• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

R0ckman

Love going into a steamrolled team towards the end and saving them with Lucio, they always come out of the game confused like.. "How?"

Owzers

Placements over, three stack with Ned and Pinku, went 5-4-1.

Finished last season at 3032, placed 3101. lots of iffy randoms but some goodishkinda games. I could do without randoms, not just how some play but there was one report-worthy guy for language and another for just randomly having background conversations and music on, wasn't even taylor swift. But I don't think we can cobble together a winning six stack yet.

This season is awful. 4-6 placements, placed right around where I finished last time and it's been Throw Town ever since.

I'm gonna wait a few weeks for the current silvers to all fall into bronze and give it another shot.

R0ckman

This season is awful. 4-6 placements, placed right around where I finished last time and it's been Throw Town ever since.

I'm gonna wait a few weeks for the current silvers to all fall into bronze and give it another shot.

Why are people doing it (out of general curiosity) are people being triggered or is it now a thing, join a match flip a coin get a random thrower?

Used the report function for the first time on a racist prick, what an asshole.

They changed last point spawn in defense on Gibraltar.

Maybe one day the enemy team will attack first and I can finally manage to see that.

Because right now I don't even remember the hangar part lol

Finished last season at 3032, placed 3101. lots of iffy randoms but some goodishkinda games. I could do without randoms, not just how some play but there was one report-worthy guy for language and another for just randomly having background conversations and music on, wasn't even taylor swift. But I don't think we can cobble together a winning six stack yet.

Same result, won the last one on Hanamura. This happened:

zcYRd74.gif

gP94o22.jpg

God bless Mercy for being so slim and also that armor.

nikos

Played like trash. Went 3-2-5. Finished at 3241. Season 5 end was 3207. Season 5 high was 3299.

Overall toxicity was way lower than last season, probably because of placements.

LiK

Just had one of the best Junk games in solo q. KOTH is ridiculously fun with buffed Junk. Rekt the enemy team so good.

5-5. Had a few games where people kept switching with no strategy.

Placed in Plat which was expected since my previous SR was in Plat. I placed about one game lower so the climb shouldn't be bad. New Junk is like easy mode against certain heroes now.

LiK

I have to say that the aiming still felt weird. I use dual zone so it doesn't seem fixed for us. I might try out the other aiming modes cuz this won't help with my hitscan aiming. I really wish they didn't add this extra aiming shit.

Gorillaz

no more crazy win bonuses after placements huh? makes sense since I pretty much ended up where I finished and my first win got normal sr

LiK

With Destiny 2 coming out next week, this weekend might be the most Comp I will play this season. So I'll be happy to duo or even stack. Buffed Junk is great and I'm gonna main him again this season.

I have to say that the aiming still felt weird. I use dual zone so it doesn't seem fixed for us. I might try out the other aiming modes cuz this won't help with my hitscan aiming. I really wish they didn't add this extra aiming shit.

It's definitely different, it's not as tight as before, the movement feels more loose which makes it harder to control.

It's a shame :\

My first games were pretty rough today, I started at 80/80 but after a while I couldn't take it anymore and went back to 100/100. Even if it's worse compared to what it felt before it's still the best way to play for me.

LiK

It's definitely different, it's not as tight as before, the movement feels more loose which makes it harder to control.

It's a shame :

My first games were pretty rough today, I started at 80/80 but after a while I couldn't take it anymore and went back to 100/100. Even if it's worse compared to what it felt before it's still the best way to play for me.

I looked up videos about this and it seems it benefits people who use the other two aiming methods the most. I'm still not sure why the hell Dual Zone is affected by this when the slider is at 0. Really frustrating. I added my feedback to the megathread and I hope they revert it completely for us. Struggling to aim again is really souring me on playing Comp a lot this season. Thank gawd I'm good with Junk so I can climb with him at least. My other heroes will be in the backburner until I get the settings to feel right again.

