• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

I had a game with the gaf stack some days ago in Hanamura where the two randoms went dps and I got tilted by the end of the game because both of them never focused on the mercy, even when she was in the middle of the fucking point.

Usually it's a bad experience when the randoms instalock dps, especially when it's not their main role but they try to take advantage of a big stack to train their dps.

Yea, I was with Batman and Owzers the other night and I think the two kids playing DPS were doing so bad at killing anything, it tilted Batman much quicker than expected. The one guy who was a Genji used his Ult during our Zarya Ult and killed no one and we find out he was lagging. What luck. Then they switched off to Soldier and Genji and barely killed anyone. That was bad. They were nice kids but played horribly.

So is this the new strategy or something: 20 second video.

I played like 6 hours over the weekend, and I swear people have forgotten how objecives work. Or at least the box shaped ones. Payloads seemed fine, but any 2CP maps or KotH maps had shit like this all the time.

I would notice that I would die, and maybe another teammate would, but the enemy team would be down by 3 or 4 players, and rather than use this advantage, people started moving into position to catch them out of their spawn instead of actually grab the point. It's like one of the few things that will make me yell at my TV in a way I can only compare to road rage.

-------------------

In other news, I did get to play Doomfist in Comp like 4 times, and it went really well. No one really said anything about it in the assemble screen, and people were pretty happy with my abilities.

I would say his abilities depend on the map quite a bit, because you want those tight confined spaces as much as possible. He works amazing on KotH maps because you can get back in the fight like 4 seconds after spawning. He's also pretty handy for 2CP, both offense and defense. Payloads are a problem because people stand on them or use them to hide from your wind up punch. In general, I would say he works better on defense than offense. It's incredibly easy to punish someone who is trying to flank your point than it is to seek out people who are too far back. I've got a Comp match I'm uploading right now to share with you guys that went really well. Should have it up in about 20 minutes.

Nepenthe

Been maining Lucio recently because he's a perfect cinnamon roll, and I've got a bone to pick with Mercy players who think they can out-play me in raw healing even when I'm battling. This has meant using Sound Barrier a lot more than I did since I used to save it for ult countering, particularly when I see opportunities to push.

My team only gets the memo like half or two-thirds of the time, and a good Sound Barrier can be wasted not pushing or on one or two people pushing the team back to spawn while I'm left to play a concert on the point for like a Doomfist or something. It's annoying sometimes, but when a team gets it the synergy and aggression has been amazing. Last match I had last night involved a random group of six of us just busting down the enemy's door through endless group pushing- fuck your tanks, your Meis, even your Pharmercies. Nothing mattered. Even got a PotG out of it. I immediately befriended the whole team. xD

Overall, I think my positioning, awareness, and wall-riding have improved a lot by locking a Lucio down, and I'm really comfortable now as a supporter and feel I'm reliable to others. When I get better with booping people into holes (can't seem to do it when I want or line up properly,) it's gonna be dope. I want someone to say in chat "You guys had a good Lucio."

Veelk

Banned
Hey, I need something confirmed here.

Has anyone experienced lag in the form of you moving erratically. I don't mean that you have stuttering. I'm getting an issue where my character is moving back and forth and side to side even though I'm just moving straight forward. At first I thought it was a problem with my controller, but on the kill cams, it shows my character moving normally.

Has anyone experienced lag in the form of you moving erratically. I don't mean that you have stuttering. I'm getting an issue where my character is moving back and forth and side to side even though I'm just moving straight forward. At first I thought it was a problem with my controller, but on the kill cams, it shows my character moving normally.

PC or Console?

papasmurf1038

Neo Member

Really solid Doomfist play! Some great picks on their supports and the Tracer. And definitely I've had more success with the kind of measured, objective-centered style you're adopting than with the "dive all the way into the backline and pray for the best" style that most folks seem to be using.

