• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I fucking hate it when you kill someone whilst they're about to Ult and they come back next life and Ult.

Just had a moment on Anubis as a Rein vs. a Rein. He says "Hammer dow..." but before he can finish that thought I've already charged into him and battered shit out of him.

2 seconds later. HEROES NEVER DIE.

Want to go again do you, Rein? Let's go! "HAMMER DOWN!" Wait, what? I just fucking stopped that! Now I'm the dead one.

It's bollocks. The second someone presses their Ult button the Ult should be gone.

I fucking hate it when you kill someone whilst they're about to Ult and they come back next life and Ult.

Just had a moment on Anubis as a Rein vs. a Rein. He says "Hammer dow..." but before he can finish that thought I've already charged into him and battered shit out of him.

Want to go again do you, Rein? Let's go! "HAMMER DOWN!" Wait, what? I just fucking stopped that! Now I'm the dead one.

It's bollocks. The second someone presses their Ult button the Ult should be gone.

It fuckin blows dude. I hate that shit as well.

Certain heroes get a extra couple seconds before it even counts as using Ult. Think someone said it because of latency or something but it's damn sure not consistent for all heroes.

Veelk

Banned
Whelp, I was forced to buy dad76. Goodbye 3k coins.

Thanks for the great RNG, Blizz.

I know that feeling. I already had Dad76 (worthless) and Lifeguard McCree (not bad, but I prefer Blackwatch) and Beach Widowmaker (...I like her. For reasons.). I also managed to land 2 of the old summer skins, both of which I didn't want (I already had the alternative variation of it anyway).

So of the 7 new skins, I had 3 of them, and only 2 of them I didn't want. What I do want is BMX Reaper and Goddess Mercy. After buying more lootboxes, I finally manage to get....

Diver Sombra. Like.....I don't mind her, definitely want her more than Dad76, but the RNG always seems to give me the kinds I don't want.

Same shit happened toward the end of Anniversary. I had 1 skin of 3 that I really wanted, bought lootboxes, and managed to get the two legendaries I specifically don't want.

Imma try to get a last handful of lootboxes later tomorrow, but knowing my luck, it'll give me cricket junkrat. I have no use for cricket.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was only able to actually get Junkrat's new skin and 2 old ones with at least 2 boxes per day. I feel like that's a good amount of boxes and shit RNG to only get 1 new skin.

Blues1990

I know that feeling. I already had Dad76 (worthless) and Lifeguard McCree (not bad, but I prefer Blackwatch) and Beach Widowmaker (...I like her. For reasons.). I also managed to land 2 of the old summer skins, both of which I didn't want (I already had the alternative variation of it anyway).

So of the 7 new skins, I had 3 of them, and only 2 of them I didn't want. What I do want is BMX Reaper and Goddess Mercy. After buying more lootboxes, I finally manage to get....

Diver Sombra. Like.....I don't mind her, definitely want her more than Dad76, but the RNG always seems to give me the kinds I don't want.

Same shit happened toward the end of Anniversary. I had 1 skin of 3 that I really wanted, bought lootboxes, and managed to get the two legendaries I specifically don't want.

Imma try to get a last handful of lootboxes later tomorrow, but knowing my luck, it'll give me cricket junkrat. I have no use for cricket.

When they presented the new Loot Box changes, I pretty much got a new item for every box that I've opened (Seasonal or otherwise).

I don't know. I like the new changes, and I'm still getting a good chunk of change from the duplicates that pop up. Maybe it's because I've had better luck this time around.

kurahador

Bought 11 loot boxes because that is how much stuff left I need from the anniversary.
All anniversary dupes....
GTuWi.gif

R0ckman

Wait, on the official forums someone said that on PTR they removed Genji's visual queue for his deflect and you have to listen for it now or look at his sword position? I actually think I noticed this when I was fighting one.

Considering he is constantly jumping around and the game is full of screaming and explosions.... What the absolute **** is Blizzard thinking?

Edit: looks like its a bug, that needs hotfixed immediately.

