• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Salarians

lJW7KHz.jpg
tumblr_inline_nrcj20cHpI1tvqmsw_500.gif

Nimby

Banned
First time playing OW all week. Doomfist can go die. Another character that can take advantage of your shitty QP team not caring about their supports, diving into the backline to assassinate them both.

Yeah, some of the stats for this character are pretty out there. I am happy that we are (potentially) getting more melee-oriented heroes for the game, as Reinhardt, Doomfist, and Genji (Dragonblade) are a lot of fun to use.

Looked at it again and noticed there were more pics...really wish it would be a support if it is real.

Who knows maybe they'll change it like they did with Doomfist, who was initially gonna be a tank.

Also, every new hero has a passive...wish they would give a passive to everyone at this point.

Solo-healing as Zen isn't really any more fun than playing Mercy, though. You have to spend more time micro'ing your Harmony Orb than fragging out, which takes all the fun out of playing Zen.

Yeah, you're right, but I still have more fun than playing Mercy. And sometimes a Mercy or Lucio will join me mid-match when it's obvious things aren't going well, heals-wise.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I used to be willing to go healer in QP.

Now if no one else goes, I want to punish the team.

Eh, do what you want.

Personally, I don't even care that much about team comp in competitive, as long as you adjust your play style to match. Don't need sustain if you just use your 6 dps to kill them all in two seconds. Better than wasting two slots on a tank that doesn't know how to create space and a healer that barely heals anyone.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Because where else are you going to play her? Competitive where she is literally the single greatest liability in the game, moreso than even Roadhog is now?

Widowmaker is utterly broken on consoles and has been for pretty much a year at this point.

We need an unranked mode more than we need literally anything else.

The mystery I want to know is why I always get stuck on the team without a healer. I swear to god, it's a statistical enigma. If there is a game where there is only team has a healer, I'm always on the team without it.

I mean... do YOU switch to healer? It's in your power to solve that enigma. : p

I want the Lucio too, summer games was basically 4 Zarya skins for my haul. It's a great skin but I need more.

Also...Rein wrestling skin or I will be :/
Rein wrestling would be really funny. Seconding that and Roadhog in a bikini or g-string.

Lucio's skin(s) is also dope.

Hasney

I exclusively play mystery heroes these days, but right now it's 2am and I have to work out why I'm only good with Hanso and Widow when I'm 10 beers deep. Carried a team with 25 straight elims earlier. They popped up and then died.

Try that sober and every shot misses.

Blues1990

That's a lot of effort put in if that's fake. It all sounds cool though so I hope it's real.

Only problem is I wish the next like 3 heroes were tanks and healers. Half the heroes in this game are DPS. We only have 4 healers (plus 3 utility heroes that work as support) and really only 4 truly viable tanks.

If another Support Hero is added in the near future, I do hope that variety and more nuanced mechanics are incorporated, rather than just passive healing and buffing/debuffing. Maybe a Support Hero that focuses on crowd control? How about one that focuses on passives that can disrupt or provide, in addition to zone control?

Hoping the Summer Games happens soon... I really want that Mercy skin.

It was the skin I used the most with Mercy (before I got the Valkyrie and Sigrun skins in a free loot box), as it's easily one of the best Epic skins in the game. Hope you get it!

I didn't get McCree's American skin, and I hope for a Canadian Flag Player Icon will be added.

It was the skin I used the most with Mercy (before I got the Valkyrie and Sigrun skins in a free loot box), as it's easily one of the best Epic skins in the game. Hope you get it!

Thank you! I have enough gold for it so it'll be an immediate purchase. Honestly that skin and Cobalt are my favorite skins for her. My favorite legendary is her combat medic one. I just wish you could remove the staff and replace it with the default.

I didn't get McCree's American skin, and I hope for a Canadian Flag Player Icon will be added.

McCree's American skin is best skin IMO.

Don't play comp for days and get matched with throwers again anyway, I love it.
That or leavers... People need to get punished for this crap.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Seriously just had two people doing placements, two plats and a gold on my team vs Diamonds.

blizzard

edit: Very next game a Torb that periodically throws himself off the map on Hanamura.

Hoping the Summer Games happens soon... I really want that Mercy skin.

I want the Lucio too, summer games was basically 4 Zarya skins for my haul. It's a great skin but I need more.

Also...Rein wrestling skin or I will be :/

Pretty sure the skins from last year will be back...need that AmeriCree, it's the only skin for him I don't have.

I got almost 13k coins saved and I'm itching to spend them things.

Blues1990

Thank you! I have enough gold for it so it'll be an immediate purchase. Honestly that skin and Cobalt are my favorite skins for her. My favorite legendary is her combat medic one. I just wish you could remove the staff and replace it with the default.

McCree's American skin is best skin IMO.

Her Combat Medic skin looks awesome, but the sassy voice lines are even better. I wish I could play that PvsE mode, as it had a bunch of great lines.

