• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I know yesterday I said I was going to play a different game until Tuesday, but man watching streams just got me playing again lol

Fuck this game is like a roller coaster of emotions

LiK

Did way better as Doomfist today in QP. Won a bunch of games. But fuck his hitbox. Sombra literally just shot me far away with a full clip and drained my health so quickly.

_Legacy_

Saw a good Doomfist on Oasis today, he was constantly in and out of battles, charging and getting a kill then uppercut and esacpe to heal. He's lethal on University in the small room beside the CP (with the small healthpack), if people are mad enough to engage him in there. I had to just stay back and pepper him with shots until he retreated (I was 76).

Had to run for my life when he was using his ult, he did try to target me solo once before in the previous round.

Think I need to play him more in QP before taking him into comp, not confident enough yet. We had a Doomfist on our team in comp in every game today, either switched to or from another hero. He's good at creating space, I'd like to play him on Hanamura and see how he performs at the gate choke point.

LiK

DF Ult is McCree tier prebuff. Great at making people run away and zoning but not very lethal. Hate it.

Blues1990

I just wish I could fast travel until Tuesday.

And so, he remains frozen for 500 years....

MV5BMjEwODQ2MDEzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk2Mjg0MjE@._V1_.jpg

First comp match - Doomfist was on the enemy team.

We won, but it was close. King's Row three to two. Doomfist's ult is not a threat.

yay for all the doomfist trash. just comedy how dumb blizzard is. dont allow people to play heros in comp unless they have at least 10 hours use time in quickplay

Blues1990

yay for all the doomfist trash. just comedy how dumb blizzard is. dont allow people to play heros in comp unless they have at least 10 hours use time in quickplay

Which is why I'm staying away from competitive until people stop using Doomfist. Had a match where this one guy was role playing as Doomfist, and got awwwwwwkward really fast. Then he followed up with leaving the game, and we couldn't recover from it.

I can only speak for the competitive Overwatch Reddit, but it seems like outside of that and a few Discord channels, that's the most active community following the pro OW scene.

Ever since NRG became NRG, it seems they've always had an issue with one or two players being the punching bag for the rest of the team. I remember it was Gods when he was on the team. I think there was some of it directed towards Clockwork too. But Dummy got so much vitriol directed his way.

Basically, before Seagull left, and I think before Harb and IDDQD signed on, whenever NRG played someone would draw attention to Dummy's poor plays and decision making. Eventually this narrative caught on, and it followed him for months. People would blame all of NRGs poor performances on him, and claim that they needed a better off-support to win more. Eventually Dummy was ousted from the team, which was pretty recent.

People were fucking with Clockwork? Damn.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Did way better as Doomfist today in QP. Won a bunch of games. But fuck his hitbox. Sombra literally just shot me far away with a full clip and drained my health so quickly.
Speaking of his hitbox, fuck his Charge hitbox tbqh.

The main thing I'm looking forward to in the summer games while also kind of being afraid of is weapon skins.

I'd love to customize some of my skins for weapons, but I'm gonna hate all the people who don't care how bad one skin looks with another costume.

<shrugs> Those are the people you kill first/ don't heal. Bring your A Fashion Game or else.

I can only speak for the competitive Overwatch Reddit, but it seems like outside of that and a few Discord channels, that's the most active community following the pro OW scene.

Ever since NRG became NRG, it seems they've always had an issue with one or two players being the punching bag for the rest of the team. I remember it was Gods when he was on the team. I think there was some of it directed towards Clockwork too. But Dummy got so much vitriol directed his way.

Basically, before Seagull left, and I think before Harb and IDDQD signed on, whenever NRG played someone would draw attention to Dummy's poor plays and decision making. Eventually this narrative caught on, and it followed him for months. People would blame all of NRGs poor performances on him, and claim that they needed a better off-support to win more. Eventually Dummy was ousted from the team, which was pretty recent.

To be fair to Reddit here they did that everywhere there was professional Overwatch discussion, including YouTube comments and specifically Twitch chat. Twitch chat is who drove Esper off the original Luminosity roster, which eventually was acquired by NRG. I remember the narrative for all of them at the time...

