• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Played 2700~ in Lucio Ball. OverwatchGAF what were your placements?
8ea6c1b5a0.jpg

I'm having fun with it and I don't suck. I think I'm gonna keep at this for a golden weapon.

Why do y'all always go the hard route for the free lootboxes lmao. The 6 player arcade modes are way too random to win consistently at, just play 3v3 lockout. Yeah your teammates might suck but at least if you try in that and you are a good soloer then you can probably knock them out pretty quick.

TrueBlue

Barely got on last night on PS4 in the UK. Was especially annoying since my brother waa happily playing the game on his XB1. It's odd - I don't think the game has ever creaked so badly under an event before.

Regarding Lucioball - it's okay. I feel they should reduce the cooldown on Speed Boost, as a match can have quite a few lulls in pace. Imposing a goal limit would be nice too.

Kakaroach

LucioBall was pretty disappointing. Boop range is small and easy to miss the ball. Made me just want to play FIFA to be honest. Oh well, I'll keep trying for Sombra. I'll buy her if I don't get her within the week.

LiK

Yea, my problem with Lucioball is primarily the boop range. You need to get real close to the ball. Makes the flow of the game quite tedious.

Lucioball is pretty average, and of the 7 boxes I opened today I got zero dupes.... which you think would be good but it was all sprays and shit and because of that no money at all lol, so there goes my usual way of getting the stuff I wanted at these events (cause of my shitty luck).

Banzai

Lucioball can be pretty fun. Had a game end at 11-1, the enemy team was soooo mad.

Also had a game where the ball got stuck for a while and then disappeared completely after I booped it. I was fine with it, my team was in the lead so it was a free win. Dance party in the center.

I haven't played much since the lootbox update, but I haven't had a single dupe since. Nothing particularly good either, but it's a big improvement from the 3 dupes per box I got before.

Dipped my toes in the Lucioball pool, and while it's fun, it does feel slower than I'd have hoped.

maomaoIYP

7-3 Lucioball placements. EZ GG
edit: There doesn't seem to be a decay counter in the Lucioball information page, which is great, because I fucking hate Lucioball and I'm never playing it again LOL.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not getting many dupes at all is cool but it's also going to have a side effect of making coins much more rare, I have ~1K right now and usually would be able to atleast get a legendary for someone but I kinda have to just hope I pull it since I won't get much money.

HMD

Not getting many dupes at all is cool but it's also going to have a side effect of making coins much more rare, I have ~1K right now and usually would be able to atleast get a legendary for someone but I kinda have to just hope I pull it since I won't get much money.

Exactly, I bought 15 boxes and I didn't get a single Epic or Legendary event item and I didn't get any credits to buy anything with.

6 minute games with unskippable replays is a mistake. Should be 5 minutes and everyone choose to skip replays, like Rocket League.

I had a game where we went 5-0 up with 3 minutes remaining and 2 players from the other team left. The two idiots in my team just kept scoring and scoring. JUST LET THE FUCKING GAME FINISH YOU DAFT CUNTS!!!! I had to go in goal for the other team just so the nightmare would fucking end.

5 wins from 5 so far in my placement games. Looking good.

There's not a single skin in this event I like, so I'll be putting much less time in this one than any of the others. Which is nice.

Nice, I got Sombra's event skin in my free box.

I haven't had a single dupe since the loot box change, and I just got my silver border not too long ago. Couldn't be happier!

LiK

Nike Mercy skin's face def looks odd. It's like a different model than her normal face. I notice it even more with her Medal Victory post. She looks cute with her other skins cuz of the smile but her Nike face is a bit off. I think it's her mouth. I dunno.

maomaoIYP

I'm about 99% sure that your Lucioball SR is based on your comp SR.
I've placed 2 accounts, they follow my comp SR so closely it's not even funny.

edit: Hmmmmm maybe not, apparently XQC placed plat

LiK

Sounds like something Blizzard would do.

Speaking of Lucioball, looked up some tips on YouTube and I'll be a better player to finish my placements. Hopefully Buttchin is on again so we can finish it together.

maomaoIYP

Sounds like something Blizzard would do.

Speaking of Lucioball, looked up some tips on YouTube and I'll be a better player to finish my placements. Hopefully Buttchin is on again so we can finish it together.

It's super easy to win. Always have one goalie. Don't chase the ball, let the ball come to you. Angle upwards and boop towards the opposing goal. Balls which are lobbed in are very hard to save because of the jump pad right in front of the goal. I had a game where the game cut short because the score difference was 10. I scored 6 just by doing this and got 4 gold medals.

Yui

Stuck at the infinite "searching" for 7 hours now and since it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue, I'm losing hope for a "quick" solution.

nan0

edit: Hmmmmm maybe not, apparently XQC placed plat

Nah, I got placed ~2500 and my normal comp SR is sub 2000

LiK

It's super easy to win. Always have one goalie. Don't chase the ball, let the ball come to you. Angle upwards and boop towards the opposing goal. Balls which are lobbed in are very hard to save because of the jump pad right in front of the goal. I had a game where the game cut short because the score difference was 10. I scored 6 just by doing this and got 4 gold medals.

I actually didn't play much when it first came out last year cuz I didn't like it. But I'm playing it now for the spray/player icon but I don't wanna suck with Gaffers. I got some pretty badass goals last night.

Funny thing, we automatically always had one goalie and two guys as strikers. I guess it just felt automatic altho I gave up trying to be goalie. I'm better on attack. Good tip about letting it come to us cuz I hate chasing after the ball.

SOLDIER

I've been having a problem with the PC version of this game that I hope someone can help me out with.

For a while now I've had this issue where the game will freeze for about half a second in the middle of battle. The most common pattern in which this seems to occur is when I'm about to get hit by another player, be it from their weapon or ability or what have you. I've also had instances where the sound will cut off, also for just a second or two.

I'm not sure if Overwatch is the only PC game affected this way, but since I'm currently playing it the most, that's where I've noticed the issue. Any advice?

As much as Liquid dropping its team sucks, let's wait until Overwatch League happens before we declare it dead.

This is something completely new in esports we haven't seen before, there was always going to be a period like this.

Blizzard comically mishandling their competitive scene is nothing new.

Blues1990

As much as Liquid dropping its team sucks, let's wait until Overwatch League happens before we declare it dead.

This is something completely new in esports we haven't seen before, there was always going to be a period like this.

Why do I have a feeling that history is repeating itself, what with Starcraft II's competitive scene?

Veelk

Banned
So if eksport competitive does crash and burn, what's that going to mean for the future of average joe's like me?

So if eksport competitive does crash and burn, what's that going to mean for the future of average joe's like me?

Less relevancy in the long term. Quality players leaving for other games. Higher likelihood of Blizzard abandoning the game in favor of a sequel to get another shot at that esports cash.

Shredderi

God I hate when I have to win in arcade modes. When I'm trying to get the extra lootboxes my winratio is 10%. Seriously, out of 10 mystery heroes games I have won 1 game. I can quarantee you that when I have gotten all the extra lootboxes my winratio will skyrocket to semi-normal levels, when it doesn't matter anymore.

LiK

God I hate when I have to win in arcade modes. When I'm trying to get the extra lootboxes my winratio is 10%. Seriously, out of 10 mystery heroes games I have won 1 game. I can quarantee you that when I have gotten all the extra lootboxes my winratio will skyrocket to semi-normal levels, when it doesn't matter anymore.

I wish they included weekly lootboxes with QP as well.

Top Bottom