• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Spray_Mercy_Badminton.png

It should be cool, but I am curious to how they will adapt her wings, along with her staff, to this badminton design.

Her wings would be just badmintons inside their carrying bag/case thingy

Veelk

Banned
I just don't want it to be nothing but a bikini. Blizzard have done a good job in putting characters ahead of titillation and I don't want them to break that streak now.

Syf

Banned
I just don't want it to be nothing but a bikini. Blizzard have done a good job in putting characters ahead of titillation and I don't want them to break that streak now.
Ohh they've been getting closer and closer to that line. Don't think it'll be long before they cross it. Different game but yeah.

Veelk

Banned

A good job, not a perfect job. And even then, Widowmaker being explcitely based on the noir femme fatale archtype mitigates that some.

The thing is, Fanservice, even sexual fanservice, isn't an inherent evil that should be shunned at all costs. Far more important it is to me that Widowmaker has a non-fanservice legendary (baised Huntress skin) and that they have other female characters in non-sexually objectified default outfits than that a few characters do.

My post is mostly in hopes that they toe the line rather than a hard objection.

Blues1990

Widowmaker has always been the exception to this rule, given that her whole design is based off of the femme fatale trope.

Ohh they've been getting closer and closer to that line. Don't think it'll be long before they cross it. Different game but yeah.

That's a pretty conservative swimsuit design, to be honest. They could've EASILY given her a string bikini and piss off a lot of people, but this outfit fits tracer to a t.

Widowmaker has always been the exception to this rule, given that her whole design is based off of the femme fatale trope.

That's a pretty conservative swimsuit design, to be honest. They could've EASILY given her a string bikini and piss off a lot of people, but this outfit fits tracer to a t.

A good job, not a perfect job. And even then, Widowmaker being explcitely based on the noir femme fatale archtype mitigates that some.

The thing is, Fanservice, even sexual fanservice, isn't an inherent evil that should be shunned at all costs. Far more important it is to me that Widowmaker has a non-fanservice legendary (baised Huntress skin) and that they have other female characters in non-sexually objectified default outfits than that a few characters do.

My post is mostly in hopes that they toe the line rather than a hard objection.

bruvs nobody forced them to make a femme fatale trope in a T shooter

I don't even have a problem with it really but yeah

Veelk

Banned
bruvs nobody forced them to make a femme fatale trope in a T shooter

No, of course not. No one ever forces any kind of fanservice because creators are always 100% in control of the fiction they make.

What I'm saying is that Widowmaker isn't just a generic female fanservice character, like that Ninja Gaiden 2 female character for example. She's a throwback to a particular archtype that is also a fanservice archtype, which...yeah, is still arguably worthy of criticism, but my point is that it's better to do that than just have T&A that's devoid of context of character or meaning.

But like I said, I feel it's more important to have non-sexual fanservice options in your game than it is to not have sexual fanservice at all. The problem of sexual fanservice is that it often sexually objectifies. If you make efforts to mitigate the sexual objectification, the issue is reduced.

LiK

What if it locked out the other roles?

I dunno if that's the way to fix comp or not, just wondering.

Even if it's locked out, people can still just throw. It just doesn't help in the grand scheme of things. Seems like something not even worth pursuing for Diamond and lower ranks. I understand Sty's intentions but I think this probably only applies to Masters and GM rank where they happen to play with the same people more often.

Playing rein against a doomfist is charting into new territory.

Rein is basically airborne half the time lol. Although doomfist needs to make sure that rein is dead or nowhere close to when he does meteor strike. Cause moment he lands there's going to be a headon charge.

Gorillaz

genji mains unite.

i need like 800 comp points to get another gold weapon. started at 30 since the start of the season.

It's between him, Reaper, and mercy depending on how great her new skin is.

Lik, if you try to take my one and only main I will be forced to be Junkrat.

I got the gold doomfist as soon as he was available

yall have no idea how fucking sexy I look now doing literally anything

Even if it's locked out, people can still just throw. It just doesn't help in the grand scheme of things. Seems like something not even worth pursuing for Diamond and lower ranks. I understand Sty's intentions but I think this probably only applies to Masters and GM rank where they happen to play with the same people more often.

Yeah that's true.

Hopefully the harsher punishments and the report system finally coming to consoles will make some kind of impact.

Tweaking the matchmaking system wouldn't hurt either.

I got the gold doomfist as soon as he was available

yall have no idea how fucking sexy I look now doing literally anything

to be fair. some of the skin looks better without the gold. like his leopard skin.

and his legendary skin already is a pale gold weapon. lol.

Bubaer

Is it somehow possible to do something in order to not be in the same game with a person? Got a griefer yesterday, blocked him and just got him again (lost, obv -.-)

MCD

So suddenly I have like 50+ hours on D.VA in comp and no longer play Tracer or Bastion unless when needed. Sometimes Lucio or Zen because gee we have no healer.

But now when I pick Tracer I just die immediately. Feels so bad man. Like I forgkt how to play her.

Anyone in the same situation? You focus so much on one hero you get dull with another?

It's funny though. I started maining D.VA because no one likes tanks and suddenly I am a D.VA main lol.

Veelk

Banned
So suddenly I have like 50+ hours on D.VA in comp and no longer play Tracer or Bastion unless when needed. Sometimes Lucio or Zen because gee we have no healer.

But now when I pick Tracer I just die immediately. Feels so bad man. Like I forgkt how to play her.

Anyone in the same situation? You focus so much on one hero you get dull with another?

It's funny though. I started maining D.VA because no one likes tanks and suddenly I am a D.VA main lol.

Yes. It's weird, but the more I focus on trying to get good with one character, I get shit with another. I have a 4 character limit in which that's is the top number of characters I can be worth a shit and I start degrading if I try to incorperate a 5th.

Gorillaz

Is it somehow possible to do something in order to not be in the same game with a person? Got a griefer yesterday, blocked him and just got him again (lost, obv -.-)
long time ago there was an avoid a player option nowadays I usually wait 5 mins before going back into queue but you got this dude a day later lol

I've had the points to get another gold weapon for months now, they gotta put something else to get with these points, I don't want to give my Yeti Winston a golden slab.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So many Torbs today making me unable to choose doomfist on attack. I'm pretty sure nothing but his ult can take care of the turret, and it's too much to trust a team to take it out themselves.

Oh well, at least he's a lot of fun on defense.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Doomfist absolutely loves lucio on his team and the enemy team.

Okay, thank you all for providing feedback. I'll mess around to see if anything sticks.

Not a problem. I increase my sensitivity with Mercy since it also gives me an easier time to turn around. Reinhardt I also do this to swing faster and rotate my shield quickly. It'll take some time to adjust his fire strikes.

_Legacy_

Had a leaver in my first comp match today, always fun. 2nd game had a McCree who refused to switch after dying again and again to DVa and Rein. He was literally standing still while shooting, no strafing or rolling and made such an easy target for the other team. Won our third and we called it a day, first two games really ruined the mood.

I wouldn't even mind leavers if it was balanced and it sometimes happened on the other team. I think over the last month it's happened in our favour once but at least 5 times against. I know it can be random but still, it's bullshit.

Syf

Banned
Huh, forgot all about that skin. They're on about the same level I'd say, revealing but not out of place.

Top Bottom