• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

leng jai

I'm surprised this game doesn't get more shit for its loot system. There's essentially no way to reliably buy which skins you want, even with money. You should get like 5 coins every time you win a match or something along those lines, right now it's a RNG shit show.

I'm surprised this game doesn't get more shit for its loot system. There's essentially no way to reliably buy which skins you want, even with money. You should get like 5 coins every time you win a match or something along those lines, right now it's a RNG shit show.
Honestly it used to be better because you would get dupes all the time which meant coins

Didn't they say they'd give more currency for dupes? Or did they in the end just make currency drop more often.
I'm gettin 2 to 4 dupes right now every box, but I think that's because I own every summer event item.

kurahador

It used to be; dupes >> currency >>>>>>> legendary.
Now it's; item-you-didn't-get-yet > currency > dupes >>>>>>> legendary

It slows the gold grinding immensely. New players pretty much shit out of luck because the system prioritize stuff you didn't get yet, so no gold for you!!

Yesterday I got to my highest ever competitive score.

10 games of Competitive today. Lost 9. Won 1. Fucking hell. Lost close to 200 sr.

This game. This fucking game.

edgefusion

Winston quad-kill.

PotG?

Widowmaker. Miss, miss, miss, miss, accidental headshot, miss, miss, miss. Sharpshooter.

This game hates me.

Edit lol, again. Nevermind the triple-kill that won us the game, McCree deadeye'd Pharmercy, better PotG that!

Throwers in any mode r the literal worst tbh

Overwatch suffers from throwers because the matchmaking is garbage. Regularly matching up excellent players against not so good ones, people get despondent and want to just get it over with.

Nazo

Literally every match I play I'm teamed against GM players. Like, seriously? I'm not that good. Or at least I'm not anymore.

Its really ruining my enjoyment of the game. I can't just have a fun casual match of QP anymore or I get put against people far and above my skill tier.

They need to fix their match making. I remember a few weeks ago when I did my placements that I qued with a friend (both of us high plat, formally low diamond in previous seasons before the placement changes) and we qued against a team of what were essentially bronze players. Some people on the opposing team had as little as like 2 hours on their most played character. They were brand new players to the game. It was a complete stop. I legitimately felt bad afterwards.

That shit should never happen.

caesar

Banned
Literally every match I play I'm teamed against GM players. Like, seriously? I'm not that good. Or at least I'm not anymore.

Its really ruining my enjoyment of the game. I can't just have a fun casual match of QP anymore or I get put against people far and above my skill tier.

They need to fix their match making. I remember a few weeks ago when I did my placements that I qued with a friend (both of us high plat, formally low diamond in previous seasons before the placement changes) and we qued against a team of what were essentially bronze players. Some people on the opposing team had as little as like 2 hours on their most played character. They were brand new players to the game. It was a complete stop. I legitimately felt bad afterwards.

That shit should never happen.

Play comp?

Kysen

Wow that was cutting it close, made it in with 1 day to go. Some crazy luck near the end, my last three matches had 3 mercy mains on the enemy team.
cvTlq0v.png
Climbed 500SR on this account.

Some random stuff:
-Didn't see a single round of Route 66 this season.
-SR gains were tilted in my favour all season. Gained more than I lost throughout.
-Crazy comps worked best, such as sym + hanzo + solo heal

Nepenthe

Got blamed by Reinhardt for being on speedboost when he died when A.) I wasn't, and B.) I ulted on top of his face and he still died.

After that, got put on a team with a guy who in the previous match kept calling our Genji a nigger, and after arguing with him in chat I had to show out and take three gold medals. The racist fucker.

This game is fun.

MCD

Played three solo games today and no one wanted to play healer. We are talking about diamond players here.

Me and a guy I queued twice with went Zen and Mercy. Some folks can be really selfish. Like how can you look at the team comp and say: yup no healer this gonna work guys!

I am now 100% sure that 95% of hanzo players are utter trash. Not only are they trash, they fuck up the game to such an extent that it's no fun anymore.

Fuck Hanzo players and fuck blizzard for not doing anything about it.

Played three solo games today and no one wanted to play healer. We are talking about diamond players here.

Me and a guy I queued twice with went Zen and Mercy. Some folks can be really selfish. Like how can you look at the team comp and say: yup no healer this gonna work guys!

Yeah, it's ridiculous. And then when the game ends in an obvious defeat they're all quick to spam "Thanks" like it was everyone's fault but theirs.

I've come to realise that being someone who fills in what the team needs basically just means being a support or tank main, because there's never any shortage of DPS heroes.

I had a game earlier with 5 DPS's and me as Mercy. About 10 seconds left of the assemble team screen and the guy as Genji deselects him. Finally, I think, someone sees that we need at least one tank....they select Hanzo. Oh good.

Ohmergerd I finally get a legendary event skin right at the end of the event... and it's the one I want. First time since Christmas that has happened. I'm legit surprised. :O

Somehow they knew, I was getting ready to just eject the disc completely in disgust.

Nimby

Banned
eUnited struggling against a new team that just had roster changes.

Sinatraa carrying C9, their supports are also doing good. Boombox and morte getting focused so hard, and eUnited just falls apart.

Nimby

Banned
eUnited's supports got sandwiched in a corner, and unfixed on D.Va is on the other side of the map. Feels like my matches.

Where was the counter dive when sinatraa and mowzassa dove onto boombox and morte? They seemed uncontested up on the high ground and got two free kills because of it.

