• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Started off 7-3 with doomfist, ended the night 11-11 with him. Maybe it's just me tilting or getting tired, but are we sure that the system doesn't give you worse and worse matchups as you do better?

My final game had my team SR average at something like 60SR less than the other team with me being 100 SR above the average. It was probably the best I played all night stats-wise and we still lost to end my day with 4 game losing streak.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
These are mine too. Their streams are very opposites though. Moon's is pretty hyper while her's pretty calm so you get the best of both worlds. Both are very funny and they are both really smart people.

MoonMoon is great 'cus he calls out when this donators say racist shit, like, just now, someone sent in a dumb racist shit and he told the person to never donate again. Usually Twitch streamers never call that out, and if they do, it's because it's the n-word and they don't want to be banned and not because they think saying racist shit is bad.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It really too early to tell what effect Doomfist will have on the game, the recency of him makes it so players can get away with a lot of shit they otherwise wouldn't. I don't think a hero designed to be an up in your face flanker should be one-shotting people. I don't think this problem could resolved by just lengthening his cooldown on the punch, well actually that would kill him. I could swap and change to McCree like someone said earlier, I don't think McCree really does all that much to him as I've seen him one-shot McCrees through flashbang, but I'm usually playing support and in a serious comp game it would not be wise for me to switch from that role. I don't really think anything in the game really does Doomfist in, same for Pharah but that's not a bad thing either. I just don't like that he one-shots, and he might suck without that kill potential but I think it can be compromised with more damage on other abilities and his primary fire and/or increased mobility. Feels like there is generally nothing you can do vs. that ability, similar to super old Roadhog hooks that pulled you in from Dorado to Ilios well.

If you were watching the LAN today with all the Finnish teams, Doomfist was pretty popular in both Rein/Zarya comps and dives. Probably the funnest OW tourney in a while just with the diversity. You can really say what is meta just yet, but dive was still dominant today. The theorized "anti-dive" comps weren't overwhelmingly successful here either, dive probably won most games but it's still early.

If the fist's damage needs to go down, I'm fine with that, but please never increase his cooldowns. The fast cooldowns is what makes him so fun to play.

Nazo

I'm not sure anyone else has noticed this but I've noticed that sometimes as Doomfist if you rocket punch a jumping target and they hit a wall they just slide along it and take no damage. I tested it out with some freinds the other night in a custom game and we got it to work pretty consistently. Might be a decent strategy to mitigating Rocket Punch damage. At least until they fix it.

MG310

5-6-1 to bring me to 109-107-7

I'll take it considering the throwers/leavers tonight.

Symmetra still my best hero at 35-16-3

He just one-shotted a McCree in the backline by failing his intended target.

Yeah, that McCree was definitely out of position...

Fuck this shit is so dumb.

Blues1990

When reading the topic about Kotaku's article on Roadhog, I was pondering about something. We usually talk about satisfying ways to eliminate a character, but I do ponder about the opposite: Aside from being outplayed, "Which character is fun to die to?"

Talonz

MoonMoon is great 'cus he calls out when this donators say racist shit, like, just now, someone sent in a dumb racist shit and he told the person to never donate again. Usually Twitch streamers never call that out, and if they do, it's because it's the n-word and they don't want to be banned and not because they think saying racist shit is bad.

It's just not Moon that won't call them out but there are others. I know Lirk will so it's just not Moon and I applaud all the streamers that do. Any racist donater needs to be put in their place immediately. Moon does great of doing it despite how wild he lets his chat get. His chat really behaves well despite the spam.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Wow, the amount of self-handicapping that Doomfist is inspiring in other comp players is out of control. Half the games I've played with him, people have started throwing before the match even starts because "Doomfist is terrible".

It's pretty bad with Orisa, too, but this is a whole new level. Usually folks wait until the match actually starts before they lay blame on my Orisa for every lost fight.

