• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

paperlynx

In his current state he's good in DM but there's still no real reason to pick him in comp, his damage output is still way too low and dive shreds him

Gorillaz

I'm still not sure anyone agrees with me here but I spent the last month saying that new Hog was gonna be a hassle to deal with.
And now it's here I'm feeling like I was right, like an eternal sponge of annoyance, combining him with that potential new Mercy sounds like a headache.

New Junkrat must also be a ball breaker in lower tiers of play, I feel for ya Bronze dudes.

New Hog is the same unscary battery he was after that nerf

PatjuhR

Excited to play deathmatch. Seems like Tracer would be a great character for it and I like playing Tracer.

Finally a platform to train my McCree without hurting teammates aswell.

PatjuhR

McCree is very dominant in FFA from what I played.

I see him in all the videos and comments aswell.

I understand, but it's a bit surprising to me. Would think the other offense players except for maybe Doomfist and Sombra would be more popular.

BiggNife

Less tanky? I do wish they'd just return him to his old state, he wasn't op before

I misread the update, he's actually more tanky

You can move while healing now and he gets a 50% damage reduction while healing

Not sure if it's enough to bring him back into the meta but it's something

Gorillaz

I see him in all the videos and comments aswell.

I understand, but it's a bit surprising to me. Would think the other offense players except for maybe Doomfist and Sombra would be more popular.

Tried it a bit with both last night. I had a hard time trying to get in and out of certain situations with Sombra. DF was easier. I think maneuverability is pretty important with this map

Chance

I misread the update, he's actually more tanky

You can move while healing now and he gets a 50% damage reduction while healing

Not sure if it's enough to bring him back into the meta but it's something

A lot more tanky. He can take a huff while standing next to an exploding D.Va ult and survive it lol.

antitrop

Tracer will struggle in FFA because she's not amazing vs 7 other DPS who can kill her within seconds. Characters like Tracer and Soldier will struggle as they are more suited to facing tanks and dont have burst. FFA is more suited to characters like Genji, McCree and Roadhog who all are good vs DPS. Even Winston is fairly decent.

Junkrat is fucking overpowered on the Chateu map. I played for a few hours last night and the top 4 was always me on McCree or Doomfist and 3 Junkrats.

LiK

Old Junkrat would have been almost just as good. It's mostly because the map is just hallways and a basement. As long as you don't go on the outside part of the map, Junkrat just gets kills left and right.

Yup, still good with his trap and mine combo pre-buff, tbh. But it feels so good to kill the Reapers who wraith away with a small amount of life with another mine. I had a match where I had to fight against 4 goddamn Reapers who kept wraithing away. Kept trapping them and mining them to death. That was fun.

After bringing up good deathmatch showings I'd be amiss not to mention awful ones where I played the worst Doomfist of my life, granted it didn't help that the entire match was filled with Reapers, Hogs and Sombras but I couldn't land a killing punch to save my life.
This new hitbox, oh the agony.

I've won FFA DM consecutively with Tracer. Yeah, it's on console, but it happened!

I do think there's no point in having assists show up in the scoreboard. We already know when we're not securing kills!

Not sure, but probably? The experience bonus for rankings aren't that huge anyway, so they could just continue being nice to players and just give everyone with the same number of kills and deaths the same xp bonus! That's kinda how it is in the other normal modes where people get the same medals, right?

I'm at the point of having played hundreds and hundreds of hours where I really don't care about those little details.

Salarians

glad they fixed that console aiming bug so quickly

also, interesting to see that the game is 16 GB now; the same size as yesterday's patch

Cappa

Banned
I'm still not sure anyone agrees with me here but I spent the last month saying that new Hog was gonna be a hassle to deal with.
And now it's here I'm feeling like I was right, like an eternal sponge of annoyance, combining him with that potential new Mercy sounds like a headache.
If he's nothing more than a sponge he sounds like he's just feeding the enemy teams ult
I am perfectly fine with a large target like Roadhog whos hard to kill and helps me build my ultimate quicker. As long as he's not on my team

If he's nothing more than a sponge he sounds like he's just feeding the enemy teams ult
I am perfectly fine with a large target like Roadhog whos hard to kill and helps me build my ultimate quicker. As long as he's not on my team

I'm not sure he actually helps you build ult any quicker than before, he just takes a lot longer to wittle down.

