• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Colin.

Figured there would be a community thread for this game. Just got this from a single crate. Never knew getting that many legendaries in one was even possible. Shame one is just currency though :(

BAqhO7V.jpg

Holy shit, Deathmatch sounds like a mess, but since you get credit for the win if you place in the top half of players, I'm gonna play all of this.

New Stage: Widowmaker's Estate (pre-blue sniper lady)

Wanderer5

The in-game highlight recording is godsend.<3

Also wow, a legendary in 3 boxes in a row from the 5 twitch prime boxes lmao.

Edit: Oh wow Deathmatch, and Widowmaker's estate.:O

Colin.

It was overdue tbf. An abundance of crap and dups up until this recent update.

I talked shit about the McCree skin (worst one in the game for me) and the game decided to reward me with that same skin. Fuck off

Yeah, I feel he's quite weak and slow. Should take 2 hits instead of 3 to take out Phariah with him as well I feel. Or even bumping her down to 150 health. Either would be nice.

microdot

Giving away a loot box code. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Overwatch lootbox key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387837.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (microdot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overwatch 5 standard loot boxes -- MB-DD8121B79448674F - Taken by greendomo's ghost. 14 entrants total.

t1502406812z1.png

xCobalt

I figured they were gonna give Junkrat another mine but I would have thought they would slightly reduce the damage. Potential 240 damage will be pretty deadly. Sorry, Roadhog.

rulerk1

the orisa buff is nice. Ugh at Widow and Junkrat buffs. At least the Widow mine buff is kind of nice...

Wait they didnt nerf mine damage. I wonder how that charge thing even works out

Widow buff means nothing for console players but I imagine it's not the same for the PC playerbase, by a longshot.

I've seen some streams of Kephrii, Taimou, Calvin, Surefour, etc. and something like this will be put to good use.

Veelk

Banned
Thoughts on updates

Junkrat - HIS GENIUS WILL FINALLY BE RECOGNIZED!

Orisa - The speed to the projectiles is exactly what she needs. Playing her felt frustrating because the timelapse made it seem like she always seemed to fire where the enemy was a second ago and made her shots easy to dodge. That Barrier change is fantastic too. Reinhardt watch out, you might be out of a job soon (lol)

Roadhog - I still think the guy isn't gonna work until you bring back his old damage. It's just so weird to not score hits that are guaranteed kills anymore.

Widowmaker - Wow, they finally implemented the obvious QoL changes that should have been there since over a year ago! ...Sorry, but I'm just really frustrated at how they are handling Widowmaker and they still do not address the fundamental issue of Console v PC aiming that affects her way more than it ever did Torb.

Deathmatch - I don't suppose they'd be willing to make adjustments to heroes since not everyone has equal kill potential...which was fine since the games revolved around an objective, but it's not gonna be hard to see that the offensive classes are going to have a major advantage here over anyone else.

Veelk

Banned
They're a little unspecific as to how the mines are gonna work.

Does this mean Junkrat can now throw out 2 mines at once and detonate both? Or does the first one disappear if you throw out the second?

With regards to Roadhog:

This is beyond disappointing. What's the point of "being able to play more aggressive" when you have a confetti shooter for a gun?

What am I going to do? Aggressively charge the enemy teams ult now instead of passively doing so?

Hope you're ready for Roadhogs new playstyle. We'll dub it...aggressive INT.

Talonz

They're a little unspecific as to how the mines are gonna work.

Does this mean Junkrat can now throw out 2 mines at once and detonate both? Or does the first one disappear if you throw out the second?

If both are placed the last one you placed will go boom and the other one will disappear. I just checked it out on PTR.

Veelk

Banned
If both are placed the last one you placed will go boom and the other one will disappear. I just checked it out on PTR.

Okay, so Junk can hold 2 mines at once, but he can only have 1 placed at a time. That's still a really good buff, and it's gonna do alot not just for his maneuverability but being able to do damage as well. A mine does 120 damage. Throw out 2 one after another and can do 240 damage to a hero pretty quick.

Can you get a picture of Orisa's new barrier? I'm curious to see how much larger that thing is too.

Gurrry

With regards to Roadhog:

This is beyond disappointing. What's the point of "being able to play more aggressive" when you have a confetti shooter for a gun?

What am I going to do? Aggressively charge the enemy teams ult now instead of passively doing so?

Exactly. Really pathetic from Blizzard.

Again, they have the philosophy of "let the meta play out" with some heroes, but not others.

They made hooking harder and harder and harder, so that when you DO hook someone, you are rewarded for it.

Now, hooking is harder than ever, and you still cant get kills.

So I ask, what is the point of playing the hero when you can easily play someone else who hasnt been completely ruined? Spoiler, there isnt one.

Gorillaz

I was literally thinking about that widow mine thing a few weeks ago. Pay me jeff. Also lmao at hog being gone and junkrat of all people getting even more wiggle room. I might be done playing tanks brehs.

ALSO YALL THOUGHT S KOREA WAS JOKING ABOUT THAT JUNKRAT THEY RAN BEFORE

Kakaroach

Roadhog will feed more ult charge with that "buff". I got the game right as they nerfed him, but I would love to have old Roadhog back at this point.

Chance

Roadhog will feed more ult charge with that "buff". I got the game right as they nerfed him, but I would love to have old Roadhog back at this point.

Isn't ult charge based on damage done? If it reduces damage done to him, it's impossible for it to result in more charge.

Veelk

Banned
Hey, LiK- can Junkrat use triple-jump and get from spawn to the first point on Eichenwalde Attack? Seems like it would be close, at least.

Yes, I just tested it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ZDbxsqENQ&feature=em-upload_owner

However, it's a high risk, high reward sort of thing.

1. You're very likely to fail. Junkrat's conclusion mines can be really finicky with the physics, as you can see.

2. Even if you make it, you're not gonna have your mines with you.

So if you're gonna go for it, you better be careful.

LiK

Hey, LiK- can Junkrat use triple-jump and get from spawn to the first point on Eichenwalde Attack? Seems like it would be close, at least.

My jumping mine skills are limited. I'm usually on the ground more so I'm not one to ask. But this buff will make me more mobile tho.

Sec0nd

Been really finding it hard to judge the use of Doomfist. I've been playing him a bit in competitive now. Starting out I flat out sucked, but I'm getting the hang of it. Playing other DPS characters it's easy to see if you pull your weight. You just see if you're getting the medals. But playing Doomfist I'm noticing it's hard to get the 'important' dps medals. I mean, your not doing a bunch of ranged damage to enemies to get the assist elims along side your actual kills. What I did notice is that playing Doomfist, I'm getting huge amounts of final blows. AKA getting important picks.

So I'm kind of thinking about whats more beneficial to the team. More spread out DPS, hitting a bit of everyone or a pinpoint pick machine. Doing massive burst damage in short amounts. What do you guys think?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess I just don't get the issues people have with Doomfist. His whole character feeds harder than any other hero in the game, he's so easy to fuck as soon as he goes in with his giant hitbox and predictable cooldowns. He pretty much does well when hes on a team that's already winning so he snowballs but I don't see him getting clean picks without almost always throwing his own life away in an even fight.

Kakaroach

Isn't ult charge based on damage done? If it reduces damage done to him, it's impossible for it to result in more charge.
Oh I didn't know that. Still, he will heal more and then just come back to feed more ult charge? I haven't played enough Roadhog to think he's very good, but this won't fix him.

Top Bottom