• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Veelk

Banned
I no longer have any idea what I'm supposed to do for aiming.

What works for one character breaks another. I don't even remember what my old settings were at this point.

So, apparently, what I'm supposed to do is play hours of Deathmatch so that I can find whats best for all my characters individually. And I'm worried this will fuck up my aim overall because each setting will be different for each character. Or maybe it won't, but it's got me paranoid because now I'll have to basically put in hours for each character just adjusting to try and make it right, only for the fact that it might turn out to screw me over overall.

Ugh. Interesting update. The content added is fantastic, but it's been made goddamn unplayable. What the hell?

And Blizzard is fucking TERRIBLE at explaining what the hell the options are.

Without the internet, I wouldn't have any idea what the differences between dualzone, expontial ramp and linear ramp are.

And I don't really know what aim smoothing is. And Aim Ease affects the modes differently.

There are too many options and I have no idea what to do.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This is actually a great idea imo

I've been wondering if they could get away with just making competitive 5v5 officially. I don't know how much that'd mess maps and balance up, but it'd be huge for giving players more individual impact and less chance for a troll.

R0ckman

spawns are hot garbage in DM, it seems they place you near your teammates so if you are ulting the enemy and just a few minutes before killed their ally their ally can spawn near by like right behind you and kill you.

I've honestly wondered if they could get away with just making competitive 5v5 officially. I don't know how much that'd mess things up, but it'd be huge for giving players more individual impact and less chance for a troll.
That's been on my mind as well. 6v6 seemed more like aping TF2's comp format despite the game not playing in a way that suits it. Don't know if they'd do anything that drastic considering the professional side of things now.

I seriously think these controller issues are being completely over blown. The game isn't unplayable. I played so much today I wouldn't even be able to tell that they changed anything.

Veelk

Banned
Oh god, it's the worst with D.Va.

One setting is fine with her close range, hitscan shotguns, but it fucks you up with her projectile pistol.

THERE IS NO WINNING WITH THIS BULLSHIT

Owzers

Oh god, it's the worst with D.Va.

One setting is fine with her close range, hitscan shotguns, but it fucks you up with her projectile pistol.

THERE IS NO WINNING WITH THIS BULLSHIT

Winston time. he even feels off with the update :/

They said they are going to try to fix the defect quickly and don't need to patch to do it. It's not supposed to change aiming much at 0 but it did.

Veelk

Banned
FFA Deathmatch is legitimately the worst in terms of game fun.

I adore Overwatch's elimination system because it smothers the issue of kill stealing in it's crib.

Now it's got a mode fully designed around the idea!

Tune in to Vale's( #1 Mercy) stream...

Vale(basically): Mercy's sucks. Apparently, she can't Rez through walls/shields, and Vakyrie's movement speed and projectile speed is slower.

Well, that's not surprising. I am guessing Mercy take Hog's place as worst character if her changes go through.

Owzers

Tune in to Vale's( #1 Mercy) stream...

Vale(basically): Mercy's sucks. Apparently, she can't Rez through walls/shields, and Vakyrie's movement speed and projectile speed is slower.

Well, that's not surprising. I am guessing Mercy take Hog's place as worst character if her changes go through.

Her res every 30 seconds seemed annoying along with her godless killing machine ult mode but then this sounds annoying. Consistency.

Yall thought blizzard couldn't hate consoles even more then the do now?

These dudes really fucked up the control schemes lol

I could take "hate". Consoles have got to be a pain in the ass for them, but necessary (at least according to the higher-ups at Blizz) for revenue streams.
What pisses me off is the "when we can get to it" attitude towards us console scrubs. Tell us you hate us, that we'll get nothing and like it, but don't just fucking ignore us.
The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

Patched the game and played some free for all. Pretty neat and easy way to get lootboxes. I have an alternative other than finding the one skirmish aim practice game to Hanzo deathmatch in peace. I thought custom servers would create countless SOAP Dm and mge type of places like in TF2 but instead it's alt-right furry sex roleplay servers or "if I don't like your skin you die." Capture the Flag was my go to pseudo deathmatch server but it started giving me atrocious queue times towards the end.

Nimby

Banned
They really need to fix hitboxes in this game. I'm clearing shooting at this Hog's head and I'm not dinking, probably because he was doing some animation and his arm hitbox extended in front of head, even though I could clearly see his head and those shots would have hit his head.

karasu

Fuck,man. I play with Doomfist. I'm gonna get reported all of the time for no other reason than picking the guy and being black as fuck,

So 2CP AND KOTH are now best 2 out of 3?

2CP I kind of get but why KOTH? It should be more attrition based and allow for comebacks. Now there's no ability to come back really at all in any of the modes. Which kinda defeats the purpose of it being competitive. Now it's just QP but slightly longer.

R0ckman

Lol people are weird, was playing Team DM and we were annihlating then all of a sudden almost my entire team starts playing musical heroes dying over and over until we lose?

