• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

MG310

Hanamura offense. We take the 1st point immediately but then on the 2nd point our D.Va just stays on top of the back side of the 2nd point occasionally taking shots.

The group of 3 they were in seemed fine with that as a strategy.

People are going to go bananas with the reveal of Mercy's Badminton outfit, I can guarantee that.

Me? I just want to play Competitive Lucio Ball and try out all the ridiculous changes they've implemented in the mode.

I hope it isn't anything sexual for Mercy. Not a fan of that type of content, especially with her background. I do hope it's a badminton skin. The spray of hers is awesome! I hope tomorrow we hear something about the event. Maybe some leaks? ;)

Blues1990

I hope it isn't anything sexual for Mercy. Not a fan of that type of content, especially with her background. I do hope it's a badminton skin. The spray of hers is awesome! I hope tomorrow we hear something about the event. Maybe some leaks? ;)

As far as the sleazy factor is concerned, Mercy's costumes have been pretty conservative in this regard (though I do chuckle at the fact her bust size is reduced when equipping her Devil/Imp Legendary skins). The only outlier is her Witch costume, but I honestly think it's more cute-sexy than straight up lewd. (Look at how cute her shoes are! And her witches hat!)

Besides, the Badminton Spray showcases her in a pretty standard outfit for the sport, and I'm certain they are going to go with that and Junkrat's Tennis outfit, Widowmaker's Gymnastics outfit, and whatever they'll cook up for McCree.

(Though the sight of McCree wearing a standard Olympic equestrian uniform is going to be a hoot. BTW, when is he going to get a Highlight Intro of him riding a horse?)

LiK

Yeesh, I think playing Doomfist made me better playing Genji. Had a lot of good games in QP with him. Almost wanna start maining him.

Doomfist has too many hard counters. McCree, Sombra and Zen totally destroy me. They need to make his hitbox smaller cuz they can hit my shoulder or legs and still cause an insane amount of damage. I was watching the killcam and they don't even touch my head. He currently has the same issue as Winston and Orisa before they reduced the crit box. I dunno, I'll probably never play him in Comp as he is right now.

Ggs, lik. Noticed you were in a couple of my qp games.

I didn't get to play. Watched you for a bit but it was taking too long, lol

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Doomfist has too many hard counters... I'll probably never play him in Comp as he is right now.

I'm kinda glad to hear this, honestly. Means that after the hype dies down I should able to play him consistently without tilting Doomfist mains for taking their character.

Blues1990

Yeesh, I think playing Doomfist made me better playing Genji. Had a lot of good games in QP with him. Almost wanna start maining him.

Doomfist has too many hard counters. McCree, Sombra and Zen totally destroy me. They need to make his hitbox smaller cuz they can hit my shoulder or legs and still cause an insane amount of damage. I was watching the killcam and they don't even touch my head. He currently has the same issue as Winston and Orisa before they reduced the crit box. I dunno, I'll probably never play him in Comp as he is right now.

I'm definitely looking forward to when the game normalizes a bit and players stray away from the character. At least until they become competent enough with Doomfist without becoming a liability, as his abilities (a base level) are strong. But when they are combined, he becomes a master of disruption and damage-dealing.

Doomfist is really hard to play dang

He definitely excels in confrontations where he can single out a target and escape, at least with my experience playing/witnessing players using him. But when players try engaging in the thick of a team fight, Doomfist can't do much to disrupt multiple characters focus firing on him. I mean, you can launch multiple enemies into the air, but it isn't long and won't do much to disrupt their progress.

Ugh I got really tilted tonight, need to take a break. What other game should I play until Tuesday?

What systems do you have, or what kind of games do you normally play?

Gorillaz

I actually like doomfist enough to run him in comp but is he an even more dangerous to initiate a fight then genji since his hitbox is huge. If he's running tag team with winny/Z bubble or DM up he's cool but no way would I be the one to start the fight playing as Doom.

Comp might be even more unplayable at first since most will probably try to just lunge into the choke without thinking.

LiK

I think Doomfist hype has already gone down. Played a bunch of QP solo and people didn't even pick him. I guess they just don't wanna be a liability. I'm still getting used to his abilities. But so far, every time I pick him, the enemy team would just focus on me like I'm a support hero. It's actually getting really annoying. Watching them purposely ignore everyone else to kill me shows people just wanna kill a Doomfist players cuz they know they're still learning him. Had a few good games where I destroyed the enemy teams but it's been a chore since it's not easy to escape with him..

Like I said, he was much better before they reduced his rocket punch range. Much easier to escape. Now I find myself getting killed more often in team fights.

Blues1990

I actually like doomfist enough to run him in comp but is he an even more dangerous to initiate a fight then genji since his hitbox is huge. If he's running tag team with winny/Z bubble or DM up he's cool but no way would I be the one to start the fight playing as Doom.

Comp might be even more unplayable at first since most will probably try to just lunge into the choke without thinking.

