• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

DVa Ult can be pretty devastating. Some players are good at just letting it loose right when we don't have an escape and kill like 3 of us. Hard to come back from that especially during overtime.

Tbh, I've kinda accepted that D.Va's ult is mostly useful in its zoning/stalling potential. If I manage to snag a kill or two, great. But it's rare. I did get a quad kill a couple of days ago, but that was on QP and it was a last minute rush by the attackers.

I've already accepted this about Doomfist's Ult as well. He doesn't even pair well with zarya since his animations take so long you can't react to it.

LiK

I have bad luck playing as DF. Nobody wants to play as Zarya whenever I play him so I never get a chance to try his Ult with her Ult. Probably only did it once with Owzers but we were against a team who were all spread out which made it difficult for us. Nobody wants to play as Zarya anymore in QP.

Veelk

Banned
Tbh, I've kinda accepted that D.Va's ult is mostly useful in its zoning/stalling potential. If I manage to snag a kill or two, great. But it's rare. I did get a quad kill a couple of days ago, but that was on QP and it was a last minute rush by the attackers.

DVa Ult can be pretty devastating. Some players are good at just letting it loose right when we don't have an escape and kill like 3 of us. Hard to come back from that especially during overtime.

I feel like I tend to get kills too (I managed to get PotG with a triple in the game I'm referring to earlier using it), but the point of my anecdote is that I use them kind of dumbly often, relying on people making really stupid mistakes. It was kinda a zoning technique, but I should zone in when people are on the point, or else the enemy are just going to use cover without even needing to use their abilities to get behind it.

I just need to learn that as cool as it would be for me to catch people out for being stupid, most people aren't.

LiK

I feel like I tend to get kills too (I managed to get PotG with a triple in the game I'm referring to earlier using it), but the point of my anecdote is that I use them kind of dumbly often, relying on people making really stupid mistakes. It was kinda a zoning technique, but I should zone in when people are on the point, or else the enemy are just going to use cover without even needing to use their abilities to get behind it.

I just need to learn that as cool as it would be for me to catch people out for being stupid, most people aren't.

I just use her Ult as a zoning tool as well. Most players are good enough to avoid it. Might get one kill sometimes unless they're distracted in a team fight..

Veelk

Banned
It's pretty weird hoping that the skins are cool because you want the event to be good and also hoping the skins aren't cool because you don't want to spend time grinding or shelling out money for lootboxes.

I just use her Ult as a zoning tool as well. Most players are good enough to avoid it. Might get one kill sometimes unless they're distracted in a team fight..

I tend to try to come at people from creative angles. If you can manage to sneak WAY behind enemy lines and fire it from behind, you tend to get most success that way.

Not sure I'm getting the same vibe as you. Haven't personally had an issue with it.

I'm talking about Solo Queueing with no verbal communications.

So if I'm playing Doomfist, and I have an Ult, and I hear Zarya announce her Ult. By the time I recognize where it's at, launch into the air, move my cursor, and initiate the drop...

Usually Zarya's graviton has already worn off at that point.

When I've played with a Zarya that talks, it works.

Cappa

Banned
Where the leaks at???
Were the data mining leaks posted here? Just says how many skins and who is getting them.

Code:
Reaper:
*Two Summer Games items

Tracer:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Mercy:
*One non-event item
*Two Summer Games items

Hanzo:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Torbjorn:
*One Summer Games item

Reinhardt:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Pharah:
*Two Summer Games items

Winston:
*One Summer Games item

Widowmaker:
*Two Summer Games items

Bastion:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Symmetra:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Zenyatta:
*One Summer Games item

Genji:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Roadhog:
*One Summer Games item

McCree:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Junkrat:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Zarya:
*Two Summer Games items

Soldier 76:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Lucio:
*Two Summer Games items

D.VA:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Mei:
*One Summer Games item

Sombra:
*Four Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item (Note: there is an additional item listed here as "Hero Metadata" instead of "Cosmetic". I don't know what this is.)

