• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

leng jai

Start preloading that right click as soon as you hear a tire. You can get it if you see it first.
For the other two, run. If you're dead-to-rights out in the open, Discord and start chucking orbs at them. I've survived bad positioning with that strategy once or twice.

Yeah I've been trying that since you mentioned it last time. Think I fluked it once. I also need to start using my ulti more liberally. A lot of the time I spend entire rounds not using it because I don't like saving myself and my team is scattered 24/7.

Yeah I've been trying that since you mentioned it last time. Think I fluked it once. I also need to start using my ulti more liberally. A lot of the time I spend entire rounds not using it because I don't like saving myself and my team is scattered 24/7.

Since I mentioned it here (forgot it was to you, sorry) I've actually nailed the tire with it a handful of times. Learning really is easiest through teaching, I guess.

Jeremy Dunham went a little inside baseball on how Sony handles trophies during the final episode of PS. I Love You XOXO. Essentially you have to petition for more trophies each time you want to add them after a certain amount (of free trophies) have been added. Perhaps Blizz is saving those petitions for a larger addition at some point or they don't want to run out of the ability to add them for new heroes.

Look at Rocket league and how many it added, at Blizzard rate of new characters they got enough for decades.

bs000

Now that they patched out duplicates what's gonna happen when players unlocked all the items? 4 boxes of money?
you can still get duplicates. once you have all the items of a certain rarity, youll get dupes of whatever rarity item that dropped. i have all the common items unlocked now and have been getting duplicates for all my common drops.

Is it theoretically better to spend your saved coins on buying common/rare skins/sprays/voice lines etc so that it increases your chances of getting a new legendary since the new patch? I'd imagine this really only applies for people who've already unlocked quite a bit since there's so many of them.
the chance of getting legendaries does not increase no matter how many items you have. if you have every item except for legendaries, youll just get dupes until a box drops a legendary item.

Nimby

Banned
Quick play is just cancer at this point. The only way you can have fun in this mode is to just goof off. Which is not intentional btw. Seriously, play Ana or Zenyatta in QP and watch yourself die over and over again to DPS while your team is off on the other side of the map not giving a shit about you.

I think too much teamwork is required to have fun with this game. And there is probably good teamwork in less than 10% of your QP matches.

Quick play is just cancer at this point. The only way you can have fun in this mode is to just goof off. Which is not intentional btw. Seriously, play Ana or Zenyatta in QP and watch yourself die over and over again to DPS while your team is off on the other side of the map not giving a shit about you.

I think too much teamwork is required to have fun with this game. And there is probably good teamwork in less than 10% of your QP matches.

Mystery Heroes is here to save us all.

Nicolada

I dunno, I think it's a fun way to kill time. I usually end up with decent groups at least. Arcade mode is definitely way more fun and varied though. Mystery Heroes is always a fun surprise.

the chance of getting legendaries does not increase no matter how many items you have. if you have every item except for legendaries, youll just get dupes until a box drops a legendary item.

But is that still the case with the way they updated how infrequently you get dupes now?

Am I the only one who was plat last season but can barely stay in gold this season?

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was above 2200.

Blues1990

Mystery Heroes is here to save us all.

Yep, definitely my favourite mode to play.

You can buy her Officer skin now? I thought that was only rewarded in lootcrates?

They changed it so you can buy D.Va's Officer and Genji's Oni skins for a 1000 coins apiece. They did this, mostly due to console players not having access to Heroes of the Storm (or not having a powerful computer to run it), so they did this as a compromise.

I'm getting a ~4.2GB background patch on the PTR.

Hey folks, we're currently preparing for the 1.14 PTR. The 1.14 PTR includes some hero balance changes like Geoff Goodman has spoken about on the Overwatch forums, but also contains some file format changes which is why the patch is so large.

We're using the background downloader so we don't overload the client distribution servers with such a large patch, and instead let it roll out slowly over the next couple days. We're looking forward to seeing you on the 1.14 PTR!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6qtcji/background_download_on_ptr_418_gb/?sort=new

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are they ever going to reduce Mercy and Sombra's ult charge? It's ridiculous and its been that way for a long ass time

Are they ever going to reduce Mercy and Sombra's ult charge? It's ridiculous and its been that way for a long ass time

Hopefully.

So far I've only seen stuff related to Hog and Junkrat.

What could possibly be that big?
Is it Mei's butt?

But seriously, what could it possibly be that it needs to be put on the back burner? Some of the previous character balance updates to the PTR weren't that large.

contains some file format changes which is why the patch is so large

Whatever that means.

Yep, definitely my favourite mode to play.

