• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Man, people are such fucking whiners, complainers and assholes in PC Comp. I forgot how much I hated all of these attitudes, holy shit. I ran the wrong way for about 2 seconds after spawning and someone LYNCHED me in chat and on voice. Like, wow, calm down, it's a game.

why are you even playing competitive?

Pharah's dunk is easily a top 3 highlight reel out of all characters
Her dunk game is weak, she needs to cheat with her jetpack to do it.

Man, people are such fucking whiners, complainers and assholes in PC Comp. I forgot how much I hated all of these attitudes, holy shit. I ran the wrong way for about 2 seconds after spawning and someone LYNCHED me in chat and on voice. Like, wow, calm down, it's a game.
The solution here is to get Zarya's new voice line and spam it in return.

Phu

Banned
Yeah, you have to really get used to the wierd physics of it. Once I stopped and experimented with how strongly the ball reacts to my punch and boop, it went much easier.

Which isn't to say it was any more fun, at least for me. The rhythm of the game is just so off. I could chase the ball all game, every time I come close it gets hit away.

I guess some people must find it fun if blizzard took this much effort to elaborating on it. But I got my lootbox out of it and gtfo's.

You just move so slowly compared to the ball. Since there's no real dribble mechanic you have to position yourself well to hit it in a good direction but you're constantly outpaced by the ball so it's a pain in the ass to position yourself around it. Using the ult is like the only time it feels like you can deliberately manipulate the ball.

Ramirez

How do you leave the chat channel on PC? I type /leavechannel and it says I can't do that at this time, lol.

People are so toxic, I just have no interest in seeing it.

LiK

People leaving Arcade games at the end before it's over cuz they lose is pretty dumb. You just wasted time and earned zero XP.

How do you leave the chat channel on PC? I type /leavechannel and it says I can't do that at this time, lol.

People are so toxic, I just have no interest in seeing it.

/hidechat

Xeteh

People leaving Arcade games at the end before it's over cuz they lose is pretty dumb. You just wasted time and earned zero XP.

/hidechat

It is super dumb how frequently it happens too. I get being frustrated if you got stomped but you might as well get something out of it.

Mr Git

When you've had some beers after work and join a group but it takes you just over a minute to realise you're in total mayhem

LiK

When you've had some beers after work and join a group but it takes you just over a minute to realise you're in total mayhem

We needed a Winston to make it easy mode. But no one in our group wanted to play him. He works well with Zarya.

Damn, I just realized it's been more than a year since this game came out, and I've been basically playing it exclusively since release. No wonder I'm starting to feel kind of burned out on it.

I think I'll stick through the Halloween event since that had the best skins and event imo, but barring some kind of major new mode I think the game is a little stale for me and I probably need to come back to it later.

QP payload offence is a fucking slough to get through. I've been playing so much comp that I forgot that ANY progress amounts to fuck all unless you get it all the way. Yeah, I'll just quit next time.

SoulUnison

Banned
Mystery heroes is life.

Mystery Heroes showed me that I like the play-style of a couple characters I wouldn't have expected to - especially Winston.

It's also proven to me that I will never be an even mediocre sniper in any game ever.

LiK

Looks like they fixed PotG. It plays the whole highlight intro now instead of cutting off the last second.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Gosh Lucioball is terrible. There should really be a rudder along the middle of the ceiling to let you wallride up and down the field, it's so slow as is.

Xeteh

Gosh Lucioball is terrible. There should really be a rudder along the middle of the ceiling to let you wallride up and down the field, it's so slow as is.

I actually don't mind it but I swear the physics on the ball feel way off at times and yeah, the game needs to be twice as fast.

I got the Huntress Legendary skin for Widowmaker with my initial event box. Also, I won 3 or 4 matches in Lucioball, which is basically Rocket League, but with Lucio, but things I'm okay with.

Danj

Played 2700~ in Lucio Ball. OverwatchGAF what were your placements?

I actually didn't realise it was a separate thing to regular competitive until I saw there were placement matches.

Still not going to play it though; I'm shit at regular lucioball, why would I even bother with comp?

Kenai

Mystery Heroes showed me that I like the play-style of a couple characters I wouldn't have expected to - especially Winston.

It's also proven to me that I will never be an even mediocre sniper in any game ever.

I also grew an appreciation for several heroes I thought i didn't like (Zen, Winston, Pharah, McCree and even Genji to name a few).

I still jump off cliffs for Hog, Hanzo, and Widow though. Probably always will.

Finally got a legendary, but it was Lucio.

I get his event skin 1st every time, without failure.

Lucio ball is actually pretty fun. Would be a blast after a few drinks I'm sure.

LiK

Last box for the night was just blues and whites. Sigh. No Legendaries at all so far. Gonna buy a pack cuz I don't have a lot of time to play this week. Don't feel like grinding as much either.

1 more arcade loot to go, but... think I'd rather skip it and do regular qp. Not worth going through those garbage shit tier arcade modes for 1 lousy box.

Blues1990

Last box for the night was just blues and whites. Sigh. No Legendaries at all so far. Gonna buy a pack cuz I don't have a lot of time to play this week. Don't feel like grinding as much either.

That's the complete opposite for me. I got everything, including stuff I missed last year.

Kain

I remember hating Lucioball last year but now I don't currently dislike it at all. Did they make any changes? I remember it being a shitfest lol

LiK

That's the complete opposite for me. I got everything, including stuff I missed last year.

I have no luck with lvl up boxes. Anyway, the pack got me literally everything except Sombra's skin. So now I just need to play for one skin, lol

Top Bottom