• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Nepenthe

I guess because I'm new I got a nice bit of Summer legendaries- Lucio's white outfit, D.Va's, Genji's, and Mercy's. Not a bad haul, but damn did I want either Soldier's, Junkrat's or Reaper's. Knew I couldn't get the 3000 coin for any of them, so I just spent what I had on Frogboy's other Summer lines, emotes, and things. Gonna grind it out today and just hope for the best.

So I looked it up, McCree minimum damage is 20. A bump to 30-35 would be greatly appreciated.

Inb4 git gub noob, talking bout on console where pretty much any primary shot takes skill.

I also stand by reducing his cooldowns.

MCD

So I looked it up, McCree minimum damage is 20. A bump to 30-35 would be greatly appreciated.

Inb4 git gub noob, talking bout on console where pretty much any primary shot takes skill.

McCree damage is already cancerous. Please no.

Console here.

Yeah minimum damage to at least 30 would be good although I don't think he needs reduced cooldowns.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
As if Doomfist isn't getting nerfed enough this patch between the hitbox nerf and junkrat and orisa buffs, the Mercy change basically makes her a hard counter to Doomfist now too. Now you have to kill two people with your one hit kill to create a 6v5 situation, and that ability to create 6v5 is the only reason he's any good at all.

Nah if anything single hit characters need nerfing on console due to Blizzard basically not even trying to combat mouse and keyboard cheaters.

Lulz.

Lulz @ cancerous.

I just think roll is such a shit ability that 8 seconds is too much.

Roll is an insanely powerful ability because of the free reload. Being able to continue firing in a big team fight or catching any tank with 2 full fan the hammer clips is crazy. McCree's damage output still feels broken at times.

It more common than that, besides it only takes a minority to ruin things game for majority.
1) Do you have any type of source for that statistic?
2) What do you think is more of an issue right now on console; kb/m widows and mccree's or pharmercies?
Roll is an insanely powerful ability because of the free reload. Being able to continue firing in a big team fight or catching any tank with 2 full fan the hammer clips is crazy. McCree's damage output still feels broken at times.

yeah roll is hardly useless

I agree the reload is good. They can nerf FTH damage to 30 to compensate, I believe it's 45 rn.

Having your only mobility option on 8 seconds sucks imo. Flashbang is a great ability but when your team is getting flanked by tracer and genji that 10 seconds is an eternity.

2) What do you think is more of an issue right now on console; kb/m widows and mccree's or pharmercies?

They both problems, you don't fix one by making the other even worse.

You can tell when it being used in kill cams, mouse users make movements just not done on a thumbstick.

R0ckman

The thing about him and a lot of tips from overwatch vets is that there is an assumption that your team is competent enough to provide support needed to make him effective. Now its no problem if you find enviornmental cover yourself to hide, but because almost all heroes other than him have ways to close the distance between you and him within seconds, he's pretty much screwed if all eyes are in him.

Prelude.

When D.Va is still in the mech and you wait for DM to go down hoping you can time grav properly, the grav goes off and you get a team wipe. FeelsGoodMan
I didn't play Zarya for a while, but now with the grav buff she's so rewarding and fun.

exYle

Lulz.

Lulz @ cancerous.

I just think roll is such a shit ability that 8 seconds is too much.

I've always been of the opinion that the roll and the free reload should be on separate timers, on the same ability. Stick a circle above the ability like Symmetra's turrets or Tracer's blink - that has an 8 second cooldown and is the reload. The roll itself should be on like a 3-4 second cooldown. That way you can roll sometimes without getting the free reload.

They both problems, you don't fix one by making the other even worse.

You can tell when it being used in kill cams, mouse users make movements just not done on a thumbstick.

I see this sentiment a lot but I still feel that this community is getting a lot more false positives than hits when accusing others of M+KB. For the record, I believe a lot (not all, but a decent amount) of suspicious aiming can be explained by a really high sensitivity and custom length thumbsticks.

The thing about him and a lot of tips from overwatch vets is that there is an assumption that your team is competent enough to provide support needed to make him effective. Now its no problem if you find enviornmental cover yourself to hide, but because almost all heroes other than him have ways to close the distance between you and him within seconds, he's pretty much screwed if all eyes are in him.

Agreed. In solo Q you almost never get that support. If they have a Pharah, you're supposed to be able to delete her immediately with no help from anyone.

If you do, they eventually start to focus you while you prioritize Pharah and a tracer or genji wreck you while you duel her.

In quick play I'm actually thinking keyboard Widows are out in a surprisingly high amount (unless it's possible to replicate those sudden speedy snaps with sensitivity on the controller, I've never tried myself).
Pharmercy is surely a bigger deal in competitive but I haven't been in there much as of the last three seasons so I'm guessing really.

Ideally we'd just get some kind of console balancing full stop, but that ain't happening, we should be thankful it's not still Torb town over here.

R0ckman

Agreed. In solo Q you almost never get that support. If they have a Pharah, you're supposed to be able to delete her immediately with no help from anyone.

