• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

After reading up a little on competitive play, the whole point of increasing skill rating seems to be earning more competitive points at the end of season which... are only for buying golden weapons skins?

That's it?

Chance

Sombra has quIcily become my favorite character in this game. So much fun to play, but a little team reliant with the ult.

Use it like an inverse Zen ult. When your Soldier/Genji/Pharah/McCree ults, pop EMP to make sure it counts.

After reading up a little on competitive play, the whole point of increasing skill rating seems to be earning more competitive points at the end of season which... are only for buying golden weapons skins?

That's it?

No no. You also learn to live off salt - or find yourself consumed by it.

Blues1990

Lets play some games on Tuesday. I think I have you added still on Battle.net. I'm the guy named Mercy.

I can't seem to find you on my friends list. Mind if you can send it to me again?

And I'm down for some football. I hope we can practice in custom matches, as that would be a welcoming feature.

xCobalt

That's it?

If your goal is to buy golden skins then sure. The main audience for competitive play is well, competitive players. The point of increasing your skill rating is to with/against higher skilled players.

Gorillaz

There seems to be a new glitch where Mei can enter the middle pillar in Lijiang's control center. She can infinitely contest the point from inside but you can grab her out using graviton.

it's not just there it's on any control map

someone did that to me on hamanora 2 weeks ago

A great way to practice aiming:

1. Custom game
2. Headshots only
3. AI all Ana
4. Play McCree

Because Ana's critbox is so tiny, it should help improve your aim after even just a few games. Also, you can adjust your reticle options to help (my eyes are kind of terrible, once I found the best reticle setup that worked for me my weapon accuracy jumped a lot higher).

Good luck and have fun! : )

If you over shooting, you might just need to lower your sens.

I'd do this to practice, but instead I'd keep the Easy Ana AI with body shots enabled because it's not as frustrating.

Also watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqmWVWP0tVk

I'm not saying in a vacuum; I was following up on the idea of her becoming a full support character, since that seems to be how people are seeing her. Obviously she would need to be retuned.

Just the general idea of health backs being sufficient on their own for healing seems unlike to me, but it's something I hear a lot.

To follow up with what Chmpocalypse said, make sure you are happy with your sensitivity settings. I YouTube'd some videos about how to find "my settings", looked at what pro Roadhog players were using, and did research on mouse pads while experimenting a LOT in training mode, and I eventually found a setting that easily bumped me up a few hundred points in rating.

Thanks guys !

Veelk

Banned
I just want people to at least attempt to win, I know I'll run into throwers in comp, but holy shit. My PC experience has been much worse thus far compared to my PS4 experience as far as the players go.

We need an unranked mode. The player base is just too split between people who give no fucks whatsoever about playing the game and people who want to atleast try to win.

I still think the simplest and most elegant solution is a mode that's basically identical to competitive, but only gives or takes 20% of the SR it'd normally be. It gives people a reason to win, but not so much that they feel the need to be toxic at people who want to try something that doesn't fit in the meta.

All this community needs is the ability for all 12 players to talk to each other the moment the match ends. We need to be able to direct our frustration away from our teammates. If we could talk shit to the worst player on their team after each match maybe we wouldn't talk shit about our shitty teammates as much. Friend joked this suggestion a couple weeks ago and I gotta say, I really think this would help with the toxicity.

I didn't have my stream but i was doing well dfending numbani as dva. i should have gone quicker because i got two boop against mccree and orisa. some seconds later i ulted and got lucio, mercy, and soldier since they had no where to hide far right.. they were too far up lol.

kurahador

Finally got my first Doomfist stuff and it's....a voice line. Decides to use my credit to unlock some dope spray for him instead :/

People locking doomfist in comp lulz

Got a Reaper main on my team just now picking Doomfist and he was wrecking everyone. Seems like Reaper playstyle suits him.

Had a downwards spiral of 100SR due to the following:

1: Teams that think 1 healer is good
2: Teams that think 1 tank is good
3: Teams that think 5 DPS is good.....
4: Teams that think a comp consisting of Torb, Sombra, Mei, Roadhog, Sym and Mercy is good...

LiK

Fuck man, Comp is just filled with DPS randoms who can't kill anything. Why the hell is my Zen doing so much damage compared to them. Ridiculous.

Getting cards is useless if we lose. More losses than wins tonight. I have a feeling this will be my first Season not reaching Diamond.

Good playing with you Lik (I'm White-Sharingan). Your Genji was impressive.

Yea, GG. I've gotten better with him recently.

Finished the placement matches, I ended up at 1366 after going 3/10. One of those wins probably shouldn't count though; after we won the first round everyone on the opposing team quit except for one person. They all had stars and fancy badges next to their names, so I guess they quit to protect their ratings? The rest of my team tried to help the one left behind get an achievement before taking the win which was nice I thought.

Anyway, I'm done with competitive.

kurahador

I'm totally serious. Overwatch has a lot of problems, but Quick Play is such a disastrous experience that I'm surprised more people won't quit before they hit Ranked play. At least Ranked isn't a consistent shit show.

Try queuing with a group of 4 or more in QP, you'll get some comp level opponents --- some even more fun than comp.

Blues1990

tumblr_mwoqumlolp1rknubno1_500.gif

HiiiLife

That's it?

Aside from that, which was never an incentive for me, competing against other players of similar skill is fun. QP has too many people fucking around.

TrueBlue

I only did two placement matches. The feeling surrounding comp has beem too negative for me to dedicate more time to it.

That being said, I'm not a maasive comp player anyway.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Gosh, the main thing I've learned playing Doomfist is that there are a ton of players who absolutely refuse to play anything but DPS. The amount of folks I've seen pick Genji as our 4th DPS, or just plain throw because their DPS spot got taken, is out of control.

Top Bottom