BLIZZARD GIVE CONSOLE THE REPORT FUNCTION PLEASE

I'M DYING OUT HERE

hqdefault.jpg

Gorillaz

mei fucking neuters doomfist

he really does kinda suck outside of the ohk

I"ve been lucky to get in alot of QP matches and the one thing I realized about doom is he works best when you know what type of fight your about to jump into. In a way I play him like how I play winston at times where I'm looking around before picking a target and making sure I have an exit strategy

I'm starting to lean into the "he is a possible dive counter" team

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'd take old roadhog back as much as I hate him if it means we can delete Pharah instead.

I came back from my OW break refreshed with some good fun games until i hit 3 pharahs in a row that my DPSs refuse to switch to anyone that can actually hit her, causing me to once again play Soldier 76, who I really find boring to play. I'd almost rather play Mercy at this point. When my 3rd most played hero is someone I dislike playing, something is very wrong. McCree and Widow are also choices, but they're no better.

I'm starting to lean into the "he is a possible dive counter" team

I only got to play as him in one real game so far, but every time I tried to initiate fights I got shredded pretty fast. I don't think he's going to be as dive-y as people initially thought, but he's pretty good when other people aren't targeting him, so he might be a semi-flanker.

His ult is super hard to use properly as well, I think I hit like one person in four tries.

Duo with Owzers for a quick comp game, 2 throwers on our team, the type that suicides when the game is starting... nope.

The only reason I still play this game is because of mystery heroes and the usual squad. Anything other than that is trash. Sometimes I do solo comp with team chat off and instalocking self-sufficient characters but even that just doesn't feel fun anymore, it became even worse since hog was nerfed.

Duo with Owzers for a quick comp game, 2 throwers on our team, the type that suicides when the game is starting... nope.

The only reason I still play this game is because of mystery heroes and the usual squad. Anything other than that is trash. Sometimes I do solo comp with team chat off and instalocking self-sufficient characters but even that just doesn't feel fun anymore, it became even worse since hog was nerfed.
Yea at this point I feel like if the squad switched games then I would follow and Overwatch would die for me.

But if I can manage my emotions, which has been easier since coming back, it's still possibly the best game out there to just hang out and shoot the shit with eachother. But still have teamwork and communication matter. Even in QP.

Ramirez

Like...I know this game is huge, but with Destiny 2 about to hit and Blizzard's complete feet dragging on the throwing problem, I can't help but feel the population is about to take a huge hit.

How hard is it to implement a system that auto bans people who suicide 3-4 times in a row across multiple rounds? It's a joke at this point, too much money being made to still be putting up with this on a nightly basis.

Yea at this point I feel like if the squad switched games then I would follow and Overwatch would die for me.

But if I can manage my emotions, which has been easier since coming back, it's still possibly the best game out there to just hang out and shoot the shit with eachother. But still have teamwork and communication matter. Even in QP.

Yeah teamwork makes this game feel a whole lot better.

It's a shame that can't be found on comp unless you have a big stack.

It also sucks that a lot of people doesn't seem to have brains in diamond and below, the game me and Owzers had was the perfect example, payload gets stopped in the hangar phase right after the first checkpoint, enemy team has the higher ground and our team kept going through the two doors in the lower floor serving as target practice for their McCree.

We talked about that on team-chat but they kept doing the same thing. I give up lol

Yeah teamwork makes this game feel a whole lot better.

It's a shame that can't be found on comp unless you have a big stack.

It also sucks that a lot of people doesn't seem to have brains in diamond and below, the game me and Owzers had was the perfect example, payload gets stopped in the hangar phase right after the first checkpoint, enemy team has the higher ground and our team kept going through the two doors in the lower floor serving as target practice for their McCree.

We talked about that on team-chat but they kept doing the same thing. I give up lol
If I go back to comp I really don't think I'll bother with team chat.

maomaoIYP

Like...I know this game is huge, but with Destiny 2 about to hit and Blizzard's complete feet dragging on the throwing problem, I can't help but feel the population is about to take a huge hit.

How hard is it to implement a system that auto bans people who suicide 3-4 times in a row across multiple rounds? It's a joke at this point, too much money being made to still be putting up with this on a nightly basis.
A large majority of the DGAF never moved over to OW. I should think OW should still be ok. I moved over from Destiny but I would never go back to it again.

PUBG on PS4 eventually.
Just sayin'...

Owzers

My power went out for an hour after that game, the world wasn't ready for us to try to team up with Elza for comp.

If I go back to comp I really don't think I'll bother with team chat.

If I'm solo I won't, that's for sure. Focus on my game and whatever happens, happens.

I wish fandoms would listen to my callouts. They wonder what happened when they all get killed by that Symmetra I called two minutes before.

I don't know if Owzers messaged you but we were going to ask if we could join your group after our terrible duo comp experience. He went offline suddenly so we just called it a day.

Don't know if you usually play with the people from here or if you like to play with big stacks though.

My power went out for an hour after that game, the world wasn't ready for us to try to team up with Elza for comp.

That explains it then.

Top Bottom