Edit: Another match where there was a Reaper on the enemy team playing like he was a McCree. This is gonna be an hilarious mode.

I put a few games into Rein recently, after pretty much abandoning him since S2 (I was a Rein main back then).

It is so incredibly fun.
"No, I'm just holding my shield, protecting my team. Come a little closer, enemy team. A little closer... DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!"
*Looks at all the corpses piled up*
"So, anyway... shall we move on?"
I don't think I used my Charge once. Just Shield and swing and 'Strike. Easy wins. Maximum body count.

Fuck,man. I play with Doomfist. I'm gonna get reported all of the time for no other reason than picking the guy and being black as fuck,

I play Symmetra a lot and I get some grief for that, if we lose it's all my fault, if we win we won in spite of me.

There's definitely going to be people being reported for not picking the "right" character.

Luckily, it seems that Blizzard do next to nothing when it comes to people being reported...

Why are people dicks to people on their own team?
I'll almost always get a Mei who puts an ice wall at the entrance at the beginning of a match to block their own team. Or I'll get a Pharah who puts a teleporter facing a corner or wall. Just little things like that.
It doesn't even bother me personally, I just think it's weird.

I'm on PS4 by the way.

Lmao DM is basically the Junkrat and Hanzo game. Junkrats just sit in the basement setting traps and spamming nades through the hallways while Hanzos camp the jump pads from on top of the walkways.

Thank God Blizzard was smart enough to make the top half count as a win because I ain't feeling DM lmao.

Lmao DM is basically the Junkrat and Hanzo game. Junkrats just sit in the basement setting traps and spamming nades through the hallways while Hanzos camp the jump pads from on top of the walkways.

Thank God Blizzard was smart enough to make the top half count as a win because I ain't feeling DM lmao.

I played 1 round of DM and it was Torbs and Sombra tryin to steal kills with her wall hack.

Blues1990

While everyone has been saying that Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch will have most of the "special-types" that populate competitive/QP games, I honestly wonder if that would be the case.

Veelk

Banned
While everyone has been saying that Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch will have most of the "special-types" that populate competitive/QP games, I honestly wonder if that would be the case.

Probably not in any permanent way.

I think they should alter it to "elimination mode" and give you a whatever fraction of a kill you earned.

It feels so bad that you can work to get 99% of a kill only to have some dickhole come in from the left and put in the finishing blow. I hate it.

Cappa

Banned
Hmm good thing I have no access to a console all week to play overwatch sounds broken as shit lol

Good to see there's finally a reporting system on console I assume it's just the same one as on pc?

Good news for us console folks, they're fixing the aiming pretty soon.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758857079?page=4#post-74

Apparently some defect which screwed up everyone's aiming

Yup just saw this and was gonna post. Good thing.

Posted by Tim Ford
We are investigating reports of undesired changes to aim feel with the latest patch. We have a good lead on the cause, and we will very likely be able to address the issue quickly, without requiring a patch.

The intent of the Aim Ease In change was to maintain the previous patch's aim characteristics if you didn't touch the Aim Ease In slider. We introduced a defect where aim characteristics changed in general. We will work to rectify the situation as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any frustration we have caused.

The problems I had with the aim yesterday are similar to what I felt when I lowered aim smoothing, but in a much bigger scale.

My aim wasn't as good with aim smoothing at 95 or so but I still had some degree of control over my aiming even though it was far from ideal. Now it's just impossible, you can't do small adjustments at all.

I think people that lowered aim smoothing in the first place will not have as many problems compared to the ones that didn't change that setting, though it's still different.

_Legacy_

So the new season is going to kick off before we get the Mercy and DVa changes? Damn. I'm all for Mercy being nerfed out of selection, I think it will change the dynamic of matches, obviously sucks for Mercy mains who don't have the ability to get the most use out of her now.

DM sounds cool, guess I'll give it a try when I can next get online.

Yager

Banned
Entire match my Mercy and Ana refused to heal me because I had the audacity to pick Sombra in Quickplay. :/

Well, I mean, if there's one hero that doesn't need healing from supports, that's Sombra.

DM is lots of fun, and an easy/quick way to get the arcade lootboxes.

Veelk

Banned
Holy fucking shit. 17 assists in Deathmatch

I'm consistently getting my kills stolen again and again and again in this game. It's pissing me off so much.

Why is this even on the scoreboard? It doesn't count for anything. Why does the game want me to know how much I helped the other player beat me? It's so insulting.

"Lol, you gave 17 free kills to other players, haha"

What the fuck

Skii

Holy fucking shit. 17 assists in Deathmatch

I'm consistently getting my kills stolen again and again and again in this game. It's pissing me off so much.

Why is this even on the scoreboard? It doesn't count for anything. Why does the game want me to know how much I helped the other player beat me? It's so insulting.

"Lol, you gave 17 free kills to other players, haha"

What the fuck

It's telling you you suck and need to improve. No one should be getting 17 assists and it may indicate a flaw with how you play in general if you cant close out kills.

Top Bottom