Sometimes if an Ult is stopped fast enough it just spends a little bit of charge, so they die and have like 90% charge left.

Veelk

Banned

HEY, turns out I don't know my luck and first lootbox I get Biker Reaper!

With 3000 in the bank, I just bought Goddess Mercy and I am DONE with this event!

The only other skin I'd have to get is Junkrats and.....yeah, this is one skin I wouldn't wear if it paid me 3000 coins to select.

leng jai

Is there a confirmation of when this event ends exactly? I can't be fucked playing anymore tonight but this ridiculous RNG refuses to give me the last 25 coins I need.

AngryMoth

I got the Soldier skin and bought McRee.

Still got 2500 coins. I'm at about 60 unlocks on most characters, I'm wondering if I should buy up as many voice lines and sprays as I can afford so there is less junk in the pool of stuff I don't have for them to give me.

LiK

I don't recommend playing Comp during the last day since all you'll get are people messing around.

I got the Soldier skin and bought McRee.

Still got 2500 coins. I'm at about 60 unlocks on most characters, I'm wondering if I should buy up as many voice lines and sprays as I can afford so there is less junk in the pool of stuff I don't have for them to give me.

There's a threshold from what I've seen. I have almost everything but I'm still missing a bunch of skins for Ana and DF and the game is giving me 4 dupes per box without fail. Only got a few new purples here and there but I think after a certain amount of boxes, it's dupe city again.

Shredderi

This doesn't really pertain to any point made here lately, but I was just thinking: doesn't Winston have quite a lot of hard counters to him? Roadhog 1v1 is a theoretical impossiblity if both have full hp. Full HP Reaper is pretty impossible as well now that he can sponge hp out of Winston during the duel (he was always a winston counter but I could somehow manage with smart movement). D.Va was always pretty tough as well but with her added dps potential she is propably pretty impossible as well for a lone Winston. As a Winston main I just feel like my times with him has become tougher and tougher :p

R0ckman

This doesn't really pertain to any point made here lately, but I was just thinking: doesn't Winston have quite a lot of hard counters to him? Roadhog 1v1 is a theoretical impossiblity if both have full hp. Full HP Reaper is pretty impossible as well now that he can sponge hp out of Winston during the duel (he was always a winston counter but I could somehow manage with smart movement). D.Va was always pretty tough as well but with her added dps potential she is propably pretty impossible as well for a lone Winston. As a Winston main I just feel like my times with him has become tougher and tougher :p

You should be no where near those characters you mentioned.

AngryMoth

Sadly I think I'm gonna have to quit playing on PS4. I recently moved from Europe to China and it's been a complete lottery as to whether I'll be match with people from other regions and get unplayable levels of lag. Haven't been able to find a solution and the game runs like shit on my MBP so will have to get my fix from watching the pro scene maybe.

Phu

Banned
I had, by far, my worst luck with lootboxes during this event. Flipflop McCree, that's all. I'm sitting on enough coins to buy a few skins, but I dunno, I kinda want to save 'em in case something really good comes along.

Had enough time before getting ready for work this morning to earn one more loot box... two emotes, one victory pose and a small pile of coins. It looks like I'll finish with two epic skins and four legendary skins from the Summer Games event.

Just got the god awful Reaper skin, to go along with the god awful McCree skin, and the decent skins for Sombra and Junkrat.

I imagine that'll be my last legendary drop of the event, so looks like I'm going to have to buy they Mercy one (again).

I'll hold off and hope I have enough time for the 3 arcade boxes tomorrow, but it doesn't matter if not, there's far better Mercy skins already available anyway.

So after this even, my feeling on the loot boxes changes are conflicting.

Like, there is clearly a problem because after opening about 50 boxes in 3 weeks, My total credits has only gone up about by 1400.

However!

The way this current system is setup, credits will start to snowball. Every new item you get is one step closer to an item you don't have or more money to buy said item.

