• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Gorillaz

Honestly why the hell did they do elim doom and not no limits doomfist

Yea there is a browser listing but nobody trying to go through a server listing of people doing hide and seek games and shit to find an actual legit no limits server with no stupid cooldowns.

xCobalt

I don't get the criticisms against one-shot abilities despite the massive outcry when Roadhog got nerfed. I'm generalizing things a bit but it seems the complaints weren't nearly as common ~6 months ago.

LiK

Honestly why the hell did they do elim doom and not no limits doomfist

Yea there is a browser listing but nobody trying to go through a server listing of people doing hide and seek games and shit to find an actual legit no limits server with no stupid cooldowns.

Yea, they had no limits for Doomfist on PTR. I dunno why they force people into Elims. Harder to practice.

lol

I liked the session a lot even though it ended up 2-3, since all of us play the game around the same hour we should start doing this more often.

We fucked up King's Row defense and Eichenwalde attack (though it was the random that switched, rip thirst) with our team compositions, but we will improve this stuff in the future. Game is much more fun like this.

Also they said that the Zarya ult would function like the junkrat trap but that's not true, Reaper (wraith form) and Mercy (rez) can still get out of it.

Winning against a thrower that was in your team the game before feels so fucking good, choke on my lijiang tower you sob. I'm uploading the match now.

Owzers

My brain is tired from those games, all I remember is being Torb once, that mercy res, and being Lucio and ulting when Lik zeny ults.

LiK

Winning against a thrower that was in your team the game before feels so fucking good, choke on my lijiang tower you sob. I'm uploading the match now.

Yea, I think he ended up getting that team to throw in 3rd round. Everyone switched to random ass heroes. Glad we had a decent Hanzo although he was obnoxious with the healing requests.

My brain is tired from those games, all I remember is being Torb once, that mercy res, and being Lucio and ulting when Lik zeny ults.

lol

You were torb more than once, living the dream.

Yea, I think he ended up getting that team to throw in 3rd round. Everyone switched to random ass heroes. Glad we had a decent Hanzo although he was obnoxious with the healing requests.

Just his voice in that route 66 game tilted me, fucking asshole. "I'm going to start as widow to get some picks and then switch to healer" then stays on widow for 2 minutes making the winston tilt and go hanzo. We would have won that game EASILY.

The other team Hog was awful, never seen someone feed so much.

That genji/reaper dude on our team was very nice. Ggs Lik.

Still only been able to use Doomfist in the 6v6 elimination. Kind of frustrating. Played about 6 Mystery Heroes games since his release and haven't gotten him once.

They should make a thing in Quick Play where, for the first week of a new character being added, whoever wants to be that character can click them and then it randomly selects who gets to be them.

Nazo

Still only been able to use Doomfist in the 6v6 elimination. Kind of frustrating. Played about 6 Mystery Heroes games since his release and haven't gotten him once.

They should make a thing in Quick Play where, for the first week of a new character being added, whoever wants to be that character can click them and then it randomly selects who gets to be them.

I gave up a long time ago on playing a new hero when they come out. I just wait 2 weeks. By that time most people are bored of them and I can pick the character with impunity.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, Doomfist has quickly became my most hated hero to go against. It's really annoying getting one shot so damn much.

kurahador

Mcree flashbang act weird around Doomfist. When he does uppercut, it doesn't work until he lands. When he's stun, he can press ult to immediately escape before the stun runs out.

Also...anyone else annoyed with this "ting" sound? It keep popping up even without me scoring any medals.

Blues1990

Man, Doomfist has quickly became my most hated hero to go against. It's really annoying getting one shot so damn much.

I've been having issues with Doomfist (when playing as Mei), as whenever I use my ice block, he can punch me right out of it, and it's driving me mad for how confusing it is. I'm not sure if my timing is off, or Doomfist is powerful enough to break Mei's ice block.

MartyStu

yea... I'd rather get hog comboed then DF one shotted. This shit feels really bad right now. Scatter Arrow is still the most bs in the game though

Things that should one shot in Overwatch:

-Full Widow Headshot on 250 HP characters
-Full Roadhog Hook Combo on 200 HP characters
-Close Range Scatter on 200 HP Characters
-Environmental Kills

Doomfist's punch full punch should not do more than 150 damage.

MG310

Just had a Lijiang that went from 2-0 to 2-3. For some reason it was thought that we needed to have 3 supports from round 3 up until the final round when we had none.

Blues1990

I hear everyone hates that map. But to me it doesn't seem that different from every other 2cp map. I honestly think it's easier on attack than others. :/

This is a common theme on most of the maps, but there is a lot of space that doesn't get utilized. I mean, the Defender's spawn room is ridiculously large, and there isn't a lot of space to make a solid defense on the first point.

This is a common theme on most of the maps, but there is a lot of space that doesn't get utilized. I mean, the Defender's spawn room is ridiculously large, and there isn't a lot of space to make a solid defense on the first point.
You start halfway back, yeah. But some just really rage at the map. Like they're surprised the 2nd point spawn is so close, even though it's just as close as every other 2cp map.

Volskaya and Horizon are way better than Anubis and Hanamura imo. The first point in Hanamura and the second in Anubis are pure cancer.

The biggest thing that bugs me about Doomfist right now is getting killed by his punch into a wall doesn't feel right when you're being killed by it. Every time it happened to me there was a slight delay between contact with the wall, I move a slight bit, and then I die. I don't know if it's server lag or what but I feel like I take slightly longer to die than I should, which leads to a split second of "oh I survived, I can - oh no wait I'm dead."

The weird part about Horizon is right now everyone is defending on point on both sections. The actual choke point isn't being defended (sometimes on the first point, almost always on the second point) due to the fact that they don't look obvious like the other 2CP maps. It's also nearly impossible to set up at the two door choke point on the second point after losing the first because there's so little distance between the first point and the choke.

Overall the map is also way more open than other 2CPs so strategically people (especially non-pros) are kind of all over the place right now and seem to have forgotten any basic 2CP strategy they've learned from other maps.

HMD

When 2 co-ordinated equally skilled teams play on Horizon the games can last for-fucking-ever, I had a game that went 7-6 cause the map favors attackers way too much. Also attack Symmetra is really good on the first point cause you can keep spamming your balls at the point from all the way across the map.

Playing Lawbreakers makes me really appreciate all of the little things Blizzard really got right.

Particularly, fantastic art design and animation.

antitrop

Play Lawbreakers makes me really appreciate all of the little things Blizzard really got right.

Particularly, fantastic art design and animation.
And making support fun to play.

I tried the class in Lawbreakers that is kind of like Zen (used healing drones in exactly the same way Zen uses harmony orb) and it was boring as fuck.

Top Bottom