Ana:
*Three Summer Games items

Orisa:
*One non-event item
*Four Summer Games items

Achievement Rewards:
*Eight new items (one of these is likely a player icon for logging in, and thus isn't tied to an achievement)

Summer Games (not tied to any hero):
*One new player icon

Blues1990

I meant images. Saw the datamine already. Thanks anyway.

I think Blizzard we're getting fed up with how easily their stuff was being leaked, so perhaps they have put their foot down and beefed up security? I mean, it's plausible that the info from that reddit post could be information that was placed there for misinformation.

LiK

I think Blizzard we're getting fed up with how easily their stuff was being leaked, so perhaps they have put their foot down and beefed up security? I mean, it's plausible that the info from that reddit post could be information that was placed there for misinformation.

They've been pretty good with image leaks recently.

So after about 3 minutes of hearing 'the enemy has a shield generator' and trying to burst it down alone while a Sym and Roadhog 2-man guarded it on Eichenwald. I calmly asked over mic...'hey can someone help me with this generator'

Dude loses his shit talkin about how this is QP and it's just for fun. Lulz ok? We can't have fun and destroy the generator at the same time?

We pushed them inside the castle within a minute of the game, the generator is pretty much all they got, if we break it, we win and that would be fun yeah?

I dunno, people play this game so fuckin wierd anymore.

Nepenthe

Maaaaaaaaan, the last thing I want to hear from some pre-pubescent Hanzo main is complaining about me not healing you.

We have two fucking tanks and you have excessive mobility. You kept using it to run off and play ninja wherever the fuck you were. Heal your fucking self. Don't blame me for you dying all the damn time, especially since I had two minutes of objective time on the payload, only outclassed by our Winston.

Unkindly fuck off.

There are so many "Roadhog would have been useful" situations. This game is a nightmare. Worst it's been since launch.

Ehh... I disagree with this.

From my perspective anyway. I'm actually seeing a really good amount of diversity in almost every category.

I see every offensive hero regularly, which is amazing because I have no idea how we got to a point where both 76 and McCree are perfectly viable, and one doesn't always come out ahead of the other.

I see every defensive hero regularly. Even Widow and Junkrat show up, and people don't seem that upset by them. Bastion might be the only person who doesn't show up a lot, yet if I see one, I automatically assume he knows what he is doing, and I fear him.

I see every tank regularly. Rein isn't mandatory anymore, but he's still incredibly useful. Orisa seems to have taken a spot as Queen of all Payload movement. Roadhog obviously is broken right now, which is about the only real problem I think.

For supports, I feel like Ana has fallen down a bit. She's been slowly losing popularity ever since her ult was nerfed for movement speed. Mercy, Zen, and Lucio all seem to get solid play time. And Symmetra shows up way more than I could ever want at this point. She pairs incredibly well with both Mercy and Torb.

So right now, I'd say maybe 3 (Roadhog, Ana, Bastion) heroes aren't up to snuff, but that means 88% of the characters in this game are perfectly viable options.

Edit: I'm not saying Roadhog, Bastion, and Ana need to be buffed. Sometimes the problem comes with a characters counters or alternatives, more than from the characters themselves.

Edit 2: I really want the next character to be another support/healer.

Shredderi

Man I hate playing QP with almost full party with my friends. If I go solo my winratio is mostly 50/50. When I go with a party we're of course matched with a party and my winratio is 20/80 xD. The other party is always obviously communicating a lot and doing tactics etc. when me and my friends do not communicate at all or try to pull off group maneuvers. We're just talking about other shit. It's fun in it's own way but thank god my friends do not gather for overwatch that much anymore, because I like winning.

Man I hate playing QP with almost full party with my friends. If I go solo my winratio is mostly 50/50. When I go with a party we're of course matched with a party and my winratio is 20/80 xD. The other party is always obviously communicating a lot and doing tactics etc. when me and my friends do not communicate at all or try to pull off group maneuvers. We're just talking about other shit. It's fun in it's own way but thank god my friends do not gather for overwatch that much anymore, because I like winning.

Play mystery heroes with friends. Its way less stressful and 10 times more entertaining listening to people fumble around with characters they don't know.

I'll keep that in mind.