Seems like you might've been overcommitting a bit though in some of those fights vs. Reaper. Doomfist's mobility is such that he never really needs to fight Reaper on even terms, just hop out for a second and set up for a midrange Rocket Punch while he chases after you.

Really solid Doomfist play! Some great picks on their supports and the Tracer. And definitely I've had more success with the kind of measured, objective-centered style you're adopting than with the "dive all the way into the backline and pray for the best" style that most folks seem to be using.

Seems like you might've been overcommitting a bit though in some of those fights vs. Reaper. Doomfist's mobility is such that he never really needs to fight Reaper on even terms, just hop out for a second and set up for a midrange Rocket Punch while he chases after you.

Yeah.

I think that was the first time the enemy team had a Reaper the entire weekend, so I was learning how to approach him as I went. You can tell I really started to hit my stride the more I played.

Veelk

Banned
I'm at the point that when I am playing quickplay, and we have a team comp that is utter shit, like Widow, Torb, Sym on attack with no hitscan, tanks or healers, I decide to play mercy.

And then I pull out my pistol.
"I need healing!" they cry.
And I look down and whisper. "...Acknowledged."

And I hold onto my pistol.

Nepenthe

I get that in random spurts for like a few days on PC that makes it impossible to play. It's definitely lag. In my case, I know it's a user-side issue with me stupidly playing on Xfinity WiFi. If it starts doing that, my ping will shoot into the thousands.

Blues1990

I'm at the point that when I am playing quickplay, and we have a team comp that is utter shit, like Widow, Torb, Sym on attack with no hitscan, tanks or healers, I decide to play mercy.

"You need to learn to take it easy."

_Legacy_

I had that yesterday, for two comp games and it cost me dearly. I was supposedly walking off the ledges on Sanctum (Nepal). I was skipping around for the whole game and I know my connection was fine because my laptop and phone were not showing anything weird. My team were pretty much a man down during those games.

Blues1990

It's just...."Sometimes I'm not sure why I even bother."

"This is gonna make you feel better."

Good games by the way Blues! Sucks that I got that random disconnect last night... my internet didn't even go out. :thinking:

Agreed, man. Really solid games, all-round. And, yes, that weird disconnect was really out there.

*waits patiently for Summer Games skin leaks*

Speaking of which, a daily reminder for those who want more than three free loot boxes:

Step 1 - Win two of the Arcade Games, then wait for tomorrow.

Step 2 - Get your Experience to 15,000 XP, then reap the rewards.

Step 3 - Lucio Ball Ranked will probably have a free loot box.

Also, don't be afraid to get your favourite Summer Games '17 game immediately.

They're afraid of you now. You've seen their true face.

So is this the new strategy or something: 20 second video.

Oh man, this sort of thing rustles me something fierce.
Sometimes you stumble into a moment of sheer fuckery, regardless you go out swinging taking down some enemies and distracting the majority of the team and you think "well I may be down but the rest of my team will surely have capitalised on this clear advantage..."

AND THEY DO NOTHING!

Agreed, man. Really solid games, all-round. And, yes, that weird disconnect was really out there.

I still heard you guys talking until I DC'd too. I bet my connection wherever the server location had just went out. I bet people in my area were probably disconnected too.

LiK

Sometimes you stumble into a moment of sheer fuckery, regardless you go out swinging taking down some enemies and distracting the majority of the team and you think "well I may be down but the rest of my team will surely have capitalised on this clear advantage..."

AND THEY DO NOTHING!

I was in a Comp game solo and we killed two guys in Hanamura and they didn't wanna rush in. It was with a 4-stack who were idiots. Only a random and I decided to push in and we were capping the point without them. I swear some stacks are just brainless morons.

When will the Summer Games update go live? I know it's August 8 but what time do these big updates usually go up?

Also will there be a pre-load available for the PC version or would that already be up if there was going to be one?

AND THEY DO NOTHING!

YES! Exactly!

This is so infuriating. Like, I just traded myself for 3 of them. I know, statistically, we have an advantage as a team, so to piss that advantage away kills me.

