• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

_Legacy_

Played some comp on my alt account last night, first game was on King's Row.

No lie, we had a Genji thrower who did nothing but fire shurikens at health packs throughout the map, he didn't engage the enemy at all, of course we lose the match. I proceed to block and report him. I solo q another match and the same fucker is on my team! I'm thinking maybe he'll actually try this time around and he did, we push the payload all the way on Numbani, fairly easily.

Our turn on defense and guess what? The former thrower decides to quit the match, leaving us 5 v 6, match is now tied at 3-3 and the other team have more time in the bank. Luckily, someone on the other team quit on round 3, to make our teams even again and we eventually win 4-3. Also won another match after that as well so ended up 2-1 for the night, all platinum games.

I don't see the point of the MS blocking feature if I end up playing with the same fool again. I think someone on here mentioned it before but I'll just wait 5 minutes before queuing again, just to make sure. That Genji was truly evil.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised to see Doomfist already has a very high winrate on Overbuff, given how little practice most players have with doomfist. I'd assume there's a lot more upside on people learning how to play doomfist than there is in learning how to beat doomfist.

Doomfist is in the bottom half of character winrates in bronze at least, but he gets relatively better and better very quickly going up the ranks.

Well, I thought I was gonna climb. Lost one match because our team got sniped by Hanzo on high ground. The team ran around like chickens on the point. Lost another because our retarded doomfist threw pretty hard.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When someone on your team plays Doomfist into Pharah:

LQMnhph.jpg

Acidote

When they changed the box drop for no dupes, did they also delete legendaries from the drops pool? Because I'm like 40 boxes in with no Legendary ever since.

Surprised to see Doomfist already has a very high winrate on Overbuff, given how little practice most players have with doomfist. I'd assume there's a lot more upside on people learning how to play doomfist than there is in learning how to beat doomfist.

Doomfist is in the bottom half of character winrates in bronze at least, but he gets relatively better and better very quickly going up the ranks.

I think he's one of the most OP characters the game has ever had once you learn to play it a little bit. I feel like a destruction god with it, like if they nerfed all his damage by 50% I would still be killing people by the heaps.

I think he's one of the most OP characters the game has ever had once you learn to play it a little bit. I feel like a destruction god with it, like if they nerfed all his damage by 50% I would still be killing people by the heaps.

I don't think he's OP - he has very glaring weaknesses - in open spaces he gets shredded, and he can't engage first because if he gets focused on it's over with his large hitbox.

But he's an even stronger enclosed space warrior than Junkrat is I think. Put him in a small room, especially ones right near chokes like on 2CP, and he wrecks shit. Or if the enemy is distracted, he can mix up the team and cause them to scatter.

As much as people might complain that Blizzard has added two offense characters to the game after the initial roster, I think they actually stealth added a Support and Defense character instead. I've had infinitely more success with Doomfist on Defense than Attack/KOTH. Move Doomfist and Symmetra to Defense, put Sombra in Support, boom.

FerranMG

Move Doomfist and Symmetra to Defense, put Sombra in Support, boom.

Totally agree.
I never had any success with Sombra until I started playing her like a support hero instead of an attack one.
Haven't played that much Symmetra nor Doomfist lately, but definitely think of them as defense heroes.

MCD

How are two Mercy possible in capture the flag? I wanted to chill off comp for a bit and look at this shit.

I should have taken a video becsuse this was ridiculous. The two were pockting pharah non-stop. Wtf

Xbox one version.

How are two Mercy possible in capture the flag? I wanted to chill off comp for a bit and look at this shit.

I should have taken a video becsuse this was ridiculous. The two were pockting pharah non-stop. Wtf

Xbox one version.

Damn. That's a new one to me.

What if Sombra's hack only had a cooldown when you use it on an enemy player, and you could hack teammates to give them a Zen-like heal orb ability? Might help her as a "support" character.

rulerk1

Xbox one version.

this makes me miss No Limits tbh

Xbox one version.

I think I saw something related to this on reddit. If they die at the same time and both pick mercy before respawning they are able to stack, or something like that.

Azoor

What if Sombra's hack only had a cooldown when you use it on an enemy player, and you could hack teammates to give them a Zen-like heal orb ability? Might help her as a "support" character.

Sombre is fine as she is, that might make her a bit overpowered.

maomaoIYP

There seems to be a new glitch where Mei can enter the middle pillar in Lijiang's control center. She can infinitely contest the point from inside but you can grab her out using graviton.

Azoor

I wish Blizzard would stop focusing on OW as an esport, and focus on developing the game's lore.

Maybe give the game a plot too?

It's sad, but being an Esport was Blizzard's intention from the beginning. I don't think they see a single player mode as a worthy investment. Best we'd get is a lore event like Uprising.

Syf

Banned
I think there's some potential for a larger, permanent co-op PvE mode that could have some story but yeah no chance for SP.

kurahador

Damn...so many good Tracer and Mcree playing this weekend even in QP.

