• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

R0ckman

Sure thats fine, if I'm on just send an invite, this actually works out as I may need to be on call because of a family emergecy tonite.

LiK

Hanamura is so awful. Can't wait for Mercy 2.0 so I don't need to deal with those team rezzes anymore.

GG to ND and killdatninja. Good duos. Sucks when throwers and leavers pop up.

Crzy1

Holy shit this is the worst set of placements I've had. Keep getting stuck with partial groups who don't seem to know how to play together. Bronze here I come.

I know I'm alone in this, but I really like TDM. I just won my first game on Necropolis (in 6 tries), and lost my first non-Necropolis game (in many, many more than 6 tries).

Zen is just so perfect for that mode. And I really like only having three toddlers to babysit at any given time.

Also- Mei with a Healing Orb on her is just unfair, if fun to watch.

R0ckman

Do you guys think they should have more hero call outs like "behind you!" Like "Help me!" for all characters not just Mercy? I would love a "I've weakened the enemy!" call out so you can look for the teammates character to find an enemy who can be finished off. Would help with people who easily go into tunnel vision or inherently have bad battle awareness.

HiiiLife

How many of these high sensitivity players on console are actually controller users vs kbm??? Some of the crazy turns to direct aim ive seen are ridiculous.

Talonz

Orisa + Ana Ult.... sooo good now. After the Mercy changes someone is going to run that. Orisa shreds, has a huge clip, and has her own barrier. It's like beta Bastion.

Blues1990

Orisa + Ana Ult.... sooo good now. After the Mercy changes someone is going to run that. Orisa shreds, has a huge clip, and has her own barrier. It's like beta Bastion.

Shhhh! You don't want the dumb dumbs on the official forums crying out for nerfs now, do you? They'll say "WAAAH! SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A TANK, NOT A DPS!" or "FUCKING ORISA! NERF THAT SHIT!"

Have fun, tons of cool games there. Kinda want to try out Monster Hunter.

Thanks, man. I really want to try out all the upcoming Indie Games at Nintendo's booth, along with Metroid II: The Return of Samus for the 3DS!

I did well as Junk on Attack. Random instalocks Junk on Defense and keeps dying. We lose. Thanks buddy.

I honestly don't understand the mindset of those people.

"Hey, this person is doing well as a character - but I'm totally better than them so let me show them I'm totally better in this competitive match where we're supposed to be a team."

So how's ps4 comp goin guys? Itching to play, so I might just say fuck it and do my placements tonite.

So far the PS4 matches have been pretty pleasant. In all of my placement matches I only had two leavers, one of which was a DC and the other was in a match where our team was clearly the most incompetent team on the planet so I didn't blame him for leaving.

Yep, from Saturday to Monday.

I haven't been there since the first time I went, back in 2012. I honestly can't wait!

I was there for one day last year and it was pretty awesome - got to test out Horizon: Zero Dawn before it released this year. Have fun!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ugh... I played for four or five hours today and looking back, I've had next to zero fun.

I think that's it... I need a break. I'll come back and tinker with the Mercy 2.0 change in the next couple weeks; but this community is just total fucking ass. Probably the worst group of people I've ever played with in a competitive game. Compounded by the fact that an individual's ability to sway the outcome of the game is so marginal, it feels more and more luck based the more I play.

rulerk1

I lost to a team comp of torn, bastion, orisa and double snipers all because the people on my team didn't know what heroes to pick.i don't get how people struggle so much with simple concepts in this game. one person had enough game sense to suggest things. This is was on their attack mind you. This game just knows you going the next rank and throws shitters on your team.

And then people tilt so fast nowadays. Always the most useless ones are the first to spam thanks at the defeat screen

LiK

4-2-1 with Buttchin tonight. Good games. Some clutch ones. New Junk is great. Constantly getting 2-3 golds in every match. Keeping the enemy team scared of the bombs. Hehe

Sorry Berserk, missed you message while in intense match.

4-2-1 with Buttchin tonight. Good games. Some clutch ones. New Junk is great. Constantly getting 2-3 golds in every match. Keeping the enemy team scared of the bombs. Hehe

Sorry Berserk, missed you message while in intense match.

No problem lik. We'll group up next time.

Yep, from Saturday to Monday.

I haven't been there since the first time I went, back in 2012. I honestly can't wait!

I only live a couple hundred miles away, but have never been. It's one of the great shames of my life, considering the Giant Bomb guys are usually there, and I've been a subscriber for years and years.

Have a great time! I'm a little jealous.

Seems ps4 comp is at least a little better than last season so that's good.

