• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I think Ana is still the best support. Thanks to nano soldier/Genji guaranteeing a team wipe, and sleep/grenade being really good. But she did requires skills that a lot of supports mains don't have. A DPS player taking her would be really devastating.

She is not the best; Lucio is the best support. Lucio Zen is the best support combo as of the previous patch.

Also, nano blade and visor are not guaranteed team wipes; blade is more of a support ult bait then you follow up with Nano visor.

Ana would be better than zen if it is not for Winston Dva blocking heals and diving her. If Rein Zarya is becomes meta again, she will replace Zen most likely.

And yeah Ana require insane aim. It doesn't matter if you are a dps main or not, but the main requirement to using Ana is landing shots for clutch heals. Of course she has cooldown management, positioning and other complex stuff; she is arguably the hardest character to use properly in the game; so much decisions making and mechanics required.

Veelk

Banned
Won my first 5v6 game. Granted, our guy left at the start of the last round and I also think one of the guys on the enemy team was throwing but we still managed to take and hold the point against 5v6 odds, so I'm counting it.

Blues1990

Won my first 5v6 game. Granted, our guy left at the start of the last round and I also think one of the guys on the enemy team was throwing but we still managed to take and hold the point against 5v6 odds, so I'm counting it.

A win is a win, if you ask me. .3.

Nepenthe

I tell them straight up: "If I hear you bitch one more time about healing, I will not heal you for the rest of the game. Got it?"

If they talk again I mute them and go off to heal and help other people. I'm not obligated to follow idiots around.

The bitching was at the end of the match unfortunately. Our team comp was Orisa, Winston, Soldier, McCree, me as Lucio, and fuckboi as Hanzo. I had already prioritised the tanks, then McCree, then Soldier, then Hanzo. That seemed reasonable, and we kinda ran the other team over like this until we got stopped at the end. God fucking knows where Hanzo was, but I know it was not within my radius nor on the gotdamn point. For Pete's sakes, I solo-ulted against shit like Zarya, Mei, Bastion and Winston to try and stall the last two meters, and he had the nerve to complain that we weren't pushing hard. Nigga, where were YOU at?

Ungrateful piece of shit Hanzo. /rant

Blues1990

To be honest in bronze I rarely ever see anyone playing Zen except me, it's always Lucia and Mercy.

"Lucia" & Mercy are a bit more manageable to play (especially in that rank), as Zenyatta
Mondatta
is considered to be one of the more challenging Support Heroes to play as in Overwatch. That's not to say he's a complicated character to play as, per say, as his abilities are rather simple. But his gameplay is not, requiring you to balance helping your team by dealing damage while staying alive so that Orb of Discord & Harmony remain active.

Also, a number of heroes can flatten him if you're not careful, Widowmaker and Winston being prime examples, due to his slow speed and general lack of mobility.

leng jai

"Lucia" & Mercy are a bit more manageable to play (especially in that rank), as Zenyatta
Mondatta
is considered to be one of the more challenging Support Heroes to play as in Overwatch. That's not to say he's a complicated character to play as, per say, as his abilities are rather simple. But his gameplay is not, requiring you to balance helping your team by dealing damage while staying alive so that Orb of Discord & Harmony remain active.

Also, a number of heroes can flatten him if you're not careful, Widowmaker and Winston being prime examples, due to his slow speed and general lack of mobility.

Reaper is the worst for me as a Zen main.

Going to play Black Mesa to stop myself from being impatient.

Anyone organized competitive Lucio Ball matches on PC? Blues and I were wanting to play sometime tomorrow.

Blues1990

Reaper is the worst for me as a Zen main.

Depending if you want to get better with him or not, aside from working on aim and game sense, I would recommend checking out this video that showcases one of the best Zen players giving some solid tips for playing as the monk.

It helped me, so hopefully it will do the same for you, mate.

Going to play Black Mesa to stop myself from being impatient.

Anyone organized competitive Lucio Ball matches on PC? Blues and I were wanting to play sometime tomorrow.

Hopefully that dumb glitch won't make a return, as I don't want to play as Reinhardt and kill all the Lucio's in the arena.

