• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

R0ckman

Pumpkin Reaper is still my favorite. The candles on the guns are just too cool.

Yeah, need to buy that one, can't wait for the new costumes. They really need to get on releasing year round ones, anniversary items should honestly be year round just new ones added every year.

Talonz

Geez... It takes a lot for them to perm ban someone.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758687468?page=4#post-72

Jeff -

We checked the IP address of the account you posted from and found a suspended account.
That account has a total of 2247 complaints filed against it -- making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen. The account has also been silenced for a total of 9216 hours. There are 3 gameplay suspensions on the account as well as 7 silences against this account (these are for abusive chat and/or spam). There is also a manual GM account suspension for "massive griefing" levied.

So I'm not sure if that's the account you're referring to or not, but someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

If that's not your account, please let us know what the BattleTag is and I'm happy to look into it further. The last thing we want is good, upstanding members of the community being punished unfairly.

Look at that guys track record.

randome

That game we got matched in together last night was fucking terrible. I'm sorry lol

Yep, pretty sure I'm going to be playing a lot less overwatch after that whole night. I had leavers all night, then when I asked friends to play they sucked and then left mid match and then I had that match and I was like fuck this game lol.

That game was also why I posted this haha:

I honestly think I've been playing this game too much. I'm starting to get so pissed off whenever I lose in comp. I think it's just because I'm not that good/not progressing and it's frustrating putting so much time into something only to end up being mediocre.

LiK

Yep, pretty sure I'm going to be playing a lot less overwatch after that whole night. I had leavers all night, then when I asked friends to play they sucked and then left mid match and then I had that match and I was like fuck this game lol.

Was hoping to have grouped with you that night you reached your season high but then I suddenly saw you freefall.

randome

Was hoping to have grouped with you that night you reached your season high but then I suddenly saw you freefall.

Yeah man, I finally thought I could get to diamond. I was so happy! Then I kept going back and forth between 2700-2750 and then last night was just terrible. It's depressing af not progressing. SoloQ is terrible but I noticed I was actually doing better solo than playing with the group I usually play with. And when I lose I don't stop because I dunno why.

LiK

Yeah man, I finally thought I could get to diamond. I was so happy! Then I kept going back and forth between 2700-2750 and then last night was just terrible. It's depressing af not progressing. SoloQ is terrible but I noticed I was actually doing better solo than playing with the group I usually play with. And when I lose I don't stop because I dunno why.

We hit the same wall. 2700-2800 is fucking bad. I really hope I get placed higher next season.

randome

We hit the same wall. 2700-2800 is fucking bad. I really hope I get placed higher next season.

Yeah, hopefully season 6 is better. I am considering making a new account tbh. I've goofed off too much in qp and it screwed up my SR gains/losses.

LiK

Yeah, hopefully season 6 is better. I am considering making a new account tbh. I've goofed off too much in qp and it screwed up my SR gains/losses.

S6 won't let people keep their highest emblems anymore so hopefully those throwers and trolls who hit Diamond and end up around 2700-2900s from deranking won't happen as often.

IKizzLE

Has Blizzard said anything about spectating competitive matches? I would love that for next season.
This is actually a good idea. Have the top 5 SR matches at any given time be available for the general audience to watch. I feel like a lot of lower SR players would learn alot. Especially those who don't watch pro OW on YouTube (99% of the community)

What time does the event end UK time?

Is meant to end with the season, but past ones have rolled on for longer (meaning can do the weekly loot boxes after reset and get event boxes).

Take end of season time as safety point though and if gonna buy something do it before then.

Dartastic

I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem and can help me. I've got a multi-monitor set up and I like to play borderless windowed. My primary monitor has G-Sync. For some reason lately, whenever I try and play Overwatch on my main monitor, it doesn't work unless I'm in full screen mode, despite me enabling G-Sync in borderless windowed in the nvidia settings.

I currently have my main monitor mirrored on my TV, a second monitor next to my gsync monitor, and an Oculus plugged in. Help please! I really want to use G-Sync and not be in full screen mode exclusively.

_Legacy_

Looks like I'm finishing his season in the 2600's. Not great, given I dropped 250 SR over the last three weeks but it'll have to do. I pray for a better experience in season 6, way too many throwers and trolls.

GGs Yager and MCD for today.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Last box of the event.

bxG6S4nl.png

Nothing good.

Dartastic

My luck this event was complete crap. I'm very glad I got the Mercy skin, but the only other legendary I got was the Zarya skin and it's just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
My luck this event was complete crap. I'm very glad I got the Mercy skin, but the only other legendary I got was the Zarya skin and it's just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :(

I don't play Zarya but I want that skin because it's literally the only decent skin she has. It's like they purposely give her the worst skins in the game.

Prelude.

If I had won every game we lost because of Mercy players I'd be at the OW World Cup. I never thought I'd say it but a res on the enemy team feels better than the absolutely cancerous playstyle she has on mine. We keep losing the point over and over and over dragging the game to a 3-2 or 2-3 just because she has to wait for that phat res instead of ressing those 2 people dead on point that would win that fight because of math and keep the percentage going. Literally every koth game with a Mercy is like this. I gotta play 5 rounds (and lose most of the times). The Mercy and koth change can't come soon enough.

