• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Last season I went from 1450 to 2268.

Just went 7-3 in placement matches and ended up at 2373. Alright, I'll take it. MUCH better position than last time.

Chance

Can you get off a Flash/FTH/Roll/FTH before he can Fist you? I only get the other end of the Flash BS, so just curious.

You can just barely do a full FTH before the stun breaks. What you can pull off before he Rocket Punches is dependent on how much Doom charges the punch.

Plus once you FTH once he's unlikely to punch - probably an uppercut and bail.

Had two really good placement matches yesterday. Won one lost one. Had great communication and synergy going and I love the changes they've made to Control which used to go on way too long and could be super demoralizing.

I think FFA is my favorite mode though. I don't have to rely on anyone else and as a result I end up doing really well. I hope they do comp for deathmatch because I've been cleaning up so many 4-5 gold medals in TDM (a mode you can actually boast about getting medals in)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I lost 9 out of my 10 placements.

I hate this game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1st Placement match, tough match, loss.

2nd placement, rolled because my team thought 1 tank with 3 defense characters on Hollywood was smart.

3rd and 4th were wins.

5th a guy quits after we get rolled on the first point of Watchpoint partly due to our Sym that tried to defend the payload right at the opening choke by herself only to cause the rest of our team to trickle down into death.

6th our Zarya who was doing great decides to go Torbjorn resulting in a long drawn out draw.

Fucking comp

Veelk

Banned
Thank you to whoever suggested to turn vibration off.

I initially just did it for Pharah, but then I turned it off for everyone. It's strange how much better it feels. You'd think the vibration would add to the game because you can get a tactile feel for what is happening, but no.

It's strange to say, but I feel I'm in more control than I was before. It's like a major distraction I didn't even know was there has been taken away.

LiK

Thank you to whoever suggested to turn vibration off.

I initially just did it for Pharah, but then I turned it off for everyone. It's strange how much better it feels. You'd think the vibration would add to the game because you can get a tactile feel for what is happening, but no.

It's strange to say, but I feel I'm in more control than I was before. It's like a major distraction I didn't even know was there has been taken away.

I still enjoy it for everyone except Hanzo. The constant vibration when you're holding the primary fire was a bit too much. I also found the feedback from getting shot at to be better than the visual/audio cues.

Veelk

Banned
I still enjoy it for everyone except Hanzo. The constant vibration when you're holding the primary fire was a bit too much. I also found the feedback from getting shot at to be better than the visual/audio cues.

Enemy hits are the only vibration I felt was better on than off, but it's not like you can select which vibrations come through.

Otherwise, it's oddly distracting. Like Tracers. It just feels better to be able to be able to fire them without the buzzing. And Pharah feels so much lighter. I didn't mind Hanzo's at all, but now that it's gone, I don't want it back.

I haven't tried it with ALL heroes individually before deciding to turn it off, but it's just

LiK

Enemy hits are the only vibration I felt was better on than off, but it's not like you can select which vibrations come through.

Otherwise, it's oddly distracting. Like Tracers. It just feels better to be able to be able to fire them without the buzzing. And Pharah feels so much lighter. I didn't mind Hanzo's at all, but now that it's gone, I don't want it back.

I haven't tried it with ALL heroes individually before deciding to turn it off, but it's just

Zarya still feels good. You feel the subtle vibration whenever your bubbles get hit.

Mr Git

Tried DM as Tracer and found myself facing a fucking cavalcade of Hanzos. TDM is much better but keep encountering pharmercy. TDM.. more like tedium amirite

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Hey guys, a friend and me are looking to gather a team for this season’s placements to improve our chances.

Our specs: PC, North / South America. We use voice on chat on Discord. We can chat in spanish and english so latin players are welcomed.

Me: Mostly support/tank roles. Top choices are Mercy, Rein and Symmetra. SR high on season 5 was 1910, 2100 on season 4.
My friend: DPS roles. Top choices are Soldier, Reaper and Winston. SR 2400 past season.