Just got back from a trip and had decayed from around 3710 to like 3250 lol, managed to get back into the 3650s last night.

Dear lord the matches in all the ranges felt just as cancerous. The Diamond/Platinums who are still trying to run Symmetra and Torb on Attack, the Widow/Hanzo mains that literally throw the match because they wont swap, and the Doomfist "mains" who literally falcon punch into the enemy backlines and die.

Just glad I managed to get back into my range before my MMR resettled, I would have straight up rage quit this season if I got roadblocked again in low Masters.

The games tonight got so intense that I started to sweat and my finger is red from how I was holding the controller lol.

Best night of Overwatch for me in a while.

Blues1990

The games tonight got so intense that I started to sweat and my finger is red from how I was holding the controller lol.

Best night of Overwatch for me in a while.

tumblr_nspfjwZNIv1u5firdo1_1280.jpg

Your avatar is perfect for these sort of things. :D

Blues1990

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I think Ana is still the best support..

She is Theoretically Good, but on console it really just isn't possible to be consistent with her. The aim requirements for her to be effective over Mercy or even Zen leave her with the worst winrate in the game even at Grandmaster level, much worse even than our dearly departed Roadhog.

The notion that she's "the healer for skill players" is really toxic and leads to more needlessly thrown games than just about anything in Overwatch.

She is Theoretically Good, but on console it really just isn't possible to be consistent with her. The aim requirements for her to be effective over Mercy or even Zen leave her with the worst winrate in the game even at Grandmaster level, much worse even than our dearly departed Roadhog.

The notion that she's "the healer for skill players" is really toxic and leads to more needlessly thrown games than just about anything in Overwatch.

Wish they would un-nerf her for console. They can keep the speed boost nerf on nano tho.

She's fun as fuck to play, her and zen are the most fun supports imo.

Wish they would un-nerf her for console. They can keep the speed boost nerf on nano tho.

She's fun as fuck to play, her and zen are the most fun supports imo.

the most recent nerf on console was hilarious and made it known that they stopped giving a shit about different balance between pc and consoles

Get a few wins and hit my season high of 2052 SR (watch out Top 500!) and then I get back to back matches with Widow throwers and a Symmetra who ran all the way back to the first spawn to drop TP while we were trying to hold the final point. The game was nice enough to take away 52 SR from me after I only got 42 in the previous two wins. Guess this is where the MMR system wants me as I was at exactly 50% win rate.

And then I get matched with a bronze Hanzo main who won't switch. 20k healing, it goes 5 rounds, and I get POTG but I can't carry a garbage player. I shouldn't get matched with someone with 600 less SR than me just because he is grouped with friends and my higher SR brings up the team average.

I need to stop playing for a long stretch, can't remember actually enjoying myself while playing.

the most recent nerf on console was hilarious and made it known that they stopped giving a shit about different balance between pc and consoles

Yeah it sucks, but it seems they really give no fucks. Did the game not sell well on console, or is it the whole 'concentrate on making an e-sport' thing?

I haven't played him much, but I would be much worse than on console, my aim is still all over the place. I've been sticking to DVA, Winston, & Doomfist mainly.

Yeah I hear ya, never played a game on PC in my life. I can only imagine how horrible I would be.

NimbusD

Does anyone else feel doomfist is buggy as fuck? I keep having super weird interactions, just now I uppercut, while being hit with pharah splash damage. It cancelled my uppercut and grounded me, so I was fucked.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Jump near the end of your punch's travel distance. I think it's called a super bounce. Winston can do it too if you jump right as you land with his leap

Cool, thanks! I knew about Winston's super jump but didn't know Doomfist could do something similar.

Blues1990

Does anyone else feel doomfist is buggy as fuck? I keep having super weird interactions, just now I uppercut, while being hit with pharah splash damage. It cancelled my uppercut and grounded me, so I was fucked.

I know he was able to one shot me when I was out of his LOS and below him. Or when he one-shot me when I was hiding behind a car (and I don't mean hugging it. I mean hiding behind a car at least 5ft away from it).

I find it sad that I'd have a better chance of getting any of my remaining character trophies in Master/GM ranked Comp than in Quick Play.

Dear lord some of these people are just utterly terrible.

Top Bottom