• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

The real news is people can't keep their highest tier icon anymore if they drop below it. Some people only play to flaunt those icons so this will hopefully make them try a lil harder to keep it.

Prelude.

I just received points for a loss. Guess I'll take them?

We pushed the payload on Eichenwalde until the door and didn't get the 2-0 but 1-0, on defense we stalled on that point for an eternity and when I thought we had it, it gave 2 to the other team, ended 1-2 and saw the defeat screen. I backed out and I went from 282X to 2860.

6.png
"Do you have an account able to queue with a plat?"
"I don't think so."

QP:
Their team - 2 DPS 2 Tanks 2 Healers
Our team - 6 DPS

I don't give a shit since it's QP, but it just amazes me how every time it works out like that.

Lol my experience is from Masters/GM. But yeah its super iffy today.

I think it'll probably stretch across all ranks at this point in the season. You're probably going to get about 10% of people trying to make a last minute push to a new rank, and 90% people accepting where they're at and just not caring anymore.

It's kinda pointless to complain about comp at the end of the season but goddam lol

Almost every game you get 4-5 people all picking offense heroes.

Oh well.

Really cant wait for the Deathmatch patch. I'm hoping it clears the instalock DPS people out of the main modes.

antitrop

For Gold, I went: Roadhog, Junkrat, Mercy, Zenyatta, Sombra

I'll get another 3000CP in a few days for ending the season in GM, but I'm not 100% sure who to get it for, yet. I'll probably end up getting for Ana.

I love having the Golden Balls for Zen, they look so good with the Sanzang skin.

Hey, If Zen was your first golden gun choice then that makes us golden bros!

image.php

(man, my D.Va usage dropped off a lot after her first notable rework for some reason)

Nah, I've only been able to get two so far and my first went to Junkrat. Zen is probably up next, then Lucio, then Symmetra. I should hopefully get another Golden by the end of next season.

Love when players take their issues from previous matches into a new one. Some kid on Mei decides to purposely throw (And block us with ice walls) because we got paired with a really good PharMercy duo.

For Gold, I went: Roadhog, Junkrat, Mercy, Zenyatta, Sombra

I'll get another 3000CP in a few days for ending the season in GM, but I'm not 100% sure who to get it for, yet. I'll probably end up getting for Ana.

I love having the Golden Balls for Zen, they look so good with the Sanzang skin.

Really wish I had that skin, I'll jus buy it next event.

They look pretty good on Skelly zen tho.

JayCB

Good season for me overall, broke into Masters for the first time after being Diamond for 3 seasons, so I'm really happy. I slumped back into Diamond last week after hitting the 3600's, but tonight I managed to sneak back to Masters.

Re: Golden guns - I have D.Va, Sombra and Zen's golds. Between the Lucioball and Comp payout I'll have enough for another, but I've no idea what to get. McCree maybe.

R0ckman

How come Widow appears so much in quick play? I'm feeling more polite today but I don't want to say that they are all stupid but even on the enemy team when I stalk them with Winston they refuse to switch. Dont understand what goes on in their heads. She is appearing more than hanzo now.

Also I've been abscent from the game for about 6 months maybe right after the christmas event? Did something change in matchmaking? Most of my bad games back then were due to bad compositions bad decisions in game etc, but now I want all most all my bad games are from people who are actually terrible at the game mechanically, by that I mean people constantly dying the second they get into encounters.

How come Widow appears so much in quick play? I'm feeling more polite today but I don't want to say that they are all stupid but even on the enemy team when I stalk them with Winston they refuse to switch. Dont understand what goes on in their heads.

Also I've been abscent from the game for about 6 months maybe right after the christmas event? Did something change in matchmaking? Most of my bad games back then were due to bad compositions bad decisions in game etc, but now I want all most all my bad games are from people who are actually terrible at the game mechanically, by that I mean people constantly dying the second they get into encounters.

MM is my biggest gripe with the game. The only thing it seems to be consistent with is putting dogshit hanzo and genji mains on my team.

And I know I say this shit all the time, but please for the love of everything holy...give us a solo only Q for comp blizzard.

I constantly get put against 4-5-6 stacks as a solo player. Does my team gets stacks, yeah sometimes, but 9/10 times they never enter chat and all go dps.

matmanx1

I've just come back from a very long break also. I've done a little bit of QP over the last week or so but loaded up some Mystery Heroes tonight and had a blast with it. Somehow just won an Attack on Hanamura in which we contested their second point for well over 2 minutes and were well into overtime when we won. It was intense in the best way.

I left because of all the tilting in Comp and how I was allowing it to effect my attitude. I haven't played since Christmas so a good 9 months off. I'm finally to the point where I want to play and have rediscovered the "fun" and I hope it lasts.

