• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Prelude.

Man, Junkrat is disgusting. I just played my first TDM against Hanzo, Widow, Genji and Soldier and I got 20 kills, 67% kill participation.

Mr Git

Aiming feels weird or I'm high. TDM is a lot of fun though. Very good duel practice for characters. I just warmed up my Tracer pretty quickly.

Blues1990

The self-proclaimed Queen of JunkerTown.
Would smash.

NPKwukM.jpg

Veelk

Banned
So, can anyone tell me about the aiming change?

At this point, I'm 100% used to exponential ramp, but I've been told that's super bad.

Also, it's fucking with me when I play other shooters. I just got Wolfenstein the new order, and I can't aim for shit.

Am I really handicapping myself by not learning a new aiming scheme or what?

Doomfist hitbox fix is definitely live in the new patch.

At least, that's what I'm going to tell myself after that horrible performance as him in QP.

Well got third place for my first DM. Soldier should be a nice pick, but damn at a Junkrat killing the match.

I got second in my first Deathmatch. Reaper is a pretty good choice.

Prelude.

I guess this was known since I assume it was the same on PTR, but you can't double mine a trap, so it's probably fair like this.

Or maybe you can't just have 2 mines active at the same time generally? I didn't have enough time to test it out.

I got second in my first Deathmatch. Reaper is a pretty good choice.
I was first on Hog until 15ish and someone went Reaper and ruined it. The healing is just too much.

I guess this was known since I assume it was the same on PTR, but you can't double mine a trap, so it's probably fair like this.

Or maybe you can't just have 2 mines active at the same time generally? I didn't have enough time to test it out.

I was first on Hog until 15ish and someone went Reaper and ruined it. The healing is just too much.

There were three Hogs and a D.VA in the match. The best part is I kept stealing kills from the D.Va's self-destruct with death blossom.

LiK

Okay, New settings aren't fucking me up as much as I thought. It sorta feels like I'm playing with a rubber band on the stick for some reason. It's a strange feeling. I think I can adjust fairly quickly. It feels more responsive but it's def a different feel.

Blues1990

So Storm from 90s X-Men got a comically epic boob job?

Is that Storm? lol

I was honestly expecting a Imperator Furiosa or Valkyrie character, so the large rack and punk haircut really threw me off.

Ah, I get it now. They nerfed hogs damage so that they can introduce her as the new hero with a hook combo one shot. Look at the giant hook / axe thing she's weilding, it's so obvious.
Let me dream :/

The king is dead, man. Let him lay to rest.

Just won a Free for All Death match with Symmetra :p

All thanks to one Hanzo who refused to switch even though I kept on melting him. Seriously, I must have gotten 10 kills on him alone.

Had some of the worst matches I've ever had in Overwatch tonight in regards to elims/actually hitting things I'm aiming at. Didn't feel like the new settings were affecting anything but clearly at some level they were, because everything felt off tonight.

Not super jazzed about jumping into comp when it starts while the controls are like this.

Just won a Free for All Death match with Symmetra :p

All thanks to one Hanzo who refused to switch even though I kept on melting him. Seriously, I must have gotten 10 kills on him alone.

I'm almost positive once you hit a certain amount of playtime with hanzo...the game removes all other characters from the hero select screen.

LiK

These new console settings seem to help out the hitscan and snipers more. Hanzo and McCree doing work or maybe the DM players just have better aim.

R0ckman

She sort of looks like a cross between Zarya and Reinhardt but with more sex appeal. I wonder if she is actually in the works in terms of being a new playable character.

Someone asked in an interview and the rep kinda did a bad dogde, I wanna say it seems like they are at least probably messing with ideas for the character. I mean they have a voice already.

If I have all aim assists off on console, the aim changes shouldn't mess anything up right?

Stupid update is still downloading, doesn't help that SFV, FFXV, and Tekken all dropped updates today too.

LiK

TDM is fun but the spawn is random as shit. People end up behind you at times. Just won one when I got the last kill when we were tied. My Zen killed a Genji who was up my ass lol

LiK

If I have all aim assists off on console, the aim changes shouldn't mess anything up right?

Stupid update is still downloading, doesn't help that SFV, FFXV, and Tekken all dropped updates today too.

Doesn't matter. The actual movement of aiming just feels different. Whatever you're used to, prepare for a different feel. I might adjust one hero I don't play often until I get the settings to feeling a bit more like it used to before I bother with Comp. But the change seems to benefit certain heroes more from what I played.

Veelk

Banned
OMG I CANNOT TAKE THESE CONTROLS

I AM SHIT WITH SOME CHARACTERS ON SOME SETTINGS BUT GOOD WITH OTHER CHARACTERS ON THOSE EXACT SAME SETTING

HELP

WHAT SETTINGS DO I USE

Woah just played a match on console and my accuracy felt super off. Should probably pay more attention to patch notes lol. What's everyone else's settings at?

Nicolada

So far the most fun I've had with deathmatch is getting into a duel with someone while we repeatedly jumped high into the air with the new map's jump pads. Chaotic fun.

Veelk

Banned
I can't help but think that Deathmatch is just a kill stealing piece of shit in terms of being an actual game

But holy god, they finally made a practice mode that fucking WORKS!

This is what Quickplay should have been all along.

LiK

I can't help but think that Deathmatch is just a kill stealing piece of shit in terms of being an actual game

But holy god, they finally made a practice mode that fucking WORKS!

This is what Quickplay should have been all along.

Good warm up mode and easiest way to earn weekly lootboxes. I like it. Too bad they included some shitty new aim mode.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sombra is fun in deathmatch. That wallhack for weak enemies is pretty good.

Now they just need to make 5 more deathmatch maps, and the mode will be good.

Maddocks

I was hyped to play death match till I actually played it. Mostly because of the small number of players. Why is it that its 8 players but 12 for objective based games? Blizzard seems to think smaller is better. 4v4, 3v3, 1v1.

Team death match should be 8v8, come on now its supposed to be a fun dumb mode you turn off the brain, listen to a podcast and play, but with that low of numbers and small area of the map, its kinda boring and if you have someone who can heal,tank,dps you are going to win.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I was hyped to play death match till I actually played it. Mostly because of the small number of players. Why is it that its 8 players but 12 for objective based games? Blizzard seems to think smaller is better. 4v4, 3v3, 1v1.

Team death match should be 8v8, come on now its supposed to be a fun dumb mode you turn off the brain, listen to a podcast and play, but with that low of numbers and small area of the map, its kinda boring and if you have someone who can heal,tank,dps you are going to win.

Yeah, it should be the opposite. Fun game modes should have more players, competitive modes should have less.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I hate TDM.

Done really well in all my DM as Tracer, Soldier, Pharah.

But TDM is a nightmare. Still have yet to get placed on a team where someone else will be the healer. I don't mind it... but I shouldn't have most kills too.

Top Bottom