• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Veelk

Banned
"Hm. We don't have a healer. Well, maybe if the other team doesn't have one either, we can make it work"

*checks. Enemy team has a healer*

Everytime.

Tawpgun

What do you mean? I think he's more fun with a controller.

I only used him in the arcade mode and practice range. In the quickplay games I played I could never select him. But he was a complete detriment to our team and the other team could not use him effectively either. I think you need a higher sensitivity on consoles to play him since you need to be quick and aiming isn't a big deal. Similar to genji.

LiK

I only used him in the arcade mode and practice range. In the quickplay games I played I could never select him. But he was a complete detriment to our team and the other team could not use him effectively either. I think you need a higher sensitivity on consoles to play him since you need to be quick and aiming isn't a big deal. Similar to genji.

I have him the same as others at 69/69. Feels good. I just need to get used to the nerfs cuz I played him in PTR before they started changing him.

Veelk

Banned

He is also highly mechanically unusual. People are gonna need time to practice him.

Is this in comp?

No, but that shouldn't matter. Games like this simply should not be as aggravatingly common as they are.

BPK

Havent played OW in two months. Can you no longer hook and one shot kill low health heroes like Tradcer with Roadhog?

I have him the same as others at 69/69. Feels good. I just need to get used to the nerfs cuz I played him in PTR before they started changing him.

nice/nice

Havent played OW in two months. Can you no longer hook and one shot kill low health heroes like Tradcer with Roadhog?

Depends on what you mean by "low health" but you can still one shot Tracer.

Veelk

Banned
For real, these cross hairs on Widow are making a bizzare amount of difference in my aim. I am way, way more accurate with them than I was before.

For real, these cross hairs on Widow are making a bizzare amount of difference in my aim. I am way, way more accurate with them than I was before.

Yeah man, custom reticle is awesome.

I agree with LiK about the default tho, I had to go in a set one for every hero I use.

I think tracer is the only one who still gets oneshotted actually? But yeah he got nerfed hard. Funnily enough I played Mystery Heroes for the first time in ages last night and went on a spree with Roadhog, got whole hog twice in the same life!

I think tracer is the only one who still gets oneshotted actually? But yeah he got nerfed hard. Funnily enough I played Mystery Heroes for the first time in ages last night and went on a spree with Roadhog, got whole hog twice in the same life!

I get one shot as McCree by hog still. Well, as long as they melee afterwards.

Yeah you've gotta be able to 180 fast, I've been tweaking it but the default sensitivity for him isn't even close to being good.

Luckily unlike genji you don't need precision aiming as much

Doomfist is not making life easier for Lucio.

Let me boop that fucking rocket punch please, or decrease the giant hit box, that move is very forgiving.
For reaaal.

There's something to be said about how in the same patch that they nerfed the aoe displacement of charge, they added fucking rocket punch.

And his ult still makes him disappear from the map and then teleport looool

Tawpgun

yeah I'm really against how crazy doomfists ult is. I know there's some level of predictability for when you come crashing down but it bugs me you use the ult as a means of escape by teleporting away and placing yourself anywhere around the map.

LiK

yeah I'm really against how crazy doomfists ult is. I know there's some level of predictability for when you come crashing down but it bugs me you use the ult as a means of escape by teleporting away and placing yourself anywhere around the map.

He stays in the sky for too long, imo. I understand they wanna allow time for him to aim but it's a bit too generous.

Nazo

Huh, I just noticed that Blizzard didn't add any Doomfist player icons along side Doomfist. Excluding the gauntlet one but that's been in the game since launch.

Owzers

All this time I thought lowering bubble/orb sensitivity made the targeting more generous....I blame blizzard for not explaining it. Back to 100.

I have no doubt people on console will be able to play Doomfist effectively. But I think like Widowmaker, it's going to require a lot more skill than usual characters.

Yup, Tracer is one of the few heroes Hog can one shot. He can also reliably one shot Zen.

