• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Did my placements. 6-3-1. Those 3 losses? All had leavers. One match even had a guy constantly join and leave for the entire 2 rounds of KOTH without once picking a character. I swear to god he was doing it intentionally too because I would have quit trying to reconnect if I were having some connection issue. What an asshole.

Ended up at 2918. Got to mid Diamond before I took a break from OW to play other games. Spent the last week or so playing Comp on and off. Only consistent thing was me being awful so I hit mid Plat. Actually thought I'd place lower because of that final ranking, but I guess they take into account performance for most of the season!

Think I'll just try to get Diamond then stop. Destiny 2 is on the way, and I can only really dedicate time to one multiplayer shooter.

Veelk

Banned
DVa getting 25% increase with her DM recharge rate. Should be out on PTR today.

Expected it. You can't keep a good D.Va down.

latest

One of these days I'm gonna set up a custom match so I can just practice doing wall stunts as Lucio. I'm like partway to being super annoyingly mobile with him, but in the heat of battle I end up following my teammates instead of stuntwork.

Placements over, three stack with Ned and Pinku, went 5-4-1.

Finished last season at 3032, placed 3101. lots of iffy randoms but some goodishkinda games. I could do without randoms, not just how some play but there was one report-worthy guy for language and another for just randomly having background conversations and music on, wasn't even taylor swift. But I don't think we can cobble together a winning six stack yet.

I actually prefer six stacks to smaller groups. I'm always available to be the worst guy on the team and the easiest person to blame if we lose!

Junkrat meta. oh lord, fuck this earth

I give it a....3.

My golden gun Junkrat is gonna finally see some action this competitive season. Can't wait.

Owzers

One of these days I'm gonna set up a custom match so I can just practice doing wall stunts as Lucio. I'm like partway to being super annoyingly mobile with him, but in the heat of battle I end up following my teammates instead of stuntwork.

I actually prefer six stacks to smaller groups. I'm always available to be the worst guy on the team and the easiest person to blame if we lose!

I give it a....3.

My golden gun Junkrat is gonna finally see some action this competitive season. Can't wait.

We will assemble a six stack where multiple people can claim to be the worst, and we will win.

That last part is iffy.

Prelude.

Gotta love Tim solo tanking not knowing what to do with his comp, while Seagull stays on Junkrat. These pro players could go pistol Mercy all game and no one would ever complain.
At least he went tryhard Gengu in the next games.

What exactly constitute a good MMR? Is eliminations or finishing blows weighted more? I started to play Overwatch more seriously but I don't like where I placed at all. My friends are in masters and I'm upper silver when I finished gold towards the end of last season which is pathetic. Any tips?

DVa getting 25% increase with her DM recharge rate. Should be out on PTR today.

Good.

4 seconds DM / 10 seconds recharge to 2 seconds DM / 7,5 seconds recharge.

It's not as severe, I like it more this way. With all the spam I saw yesterday with junkrat, bastions and pharmercys running rampant I really wasn't looking forward to a future without a D.Va.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
What exactly constitute a good MMR? Is eliminations or finishing blows weighted more? I started to play Overwatch more seriously but I don't like where I placed at all. My friend are in masters and I'm upper silver when I finished gold towards the end of last season which is pathetic. Any tips?

I can tell you something I've learned is fuck playing Mercy in your placements. I don't know how the ranking goes - but my friend and I played all our placements together last season; he ended up 500 SR above me playing McCree and D.Va; even though I had ~15,000+ healing and ~10+ rez's each game.

I can tell you something I've learned is fuck playing Mercy in your placements. I don't know how the ranking goes - but my friend and I played all our placements together last season; he ended up 500 SR above me playing McCree and D.Va; even though I had ~15,000+ healing and ~10+ rez's each game.

Was it your first season?

Veelk

Banned
Good.

4 seconds DM / 10 seconds recharge to 2 seconds DM / 7,5 seconds recharge.

It's not as severe, I like it more this way. With all the spam I saw yesterday with junkrat, bastions and pharmercys running rampant I really wasn't looking forward to a future without a D.Va.

You weren't going to get one. D.Va is too popular to not stay in the meta. It's not like Orisa where you have to beg for crumbs.

Chance

Did you report him at least? Also, don't worry too much about placements. Won't affect your placement too much.

If that thing recently where Jeff called out a player with 2500+ reports against them taught us anything, it's that these dipshits will never get permabanned.

Aimbot? Sure, ban.

A year of completely toxic, trolly-throwy behavior in a team-based game? Welcome back! Have you seen our latest loot boxes?

I did a Comp game last night and asked my friend to give me a new Hero to try (I tend to be Mercy/Ana/Rein/Orisa). He said Sombra...sooo Sombra it was. Lijiang Tower.