Blues1990

I don't play Zarya but I want that skin because it's literally the only decent skin she has. It's like they purposely give her the worst skins in the game.

As much as I love her Olympian/Weightlifter skins, I still want a Legendary skin that's based off of Aliens Jenette Vasquez. She would look so badass, & it's a nice complement to Soldier's Commando/Night OPS skins.

So I thought I was supposed to get 2-300 lower rating than normal after placement matches?
I didnt follow OW much this season,but heard some complaints about starting way further down compared to where youre supposed to be playing at.I was prepared to get my platinum,instead I ended up at 3150ish,with just 5 wins.

Even during previous seasons I just put in minimal effort,just got the 10 games done so I could get the points for weapons,they all ended up at 3040-50ish so I still dont quite understand how this happened unless my actual hidden mmr is around 3300-3400?

R0ckman

Looking at Stylosa's Over Analyze series and looking at the comment section it seems like the SR system is just completely botched. Where on average it probably works as intended but swings tons of people of various skills towards the bottom or the top for the fluff of the climb. It makes no sense for a person to have one account give him 1000 SR and another give 3400.

Prelude.

Looking at Stylosa's Over Analyze series and looking at the comment section it seems like the SR system is just completely botched. Where on average it probably works as intended but swings tons of people of various skills towards the bottom or the top for the fluff of the climb. It makes no sense for a person to have one account give him 1000 SR and another give 3400.
Well, 1000 to 3400 is a bit too extreme, but if you've been playing for months with hundreds of games calibrating your mmr and you're stuck in gold, for example, I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to get to platinum/diamond, even just from the placements, if you bought a brand new account since you don't have all those matches of you learning the game weighting you down.

Nepenthe

I was finally in the position to be that obstinate asshole everyone hates. And it felt good.

So I was one of the few people on QP Anubis who picked first-- Lucio. Mercy came in (or was in, don't remember the exact order). Then for some reason someone picked Ana. Three healers, Sombra, D.Va, and someone else? Yeah, it wasn't a good stack. Someone asked one of us healers to switch. I said I'm not switching, not only because Lucio's my main, but because I'm ALWAYS the one to fucking switch in these scenarios. Why couldn't the Ana switch, especially since 99 times out of 100 either me or a Mercy is gonna out-heal her?

So I went, you know what?

No. I'm playing who I want. If you're not gonna build the team around the first few people who picked, well fuck it.

Sure, we got our asses kicked, and the guy who called me out specifically complained and bitched the entire time, but me and Mercy got a card, and I got the gold for objective kills, so...

You know....

Fuck you, dude.

I feel like they're going to have to increase how fast DM recharges to balance out new D.Va. Seems like the old recharge rate is just gonna cripple DM completely. Which, I mean, I guess is what some people want, but I feel like there's a balance Blizzard might be able to reach.

Everyone on Reddit saying Jeff roasted this guy when all I can think of is how shitty the reporting system is.

Yeah. If a person has fucked up the match experience for over 2000 people, why is he still around? Then Jeff has the gall to make videos where he tells the community to stop being so toxic.

Give a shit about the playerbase, Blizzard, and the toxicity will improve.

SO LAZY.

SO INCOMPETENT.

Dartastic

I was finally in the position to be that obstinate asshole everyone hates. And it felt good.
I've kinda started doing this a bit more in QP as well. If I hit my class first and as people pile in and not swap, I just say "fuck it" and keep doing what I'm doing and take the L.

Schlep

Went on a tear the past few days from 2600 back up to 3025. I learned that on defense I can make up for poor teamplay by keeping people in it with TP and shield gen. On offense it's amazing how quickly my team stops standing in the choke when I force the issue using Tracer.

Honestly ready for season 6 now.

Prelude.

I didn't get kicked out. Got a draw so I'm still 2949. RIP the dream, I'm so looking forward to climb high plat again.

I have 6200 points, I'm forced to buy a golden gun now. Which one doesn't look awful?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Ended the season with career high points AND a POTG with Reaper (quintuple kill)!

I busted my ASS to go from 1450 to 2268 this season. Many, many ups and downs, but I knew I wasn't a bronze ranked player. Needed to prove it to myself.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
got enough for a 4th golden gun, but I dunno who to give it to. I feel obligated to get an offense hero gun but I also want mei's.

randome

Ended up at 2611 lol, fuck it, not even that upset. Interestingly my comp match ended after the season did and it awarded SR like normal.

Veelk

Banned
I didn't get kicked out. Got a draw so I'm still 2949. RIP the dream, I'm so looking forward to climb high plat again.

I have 6200 points, I'm forced to buy a golden gun now. Which one doesn't look awful?

Genji tends to look good with his.

Widowmaker's too, but only with her Huntress costume.

I buy them but don't use them tho. It fucks up the color scheme on almost every costume, even when it does look okay.

Kenai

Yup, I've been doing that a lot lately. More than a few times I have been like "you know what? You do it!" if I am getting verbally abused on my healer and people don't stick up for me. I will switch to Mei/Reaper/Sombra/D. Va/Winston and leave our team without a healer, I don't give a f*ck. Adjust around me since I am apparently playing so bad (and then I will get Gold/Silver dmg/kills or keep Gold/Silver healing despite switching halfway through. Yea, I'm the problem...)

Salarians

Lucio's looks good with just about every one of his skins, Zen too

Top Bottom