This is something I've been wondering but why is it that Zen is reliably one shot while other similar health heroes aren't? is it to do with his hitbox being wider and soaking up more shotgun or something?

Ramirez

If he uses it to escape, you made him waste it, so...you won.

^ It's definitely his hitbox. Him and Torb always had the juiciest hitboxes in my long RH play time, lol.

Blues1990

It'd be pretty funny if after all this time, Junkrat entered the meta as Roadhog left it.
Even with the buffs McCree & Reaper received, they haven't exactly entered it (yet). It would be a cool turn around that one of the more loathed characters gets some time in the spotlight in the future.

Veelk

Banned
It's hard to get a handle on how good Doomfist is right now. Everyone is too shit with him, and since he's this giant ass mofo, whenever he tries to dive, everyone focus fires on him. I just kicked his ass with D.Va and mechanically he has all he needs to eat D.Va's lunch. If Roadhog still worked, he would utterly delete Doomfist from the game. We're talking Winston->Widowmaker levels of hard counter. I'm still hoping that that's the real reason he got nerfed to oblivion and we're getting old Hog back when the hype is all done.

I just think his immunity and traversal during his ult is just bad design. Every ability should have a counter in some way. Even Zenyatta's transcendence, immune to almost anything, still is vulnerable to movement effects, so a clever Pharah can concussion blast him into a pit.

With Doomfist, there is just nothing. He's just invulnerable and there's no stopping his meteor strike. The best you can do is survive it if your Mei and go into your icicle or Reaper and wraith out, but nothing to actually punish the player for using it at a bad time.

IKizzLE

It's hard to get a handle on how good Doomfist is right now. Everyone is too shit with him, and since he's this giant ass mofo, whenever he tries to dive, everyone focus fires on him. I just kicked his ass with D.Va and mechanically he has all he needs to eat D.Va's lunch. If Roadhog still worked, he would utterly delete Doomfist from the game. We're talking Winston->Widowmaker levels of hard counter. I'm still hoping that that's the real reason he got nerfed to oblivion and we're getting old Hog back when the hype is all done.

I just think his immunity and traversal during his ult is just bad design. Every ability should have a counter in some way. Even Zenyatta's transcendence, immune to almost anything, still is vulnerable to movement effects, so a clever Pharah can concussion blast him into a pit.

With Doomfist, there is just nothing. He's just invulnerable and there's no stopping his meteor strike. The best you can do is survive it if your Mei and go into your icicle or Reaper and wraith out, but nothing to actually punish the player for using it at a bad time.
Doomfists ult isn't even that good. Easy to dodge and highly punishable when he lands. His recovery frames are high enough to reliably Ana sleep dart him consistently.

So yeah it was always 10 seconds.

This flu has my head all kinds of fucked up.
80 hours on him and I don't even know the fuck I'm talkin about lulz.

Mr Git

I'm dying over how people react to the sombra hack when their on doom.

This was brilliant last night, played Sombra more often as knew there'd be a Doomfist in every game. They flail around a lot it's great. I managed to get on him once in QP and was absolute wet shite so switched off. I need to practice a lot as I like him a lot, although my dps pool is already pretty stacked. Also got a potg last night for boost punching a Doomfist and some other shooty stuff with d.va. Felt good.

I'm done with overwatch until a new event is out competitive is absolutely a cluster fuck.

It is.

A few days ago I saw an interview with fankda (nº 1 in europe ps4, pharah main that reached 5000sr) and he was saying that until you reach master you should always try to play with a big stack (ideally 6) because of the lack of communication (language diversity) and the amount of throwers.

I have to agree with this opinion considering what I saw this season. I don't know if the matchmaking is just bad or if there's just too many trolls but I had my biggest win(10)/loss(13) streak this season and besides a good play here or there I felt like most of the games were decided by the matchmaking with a lot of one-sided games.

Top Bottom