Think I'll warm up a bit and just knock out all 10. Hoping to place plat so I don't get stuck in the quicksand of gold again lulz.

LiK

Seems ps4 comp is at least a little better than last season so that's good.

Think I'll warm up a bit and just knock out all 10. Hoping to place plat so I don't get stuck in the quicksand of gold again lulz.

Still had throwers tonight. Some people still get tilted when people don't pick the heroes they want.

Still had throwers tonight. Some people still get tilted when people don't pick the heroes they want.

Lulz fuck em...I'm pickin my best 4-5 heroes and they can eat a dick. I'm not flexing anymore for placements like I always do.

I'm goin Cowboy, 76, Rein, Zarya and Zen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I feel like any game I perform very well in my team loses. It's like OH YEAH, coulda won, but we got the TORB MAIN.

Gorillaz

I lost to a team comp of torn, bastion, orisa and double snipers all because the people on my team didn't know what heroes to pick.i don't get how people struggle so much with simple concepts in this game. one person had enough game sense to suggest things. This is was on their attack mind you. This game just knows you going the next rank and throws shitters on your team.

And then people tilt so fast nowadays. Always the most useless ones are the first to spam thanks at the defeat screen

On some level the game is unplayable due to how fast people tilt now

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
On some level the game is unplayable due to how fast people tilt now

For those with less patience, though, it's "understandable" - not in the sense I agree with it, but in that I "get" it. I mean, as someone who doesn't quit and is happy to switch heroes pretty regularly; I can usually "call" a match in the first two minutes of the first round. I'd say I'm about 90% successful in my predictions.

Knowing the sportsmanship of your team, the "synergy," the communication, and the hero pick - I feel pretty confident. For example, we had an attack Widow, Hanzo and Torb on offensive Hanamura earlier today - why even bother? I stuck it out, but I sure as hell wasn't having any fun.

LiK

People still seem to react poorly to insta-lock Junk.

They haven't recognized his genius.

Lulz.

I'm kinda afraid that on console we've waited so long for a report system, that people might report for the smallest of things.

Blizz mentioned that if you report a lot and there's nothing, they might take action for abusing the reporting system. I almost wanted to report someone for picking Widow and doing jackshit but not worth it.

They haven't recognized his genius.

Blizz mentioned that if you report a lot and there's nothing, they might take action for abusing the reporting system. I almost wanted to report someone for picking Widow and doing jackshit but not worth it.

But do you have to abuse the system over 2000 times first?

randome

Do you guys think that if you could never meaningfully progress in comp you would enjoy it? I think I'm pretty much where I should be and maybe the max I could ever get to is diamond, and it's honestly kind of depressing winning one and losing one over and over.

I am pretty sure that my largest problem is my aim, but I just can't learn to aim better. It seems to be an innate thing; you're either good at it or not. And I've played with people who are good at aiming and it's nuts.

KyleCross

That's weird. Did you do anything different, or were your matches poor all-round?
Not at all, won 6 and lost 4. How could I be placed 300 SR below when we're suppose to be placed around the same?

This season is basically a bust for me now, climbing out of low platinum is bullshit that I'm not going to subject myself to...

karasu

I keep hearing that your sr is based not on whether your team wins or loses (because we always lose) but how you play as an individual. Is this accurate?

maomaoIYP

Do you guys think that if you could never meaningfully progress in comp you would enjoy it? I think I'm pretty much where I should be and maybe the max I could ever get to is diamond, and it's honestly kind of depressing winning one and losing one over and over.

I am pretty sure that my largest problem is my aim, but I just can't learn to aim better. It seems to be an innate thing; you're either good at it or not. And I've played with people who are good at aiming and it's nuts.

I've been diamond since S2, across 3 accounts. I enjoy comp, still.

fhqwhgads

The rise of DPS has been really weird for me. Past seasons have you getting yelled at for daring to go solo healer, but nowadays going with 4 or 5 DPS and a single healer is apparently okay now. Doesn't stop the Genji/Junkrat/Winston whiners who complain they don't get healed when they overextend way too much and expect the healer to dive right into no man's land to save them.

G0DLIKE

Getting high ping tonight in Aus. Happening to everyone I play with. People are quitting games. Too many connection woes of late.

Getting high ping tonight in Aus. Happening to everyone I play with. People are quitting games. Too many connection woes of late.

It's always so annoying when you see that you've been tossed into yet another ~175ms SEA server. Happens way too often for Australian players.

maomaoIYP

Finished placement on my 2nd alt, 5-5 3229 SR, which is also a career high on this account.
Why on earth I placed 250 lower on my other alt, I will never understand. I am still only locking Zen, so that makes it extra confusing.

Top Bottom