• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

If I'm solo I won't, that's for sure. Focus on my game and whatever happens, happens.

I don't know if Owzers messaged you but we were going to ask if we could join your group after our terrible duo comp experience. He went offline suddenly so we just called it a day.

Don't know if you usually play with the people from here or if you like to play with big stacks though.
He did. I was with another group. I play with people here every now and then.

As fun as it is to do a reverse sweep from down 0-2, it's still more frustrating that people only decide to switch to characters they can actually play when we're down 0-2 and then suddenly our team doesn't automatically die in every encounter.

I'm with you. The whole scavenge for 15 minutes and then get killed by someone you never even saw seems like the opposite of fun.

Agreed, but it looks like fun when you drop in on a hot zone and win or lose immediately. If you lose, you reload into a new game. If you win, you have gear and you are learning to fight.I kinda like that idea.

exYle

Like...I know this game is huge, but with Destiny 2 about to hit and Blizzard's complete feet dragging on the throwing problem, I can't help but feel the population is about to take a huge hit.

How hard is it to implement a system that auto bans people who suicide 3-4 times in a row across multiple rounds? It's a joke at this point, too much money being made to still be putting up with this on a nightly basis.

Unless Crucible 2.0 is a fucking knockout, I feel like I'll probably bounce back and forth between the two games. But I'll take breaks from OW so I don't hate it

PUBG on PS4 eventually.
Just sayin'...

Ugh. I hate everything about that game and what it heralds for the industry.

I saw Seagull streaming that PUBG game, and while I can understand that the concept is very enticing, the game looks incredibly boring due to the constant item management. The animations are also very stiff. I think the game is way to different to have a direct impact on OW.

Unless Crucible 2.0 is a fucking knockout, I feel like I'll probably bounce back and forth between the two games. But I'll take breaks from OW so I don't hate it

Ugh. I hate everything about that game and what it heralds for the industry.

But why? It's fun to watch, it's fun to play. What are you worried about? I'm really confused here.

I saw Seagull streaming that PUBG game, and while I can understand that the concept is very enticing, the game looks incredibly boring due to the constant item management. The animations are also very stiff. I think the game is way to different to have a direct impact on OW.

It looks fun to me. More importantly, a lot of OW streamers are spending more and more time playing it. And I spend more time watching Anthony Kongpham (one of the best PUBG players out there) than I do watching Zen OW streamers, which would have been unbelievable even a month ago.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Funny thing is, what sets that game apart from its counterparts is the relative lack of item management.

I'm with you. The whole scavenge for 15 minutes and then get killed by someone you never even saw seems like the opposite of fun.

Of course that's boring, but beating someone to death with your fists as he tries to salvage and reload the gun he found in the first minute is amazing, as is stealthing up on some fools 5-10 minutes into the game to freak them out, kill them, and get all their sweet loot. I feel like I'm roleplaying a horror movie villain whenever assaulting the house of a cowardly camper.

I do admit the late game is rarely ever fun, even when you do win. So much circle RNG and dumb guessing games about which trees everyone else is hiding behind. Maybe FPS only queues will help that, I don't know.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I"ve been lucky to get in alot of QP matches and the one thing I realized about doom is he works best when you know what type of fight your about to jump into. In a way I play him like how I play winston at times where I'm looking around before picking a target and making sure I have an exit strategy

I'm starting to lean into the "he is a possible dive counter" team

There are teams around if we should call doomfist a dive counter?

I thought that was just fact.

About 1 50min till Apex S3 finals

KONGDOO PANTHERA VS LUNATIC HAI.

They both have 1 win and 1 loss to each other this season.

Winner is basically the kr team right now
��

Owzers, they were thinking of you!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6q895u/reinhardt_can_no_longer_charge_through_breakable/

Have to remember to not destroy the railings before the game starts.

eh, hope that's not intentional and just Rein being more busted again, cause it's silly

About 1 50min till Apex S3 finals

KONGDOO PANTHERA VS LUNATIC HAI.

They both have 1 win and 1 loss to each other this season.

Winner is basically the kr team right now
��

yup, excited <grabs popcorn>

Cappa

Banned
It is.

A few days ago I saw an interview with fankda (nº 1 in europe ps4, pharah main that reached 5000sr) and he was saying that until you reach master you should always try to play with a big stack (ideally 6) because of the lack of communication (language diversity) and the amount of throwers.

I have to agree with this opinion considering what I saw this season. I don't know if the matchmaking is just bad or if there's just too many trolls but I had my biggest win(10)/loss(13) streak this season and besides a good play here or there I felt like most of the games were decided by the matchmaking with a lot of one-sided games.
This is probably it but besides you everyone in gaf around my rank is in the US so hard to group up :(

Also maybe we should give Fortnite on PS4 a shot? Ramírez seems to say good thing about it.

Veelk

Banned
Jesus, Apex is killing me with these breaks. We got a half hour devoted to random bs,1 5-10 minute KotH match, and now another 20 minutes before the next match up.

Veelk

Banned
What the hell was that?

If you're gonna cheese with a Torb-Orisa combo, you do it from the goddamn high ground. Why were they downstairs?

Veelk

Banned
They should have gone all the way with the cheese.

Torbjorn and Symmetra setting up turrets death trap. Orisa provides shields. Bastion providing suppression fire. Mercy damage boosting Bastion, Zenyatta discording enemy.

Sombra would utterly destroy them, but it'd be fun to see them struggling until then

Reaper is one of my favorite characters on Anubis attack, happy to see him here. What a beast.

This is probably it but besides you everyone in gaf around my rank is in the US so hard to group up :(

Also maybe we should give Fortnite on PS4 a shot? Ramírez seems to say good thing about it.

Change your sleeping schedule :p

Team full of ults, lose the team fight.

Ryujehong switch to reaper, cap the point without ults.

Nerf reaper ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Gido completely overextended there after that great pulse bomb, they had a chance of stopping them on the first point. I'm not sure if he made it back in time in that fight.

Now they are just being steamrolled lol

Gido needs to go back on the bench. he's been their weakest player this whole post-season.

imagine if Birdring or Effect was on lunatic hai instead of Gido...

images

HMD

Do win streaks mean nothing in comp anymore? I was on my 8th or 9th win and I was getting 22 SR every single game.

Gamerdude99

Neo Member
So, I just started playing this game again after two years.. and I am super disappointed ranking is still not based on your individual contribution in a match :/

Both teams are so good that even 2cp maps seem great.

Do win streaks mean nothing in comp anymore? I was on my 8th or 9th win and I was getting 22 SR every single game.

I was gaining ~50 SR around that point. Still way lower compared to the previous seasons.

Top Bottom