If you do, they eventually start to focus you while you prioritize Pharah and a tracer or genji wreck you while you duel her.

Lol speaking of which just got out of a game where I had a Reinhardt with me, dude is just sitting there watching me duel a Bastion, I'm at low health, Bastion is not in turret from, this moron isnt putting his sheild up for me, sheild is fully charged, just watching me duel him.

Lol speaking of which just got out of a game where I had a Reinhardt with me, dude is just sitting there watching me duel a Bastion, I'm at low health, Bastion is not in turret from, this moron isnt putting his sheild up for me, sheild is fully charged, just watching me duel him.

Lulz, priceless.

Gotta love the solo Q shenanigans in this game.

Alright guys. Whats a good key for push to talk? I currently use alt. What does everyone else use?

I personally use open mic and just toggle mute. It's easier for me to do that. The key I use to toggle mute is F. I see people either use mouse 5 or ` as a push to talk key.

F is probably an uncomfortable key to use. I play with a really messed up WASD position. I coin it as "claw position" but w/e.

In quick play I'm actually thinking keyboard Widows are out in a surprisingly high amount (unless it's possible to replicate those sudden speedy snaps with sensitivity on the controller, I've never tried myself).
Pharmercy is surely a bigger deal in competitive but I haven't been in there much as of the last three seasons so I'm guessing really.

Ideally we'd just get some kind of console balancing full stop, but that ain't happening, we should be thankful it's not still Torb town over here.
Well you can alter sensitivity, smoothing, aim assist and aim styles and that's not getting in to using 3rd party controllers, analog sticks or analog stick attachments. I just really don't think refusing to counter balance something that is plaguing all skill levels and the vast majority of players and what the game is intended to be played with because a very, very small subset may be using a m/kb. That's silly.

Pics_nao

Welp. Didn't get a change to play all weekend so I bought 50 lootboxes

Got Biker Reaper, both Track Tracers, Both Soccer Lucios, Summer Widow. Had enough coins to buy both Sombra and Mercy. Just glad to have Sombra's.

Any word on when PTR changes hit the main game? Loving the Mercy changes

Welp. Didn't get a change to play all weekend so I bought 50 lootboxes

Got Biker Reaper, both Track Tracers, Both Soccer Lucios, Summer Widow. Had enough coins to buy both Sombra and Mercy. Just glad to have Sombra's.

Any word on when PTR changes hit the main game? Loving the Mercy changes

That's terrible actually.

2 new event skins for 50 boxes.

Satch

Banned
Overwatch community is crazy. 3 and a half years of dota2 and somehow Overwatch has managed to provide an overall worse experience in less than half the time.

I'm really curious to see how things work out in Season 6 and what accommodations they make in the future to combat the stubborn attitudes. I will say that I think some of the fundamental ways the game works probably amplifies frustrations in the playerbase. It's an incredible shit soup that Blizzard has cooked up lmfao

R0ckman

Just curious, in comp do people who threaten to throw games if people don't use the comps they want or choose a less effective character successful in this, do they players they threaten freak out and the whole group go down hill from there?

Prelude.

Got to 2945 and then late night OW happened and I'm still at 2908. Hopefully I can get some games in tomorrow, I'm so close, dammit.
I seriously hope the sr drop for the new placements is dead and buried so I can start from here again.

For some reason I'm climbing when solo queuing and dropping when grouping up, it's weird. That's not how OW works usually.

Alucrid

Banned
insane

JL1lUci.gif

Decided to buy some boxes before the event ends since I won't be able to play. I think my luck just splurged in this one box. Gotten everything but Mercy and Widow so I ended up buying the Widow one with coins and just leaving the Mercy one out since I'm already using the Witch skin and didn't have any legendary skin for widow.

MCD

Played with Legacy and lost two king of the hill games

One because no one wants to go healer or tank

Two same reason plus a Sombra who didn't ult once in three rounds

Jesus Christ what's going on with this game

The Sombra was diamond too. A diamond player throwing why just why on earth.

And oh yeah they all refused to talk/party up. GG

Played with Legacy and lost two king of the hill games

One because no one wants to go healer or tank

Two same reason plus a Sombra who didn't ult once in three rounds

Jesus Christ what's going on with this game

The Sombra was diamond too. A diamond player throwing why just why on earth.

And oh yeah they all refused to talk/party up. GG

Diamonds are the ultimate trolls/throwers.

I just don't understand it. We are trying so hard to get to Diamond and they don't care. I don't mind losing every game if we can have fun/hard fights but losing because of trolls is sad.

I agree.

The ability to lose your shiny emblem next season will help hopefully. What would really help is giving comp points for where you ended the season, not your highest rank.

Blues1990

I agree.

The ability to lose your shiny emblem next season will help hopefully. What would really help is giving comp points for where you ended the season, not your highest rank.

Speaking personally, I'd rather not start off where I ended last season, as a combination of throwers, poor communication, & jerks have tanked my SR.

Top Bottom