• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Playing low gold comp matches with The_Decide.

Just had a game where we successfully defended point 2 of Horizon for like 6 minutes with no healer.

Had another game earlier where we took point one of Hanamura in the first minute and our team spent the rest of the round refusing to group up and constantly switching heroes.

4 DPS, 1 tank, 1 healer seems to be the prefered comp when you match with a 4 stack who instalock 3 DPS and a tank.

We won more than we lost and had a couple fun 0-2 comebacks on KOTH maps so overall it was a good night.

Shit was truly twilight zone bro.

Gold is such a random clusterfuck, but that horizon game was legit unbelievable.

6+ minutes of holding with zero heals, unheard of.

Veelk

Banned
Question: So characters like Mercy and Sombra, because of the way they work, mean you gain max SR on wins and lose minimum SR on losses because of how they're rated.

Do we have any data on other characters which are good to climb with? How about Genji? If I'm good with him, does that mean I'd climb faster or slower?

Well I just saw the scummiest thing ever. On Illios we steamrolled the other team and took the point, we probably had like 10-15% on the timer when a two stack on the other team leaves to cancel the match, then with about 5-7 seconds left one of them rejoins to avoid getting his penalty.

I really hate this game some nights. Of course after I finally get requeue'd I get thrown into a Diamond level match about 300 SR below me with some Placements.

Matches should be uncancellable after someone grabs the point for real....

Blues1990

France VS. Argentina is up next. I'm wondering how the audience is going to react, as they were pretty silent when Norway made some excellent plays.

I saw a bit of Argentina - France before. Is that shaking on one of the D'va players some kind of new tactic or they are high as hell on something?

Veelk

Banned
I saw a bit of Argentina - France before. Is that shaking on one of the D'va players some kind of new tactic or they are high as hell on something?

It gives a wider spread, apparently, though I'm not sure why you'd want that instead of tracking the enemy.

PatjuhR

Nice, well done. It seems easier now.

I got it a few weeks back after I didn't play for a while. It seems like it also counts your own kills now.

LiK

I won't be able to play Overwatch for a week, so let's see how hard that SR decay hits.

Good, you can play with me again soon.

Nice, well done. It seems easier now.

I got it a few weeks back after I didn't play for a while. It seems like it also counts your own kills now.

Every time I almost get it, the only 4th guy is some fatass tank with full health. It's happened a few times in Comp and QP. Annoying.

antitrop

Does discord need be on the enemy as they die or can you just get damage with it on then switch target (the first dying after it was removed).

They only have to take damage while the Discord Orb is on them for it to count as an Assist, the Orb doesn't have to be on them when they die.

LiK

That's how I got it. It was just luck. Took me dozens of hours of playing Zen with 99th percentile Offensive Assists on Overbuff.

I almost got it a few times from actual kills but like I said before here, the 4th guy was always some fatass tank with full health and I lose it from time, lol. I'm a way better Zen this season now. You would be proud.

in other news. i'm like 90 wins (without the season end credits) away from golden zen balls. then i have to save up for ana.
i put in more hours this season than past seasons combined lol.

tanks ruin everything lol. Most of my trophies would be so easy if tanks didnt exist.

I wish theyd just rework trophies

Sym teleport should count shield generator, for example.

That discord trophy is just pure luck of getting poor opponents, which wont happen on a ranked game

MCD

I had an Elite controller for the longest time but never used the paddles for anything till today.

Lucio's jumping is soooooo much better with the upper left paddle it's not even funny. Game changer.

Might try using paddles for Tracer and see if it's better than RB/LB.

Lmao, during a match I got like 5 kills in a row as Tracer even though I couldn't see shit and was in a Zarya Grav cause all I did was keep firing where I thought ppl were.

Mr Git

I had an Elite controller for the longest time but never used the paddles for anything till today.

Lucio's jumping is soooooo much better with the upper left paddle it's not even funny. Game changer.

Might try using paddles for Tracer and see if it's better than RB/LB.

I'd love one of these or similar for ps4 - just one or two extra (non face) buttons is what I desperately need. Very much looking forward to playing on PC once I've eventually upgraded for the mouse but also all the sweet extraneous buttons

antitrop

Lmao, during a match I got like 5 kills in a row as Tracer even though I couldn't see shit and was in a Zarya Grav cause all I did was keep firing where I thought ppl were.

The targeting reticle for Discord Orb is useful to Zen for this very reason. Sometimes it's the only way I know what I'm aiming at through all the effects going off on screen.

Joined a group of two randoms in ranked after a decent win, won like 3 in a row, then the other pugs wanted to join for a stack of 6, nope, I am outta here.

randome

Losing in this game sucks so bad. I just had a symmetra put a shield gen ON POINT A at Hollywood. On the point right by the car! Fml.

Blues1990

On the Horizon Lunar Colony map, where are the space suits (that we're shown in the trailer)? For some reason, I could never seem to find them.

Top Bottom