Miyahon

So I never played competitive in Overwatch and only have done quick play and arcade modes. Every competitive game I've tried so far someone leaves and the match ends...

leng jai

Won my first placement match, because the other team had 4 leavers. Lmfao, what a farce.

EDIT: Scratch that, got booted for inactivity while typing this post. Ridiculous.

Thoraxes

Lost almost 800 points for this season's ranking. Was 5-5 in placement matches.

Pretty sure i'm done with the game for a few months. Played mostly with platinum people towards the end of last season, and it was usually enjoyable, but silver is just absolute garbage and the gameplay, people, and teamwork are all piss-poor and unfun. Game is just straight-up not enjoyable in any way at silver, and somehow manages to actively feel like a waste of time.

Went 5-4-1 in placements and got placed at 2571 which is a little higher than where I ended last season.

Didn't encounter any trolls or throwers in my 10 games but did get Junkrat's in literally every game on both teams, alot more Orisas and Roadhogs, and nobody on mic. The 5 games I won 3+ players on mic and everyone was really chill. The 4 loses nobody on mic and really winnable matches too.

LiK

Lost almost 800 points for this season's ranking.

Pretty sure i'm done with the game for a few months.

I'm curious what your SR was.

Went 5-4-1 in placements and got placed at 2571 which is a little higher than where I ended last season.

Didn't encounter any trolls or throwers in my 10 games but did get Junkrat's in literally every game on both teams, alot more Orisas and Roadhogs, and nobody on mic. The 5 games I won 3+ players on mic and everyone was really chill. The 4 loses nobody on mic and really winnable matches too.

Had zero leavers here although I had some matches where people picked whatever so I had one game where we didn't have a healer at all. One guy decided to switch when his Widow was doing jackshit. We can duo this weekend if you're on.

Had zero leavers here although I had some matches where people picked whatever so I had one game where we didn't have a healer at all. One guy decided to switch when his Widow was doing jackshit. We can duo this weekend if you're on.

Yeah I had 3 games where we didn't have a healer, lost all 3.

Got matched up with a 4 stack twice in a row that picked 3 DPS and 1 tank and I was like I'm not healing for these clowns lol

I'll definitely be on this weekend.

I really enjoy playing as him but my god Zenyatta has to be the most boring character in terms of voice lines, emotes and even sprays. And skins in fact. He's just a boring little wank in all honesty.

"Do I think? Does a submarine swim?" Shut up, you dozy cunt.

Junkrat is by far the best when it comes to all those things.

TrueBlue

I really enjoy playing as him but my god Zenyatta has to be the most boring character in terms of voice lines, emotes and even sprays. And skins in fact. He's just a boring little wank in all honesty.

Someone needs some harmony orbs.

Cappa

Banned

I am the missing piece to the puzzle.

Banzai

The placement ranks are interesting. I stopped at 3050 and decayed to 3000 towards the end, so it sounds like I might just barely get placed in diamond if I get at least 4 wins.

You always see Junkrat on ps4 in gold/plat so the buff has me slightly worried.

Didn't really notice how off the aiming felt when I played arcade the other day while drinking.

This morning I immediately noticed it my first game with cowboy. Ended the game at 35% accuracy when I average 49.

Veelk

Banned
I don't understand why they nerfed Hanzo without telling anyone about it.

Like....why? I'm trying to play him in deathmatch now and it's such ass.

LiK

Same with Zarya. She didn't get a good voiceline until this year's Summer event. They need to have more fun with Zen's lines.

So glad they made Junkrat even more of an annoying spammy shithead.

Junkrat meta. oh lord, fuck this earth

His genius is finally recognized.

Veelk

Banned
Zenyatta's not a jokey-joke character.

His best line is actually intentionally misunderstanding Zarya's threat.

Zarya: I have my eye on you, omnic.
Zenyatta: And I will watch your back in turn.

Top Bottom