• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LifEndz

Was looking forward to playing all day at work. Get home and can't get in. Even worse, job texted me to come in early tomorrow. 😩

Blues1990

Be careful in your Lucio Ball placements. Blues and I had a game where it ate our win. (We didn't actually complete our placements either)

Yeah, this is an issue that a number of people have been reporting on the official forums, both in Lucio Ball and regular Competitive. Can't believe that victory didn't count.

Managed to get all the Lucioball achivements tonight.

I got two of the three achievements, and I hope to get the Volley one.

Jellie

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There's a real missed opportunity to have had Sombra running around in the flippers of her Summer skin.

gIOzRfp.jpg

I have no clue how many bikini widow's i've seen while playing in mystery heroes.

Hell, lifeguard mccree is also very popular apparently.

Xeteh

Bought boxes with WoWdollars and got Sombra's skin, Reaper's skin and then Tracer/Zarya/Torbjorn's skins from last year. I can buy another but it'll be between Mercy and Widow. I only really play Widow for Mystery heroes and I play Mercy more but I have skins for her and nothing but Noire for Widow.

Also scored 4 goals in a 4-3 win of Lucioball, its fun.

ExcelTronic

Man, I swear, this game...
So in a competitive game on PC I kept switching teams, never going on defense, and only playing attack. I've never seen a glitch like this. Doomed to only play attack... until my switched team loses.

Magnus

So I've had zero performance and connectivity problems today on PC. Is the problem confined to consoles? I couldn't even connect on my PS4 version.

Gorillaz

Lucioball is def great but..like im 0-3 right now in placements

It's actually hilarious I can see this being more toxic then actual comp

Veelk

Banned
8 hours later, I still cannot get into a game to do something as simple as open my loot box.

Blizzard better throw in a double XP weekend over this bs.

Magnus

Man, people are such fucking whiners, complainers and assholes in PC Comp. I forgot how much I hated all of these attitudes, holy shit. I ran the wrong way for about 2 seconds after spawning and someone LYNCHED me in chat and on voice. Like, wow, calm down, it's a game.

Mr Git

I actually dislike sports in totality so this is an event where I'm just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about all of the skins etc. I can't think of anything worse than a union jack Tracer. I'll grab a couple of the voicelines but otherwise it's gonna be nice not trying to grind for anything and I can just save my monies for Hallowe'en.

Veelk

Banned
Finally in.

Played one game of Lucio ball.

I remembered why I hated Lucio ball.

Chasing this stupid thing around is the biggest waste for time.

Got in, hit QP and got kicked a minute later. Can't get back in now.

It's been like 8 hours since summer games went live, how the fuck is shit this broken.

Fix yo shit blizzard, it's embarrassing.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, people are such fucking whiners, complainers and assholes in PC Comp. I forgot how much I hated all of these attitudes, holy shit. I ran the wrong way for about 2 seconds after spawning and someone LYNCHED me in chat and on voice. Like, wow, calm down, it's a game.

That's terrible. Sounds like my one in one thousand game where I had to leave the game for my mental sanity because someone went off about me putting my teleporter inside the gas station at route 66 back when I was mid silver. Maybe it was a mistake, but it's silver, mistakes happen.

And your mistake is barely a mistake. Something that happens to people in every rank and doesn't even affect the game.

I guess road rage has been around longer than online games, so it's not a new thing. This is just what happens when the person getting raged at gets to hear that rage.

Lucioball is a nice palate cleanser but I can't imagine devoting serious time to the comp version of it. Shit, I'll probably just get the achievements and maybe once in a while for lootbox wins and be done with the normal mode too.

Regular already feels too long and random, let alone another two extra minutes and the usual hard ass feelings comp provokes in people.

Veelk

Banned
I swear there is no consistency in how the ball reacts to being booped.

I mean, I'm probably missing something, but it just feels like shit.

Yeah, you have to really get used to the wierd physics of it. Once I stopped and experimented with how strongly the ball reacts to my punch and boop, it went much easier.

Which isn't to say it was any more fun, at least for me. The rhythm of the game is just so off. I could chase the ball all game, every time I come close it gets hit away.

I guess some people must find it fun if blizzard took this much effort to elaborating on it. But I got my lootbox out of it and gtfo's.

Chance

5 dps (me on Tracer cause fuck it) and a healer (Lucio) defending Hollywood against 5 dps and a healer (Mercy).

As it rolls into OT, they haven't made it to the second checkpoint, and the reds all pour through the choke just on the other side of the arch at the point. I toss my pulse bomb in. Double kill! Woo! In quick succession I kill the Mercy, finish the Tracer and finish and get half of Doomfist and I'm like omg that's the best PotG I've ever had.

...except their Genji deflected my pulse bomb into our Genji, who deflected it BACK and I got like 20 fire total for the two it killed >.<

Oh well. At least I danced the Charleston on the payload at the victory splash.

Me, an hour ago - "I'm going to get to top 500 so I can get the cool sprays!

/places at 2973

Me, now - "I'm never playing this mode again."

Top Bottom