As for Competitive play, well, I'm drawn to it but its not worth it if it kills the fun for me. We'll see.

3 DPS, 2 snipers and 1 begrudging healer who had to choose between that or tank is really the new meta on console at least.
Embrace the madness.

Thats like 60% of my games in quickplay. And I'm the person who has to choose either tank or healer.

At least for me thats how it is, since the game places me with a wide variety of players. One game I'll be grouped with like level 5 - 20 people that don't know what they're doing, then the next a group of at least platinum ranked players and we have a great game.

My wife, who is missing most of the Summer Games items having never played it last year, just bought 11 loot boxes and got 5 duplicate summer games voice lines...

Wow, that's terrible.

I bought the game after SG event was already over last year, I haven't gotten any dupes but most if not all my loot was last year's for like the first 10-15 boxes.

I opened event box #40 earlier and I still only have one of the event skins from this year. I got like 3 regular legendaries the old tracer event skin and coins.

Wow, that's terrible.

I bought the game after SG event was already over last year, I haven't gotten any dupes but most if not all my loot was last year's for like the first 10-15 boxes.

I opened event box #40 earlier and I still only have one of the event skins from this year. I got like 3 regular legendaries the old tracer event skin and coins.

Thats bad luck too :(

She just opened 2 more and theyre both duplicate event sprays. Its 7 in a row.

I didnt get any duplicates until I only needed 14 items left total for the whole event.

Blues1990

Thats bad luck too :(

She just opened 2 more and theyre both duplicate event sprays. Its 7 in a row.

I didnt get any duplicates until I only needed 14 items left total for the whole event.

Possibly the worst luck I ever had with the loot boxes was when I purchased McCree's American skin with the coins I had, only to get it when I opened my free Summer Games loot box soon after.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So far I got lucio soccer, tracer and junkrat.

I'm happy about the junkrat one but it sucks that I haven't gotten any other of the new ones.

kurahador

My checklist:
You'd think with the "no dupe" patch, I would be getting the new skins by now....NOPE.
MORE DUPES!!!!!

What's the point of no dupe patch if the loot boxes are still giving me dupes Blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancirawr

How come Widow appears so much in quick play? I'm feeling more polite today but I don't want to say that they are all stupid but even on the enemy team when I stalk them with Winston they refuse to switch. Dont understand what goes on in their heads. She is appearing more than hanzo now.

Yeah this has been my experience coming back to the game after a huge lapse. Play PS4 mostly and PC sometimes and I was shocked to see how many console Widowmakers there were in QP. Just odd frankly, especially as someone who loves playing Winston and D.va.

That said I'm pretty bummed I didn't play for most of this Summer Games. I forgot how fun Lucioball is and I haven't gotten that sweet Mercy skin yet (and probably won't -_-)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every FPS I play I feel like a get a little better with each hour spent

with Overwatch it just depends on the day of the week

My checklist:

You'd think with the "no dupe" patch, I would be getting the new skins by now....NOPE.
MORE DUPES!!!!!

What's the point of no dupe patch if the loot boxes are still giving me dupes Blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you getting repeated dupes of legendaries, or are you expecting boxes to open up 4 legendaries when the commons are used up?

kurahador

Are you getting repeated dupes of legendaries, or are you expecting boxes to open up 4 legendaries when the commons are used up?

I'm just expecting 1 legendary at least per I dunno...10 boxes at this point --- didn't even get that.
Keep getting 1 event dupes even though I didn't get everything yet.

Also, throughout this event, I never --- not even once get more than 2 event items per box. And my legendaries were always normal --- obviously aside from that Sombra skin.
Those last year's skins were bought with credits.

leng jai

As far as I'm concerned the no dupes change has been worse. It takes forever to get coins now so unless you've had a bunch saved up it's impossible to buy what you want.

kurahador

Seriously, I feel like it doesn't make any sense to employ no dupe change yet still keeping the legendaries drop super low. It's not like I can trade the skin for money like Dota 2 or CSGO.

Wow, I should have just stayed in the 2400s.

Down to like 2350 after 4 stomps in a row, not even close. Placed against 4 and 5 man premades again all 4 games.

Blues1990

Wow, I should have just stayed in the 2400s.

Down to like 2350 after 4 stomps in a row, not even close. Placed against 4 and 5 man premades again all 4 games.

At this point, I'm just waiting out until the new Season starts. It feels self-defeating to try to rank up, and I'm going to wait and see if the new changes to Season 6 will fix some of the issues that have plagued Competitive Mode.

Been getting a lot of wins of late so, in true Overwatch fashion, I now have to lose loads in order to even out my win/loss ratio.

Just been on a 6 game loss streak. Every one of those game with at least 4 team mates immediately locking in DPS characters and not giving a fuck about the team. So much fun.

Top Bottom