Gods - Casters claimed he was inconsistent sometimes so people went after him, currently he is playing on Cloud 9 (although they might be disbanding) and he was impressing with his incredible flexibility

Clockwork - Legitimately sucked during the relatively short time he was on the roster. Wouldn't you know, he has come a long way and has been playing great for FNRGFE, one of the 8 NA teams to qualify for Contenders S1. Apparently he didn't even like Overwatch back when he was on NRG, so he must have come around on the game since then.

Dummy - Sucked on the roster for months. Became known as "the problem." While he was quite bad, NRG has had a lot of other problems during its existence a lot of which have nothing to do with him.

This has happened with Ajax and Numlocked too, although Ajax was definitely playing quite bad especially at first and Numlocked was consistently put in terrible positions as a main tank player.

Speaking of his hitbox, fuck his Charge hitbox tbqh.

between that and the fact that it's hilarious playing rein now and using charge. because it moves at a glacial pace compared to rocket punch. and it's almost like man that's a good speed for a charge move OHK since you can still react to it?

but then again doomfist would be even more useless than current roadhog without it so lol

MG310

I think this guy on my team was just as effective while throwing in the last round with Widow as he was while actually trying with Reinhardt.

All he was doing with Widow was standing outside the spawn emoting.

Had a 4-stack in my qp game who just stood at spawn the whole game saying hello. The fuck is wrong with people, do they really have nothing better to do?

Shit is mind numbing.

I am loving the new and improved rein. Everything connects now. Hammer swings and charge all work great. I can be a rein main again instead of a support main.

so i figured why my aim was terrible. fucking epic game launcher locked my fps to 40. it's a fucking terrible launcher that doesn't know how to run correctly.

I think this guy on my team was just as effective while throwing in the last round with Widow as he was while actually trying with Reinhardt.

All he was doing with Widow was standing outside the spawn emoting.

More power to him, at least he wasn't yolo-feeding as Rein.

Nimby

Banned
It really too early to tell what effect Doomfist will have on the game, the recency of him makes it so players can get away with a lot of shit they otherwise wouldn't. I don't think a hero designed to be an up in your face flanker should be one-shotting people. I don't think this problem could resolved by just lengthening his cooldown on the punch, well actually that would kill him. I could swap and change to McCree like someone said earlier, I don't think McCree really does all that much to him as I've seen him one-shot McCrees through flashbang, but I'm usually playing support and in a serious comp game it would not be wise for me to switch from that role. I don't really think anything in the game really does Doomfist in, same for Pharah but that's not a bad thing either. I just don't like that he one-shots, and he might suck without that kill potential but I think it can be compromised with more damage on other abilities and his primary fire and/or increased mobility. Feels like there is generally nothing you can do vs. that ability, similar to super old Roadhog hooks that pulled you in from Dorado to Ilios well.

If you were watching the LAN today with all the Finnish teams, Doomfist was pretty popular in both Rein/Zarya comps and dives. Probably the funnest OW tourney in a while just with the diversity. You can really say what is meta just yet, but dive was still dominant today. The theorized "anti-dive" comps weren't overwhelmingly successful here either, dive probably won most games but it's still early.

exYle

Buttchin, I saw you playing TF2. You have truly abandoned us.

There's a new mode! I was playing with friends!

To be fair to Reddit here they did that everywhere there was professional Overwatch discussion, including YouTube comments and specifically Twitch chat. Twitch chat is who drove Esper off the original Luminosity roster, which eventually was acquired by NRG. I remember the narrative for all of them at the time...

Gods - Casters claimed he was inconsistent sometimes so people went after him, currently he is playing on Cloud 9 (although they might be disbanding) and he was impressing with his incredible flexibility

Clockwork - Legitimately sucked during the relatively short time he was on the roster. Wouldn't you know, he has come a long way and has been playing great for FNRGFE, one of the 8 NA teams to qualify for Contenders S1. Apparently he didn't even like Overwatch back when he was on NRG, so he must have come around on the game since then.

Dummy - Sucked on the roster for months. Became known as "the problem." While he was quite bad, NRG has had a lot of other problems during its existence a lot of which have nothing to do with him.

This has happened with Ajax and Numlocked too, although Ajax was definitely playing quite bad especially at first and Numlocked was consistently put in terrible positions as a main tank player.

I totally forgot about Ajax. Yeah, there was some hate headed his way too.

I'm not sure I would call Twitch a community in itself, Twitch seems like a means to an end. I feel like most Twitch viewers really following the scene are also on the Reddit or in those Discord chats.

Top Bottom