• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

exYle

ZARYA BUFF
ZARYA BUFF

nyaa ~

Fuck why am I top of the page

finalflame

Zarya buff is interesting. Blizzo giveth, just hope they do not taketh away from Zarya any time soon. It definitely makes grav FAR more lethal.

Stoked.

Now that Skyline seems to be done posting videos are there any OW YouTube channels that don't do clickbait shit?

I don't want to support any channels leading with HUGE DOOMFIST NERF?! DOOMFIST CHANGES EVERYTHIG! RIP DOOMFIST? etc etc

Skyline isn't done making Overwatch videos, he just made two videos about Doomfist.

In those videos he said that he was really busy with his personal life or something and made a joke about his long absence. I don't think he would have done that if he was done making videos.

EDIT - His Twitter is still active with Overwatch content and apparently he's casting some Overwatch stuff in Atlanta next week. He's not done, thankfully.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf, been playing mercy and when I lose I lose way less SR. When I win I gain way more SR. Usually I flex. Why?

Sombra and Ana is similar.

Sym and torb is the exact opposite despite the weird belief that they're benifited by the sr system.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I got to Master in SC2 and then uninstalled the game. Getting to Master in SC2 is a more difficult feat than getting to GM in Overwatch, though.

Master is quite the feat too.

Wierdly low plat is my best for both SC2 and OW myself, and I would also agree it took a lot more work and stress to get plat in SC2 1v1, despite or because of OW being team dependent.

I guess OW NA is lucky that both lag and language is too big of a barrier for there to be mass Korean accounts in NA, while language is nothing and lag is not too big of a problem in SC2.

Nazo

I cannot believe there are people who still put teleporters all the way back in the front of enemy spawns as Sym.

Like, just fucking WHY?

Mr Git

Haha, I see that now. Still love them.

I meant those skins look better than the Thundercats :p I'm likin' em!

I cannot believe there are people who still put teleporters all the way back in the front of enemy spawns as Sym.

Like, just fucking WHY?

I hate this. They found a way to be a grade A thundercunt and stuck to it. They're in the same boat as Meis who ice wall your team inside the spawn. I had a Sym once plant a teleporter over a ledge so anyone going through just fell to their death. LOL! What bants.

Mr Git

I've only just started playing Zarya but hers and Mcree's changes do seem very unnecessary - and that's coming from someone who planted a graviton yesterday only to have all 3 of them flee from its centre. Noticed previous page has a lot of discussion on scatter arrow - I have to admit it's probably the only thing in the game I consider to be high tier bullshit. I'm not sure how they'd make it less so. Although a longer cooldown would help, what is it now 6 seconds? That's basically a pulse bomb in the time it takes to sneeze twice.

Nepenthe

My graphics card crashed on me during comp while I was Lucio. Once everything was back up and running, I jumped in again as Mercy (someone took my Lucio).

Regardless, we still lost.

I'm down into the 1800s, which is kinda disgusting considering my season high of 2100.

And since the crash apparently counts as an early leave, I'm suspended for an hour and a half before returning to comp.

Why did I try jumping back in comp again? ;~;

finalflame

I really just had the fucking worst solo queue game of my life. First game of the night. No idea why I even try solo queuing during dinner hours in the summer. Competitive solo queue is so fucking trash currently. It has legit taken the fucking life out of me and demolished all my fucking desire to play. Blizzard needs to have a fucking answer to the trash that is solo queue.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got matched with some racist idiot who decides that he can leave now that the match has been under way for a while and the game won't get cancelled. The best kind of thrower!

Blizzard please remove Widow from PS4 competitive. You know whats up.

I'm never going to get comp luck. It's not happening. I don't have the patience (or time) for the long game.

OW comp is why I'm never going to Vegas.

Level 25 at last. And...

"You are not ready"

So while I can do a bit of tanking and support, I absolutely can't play offense. Not only I haven't played against other humans since high school, but years of single player modern fps have gotten me so used to regenerating health and shields, aim assist and dumb ai that I am completely useless at the frontline. I can't aim, I'm slow, and I fail to retreat properly.

I wanted to try comp and see if people worried more about team play, but I am not flexible enough to play all roles. Not to mention that even if I found people to play regularly with, I would be the load and dragging them.

Overall, I am a one trick pony. Mercy, Lucio and D'va is all I can play. I tried Tracer, but mentally I am too slow for a character so fast and with minimal health. TS like trying to drive at 300km/h.

MCD

Level 25 at last. And...

"You are not ready"

So while I can do a bit of tanking and support, I absolutely can't play offense. Not only I haven't played against other humans since high school, but years of single player modern fps have gotten me so used to regenerating health and shields, aim assist and dumb ai that I am completely useless at the frontline. I can't aim, I'm slow, and I fail to retreat properly.

I wanted to try comp and see if people worried more about team play, but I am not flexible enough to play all roles. Not to mention that even if I found people to play regularly with, I would be the load and dragging them.

Overall, I am a one trick pony. Mercy, Lucio and D'va is all I can play. I tried Tracer, but mentally I am too slow for a character so fast and with minimal health. TS like trying to drive at 300km/h.

What's wrong with being a one trick pony? Play to your strengths! Don't be so down on your self.

You will do better with time. Maybe you are not a god Tracer or Soldier but you could be a god Mercy or Zen! Heck you could be a god Tank character since their play style is on the slow side.

So yeah. Keep on playing and remember: have fun. You will get better at this game if you are having fun.