We’re looking to play today Friday all the matches in about 3 / 4 hours from this post, so if you’re able to play today and want a cohesive group, send me a PM and let’s take it from there.

Yager

Banned
First game, first win in Hanamura. I can't believe I was playing with a team that tried and were actually pretty good. They even listened for the group up calls and ult calls. What is this feeling? Am I in the twilight zone?

It will go downhill from here, I know

Talonz

I really enjoy playing as him but my god Zenyatta has to be the most boring character in terms of voice lines, emotes and even sprays. And skins in fact. He's just a boring little wank in all honesty.

"Do I think? Does a submarine swim?" Shut up, you dozy cunt.

Junkrat is by far the best when it comes to all those things.

Zenyatta is the coolest character in the game, gtfo!

Blues1990

I really enjoy playing as him but my god Zenyatta has to be the most boring character in terms of voice lines, emotes and even sprays. And skins in fact. He's just a boring little wank in all honesty.

I'd argue that Pharah is far more boring, as far as personality and voice lines are concerned. Zenyatta has the best burns when he kills specific enemies ("Move too quickly, and you overlook much." "Justice is defined by the hand that claims it." "Being eager to learn is not the same as learning." "Ignorance is the sure path to defeat." "To hold a grudge is unhealthy... for you.")

Although I do love Pharah's "I am the Rocket Queen." voice line, which is pretty bad ass in it's own right.

Chance

Zenyatta is the coolest character in the game, gtfo!

I never invested in a multiplayer shooter before Overwatch, and gameplay of Zen - a robotic Buddhist monk throwing antigrav prayer balls with kung-fu chops - was a major selling feature.

They're not really going to let Junkrat keep his two con mines, are they? New trend seems to be Mercy healing junk as he runs into a group and spams his two mines to kill a bunch of people. He seems to have insane damage now, with his grenade spam at range and mines up close.

I wouldn't be surprised if they toned the damage down on them, or put a delay between deploying them in stead of being able to throw two out pretty much on top of each other.

Veelk

Banned
I'd argue that Pharah is far more boring, as far as personality and voice lines are concerned. Zenyatta has the best burns when he kills specific enemies ("Move too quickly, and you overlook much." "Justice is defined by the hand that claims it." "Being eager to learn is not the same as learning." "Ignorance is the sure path to defeat." "To hold a grudge is unhealthy... for you.")

Although I do love Pharah's "I am the Rocket Queen." voice line, which is pretty bad ass in it's own right.

I wish she was a bit more individualistic. Her character is unique in that she is what she is because of the other characters in the game. Other characters have interpersonal relationships (Tracer is friends with Winston, Genji and Hanzo are disowned siblings, etc), but Pharah herself is only a hero because her mom and her mom's friends all seemed badass so she decided to take her own shot at it.

As a result, her character feels like a social aftershock from the impacts of other heroes actions, not Pharah's own. Which shouldn't be the case because Pharah's role is more unique than that. She isn't a sniper like her mom, she...sorta is a leader of her group like Soldier, but that doesn't come in the game interactions and is just in the comics, she's not a up-front fighter like Reinhardt, not a healer like Mercy. Her fighting style and technology and arsenal is pretty distinct from anyone else in the game, which means at some point, she found her own way of being a hero.

(Orisa is the inverse of this. Where her personality comes from (besides "Efi") is not known, even it is a bit bland, but her abilities all seemed to have been directly inspired by overwatch's heroes.)

And that's what I'd like to see, really, how she found her own way instead of just following the footsteps of her mom and friends. So lines like "I'm the rocket queen" are cool because that's her own signature style.

antitrop

I bet they nerf the speed on RIP-tire slightly and increase the HP.

I don't think they'll touch the double mines, maybe lower the damage from 125 to 100.