Cappa

Banned
She's hard af to play. I've always said that people below Master/GM that want an Ana over a Mercy are crazy, even on PC (and obviously on consoles).
No friendly fire assist on consoles makes her unplayable even at high levels. I'd still rather have a Zen over Ana/mercy lol

MartyStu

She's hard af to play. I've always said that people below Master/GM that want an Ana over a Mercy are crazy, even on PC (and obviously on consoles).

Yeah, I know and agree.

I really hope Blizzard has a plan for supports because poor Ana is getting left behind at lower ranks.

I am thinking that I should start playing Comp. Ana, Lucio and Rein are my most played heroes in QP, but they all feel sort of wasted in that mode.

antitrop

I am thinking that I should start playing Comp. Ana, Lucio and Rein are my most played heroes in QP, but they all feel sort of wasted in that mode.

Ana is plenty satisfying to play in QP, but Rein and Lucio... yeah.

Even DSPStanky didn't play Lucio in QP, lol

I saw a 200hp Ana lose a 1v1 to a critical health zen last night on ps4. Remember when they nerfed her damage on console for no reason. Good times.

exYle

I saw a 200hp Ana lose a 1v1 to a critical health zen last night on ps4. Remember when they nerfed her damage on console for no reason. Good times.

The parity between PC and console makes sense for a number of situations, but the Ana one doesn't at all. Honestly, I didn't think she even needed that first nerf to the healing grenade - all of her OPness compensated for the fact that it was hard as fuck to heal with her.

Somewhat unrelated, but Pharmercy is still a nightmare to deal with on console. But I can't really think of a nerf to Pharah that won't cripple her in a lot of situations. Instead, I kind of wish we still had McSniper. McCree isn't really that great on console but that damage falloff really hurts his anti-air capabilities, and we really need strong AA.

The parity between PC and console makes sense for a number of situations, but the Ana one doesn't at all. Honestly, I didn't think she even needed that first nerf to the healing grenade - all of her OPness compensated for the fact that it was hard as fuck to heal with her.

Somewhat unrelated, but Pharmercy is still a nightmare to deal with on console. But I can't really think of a nerf to Pharah that won't cripple her in a lot of situations. Instead, I kind of wish we still had McSniper. McCree isn't really that great on console but that damage falloff really hurts his anti-air capabilities, and we really need strong AA.

Yup, any halfway decent Pharah will stay far enough back that you can barely do any damage.

Not sure what McCree minimum damage is, but it needs to be like 30-35.

NeoRaider

Can't get enough coins for 1! skin. Event is ending tomorrow and i can't grind 3k coins before it ends.

I have to admit that i wasn't playing the game before the event and had only 500 coins but i am at 1.5k now. After 3 weeks! I am not getting duplicates at all, and loot boxes only give me old summer skins (Legendary) and icons.

It looks like i am ending this event with just 2 skins, McCree and Sombra. lol

Can't get enough coins for 1! skin. Event is ending tomorrow and i can't grind 3k coins before it ends.

I have to admit that i wasn't playing the game before the event and had only 500 coins but i am at 1.5k now. After 3 weeks! I am not getting duplicates at all, and loot boxes only give me old summer skins (Legendary) and icons.

It looks like i am ending this event with just 2 skins, McCree and Sombra. lol

Consider yourself lucky, I've opened 41 event boxes...I have the Widow event skin.

The real news is people can't keep their highest tier icon anymore if they drop below it. Some people only play to flaunt those icons so this will hopefully make them try a lil harder to keep it.

Should only reward what you have at end of season too, to stop the masses off assholes deranking near season end.

Now that I know that I can eventually buy event skins for a fraction of the original price I feel less incentivized to get them.

I hate myself for buying two x50 boxes last year for that shitty summer games event. The skins weren't even that good either.

exYle

Wish there was something else I could spend my comp points on. Think they'll ever expand beyond gold guns?

I don't think so, as Kaplan has even stated that he regrets tieing golden guns to comp points.

Yup, any halfway decent Pharah will stay far enough back that you can barely do any damage.

Not sure what McCree minimum damage is, but it needs to be like 30-35.

I think it's like low 20s, which is pitiful.

Imo for both changes the fix is simple for console; revert her biotic rifle nerf and decrease her grenade CD by a few seconds to make it easier to hit mobile allies, to counteract it they could reduce the anti-heal by 50%.

And yeah, McCree should still have damage falloff but it should be lessened.

If they did that and reverted the Hog nerf I'd actually be optimistic about the game again.

pizzacat

Banned
A zen can kill an ana faster than she can kill him

If he was critical why didn't the ana just melee, if they weren't in melee range then this prolly wasn't a 1v1

Dmg nerf does nothing to ana especially on console in this situation

Blues1990

I only got Reaper's skin, which is cool. The rest look awful, I'm keeping my coins.

I like Grillmaster:76 for the thought of how ridiculous it looks. Even the character's voice lines for this skin are on-point. Junkrat's Cricket skin is a close second. I also like Reaper's BMX Legendary, but I wished it had some references to the sport with new voice lines.

I didn't care for Mercy's Winged Victory Legendary, as I thought that was the weakest new cosmetic out of the bunch.

Got a bunch of skins but none I wanted.

Beach McCree
USA McCree
GB Track Tracer
Track Tracer
Grillmaster 76
Base game hog legendary
Base game Widow legendary
Legendary Gold.

Got Lucio ball highlight but don't like it.

What I wanted is Widow, Mercy, Reaper, Zarya Red and Sombra event skins. I can buy 4 of them at least if I need to.

Top Bottom