Anne

I got dragged into QP for the first time in awhile. New crosshairs saw my accuracy jump like 10% across the board. Can't believe they made us use that garbage for so long.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Third Doomfist post in this thread but holy shit, they need to fix him ASAP. It's ridiculous how unfun he is to go against.
It's just not Moon that won't call them out but there are others. I know Lirk will so it's just not Moon and I applaud all the streamers that do. Any racist donater needs to be put in their place immediately. Moon does great of doing it despite how wild he lets his chat get. His chat really behaves well despite the spam.

Yeah, I like how his chat is crazy but it's never nasty and he bans assholes. There's a bunch of crazy chats on Twitch that just feel like the_donald in Twitch form.

Anne

Somebody asked on discord so here I am. The current crosshair I am using.

6df928adb6.png

I wish I could make it slightly less thick. I also have bloom on for Soldier. I might take it a notch smaller but Iunno yet.

Somebody asked on discord so here I am. The current crosshair I am using.

I wish I could make it slightly less thick. I also have bloom on for Soldier. I might take it a notch smaller but Iunno yet.

Watching Calvin now and the one he uses is pretty similar.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Doomfist is pretty easy to kill tbh.

I can kill him with pharah, soldier and winston.

I'm not sure if winston should be killing doomfists that easily. At least in my experience, the shields you get from hitting him is more than enough to outlast Winston's poor DPS. Maybe the doomfists you're facing aren't properly alternating between abilities and primary fire, since a lot of damage can come from that but it's an easy thing for a beginner to not think about.

Things like Soldier and Sombra are counters, but they also die to one hit, so you just need to get the jump on them. I don't find them very scary.

Pharah is a little scary, but I swear it is very easy to punch them in the air with just an uppercut from the high ground. I really think everyone can do if if they just try. It's easier than a roadhog hook. Maybe that's just gold level pharah positioning though.

Bastion and Torb I find the scariest. Ult is the obvious answer there, but you have to build the ult first somehow, and he can't exactly farm it with pokes unless there's an enemy roadhog.

Mendrox

He had multiple different people over different matches in different groups report him over a short period of time for the same offense. This is the same kind of shit that will get you into low-pri queue in DOTA2. Unless you're this dude and intentionally trying to undermine and "break" the system by abusing it asking people to report you, this is only going to happen if you're actually being problematic.

This is such a stupid experiment I can't even wrap my head around how anyone sees this as an indication of the system being "problematic". Use your brains and think about what happened here for a second before jumping to conclusions and being sensationalist.

Nice to see you getting banned after that shitpost. And there have been more tests for that system in different circumstances. The system is completely automatic.

Yager

Banned
Had a leaver in my first comp match today, always fun. 2nd game had a McCree who refused to switch after dying again and again to DVa and Rein. He was literally standing still while shooting, no strafing or rolling and made such an easy target for the other team. Won our third and we called it a day, first two games really ruined the mood.

I wouldn't even mind leavers if it was balanced and it sometimes happened on the other team. I think over the last month it's happened in our favour once but at least 5 times against. I know it can be random but still, it's bullshit.

I am 100% sure that guy left because of the message I sent him. I told him "use your ult!" like in a general way because the guy held it for like 5-6 straight minutes. He then proceeds to use it the very next engagement he has when no one is around to do anything with it, and then leaves. In the span of time from when he got the ult to when he used it, he could've got one or two more gravs.

That McCree was kinda hilarious tbh. Seeing him standing still shooting at Torb's turret while IN RANGE of the turret...goddamnit man. And he was DIAMOND player. It wasn't that he was just having a bad game, he clearly had no idea about basic stuff like that.

I really want to enjoy this game and have fun, but as I said yesterday, even when we win I don't really enjoy it. I wish I could learn to set my mind to the "do your own thing and have fun without caring" mode, but I find it hard. Guess I'll have to learn or just stop playing. I have to many games sitting in my backlog for me to spend my time in this shit. Hopefully things will get better once summer ends.