They changed it so you can buy D.Va's Officer and Genji's Oni skins for a 1000 coins apiece. They did this, mostly due to console players not having access to Heroes of the Storm (or not having a powerful computer to run it), so they did this as a compromise.
You can buy it. Along with genjis oni.
Ahh. Thought it was only exclusive to lootcrates after Heroes of the Storm's 2.0 update. Thanks for the correction!

Looks like we ain't getting an event tomorrow.

Blues1990

Yep, MH never gives me my mains. It rather give me Sombra 3 times in a row tho.

It's called "Mystery Heroes" for a reason. The only time when I do get annoyed with the mode is when it gives me the same hero that I just played with, but other than that, I don't mind that I don't get the usual heroes I play as.

LiK

It's called "Mystery Heroes" for a reason. The only time when I do get annoyed with the mode is when it gives me the same hero that I just played with, but other than that, I don't mind that I don't get the usual heroes I play as.

It's no fun getting rolled in matches when it keeps giving me same heroes over and over.

kurahador

MH always give me Orisa for some reason. I remember getting Orisa 3 times in a row, then Mcree, then Orisa again twice in a row.

Blues1990

It's no fun getting rolled in matches when it keeps giving me same heroes over and over.

Like, say, you spawn as Widowmaker and you get obliterated, and you then re-spawn as Widow? Like I said, that shit is annoying.

But I otherwise like the mode, and I'm looking forward to the changes it will recieve in the upcoming months, such as the character select screen being removed and how the team will readjust the random nature of the mode (among other things).

LiK

Is Winston's Horizon skin new? Just got it and I don't even remember it was there. It's an epic so maybe that's why I don't recall.

It looks nice. Guess I'll use it. Tired of Wukong skin, tbh

Yeah it's a pretty cool skin.

I feel your ult charge should carry over in MH.

Would compensate for consistently being given heroes you're not good with.

I like the tension involved when you have a ult and don't want to die.

The only thing that sucks in MH is when people keep suiciding during the whole game when they get a character they don't like and then just end up leaving the game. If they are going to have that attitude they shouldn't be playing this mode in the first place.

gotoadgo

I feel your ult charge should carry over in MH.

Would compensate for consistently being given heroes you're not good with.

It would simply be better to stop snowballing. If the other team gets a foothold on their characters they win every fight due to ultimates and you never really stand a chance.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ult charge carrying over, no longer giving you the same hero you just played with, and no longer letting you suicide right out of spawn to change heroes are all changes they have said they want to make to MH, but it sure is taking them a long time to do it.

bs000

But is that still the case with the way they updated how infrequently you get dupes now?

yes. they said theyve drastically reduced dupes, not eliminate completely. the probability of legendary items is the same. im level 1400 and have all common and rare items now. so if what you think is true then i should be getting 4 epics or legionaries in every box but im still getting mostly common dupes after the patch

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Game of Numbani in comp and guy on our team says that the guy who locked in Widow is throwing, everyone just rolls with it and we manage to cap all the points with time to spare, but as the 2nd round is starting he says "okay the widow's gonna throw, later"(paraphrasing) and then FUCKING exits the game leaving us 5v6, I had four Silver and Gold medals as Lucio, but fuck me so I run Mercy and the game extends for another set of rounds, guy never returns and we lose.

KMNsuuW.gif

Piece of shit deserved it. Deserves a console ban instead of an account suspension in my opinion.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I got to try out the Doomfist + Sym Shield Gen + Torb armor combo and it is as good as expected. Doomfist feels very good as a tank. You can actually jump in the middle of their team and play him like the brawler you want him to be, instead of being forced to play him passively and opportunistically like you normally should.

_Legacy_

Game of Numbani in comp and guy on our team says that the guy who locked in Widow is throwing, everyone just rolls with it and we manage to cap all the points with time to spare, but as the 2nd round is starting he says "okay the widow's gonna throw, later"(paraphrasing) and then FUCKING exits the game leaving us 5v6, I had four Silver and Gold medals as Lucio, but fuck me so I run Mercy and the game extends for another set of rounds, guy never returns and we lose.

KMNsuuW.gif

Ah man, that's harsh. I always find it weird how people can still get tilted even though the team are still doing well. I could maybe understand if your team were struggling thanks to the widow but if you cap both points and start the second round, why do it? The mind boggles.

I mean Yager and myself will raise an eyebrow when we see a Hanzo/Widow on our team but I'm sure as hell not going to leave if we're still getting the job done (I don't quit games anyway)! There's always a chance the Hanzo or Widow could be decent (they almost always aren't for us!) but still, just roll with it and see how it goes.

These are the people who should get severe bans/penalties.

paperlynx

Should always give them a chance, i'd rather have a hanzo or widow or something on my team as it gives some variety from the normal dive comps

Top Bottom