If you have Zarya bubble you, along with Zen tossing one of his healing orbs, then you're good to go on that front. Just be aware of the Pharah's and Sombra's that can wreck you, as the former can take Doomfist out from the air, while Sombra can neutralize Doomfist, given he's an ability-heavy hero.

Heroes from a distance, like Soldier 76 and Widowmaker, can also take him out with relative ease.

Gorillaz

I think Doomfist hype has already gone down. Played a bunch of QP solo and people didn't even pick him. I guess they just don't wanna be a liability. I'm still getting used to his abilities. But so far, every time I pick him, the enemy team would just focus on me like I'm a support hero. It's actually getting really annoying. Watching them purposely ignore everyone else to kill me shows people just wanna kill a Doomfist players cuz they know they're still learning him. Had a few good games where I destroyed the enemy teams but it's been a chore since it's not easy to escape with him..

Like I said, he was much better before they reduced his rocket punch range. Much easier to escape. Now I find myself getting killed more often in team fights.
Yea I noticed he's not being picked first right now. Can't tell if people already had their fill with him or if people are looking at him as more of a hassle since DF is still new. I definitely got targeted fast as hell on him. Assuming everyone got it out of their system with the arcade stuff.
If you have Zarya bubble you, along with Zen tossing one of his healing orbs, then you're good to go on that front. Just be aware of the Pharah's and Sombra's that can wreck you, as the former can take Doomfist out from the air, while Sombra can neutralize Doomfist, given he's an ability-heavy hero.

Heroes from a distance, like Soldier 76 and Widowmaker, can also take him out with relative ease.
Yea I always have to think of a escape route before getting in the fight

Yager

Banned
That sombra you played with sounds like me.

What do you expect to happen when you learn a character with Quickplay? You get good at the mechanics and positioning, but the only thing you can do with EMP in quick play is use it when you got it. It's taking some time to remove that habit of throwing it out wherever.

But if you are in comp at least let your team know that you have it ready. Don't make the rest of the team have to check the heroes screen every now and then for the chance that you might got EMP. That was the only problem with this guy, he never called the ult before dropping it, therefore there was never a follow up to that, making the EMP useless.

I created a second account (don't want to call it smurf account) to try to see were I will rank. I'm planning on using it only for solo q, not messing around and being a troll/thrower. Figured that being solo q the lottery it is, I might as well play with an account that is not my "main", so I don't get too mad. Am I part of the problem? T_T

kurahador

Doomfist is really hard to play dang

In open area where they sees you, use seismic first to initiate, then uppercut followed by the punch. Finish off with with left click if he's still alive and close by.
Otherwise, just punch away from corners.

Also, I think Doomfist is immune to CC while jumping from uppercut so use that to your advantage.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I can't even get back to diamond, I am legit getting worse teamwork out of comp now than I am in quick play.

Jacqli

I can't even get back to diamond, I am legit getting worse teamwork out of comp now than I am in quick play.
I think summer is just a horrible time to play online games. It is not like Quick Play was perfect before (and I think they should do something about it), but it is getting even worse, with nonsense compositions that, even if you win, it does not feel like a reward, more like a chore. I am to the point that I do not enjoy the game and then start thinking why am I playing it. And then add the nerfs to you favourite characters…

I think I am not going to touch OW until winter.

Played with a six stack tonight. Good people, but they don't know how to group and stop trickling. And when we try to group up there always the one who doesn't listen and gets picked off so we wait even more. Lol. I have fun with them though.

_Legacy_

But if you are in comp at least let your team know that you have it ready. Don't make the rest of the team have to check the heroes screen every now and then for the chance that you might got EMP. That was the only problem with this guy, he never called the ult before dropping it, therefore there was never a follow up to that, making the EMP useless.

I created a second account (don't want to call it smurf account) to try to see were I will rank. I'm planning on using it only for solo q, not messing around and being a troll/thrower. Figured that being solo q the lottery it is, I might as well play with an account that is not my "main", so I don't get too mad. Am I part of the problem? T_T

Not at all! I sometimes play with my alt in comp and it's more definitely more chilled. I don't throw but tend to stick to a character unless we're getting rolled over. The most annoying part is actually leveling the account to 25, the amount of crappy games I had to get through...

I'll be on tonight if you're down, I played some really good quick play games last night with both sides actually trying to win.

ferunnico

Neo Member
Thanks for the many recommendations for streamers/YouTubers!

Edit: Might as well quote everybody in case anyone else wants a big list of recommendations.

