awkward to play to ones that feel much more smooth. I honestly feel I can enjoy playing every character now, when there were some with whom I just wasn't having it.

Also, I land WAY more of Tracer's pulse bombs than I did now that I bound it to R1, and I don't miss a step by assigning Rewind to X. It's great.

I actually have no problem with 'Hog or Hanzo, or anyone really. Balance away, Blizz. Doomfist looks like a high-skill level hero, so I'm not worried yet.

I moved L2 to jump on everyone also, but Lucio is the one character who changed completely in my eyes once the change was done. Maybe changing DVa's bonk to R1? Yeah, probably not.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
actually you do see sym and torb a few times (but not alot) at the professional level. Lunatic hai has used sym and torb randomly before (situationally).

you never see Mei much in higher tiers, but meta athena and lunatic hai have used Mei before in a couple situations.

I think there's a good case for a slight Mei buff. She doesn't seem all that popular or strong in any situation or rank.

I did happen to see a Mei on anubis in the short time I watched Contenders for whatever reason, but I doubt that's enough to say she's strong enough.

LiK

Currently uploading our match.

I'm only now noticing that I'm on a 9 or 10 win streak, no wonder I was getting so much SR.

That game was intense but we did have a Hanzo and Hog in the first rounds lol

I really like having you on Zen.

We have to take advantage while we can... doom days are coming.

Yea, thanks. Zen has been doing well for me with this crazy season. He just surpassed my Soldier playing time for this season now. Randoms keep picking DPS so it's been good for me to stick with Zen as Support.

I'm glad those randoms swapped. Roadhog sucks. I'm glad the other guy switched to Mei. She totally disrupted the enemy team.

I was rolling with the Owzers is bad meme, totally sarcastic. :p

You're not really bad though Owzers, I don't care what that Mercy did to you.

Haha, poor Owzers.

Currently uploading our match.

Nice, can't wait to see Owzers feed in that last fight.

Yea, thanks. Zen has been doing well for me with this crazy season. He just surpassed my Soldier playing time for this season now. Randoms keep picking DPS so it's been good for me to stick with Zen as Support.

Yeah I know the feeling. I only pick healer when we play as a group, otherwise I instalock S76 or Tracer, switching to Pharah if they don't have counters or if the map is in my favor. Not expecting any heals when soloq, always go for the health packs. The only way I can have fun with this game anymore, couldn't care less about winning or losing.

Ellite25

Has anyone else been getting a lot more disconnects lately? I used to hardly get any but recently it’s been happening once every couple hours or so. My internet seems to be working fine with every other device so I’m not sure what’s going on. Probably have lost 100+ SR points because of it.

I killed a Rein by accident in that Oasis game, I didn't really noticed while playing (only saw the skull pop) but after seeing my highlight apparently when I was aiming at a Reaper I booped a charging Rein that was passing by into the water lmao poor guy, that was the most random kill ever.

Has anyone else been getting a lot more disconnects lately? I used to hardly get any but recently it’s been happening once every couple hours or so. My internet seems to be working fine with every other device so I’m not sure what’s going on. Probably have lost 100+ SR points because of it.

When the anniversary event was still going I was getting a LOT of disconnects, like 3-4 per session.

Didn't have any problems lately though.

LiK

no disconnects here aside from that one time two weeks ago cuz Comcast resetted something. Rejoined with no problems. I play wired.

Veelk

Banned
I actually have no problem with 'Hog or Hanzo, or anyone really. Balance away, Blizz. Doomfist looks like a high-skill level hero, so I'm not worried yet.

I don't see any game breaking imbalances either, but in regards to Hog's hook, it seemed that it was about whats fun, not whether it's balanced. Hook was very well balanced imo. But people didn't think it was fun to be hooked and killed, so now we have a Hog that tries to tickle people to death with his feather gun.

I moved L2 to jump on everyone also, but Lucio is the one character who changed completely in my eyes once the change was done. Maybe changing DVa's bonk to R1? Yeah, probably not.

Her bonk? You mean her boosters? Aren't they bound to L1 by default?

I think there's a good case for a slight Mei buff. She doesn't seem all that popular or strong in any situation or rank.

I did happen to see a Mei on anubis in the short time I watched Contenders for whatever reason, but I doubt that's enough to say she's strong enough.

do you know how much people use to cry about mei being OP? if she gets buffed, all those cries and tears will come back.