_Legacy_

I am 100% sure that guy left because of the message I sent him. I told him "use your ult!" like in a general way because the guy held it for like 5-6 straight minutes. He then proceeds to use it the very next engagement he has when no one is around to do anything with it, and then leaves. In the span of time from when he got the ult to when he used it, he could've got one or two more gravs.

That McCree was kinda hilarious tbh. Seeing him standing still shooting at Torb's turret while IN RANGE of the turret...goddamnit man. And he was DIAMOND player. It wasn't that he was just having a bad game, he clearly had no idea about basic stuff like that.

I really want to enjoy this game and have fun, but as I said yesterday, even when we win I don't really enjoy it. I wish I could learn to set my mind to the "do your own thing and have fun without caring" mode, but I find it hard. Guess I'll have to learn or just stop playing. I have to many games sitting in my backlog for me to spend my time in this shit. Hopefully things will get better once summer ends.

Yeah, that McCree was just silly.

I also find it hard to focus on doing my own thing when I see dumb shit happening (as you know from my rants in chat, lol), I just don't get how people can do it in this game. Like I said, I think we need a slightly bigger stack, to reduce the potential amount of toxic players on our team. We've played so many winnable games that ended up as losses thanks to toxic players/leavers/throwers. Those are the sort of games we would have won as a two stack last season.

EDIT: I might use my alt account next time we play comp

LiK

Had a guy in QP who was playing McCree and constantly spamming his Ult charging emote. I mean, he literally kept spamming it nonstop from the start and never stopped even when the match began. Once we were getting stomped, someone left and I left. Thank you for annoying your own teammates with this stupid shit. Fucking annoying especially with how slow MM is.

Veelk

Banned
Had a guy in QP who was playing McCree and constantly spamming his Ult charging emote. I mean, he literally kept spamming it nonstop from the start and never stopped even when the match began. Once we were getting stomped, someone left and I left. Thank you for annoying your own teammates with this stupid shit. Fucking annoying especially with how slow MM is.

I had a mei do that. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same guy because who the fuck does that?

LiK

Doomfist is pretty easy to kill tbh.

I can kill him with pharah, soldier and winston.

Sombra destroys Doomfist. So free.

Calvin being a awesome hitscan is just destroying doomfists left and right.

Been saying this for the past few days. DF is a glass cannon with a massive hitbox. He's way too easy to kill. Just aim in his general direction and it's like getting nonstop headshots even when you're not aiming at his head.

I've been in a few QP games solo last night and no one picked him. I was free to use him whenever.

I had a mei do that. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same guy because who the fuck does that?

I should've kept note of his PSN. Yea, probably some child.

kurahador

1-7 today. God playing this game is so depressing. I was lucky to even get that 1 win when one of our teammate decides to throw in the last 3 minutes by not going out from spawn, keep changing heroes and then quit. Fucker.

Over track broke on me last night. Didn't record like 6 or so games. Also was in 3 stack after a couple first games.
Was fun except the losses

Mr Git

I've encountered a few of these - usually they've bound a voice line to a button constantly mashable. Still have nightmares of the Lucio who did not stop the have some lucio-oh OHs constantly for 12 minutes.

If you want to watch total annihilation go watch the VOD of South Korea taking on Austria in the World Cup.

THEY PLAYED JUNKRAT MULTIPLE TIMES AND WON

MCD

I lost 4 games in a row because a friend refused to switch from doomfist. I hate to be an ass to him but doomfist isn't Tracer. You can't go charge all alone with him with his tank like hitboxes.

Oh well. Juat another day with OW.

LiK

I lost 4 games in a row because a friend refused to switch from doomfist. I hate to be an ass to him but doomfist isn't Tracer. You can't go charge all alone with him with his tank like hitboxes.

Oh well. Juat another day with OW.

QP or Comp?

right now you can tell who the early df players are. like on oasis you can tell they are just wanting to fist straight down the middle. also someone ulted right in the hole on point on Oasis University LOL

Top Bottom