In the video above, the point had literally just activated, you can hear the ding from it. So here is a 76, that is doing nothing but staring at an open capture point. Waiting a good 4 seconds before he beings to move towards it.

You can even see 5 enemies dead in the kill feed if you look.

LiK

When will the Summer Games update go live? I know it's August 8 but what time do these big updates usually go up?

Also will there be a pre-load available for the PC version or would that already be up if there was going to be one?

Most likely tomorrow afternoon. 2-3PM EST

Nazo

I'ed really love it if every time I pick Doomfist my team wouldn't instantly throw the game.

I swear every time I pick him during team setup the rest of my team insta-locks Widow, Hanzo, Genji, and Junkrat (all at the same time) and proceeds to throw the game.

But of course if someone else picks him nobody throws...

I'ed really love it if every time I pick Doomfist my team wouldn't instantly throw the game.

I swear every time I pick him during team setup the rest of my team insta-locks Widow, Hanzo, Genji, and Junkrat (all at the same time) and proceeds to throw the game.

But of course if someone else picks him nobody throws...

Comp or QP?

Orisa's achievment for overclocked has been broken on all platforms since the June update. That includes PS4. you'll get the spray but not the trophy.

I mean its not that big of a deal but still..

LiK

Orisa's achievment for overclocked has been broken on all platforms since the June update. That includes PS4. you'll get the spray but not the trophy.

I mean its not that big of a deal but still..

Ouch, glad I got it the first day she went live.

I really wish they allowed trophies in Arcade. QP is broken and Comp is a mess. There's no way some trophies can be achieved with how things are right now unless you're super lucky.

we're about a few hours away from an asian leak of some of the skins I imagine, not sure why Blizzard just doesn't release a trailer with the announcement

anyway
aba536620eb92b9d800f2ed170822a19.jpg

QP, I don't feel confident enough to play him in Comp.

QP has unofficially become "structured practice mode".

This sucks for people who just want to play the game with it's default rule-set, but don't want to play Competitive. But really, there is no where else you can go and learn a new character.

You can't play comp without a barrage of hate mail and reporting coming from your teammates.

You can't play Elimination because the team dynamics are too different. You obviously can't play mystery heroes or 1v1s.

Quickplay is the only playlist you can go and really try to learn a new character. The problem is probably half the people in Quickplay are there to learn a new character, and they're going to forfeit good team comp to do it.

I've been exclusively playing doomfist in QP lately, including a match where my team was McCree, Genji, 76, Pharah, and Tracer. Did it suck? Ehh... not that bad. Did I get some good practice in? Yep. Did we win? Somehow... yes...

Sometimes it's even more helpful to play on a team with a bad comp when you are learning because it teaches you how to pick up the slack if your teammates can't handle something.

Veelk

Banned
I consider myself a mostly good D.Va player, but I need to stop trying to be clever with my D.Va nukes. Like when the counter is coming down to zero, I figure "Hey, why not just get on top of the payload and zone people out. But since it was that choreographed and before the fight even started, people easily avoided it.

It'd have been funny to kill the entire team as they tried to rush it, but I have to accept that most people just aren't that stupid and I risk losing the game by throwing away an ult if I keep trying to pull that kinda shit.

TrueBlue

I consider myself a mostly good D.Va player, but I need to stop trying to be clever with my D.Va nukes. Like when the counter is coming down to zero, I figure "Hey, why not just get on top of the payload and zone people out. But since it was that choreographed and before the fight even started, people easily avoided it.

It'd have been funny to kill the entire team as they tried to rush it, but I have to accept that most people just aren't that stupid and I risk losing the game by throwing away an ult if I keep trying to pull that kinda shit.

Tbh, I've kinda accepted that D.Va's ult is mostly useful in its zoning/stalling potential. If I manage to snag a kill or two, great. But it's rare. I did get a quad kill a couple of days ago, but that was on QP and it was a last minute rush by the attackers.

Top Bottom