Owzers

Roadhog was thinking about changing and I told him the time for thinking was over :p, sabotage. We had killed two people and my desire to take the point got in the way of encouraging change, we still lost that round.

MCD

Don't need to be the best Tracer. Just learn the way she moves and she becomes a lot more predictable.

Yeah. And or you can always go Winston and fuck both Tracer and Genji plus healers!

Or go Mei and headshot her face.

Veelk

Banned
Playing solo q still has me getting salty over Soldier. He's not as bad as he used to be, but I still think he's overpowered, and I still see him way more often than I want to.

He's not that bad in Comp, but that's more because at this point, I think everyone's been trained that if they leave soldier alone, he's going to wreck the team, so they focus on him. He's still the best DPS in the game on console and in QP where there's less coordination and a good player is allowed to run wild with him, it's such bullshit how he can just instantly heal himself or sprint away no matter what.

But at this point, I know he's not going to get nerfed further than he is now because he's balanced on PC, so who gives a shit about console players. I don't think I'm ever going to get over my dislike of him because he has such an obnoxious playstyle. He's able to fire down on your from a longer distance away than most characters in the game, but with no drawback. He's not nearly as divable as he ought to be because he has two highly useful escape options with sprint and healing. As a result, he's just this asshole that has a subtle but tangible edge over every other hero in the game and no one on the balancing team cares.

Yeah. And or you can always go Winston and fuck both Tracer and Genji plus healers!

Or go Mei and headshot her face.

Mei is a weird counter for Tracer. Sometimes she works but more often then not Tracer has at least one or two good blinks. Winston is agile enough with enough range to counter those blinks though.

But yeah, one good icicle from mei fucks tracer lol

Running out of time to push the payload when we are one metre away from the goal = epic meltdown.

All the time being useless until finally somebody picks a tank and we star grouping up. "Please pick a tank plz" is the new "please be healer". Can't do two things, unless the next hero after Anal Doomfisting happens to be a healing tank or something.

I'm noticing that even quickplay the number of Winston sightings keeps increasing too. It's actually quite fun to play, although I always end in a "monkey fight" with the other one. Just that he had a healer behind and I didn't.

Goal of the day should be to learn when is ok to use Lucio's boost...

Level 18. If anybody wants to quickplay on EU during the weekend, I'm apsharas#2351 (and considering changing the battletag)

MCD

Mei is a weird counter for Tracer. Sometimes she works but more often then not Tracer has at least one or two good blinks. Winston is agile enough with enough range to counter those blinks though.

But yeah, one good icicle from mei fucks tracer lol

As a Tracer main you don't know how much I hate her fucking headshots.

Ramirez

Roadhog was thinking about changing and I told him the time for thinking was over :p, sabotage. We had killed two people and my desire to take the point got in the way of encouraging change, we still lost that round.

I mean that game was picture perfect of how my season has went until they switched.

"Oh, you're about to hit Master? Here's a Hanzo main and a Roadhog, enjoy."

That was my first time using Reaper in like 2-3 seasons I think, he's pretty good now.

LiK

I mean that game was picture perfect of how my season has went until they switched.

"Oh, you're about to hit Master? Here's a Hanzo main and a Roadhog, enjoy."

That was my first time using Reaper in like 2-3 seasons I think, he's pretty good now.

He's def one of the best DPS for KOTH now. You can last so much longer with his buff in the team fights.

If there's a badass Tracer Mei is my goto for sure. I just hold down L the entire game at Tracers head height. You kill her when you try to and even when you don't with this tactic, it's pretty awesome. Tracer can't really fuck with a Mei short of ulting. It's a really fun counter when it's working.

Veelk

Banned
Widow with a controller is still the biggest joke in the game.

I'm not saying buff her anymore, because there are enough M/KB users on console to make actual use of her. I don't blame the players in this case, since blizzard refuses to make her useful, but I decided to give her a few games and you still die the moment any character so much as looks at you.

Mei doesn't counter Tracer. Sure you can hit a headshot every now and then, but it's pretty clear who has the advantage here.

Same to Winston, a single blink will put you out of his weapon's range.

By themselves those characters will never counter Tracer.

Veelk

Banned
Mei doesn't counter Tracer. Sure you can hit a headshot every now and then, but it's pretty clear who has the advantage here.