We got stomped, but I got Gold Elims with 48...and their Genji annihilated us. So imagine when POTG comes around and it shows Genji and he goes "MADA MADA" in chat only for static and Sombra to hack and get potg with a Zarya assisted Penta Kill.

He just typed "Nani?!" and left. I fucking love Sombra's highlight intro.

I think I need to start playing Zarya with all these Junkrats everywhere...

Did placements on my alt with a friend. He was Rein every game, got blocked dmg card every game, we went 7-3 and I placed 550 SR higher :O

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Ended last season on a colossal loss streak but thankfully my placement matches brought me back up like 200 SR. Placements didn't even go particularly well, but I guess the system basically just reset me to my hidden MMR?

It was my second. Not being snide... does it make a difference?

Yup. Last season you were usually placed 200-300 SR lower than your previous season final rank (and then you got bonus SR for the first few games).

Placements are usually meaningless unless it's your first season.

Mercy was actually really favored last season, a lot of hate she gets is due to that since a lot of people were able to climb the ranks with sub 50% winrate.

R0ckman

So tired of flash bang and head shot then still dying to anything that isn't Tracer or Genji. Headshot a Doomfist and he just smashed my face in before I could get the next shot ready. Would be great if headshots increased stun duration or something.

dcassell

Banned
So, I haven't played at all since season 1 of comp and decided to jump back in to play with some coworkers. Despite the fact that I'm 4-2 in placements, I'm having fun. Not regretting my decision to get back in to it, aside from these racist-ass ten year olds who have plagued a game or two.

Is bastion still considered a bad pick? I have never seen vitriol like when one of our teammates last night picked him and REFUSED to move, despite us being steamrolled on Ilios. It seems like my job as a mercy main can save my team in some situations, but nobody wants to actually take the time to talk through strategy in comp.

Pumped to get out of placements.

Ralemont

not me
So, I haven't played at all since season 1 of comp and decided to jump back in to play with some coworkers. Despite the fact that I'm 4-2 in placements, I'm having fun. Not regretting my decision to get back in to it, aside from these racist-ass ten year olds who have plagued a game or two.

Is bastion still considered a bad pick? I have never seen vitriol like when one of our teammates last night picked him and REFUSED to move, despite us being steamrolled on Ilios. It seems like my job as a mercy main can save my team in some situations, but nobody wants to actually take the time to talk through strategy in comp.

Pumped to get out of placements.

Generally he's a bad pick but that changes the lower you go in rankings, since teams increasingly aren't coordinated enough to call out and focus a Bastion down.

Junkrat meta. oh lord, fuck this earth

So fucking excited as a Zarya main. Hello maximum charge.

R0ckman

The thing about Junkrat is that he can be completely useless or completely useful, but also bad players tend to gravitate towards the character.

Placements going good so far. Havent won one yet, but not a lot of toxicity and they have been close games. Best start to a Season so far for me

People sleeping on Zenyatta's robo wit here with "I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not necessary".
Also top emotes, his actions speak louder than voice clips!

The thing about Junkrat is that he can be completely useless or completely useful, but also bad players tend to gravitate towards the character.

Basically following the Hanzo path.

So tired of flash bang and head shot then still dying to anything that isn't Tracer or Genji. Headshot a Doomfist and he just smashed my face in before I could get the next shot ready. Would be great if headshots increased stun duration or something.

Yeah bro, sometimes it's better to fan'em after the flash. Especially if they don't have an out ability.

I always fan a doomfist, a mei whos coming out of ice block or a reaper that got baited and used up his wraith.

I like to melee to bait out escape abilities, the melee looks almost identical to the flashbang throw. I wouldn't mind if flashbang stun lasted a bit longer. Currently it's 0.7 seconds, maybe we'll get a full second one day.

Yager

Banned
Sounds good. I'd rather lose in good games while having fun than winning with dickheads yelling at me.

Yeah, I don't mind losing games too if those are close ones.

I might try to do a couple of placements matches now, and I'm thinking about streaming it via Mixer to share my pain with the world (and when I say the word I mean the 3 or 4 guys that whatch Mixer).

I really enjoy playing as him but my god Zenyatta has to be the most boring character in terms of voice lines, emotes and even sprays. And skins in fact. He's just a boring little wank in all honesty.

"Do I think? Does a submarine swim?" Shut up, you dozy cunt.

Junkrat is by far the best when it comes to all those things.

"I will not juggle."
Hit Dance emote.
Puzzles inside puzzles.

Kysen

Yeah I'm done with this fucking game.

2 placement matches. Same guy throws both games for NO reason at all.

Blizzard does fucking nothing against these cunts. Game is truly broken.
This is why if you get one particularly bad game never requeue. You got matched the first time because you have similar mmr so requeing means the matchmaker can take the easy way out and rematch you.

Can you get off a Flash/FTH/Roll/FTH before he can Fist you? I only get the other end of the Flash BS, so just curious.

Top Bottom