• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Just noticed that the patch notes mention reporting features for console.

That's nice. Oh wait it takes literally thousands of reports to get a one week ban.

I'm worried that Jeffs forum post only served to embolden trolls.

R0ckman

With team death match out I dont think I'll be be playing anything else. Looking at comp and how its progressed it seems every teir is the same mess. From what I remember besides playing with a few GAFFERS which was great-- in most the other groups I was in the call outs were really bad, not specific, just complaining about not being able to accomplish a task and dying, just no strategy which seems to really determine if you dominate, a lot of the master games I saw and took notes on still looked like high level meat grinder battles, where small mistakes here and there would push in one or the other side's favor.

They just keep adding sliders that I don't know what to do with.

I played a deathmatch game with 80 sensitivity dual-zone... before I would find this sluggish, now I can't even put my reticle above the enemy most of the times.

Problem is that it never feels right even if I lower it, it's impossible to track anything because you can't do small adjustments no matter your sensitivity.

Unless they patch this I'm done with this game for good, I wasn't going to drop it this soon but they made it easy like this.

Kysen

The matchmaking in FFA deathmatch is hilarious right now. You have golds being put into games with GMs. Pretty much every game the final scoreboard is arranged by SR.

Woah, obviously on an early successful new mode high but deathmatch is way better than expected.
Won my first game with Doomfist complete with PotG and that was neat.

But what really was marvellous was taking Zenyatta into my second match full of DPS characters and whupping them all to win also with PotG, such a feeling of glorious revenge for that one, this time Genji was the victim.

Couldn't make it a triple but had fun with Mei regardless, as expected this may be the mode where I can actually use Doomfist somewhat successfully.

LiK

It's an option like aim smoothing, but instead of 100 this one is at 0 by default.

As soon as I picked a character on practice range I noticed something was different, my aim was all over the place. I checked my controls and saw that they added this shit.

So I should push it back to 100? Guess I'll check later.

Kenai

That's probably what they will do eventually but I don't know how they can buff Mei for her to be effective against Tracer and not obnoxious against everybody.

More dmg from Mei to frozen targets with spray might do it since Tracer's HP is so low. She can still headshot beefier targets for "less reliable" dmg maybe? Not sure on numbers now.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
New Orisa buffs feel pretty good! The faster shots are immediately noticeable, allowing her to land shots on Genji and Pharah more reliably. And that shield is quite large.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They adjusted Zarya's gun range or took down the top of the map more. I'm not sure, but I was getting hit as Pharah from the ground up.

New setting doesn't feel very good with duel zone. But there's potential for it in linear zone.

I don't really feel like messing with settings though to find it lol.

Anyone here could post the default control options on ps4, I messed with those sliders too much and I would like to know how its supposed to be from the beginning, I give up on trying to make aiming feel right, can't default on my end since the custom button config and individual options on every hero would be deleted too x.x

It would be advanced control options (aim smoothing, Aim assisst, etc.) and the default reticle sliders.

Dual zone
Sensitivity 30 horizontal, 15 vertical
Aim assist window max, strength max
Aim smoothing I think was max

I reset last week and redid every single character, so I'm pretty sure this all correct.

Amazingly the moment I go from the lone wolf land of free for all to trying team deathmatch I swiftly encounter a griefing teammate of which to use this newfangled console report feature on.

New Orisa buffs feel pretty good! The faster shots are immediately noticeable, allowing her to land shots on Genji and Pharah more reliably. And that shield is quite large.

It feels so good, Orisa was becoming one of my faves and this is really helping the cause.
Alas she does not fit well in free for all deathmatch but I was a late backfill so the novelty was there.

Just read that they made the reticules really light and barely visible even at 100. Must be a bug.

Yeah I saw some complains about that too. I don't think it affects console though, at least not that I noticed.

The new outline option is pretty good, I like to use the white color for my dot but it could be hard to see in bright white areas like Ilios, with the outline at max that's not a problem anymore.

LiK

Yeah I saw some complains about that too. I don't think it affects console though, at least not that I noticed.

The new outline option is pretty good, I like to use the white color for my dot but it could be hard to see in bright white areas like Ilios, with the outline at max that's not a problem anymore.

Must be PC only then. Surprised consoles weren't fucked as well.

Ok I've been a bit disconnected from this game so I've gotta ask: why the hell do i have a 15GB update downloading on my PS4??? What the hell are they adding? Is this the biggest update for OW yet (at least on PS4)?

Owzers

Every update they break something...the idea that they would put in a new control setting that wasn't optional seems careless at best.

Prelude.

Ok I've been a bit disconnected from this game so I've gotta ask: why the hell do i have a 15GB update downloading on my PS4??? What the hell are they adding? Is this the biggest update for OW yet (at least on PS4)?

-A number of data format changes have been implemented

Developer Comments: Over the past few months, we've been working on a number of significant under-the-hood changes that will help us streamline the patching process. This will allow us to reduce the download size in future patches, but it does mean that today's patch is larger than a traditional patch.

I assume that includes the console version too considering the size.

Today wasn't a good day for people with shit internet like me. 6gb of OW and 16gb of Destiny 2 on a 7Mb connection are 7h30m at max speed.

Veelk

Banned
Is there a way to make sure that PS4 downloads updates when in rest mode? It's so annoying to come back at 7 after not being home since 12 and find out that a huge patch is something you need to dl before you even play the game. It's annoying, it should happen automatically

Is there a way to make sure that PS4 downloads updates when in rest mode? It's so annoying to come back at 7 after not being home since 12 and find out that a huge patch is something you need to dl before you even play the game. It's annoying, it should happen automatically

Usually patches download for me in rest mode but this one didn't. Super annoying.

Would being suspended in a game effect background downloads?

Top Bottom