Moonmoon and Loserfruit
  1. Jacklz -- Grandmaster Junkrat main
  2. J3sus -- DPS for Renegades
  3. PvP -- Grandmaster Junkrat Main
  4. Mendokusaii -- DPS/Inactive Cloud9 Player
  5. Valkia -- Top 500 Pharah Main
  6. Gale Adelade -- Top 500 Ana/DPS
  7. Kephrii -- Top 500 Widowmaker Main
  8. Customabilities -- Grandmaster Zenyatta Main
  9. Miso -- CLG's Flex/Tank Player
  10. Moonmoon_Ow -- Grandmaster Tank Main
  11. Vale -- Top 500 Mercy Main
  12. Eevee_A -- Top 500 Mercy One Trick
  13. Stevoo -- Top 500 Symmetra One Trick
  14. Star2d2 -- Master/Grandmaster Mercy One Trick
  15. Fuey500 -- Top 500 Torb One Trick
  16. Cloneman16 -- Top 500 Tank Main
  17. Calvin -- Top 500 DPS Main
  18. Emongg -- Selfless's Flex Player; team is now disbanded
  19. Surefour -- Cloud9's DPS Player
  20. XQC -- Arc6's Tank Player

Here is all who I have followed on Twitch. Who do I watch the most? EeveeA, Vale, Moonmoon, Calvin, Cloneman, and Emongg mostly. I also watch a bit of Seagull but only when he's streaming. I didn't include him in the list since you knew about him. As for YouTube channels, I don't really follow anyone in particular besides Skyline.
YouTubers: Stylosa (he's that kinda annoying, kinda endearing friend everyone has)
Muselk, Bazza, and Tyrodin

Twitch: Boombox, Zzyzx, Kelvin711, Custaa, Blinky- so mainly Zen mains.

Don't know if you know about this site, or if it's been posted, but it can be a lifesaver when you're looking for new Overwatch Twitch streamers to watch:

https://streamhive.com/filters/overwatch-streams

It updates minute to minute, and you can filter by hero, rank, and language.
I like watching Jimbenator's stuff and haven't seen him mentioned yet. He tends to keep things pretty light-hearted and positive.
moonmoon and thats it
I'll chip in and add a couple of my favourite folks to listen to:

Desrow / BestTorbNA - Grand Master/Top 500 Torbjorn player
NRG Dummy - Professional Ana player for NRG
CodeyNiku - Top 500 Sombra player for Denial
The list is missing Wraxu. Insane Hanzo player. He is top 100. And streams daily.

And he is fun also to watch.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CharmingSuaveJackalOMGScoots
This. Really good player and such a cool dude.

I also like to see Taimou whenever he streams.
I like SpiritOW, former DPS for Rise Nation. Plays a lot of Reaper.
I just found another channel that looks quite promising: CANAS1AN
He posted a compilation of his Zarya guides and VOD reviews on /r/CompetitiveOverwatch

Yager

Banned
Not at all! I sometimes play with my alt in comp and it's more definitely more chilled. I don't throw but tend to stick to a character unless we're getting rolled over. The most annoying part is actually leveling the account to 25, the amount of crappy games I had to get through...

I'll be on tonight if you're down, I played some really good quick play games last night with both sides actually trying to win.

Yeah, levelling to 25 is gonna be a pain in the ass. On the bright side, I think that the game put me in games with people that just got into the game (I saw a lot of standing soldiers, widows, reapers...they just stood there shooting at me) so it's kinda fun to try silly things against those guys.

I'll probably be on tonight, I'll let you know.

IKizzLE

That patented Blizzard matchmaking at work. Hate when it happens to me but when it doesn't.....

20507549_10156454558323662_2323308934432424332_o.jpg

LiK

Someone made a "How to Counter Doomfist" video. Why bother, the solution is just shoot in his general direction and you'll get easy crits.

Cappa

Banned
I decayed to 3000 sr after being in the 3300s and have stopped giving a shit about competitive I also can't get back into diamond I've lost every game since decaying. I'm part of the problem with competitive now.

_Legacy_

I decayed to 3000 sr after being in the 3300s and have stopped giving a shit about competitive I also can't get back into diamond I've lost every game since decaying. I'm part of the problem with competitive now.

If you're not throwing and geniunely trying to win games in comp, you're not part of the problem imo.

LiK

What's your SR now? SR doesn't matter to me this season cuz of how fucked it is. Just happy to play with Gaffers as a team.

Kysen

Counting down the days till DF gets nerfed. That one shot mechanic is even worse than hanzo. Such a stupid design decision. If you've taken any kind of damage as a 200hp hero the charge time on the rocket punch can be ignored. Peak a corner and bam! dead.

LiK

Counting down the days till DF gets nerfed. That one shot mechanic is even worse than hanzo. Such a stupid design decision. If you've taken any kind of damage as a 200hp hero the charge time on the rocket punch can be ignored. Peak a corner and bam! dead.

I think he's pretty weak as is. The nerfs they did before he went live really hurt him. If a team just focuses fires on him for a bit, he goes down really fast.

If anyone wants some spicy esports news, apparently Kaiser is going to be headed back to Runaway to play for Apex S4. My question is, considering that he left to join Cloud 9 because of financial reasons, does that mean he is going to be on Seoul's Overwatch League roster? :thinking:

Speaking of that roster, in an interview the owner said that we would get an announcement of the players on the roster approximately next week, so some exciting news is on the horizon.

I just found another channel that looks quite promising: CANAS1AN
He posted a compilation of his Zarya guides and VOD reviews on /r/CompetitiveOverwatch

I'll attest to his quality. He's really helped me improve my Zarya more than anyone. With her greater importance in the new patch, I can't recommend his content enough.

Top Bottom