I feel empty with pharah's vibration off. Only time I've turned off vibration was when I was farming for boxes during the uprising pve event as bastion.

Veelk

Banned
I feel empty with pharah's vibration off. Only time I've turned off vibration was when I was farming for boxes during the uprising pve event as bastion.

That's why I think it's so strange. Because, yeah, in a lot of ways, it feels better, but it also feels like a distraction in the midst of battle.

I think I'd be fine with it in a single player segment, but in MP, it makes the experience smoother for me. Especially pharah, who feels so much heavier with vibration on.

Gorillaz

I don't understand starting season 6 without the Mercy and DVA changes

Happens often. The last few seasons started with big changes still on deck. I also see this as them letting people get one last time having "fun" with current mercy before that shit is over.

I bet they nerf the speed on RIP-tire slightly and increase the HP.

I don't think they'll touch the double mines, maybe lower the damage from 125 to 100.

his mines should have 2 modes, an attack and mobility mode. the attack mode should inflict self damage. tire should also inflict self damage. the tire should also instantly detonate the second he dies

Did my PC placements last night solo, I will probably do placements on PS4 sometime this weekend as I have friends who still play on console.

Ending S5 SR: 2844 (season high 3400's)

Placements: 6-3-1
S6 SR: 2977

Blues1990

I wish she was a bit more individualistic. Her character is unique in that she is what she is because of the other characters in the game. Other characters have interpersonal relationships (Tracer is friends with Winston, Genji and Hanzo are disowned siblings, etc), but Pharah herself is only a hero because her mom and her mom's friends all seemed badass so she decided to take her own shot at it.

As a result, her character feels like a social aftershock from the impacts of other heroes actions, not Pharah's own. Which shouldn't be the case because Pharah's role is more unique than that. She isn't a sniper like her mom, she...sorta is a leader of her group like Soldier, but that doesn't come in the game interactions and is just in the comics, she's not a up-front fighter like Reinhardt, not a healer like Mercy. Her fighting style and technology and arsenal is pretty distinct from anyone else in the game, which means at some point, she found her own way of being a hero.

(Orisa is the inverse of this. Where her personality comes from (besides "Efi") is not known, even it is a bit bland, but her abilities all seemed to have been directly inspired by overwatch's heroes.)

And that's what I'd like to see, really, how she found her own way instead of just following the footsteps of her mom and friends. So lines like "I'm the rocket queen" are cool because that's her own signature style.

The thing is, I love playing as her. But I wished she had a little something that, while staying in-character, can help make her more likable. As the game has progressed, Pharah has some fun interactions with the other heroes, but most of her interactions seem to explore more of their backstory or develop them, rather than help develop her as a character. For example, we learn that McCree became a stronger marksman, due to being trained by Pharah's mother.

And It's weird. I like Orisa as a character, but for the reasons why most think she's uninteresting. Her inexperience and naivety come across as incredibly charming, and I like that she's primarily extremely courageous and just, even though said inexperience can cause her to be an occasional liability.

Seriously, it's cool that she's a hero that wants to help and do the right thing.

Phu

Banned

What? Zen's got some of the best stuff IMO.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This is how it starts Ply, be careful not to become what you hate!
OohEqlH.jpg

Gorillaz

Been fucking around with new hog for about hour or 2 in comp. Farcry from old hog but still ok and a good distraction for DPS. It's never going to reach the highs of the former but I think if they shorten the hook time we might have something workable here

antitrop

Even Harbleu was having fun on Hog again last night. He's at least better than I thought he was going to be with the roaming vape.

Drame

Did my placements and found the matches quite even. Really close call fights all around and only 1 or 2 foul mouthed peeps in the voice chat, nice! (On PC)

That being said lost 7 of my placement matches and won 3. Placed in 2761 platinum and it has been a steady climb since then *knock on wood*. So, if you find yourself loosing a lot of the placement matches, do not loose hope! You'll make it to the other side for sure.

Top Bottom