Same to Winston, a single blink will put you out of his weapon's range.

By themselves those characters will never counter Tracer.

No one really counters tracer. Junkrat's Trap sorta does, but it's attacked to Junkrat, who sucks balls against Tracer other than his trap. Roadhog's hook sorta did, but that's gone now and even then it was dependent on the hog landing the hook. And maybe Sombra, since Tracer relies on her abilities more than most.

But when you get down to it, it's hard to even conceive what a counter to "Disappears and regains health" and "Teleports away" can possibly be.

LiK

The only counters are probably Junk trap or McCree stun. Basically anything that halts her momentum. Every other attack is keep away.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No one really counters tracer. Junkrat's Trap sorta does, but it's attacked to Junkrat, who sucks balls against Tracer other than his trap. Roadhog's hook sorta did, but that's gone now and even then it was dependent on the hog landing the hook. And maybe Sombra, since Tracer relies on her abilities more than most.

But when you get down to it, it's hard to even conceive what a counter to "Disappears and regains health" and "Teleports away" can possibly be.

The only benefit Nu-Roadhog has is that he is genuinely better vs. Tracer due to his speedy shots.

But then you have to have Roadhog on your team so you're going to lose.

Roadhog was my favorite pick to counter her, shame about the nerf. You can still one-shot her but since he's not as viable as before I won't pick him just for that purpose.

My Icicles have a special homing ability to Tracers head. So there.

I want that ability!

My fucking game came with the "gets caught in every single Junkrat trap when playing Tracer" perk.

The only counters are probably Junk trap or McCree stun. Basically anything that halts her momentum. Every other attack is keep away.

The McCrees I face are usually extremely easy to bait (just blink near them and then backwards and they will use the flashbang every time), I have more problems when they are a good shot which doesn't really happen for the most part at the rank I'm at.

Junkrat can be extremely annoying if he's not out in the open.

The best I guess is another Tracer. As long as you are better of course.

Yeah Tracer vs Tracer battles can be pretty fun.

Lol, I give up today. Yesterday was so good and today was ass. 24-12 yesterday, today I'm 30-21. 2800-3000 is the most toxic shit I've seen. You get a bunch of Diamond players that are like 2600 and they don't fucking care, so many Junkrat, Widow, and Torb. You lose one team fight and people start bitching about players throwing and shit. Now I remember why I stopped playing comp. I'm still in the 2800s though, so maybe tomorrow.

Sande

But I'm one of those wierdo's that sees nothing wrong with Hanzo's scattershot either (If it was half as effortless as people say, pro's would be using it to get easy one hit kills, not Widowmaker).
Scattershot's randomness and inconsistency might make him less viable, but in a way it makes it even more frustrating to die to.

It's just a terrible ability that needs a rework regardless of how good or bad Hanzo happens to be at the time. Hook is the same imo, but Blizzard just decided to nerf everything around the hook to the point where hook isn't a free one shot anymore.

I think Roadhog would have been fine if they went all the way with the hook bouncing off walls (not the current situation where you have to be something like 95% behind cover) and maaaybe slowed it down a bit or reduced the hitbox.

benzopil

Getting more & more frustrated playing Lucio on KOTH maps and people asking for heals on the other side of the map.

Heals on point!

Sounds good in theory, but there are so many one tricks.
nobody cares about one tricks

they ruin the game for us, let's ruin the game for them

Yeah Tracer vs Tracer battles can be pretty fun.

Yuk. It's like a slap fight. To me they're anti counters. Tracer is best when blinking moving in a straight line unloading her clip at a target, blinking, rinse and repeat. You don't get a chance to unload against another Tracer unless they wasted their blinks, so it's a pointless one on one fight.

PLEASE LET ME PLAY GENJI
I WANT TO BE GENJI
IM A BETTER GENJI THAN YOU
U ARE A FUCKING NOOB
U FUCKING KID

A bit like this for the last two matches. And despite that we fared pretty well. It's sad that the best players are the most angsty and whiny.

Everyone was Diamond or high Plat, but one of our teammates was duoing with a Gold. We are getting stomped and this Gold was noticeably not helping at all. The guy ask if one of the healers could switch because the Gold is a Mercy main…

Like fucking really. I’m like whatever and I switched to D.Va so he could play Mercy. He still fucking sucked. After the game I look at the Gold’s stats, FUCKING 645 last season.

Top Bottom