Veelk

Banned
People who played Doomfist on the PTR: Can you tell me how you feel about his ultimate? It seems like it'd be....not overpowered, but definitely unfair in how there's no way to counter Meteor Strike in any way. Doomfists flies into the sky where no one can hit him, he's able to fly through physical barriers like the ceilings and even if you stick a tracer bomb on him he's immune to damage, so there's literally nothing you can do to him. Yet he still benefits from healing and if he's inside the control point, it counts as him contesting. It's also pretty fast, so you can actually use it for mobility to get to a point you want to go since you can bypass physical obstacles. At the very least, I feel there should me a maximum area in which Doomfist can go instead of being able to fly around the map from great distances.

I don't think these things are gamebreaking, but I don't know how I feel about an ult that I literally cannot stop no matter what. No other Ult effectively immortalizes you except for Zenyatta's (which is the entire point of him), and the precision and damage it allows makes it feel like he should.

Samaritan

People who played Doomfist on the PTR: Can you tell me how you feel about his ultimate? It seems like it'd be....not overpowered, but definitely unfair in how there's no way to counter Meteor Strike in any way. Doomfists flies into the sky where no one can hit him, he's able to fly through physical barriers like the ceilings and even if you stick a tracer bomb on him he's immune to damage, so there's literally nothing you can do to him. Yet he still benefits from healing and if he's inside the control point, it counts as him contesting. It's also pretty fast, so you can actually use it for mobility to get to a point you want to go since you can bypass physical obstacles. At the very least, I feel there should me a maximum area in which Doomfist can go instead of being able to fly around the map from great distances.

I don't think these things are gamebreaking, but I don't know how I feel about an ult that I literally cannot stop no matter what. No other Ult effectively immortalizes you except for Zenyatta's (which is the entire point of him), and the precision and damage it allows makes it feel like he should.

It's really not much different than D.Va's ult in that there's no way to stop it from doing its thing, you just have to GTFO. It's not difficult to get out of the way of it if you're staying alert, and even if you don't make it all the way out, it does significantly less damage on the edge of the radius than the center. It's an ult that seems far more powerful than it actually is.

Veelk

Banned
It's really not much different than D.Va's ult in that there's no way to stop it from doing its thing, you just have to GTFO. It's not difficult to get out of the way of it if you're staying alert, and even if you don't make it all the way out, it does significantly less damage on the edge of the radius than the center. It's an ult that seems far more powerful than it actually is.

I feel like that shouldn't be the case, since you can track D.Va's ult far, far more easily (Hell, you even get a warning on your screen letting you know it's position through walls). Meanwhile Doomfist's target is only painted once he marks the landing destination.

Not that I don't believe you. There are a lot of abilities/characters that read more powerful on paper than they are in practice, so it might be how you say. It's just seems kinda crazy to me.

Samaritan

I feel like that shouldn't be the case, since you can track D.Va's ult far, far more easily (Hell, you even get a warning on your screen letting you know it's position through walls). Meanwhile Doomfist's target is only painted once he marks the landing destination.

Not that I don't believe you. There are a lot of abilities/characters that read more powerful on paper than they are in practice, so it might be how you say. It's just seems kinda crazy to me.

I had exactly the same reaction to it that you did when I saw it on paper. But after playing around in the PTR for a few hours now, I'm almost always able to get out of its radius. This could just be due to players not knowing when best to use it, but my opinion of it has changed greatly upon actually playing around with it.

jviggy43

I've only just started playing Zarya but hers and Mcree's changes do seem very unnecessary - and that's coming from someone who planted a graviton yesterday only to have all 3 of them flee from its centre. Noticed previous page has a lot of discussion on scatter arrow - I have to admit it's probably the only thing in the game I consider to be high tier bullshit. I'm not sure how they'd make it less so. Although a longer cooldown would help, what is it now 6 seconds? That's basically a pulse bomb in the time it takes to sneeze twice.
It is the only thing in the game that's that level of bullshit. It shouldn't kill one shot; it should take down to maybe 10 hp so they at least have to snag you with one more shot before getting the kill. It's also incredibly easy to hit too. Like I was making a video with hanzo (I have like less than 2 hours on him) and I was getting a kill every other scatter arrow. So much easier to hit the ground right around an enemy than to snag the headshot

What's wrong with being a one trick pony? Play to your strengths! Don't be so down on your self.

You will do better with time. Maybe you are not a god Tracer or Soldier but you could be a god Mercy or Zen! Heck you could be a god Tank character since their play style is on the slow side.

So yeah. Keep on playing and remember: have fun. You will get better at this game if you are having fun.

Mercy and Lucio are the only things I have actually improved at, and even like that, it's dependent on getting matched with a decent team. Most of the games I have won have been with Mercy, and lost while playing other roles. Which could mean:

a) If I try to play DPS, I'm crippling the team.

b) If I try to play DPS, there's no healer in the team.

But even if B were true, there's a DPS character who can run and self heal, so a loss because of randoms filling the team with the usual suspects is no excuse for mediocre performance, Also, my brain is so rigged to expect that my health will recharge and that if I run away, enemies will not follow me (almost every single player game with dumb AI), that I am standing like an idiot in front of the enemy emptying the clip.

Then there are the times when by the time you arrive to the point with Mercy you find that the whole team has been annihilated (not paying attention to the kill feed) and you can't escape with nobody to GA to and being one of the slowest runners.

I think I'm going to take a break weekend and reflect on what I am capable of. I've been putting so much time on the game during the last weeks because I wanted to unlock comp that my home is a complete mess (and the fridge is half empty).

Edit: Oh, one last thing. Apparently I am a wrist aimer with excessive in-game mouse sensitivity and that does not seem to help, from what I am told. I am looking at videos on arm aiming, where the elbow rests on the desk and the arm moves in an curve(I was trying to move the whole arm when i was told yesterday), but that seems to cause a lot of skin friction for me. Would using a basketball armband or similar help? It's too hot for wearing sleeves at home.

Top Bottom