I'm not saying he's a menace or anything, just more of an annoyance.

maomaoIYP

After bringing up good deathmatch showings I'd be amiss not to mention awful ones where I played the worst Doomfist of my life, granted it didn't help that the entire match was filled with Reapers, Hogs and Sombras but I couldn't land a killing punch to save my life.
This new hitbox, oh the agony.

Has Doomfist already been nerfed in this patch? I played a bit of him in FFA, had no problems fisting people and won the match too.

Yager

Banned
The only way I can see Winston being decent is if he is constantly finishing off enemies that were damaged by other players. Could be an interesting strat to straight up kill-steal players who are running away with little hp.

My time is now. No but really, I might try playing Winston to see how it goes, but I had pretty good matches with Reaper. You can kill enemies pretty quickly and have a bit of sustain as well as a way to escape.

EDIT: I'm dying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3McscFpr0rA

^I felt that Winston can struggle in FFA simply because the amount of characters that counter him are often out in full force.
Still you can have your moments if you play carefully.

Has Doomfist already been nerfed in this patch? I played a bit of him in FFA, had no problems fisting people and won the match too.

You are more accurate than I.

for what it's worth I have had some solid success with him as well but I do feel like the effects of the smaller hitbox are in effect.

Yeah the hitbox is fixed. I tested it out in training.

Seems like Doomfist is gonna run rampant in Deathmatch, especially the Chateau level. Easy to get OH-KOs.

Rirse

Neo Member
Do you even get XP if you don't place higher then fourth? Last match where I came in six due to everyone always being in the other side of the map, I didn't even notice a change in the career profile meter afterwards.

antitrop

I'm afraid about all the people who don't realize PTR Mercy is getting nerfed by the day and think they will be able to do the same shit as in all those clips when she hits live.

MCD

Yikes, that clip looked good! Are you tempted to dabble with Mercy again next season, when her update hits?

I will try getting back to her for real. A Mercy that solo rez only means less frustratation and blaming me for not hiding and huge rezing everyone.

hes alright but hog is so good in deathmatch and he fucks him hard

I'll have to remember that next time - one match I played over lunch the top 4 were all Doomfist.

I'm definitely remembering why I hate multiplayer Deathmatch, though, and why I stay away from most FPS multiplayer games.

Round corner -> headshot by golden gun Widow
Respawn -> turn corner -> flashbang/FTH'd by McCree
Respawn -> turn corner -> headshot by golden gun Widow in a new position
Respawn -> turn corner -> Doomfist OHKO
Respawn -> wander map for 60 seconds not finding anyone -> headshot by golden gun Widow

Wheeeeeeee!

LiK

I'm afraid about all the people who don't realize PTR Mercy is getting nerfed by the day and think they will be able to do the same shit as in all those clips when she hits live.

As long as those players are on enemy team, that's fine with me.

Gorillaz

Take me under your wing anti, I want to learn the way of the Mer Mer

and when I say way I mean I don't want to heal anyone and just fly around but they don't have to know that

Salarians

played a few matches of DM last night, did terribly

first match today since aiming was reverted
eVWnJ2V.jpg

😎

Veelk

Banned
People who use D.Va in this mode are the worst human beings.

It turns Defense Matrix into a complete double edge sword. They can't kill you, but other players can't kill them either. The only use for it is to bait out abilities/ults.

Everything will be fine once she gets her missiles and boostable gunfire.

Gurrry

Good post by a Dva on /r/overwatch detailing the recent nerfs to her on PTR (and Blizzard nerfs in general) and how horrible they are.

Someone in that thread said it better than I ever could, so im gonna paste it here, but this is exactly how I feel the trend of nerfs have been going and its getting tiresome:

I feel like 90% of the changes Blizzard makes is based off of feedback from DPS mains. Hate getting the one shot from Hog? Nerf. Hate getting your damage eatenby D.va? Nerf. I wouldn't be surprised if the next changes to come down the pipeline are a reduction to the HP of the Rein shield and the removal of one of Zarya's bubbles. But as long as Blizz keeps the shamadamada brothers happy, everything's peachy.

Hes 100% right here. Nerfing tanks to oblivion only creates a further divide in the community, to where everyone is just going to start playing DPS.

Top Bottom