I'm currently sitting at about an average of 58 items owned per character. I feel like I'm right at the tipping point of starting to get duplicates non stop.

oh fuck. event ending? fml. i forgot to buy the new skins LMFAO. i hope it's still up before midnight.

i need to buy the mercy skin. and mccree. and some other stuff.

God, good Genjis are the worst thing in the world.
Good Genji's basically have the answer to everything, probably even Winston.

Nothing like popping that Genji trying to ult you from behind and then realising that in actually succeeding you made the mistake of succeeding too fast.

Prelude.

Finally found Widow's skin and I still have 7 hours to get 68 point to get to diamond.
Please, Papa Jeff, I got enough leavers and Hanzo non-mains burping in the mic for today, let me climb.

Prelude.

Nevermind, lost again and I'm 2908, McCree losing every stall because he wanted to flank ult (against D.Va) so we kept giving them the checkpoint for free, Ana blaming me and Zen despite me being the only reason we pushed the thing until 1 meter off the point. And her friend was on Torb, so yeah, standard cancer duo blaming everyone else but them.

It's like people don't know how overtime works. Yeah, they have 15 minutes respawn, let's not contest and win here.

Gurrry

Whelp, I was forced to buy dad76. Goodbye 3k coins.

Thanks for the great RNG, Blizz.

Yeah I gotta say, I hate that new lootbox system. I like not getting dupes, but I feel like ive been getting way less rare/legendarys since they did this.

I got one legendary since the update and it wasnt even a summer games skin.

R0ckman

Yeah I gotta say, I hate that new lootbox system. I like not getting dupes, but I feel like ive been getting way less rare/legendarys since they did this.

You guys sure? I seem to be getting a legendary garunteed by grinding every 5 levels. I got all the skins for free basically. Had some spare points on Amazon and just bought a 24 loot bundle to get the last few for this year. Already had last years.

Good Genji's basically have the answer to everything, probably even Winston.

Nothing like popping that Genji trying to ult you from behind and then realising that in actually succeeding you made the mistake of succeeding too fast.

Good Genji USUALLY run with a good team, without support Winston should be able to deal with him most of the time, chasing a Genji out if a fire fight is usually enough contribution as it is.

When Zen was insane, I was in group and told the Zen to discord Winston everytime he appeared to deal with our Genji, Winston instantly died over and over and our Genji just wrecked everything.

Finally found Widow's skin and I still have 7 hours to get 68 point to get to diamond.
Please, Papa Jeff, I got enough leavers and Hanzo non-mains burping in the mic for today, let me climb.

I believe.

Do it.

Meanwhile, I haven't touched ranked this season but did finish Competitive Lucioball this season at around 3400 :3

Gurrry

You guys sure? I seem to be getting a legendary garunteed by grinding every 5 levels. I got all the skins for free basically. Had some spare points on Amazon and just bought a 24 loot bundle to get the last few for this year. Already had last years.

It probably feels different for everyone, but I feel like I was getting way more before the patch. Even if it was just coins.

I wish I had a dollar for every chip-munching, mic-belching, bong-ripping, smoke-coughing, rap-music-blaring person I've muted in this game.

I'm getting legendaries pretty regularly. I was able to correctly predict that if I got 4 loot boxes last night I'd get a legendary drop from one and ended get a legendary in the last two boxes I opened. Only problem is I got a bunch of the Summer skins from last year, the only new one I got was Lifeguard McCree.

Not gonna use my coins on anything because blizz have made them seemingly impossible to get.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think the best reason to not spend coins on Summer Games skins is that Halloween is just around the corner... ^.^

Yeah, I was going to spend 7k coins for the Reaper skin, the Sombra skin and the old Zarya red one(already got the Widowmaker, Junkrat & McCree skins from free boxes), but decided to save myself 3k for Halloween(sorry Sombra) since coins are harder to come by for now until I start getting whites & blues dupes from the launch stuff(soon I hope).

randome

Do you guys think the reaper skin is worth 3k? He's my favorite character but the skin is kinda meh looking. Are the voice lines different or anything?

Top Bottom