Plus, Ults are pretty rare in that mode, so when you get one, and you have no idea how to use it, it creates these really energetic moments where people almost feel like the day they first bought the game. usually...

Sometimes people just can't play a character for shit. To this day, I still can't use Genji's Ult worth a damn...

Shredderi

Plus, Ults are pretty rare in that mode, so when you get one, and you have no idea how to use it, it creates these really energetic moments where people almost feel like the day they first bought the game. usually...

Sometimes people just can't play a character for shit. To this day, I still can't use Genji's Ult worth a damn...

Yeah I actively avoid Genji and Tracer and thus can't be really effective with them (my negative associations with those heroes goes so far that I hate them with passion and can't bring myself to even think about picking them :p).

Yeah I actively avoid Genji and Tracer and thus can't be really effective with them (my negative associations with those heroes goes so far that I hate them with passion and can't bring myself to even think about picking them :p).

I used to feel this way about Roadhog until Mystery Heroes. Before that my wife kept suggesting him over and over because she played him regularly. Turns out she was right, because I ended up maining Hog for season 2 and most of season 3.

Shredderi

I used to feel this way about Roadhog until Mystery Heroes. Before that my wife kept suggesting him over and over because she played him regularly. Turns out she was right, because I ended up maining Hog for season 2 and most of season 3.

Roadhog was in my top 4 played heroes until the big nerf. :(

HiiiLife

Games where people are just having fun and still trying to play for the W are the greatest. Had a good couple matches where we lost in the end but everybody was still having fun. Too bad this community is so toxic.

Roadhog was in my top 4 played heroes until the big nerf. :(

Pharah is still my most player character, and I haven't played her since Season 1. Though, I stopped playing her when 76 and McCree kept getting buffed left and right.

I don't know what I did in those first few months, but apparently anything other than Overwatch was not on the list.

Pharah - 174 games won
Bastion - 110 games won
Roadhog - 106 games won
Doomfist - 20 games won. :p

(numbers are just from QP).

Edit: found a better image:
rv6VnYE.png

So Roadhog really got pretty much nothing with the new event. I thought Jeff was being sarcastic.

Maaaaaaaaan, the last thing I want to hear from some pre-pubescent Hanzo main is complaining about me not healing you.

We have two fucking tanks and you have excessive mobility. You kept using it to run off and play ninja wherever the fuck you were. Heal your fucking self. Don't blame me for you dying all the damn time, especially since I had two minutes of objective time on the payload, only outclassed by our Winston.

Unkindly fuck off.
I tell them straight up: "If I hear you bitch one more time about healing, I will not heal you for the rest of the game. Got it?"

If they talk again I mute them and go off to heal and help other people. I'm not obligated to follow idiots around.

I think Ana is still the best support. Thanks to nano soldier/Genji guaranteeing a team wipe, and sleep/grenade being really good. But she did requires skills that a lot of supports mains don't have. A DPS player taking her would be really devastating.

Salarians

iirc the last true leak we got was a shot of Sombra's finalized model

I think everything else since has been stuff like trailers and other marketing things accidentally being put up too early in certain territories

LiK

Got the inactive bug. Basically got removed for inactivity even tho I was moving around and shooting guys. Thanks Blizzard.

LiK

Wow that's fucked, didn't know that was a thing.

Hopefully you weren't in a comp match.

Thankfully not, was in QP but I read it happens in Comp too. Second match didn't have that bug. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident. I saved the match just in case I need to report it.

Edit: Doing so much better as Genji now. Getting used to a rhythm with him.

leng jai

The anquish when you go on a ten game winning streak, feel like stopping, but then play 3 more and lose them all plus 1 hour of sleep.

Thankfully not, was in QP but I read it happens in Comp too. Second match didn't have that bug. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident. I saved the match just in case I need to report it.

Edit: Doing so much better as Genji now. Getting used to a rhythm with him.

I'd be mad as a bitch if that happened in comp.

The anquish when you go on a ten game winning streak, feel like stopping, but then play 3 more and lose them all plus 1 hour of sleep.

Lost me at 10 game win streak, but found me at 3 game losing streak lulz.

Top Bottom