Also apparently if you queuing with group of 4 and above in QP, you'll get matched with harsher opponents.

I wish Blizzard would stop focusing on OW as an esport, and focus on developing the game's lore.

Maybe give the game a plot too?

A lot of people feel the complete opposite way, they want them to focus more on game balance and less on events and lore.

Either way those are completely different people working on those things so I don't understand what you're asking.

So last night I hit Level 25 opening up competitive play, and even though I've pretty much just been doing Player vs AI matches with the occasional Quick Play (because sometimes, who doesn't love a little abuse?) since I started, I decided to venture into the ranking matches to see what that's like.

Halfway through and with a record of 1W-4L, I'm wondering: are all competitive matches predetermined by the presence of a Reinhardt, Pharah and Mercy? Every match has boiled down to "can our team get past Reinhardt?" and "can somebody pick Mercy off before Pharah blows them away?" and people screaming to group up or quitting when things go from bad to worse.

If this game had a PvE mode it'd pretty much be the goat fps for me.
I'd probably love this game if it had a PvE mode. As it stands now it's just something for me to do while taking a break from something else.

A lot of people feel the complete opposite way, they want them to focus more on game balance and less on events and lore.

Either way those are completely different people working on those things so I don't understand what you're asking.
Game balance isn't same thing as esports though. Events aren't same thing as lore/plot either.

What I want is just as I am saying. I am not happy with OW as an esport.

ISOM

His one shot ability can swing fights very fast and it's on a decent cooldown. Then you combine it with his movement ability and his ult which he's invulnerable while doing it and he's one of the strongest characters in the game atm if not the strongest. More skilled players would be able to take advantage of him more easily.

So I'm playing since month one but still can't play a lot of classes efficientely becaus I can't fucking aim properly, how do I train at this ? (for example I always shoot a little too right or left with soldier)

Veelk

Banned
So last night I hit Level 25 opening up competitive play, and even though I've pretty much just been doing Player vs AI matches with the occasional Quick Play (because sometimes, who doesn't love a little abuse?) since I started, I decided to venture into the ranking matches to see what that's like.

Halfway through and with a record of 1W-4L, I'm wondering: are all competitive matches predetermined by the presence of a Reinhardt, Pharah and Mercy? Every match has boiled down to "can our team get past Reinhardt?" and "can somebody pick Mercy off before Pharah blows them away?" and people screaming to group up or quitting when things go from bad to worse.

Reinhardt? Now that's a name I haven't heard in quite a long time. Tank wise, it's all been D.Va's and Winston's as far as I can see for me.

It depends on your rank. Though if all you've played were AI's and some QP, I can't imagine it's very high, which is why you are running into the problems your talking about. If that's the case, you could probably whip out Bastion on them and dominate.

Blues1990

Sweet! I wonder if the OverwatchGAF will have any groups for competitive Lucio Ball?

I'm down, as I'm one of the few dorks who liked playing Lucio Ball. I'm curious to see how Lucio's rework will affect the mode.

If this game had a PvE mode it'd pretty much be the goat fps for me.

I think it would make the most sense to have a standard PvE mode that focused on the original Overwatch Strike Team during the crisis. We finally got Torbjorn's Origin's skin from the uprising event, now we need Reinhardt to get some love on that front.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So I'm playing since month one but still can't play a lot of classes efficientely becaus I can't fucking aim properly, how do I train at this ? (for example I always shoot a little too right or left with soldier)

A great way to practice aiming:

1. Custom game
2. Headshots only
3. AI all Ana
4. Play McCree

Because Ana's critbox is so tiny, it should help improve your aim after even just a few games. Also, you can adjust your reticle options to help (my eyes are kind of terrible, once I found the best reticle setup that worked for me my weapon accuracy jumped a lot higher).

Good luck and have fun! : )

If you over shooting, you might just need to lower your sens.

A great way to practice aiming:

1. Custom game
2. Headshots only
3. AI all Ana
4. Play McCree

Because Ana's critbox is so tiny, it should help improve your aim after even just a few games. Also, you can adjust your reticle options to help (my eyes are kind of terrible, once I found the best reticle setup that worked for me my weapon accuracy jumped a lot higher).

Good luck and have fun! : )

I'd do this to practice, but instead I'd keep the Easy Ana AI with body shots enabled because it's not as frustrating.

Also watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqmWVWP0tVk

Sombre is fine as she is, that might make her a bit overpowered.

I'm not saying in a vacuum; I was following up on the idea of her becoming a full support character, since that seems to be how people are seeing her. Obviously she would need to be retuned.

Just the general idea of health backs being sufficient on their own for healing seems unlike to me, but it's something I hear a lot.

To follow up with what Chmpocalypse said, make sure you are happy with your sensitivity settings. I YouTube'd some videos about how to find "my settings", looked at what pro Roadhog players were using, and did research on mouse pads while experimenting a LOT in training mode, and I eventually found a setting that easily bumped me up a few hundred points in rating.

Top Bottom