• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Yep, and they were a nice bunch. They complemented on my Mei and Zarya play (one of them was surprised with my consistency with landing headshots as Mei), while given me great feedback on my Lucio/Zen gameplay. Hopefully I can take that knowledge and work my way up.

Again, good luck with climbing. You're playing with the big boys now.

tenor.gif

I'm so jealous you got to play with my favorite team! I hope you know that this means you have to root for them in Overwatch League now.

(Recent struggles in Contenders are irrelevant to this discussion lol)

Blues1990

I'm so jealous you got to play with my favorite team! I hope you know that this means you have to root for them in Overwatch League now.

(Recent struggles in Contenders are irrelevant to this discussion lol)

Of course. I'm still going to root for my boys in red and white, but I'll cheer for the Immortals during the BlizzCon finals. Again, they were an awesome bunch, and it was great to get some solid (and constructive) feedback with the heroes that I play.

One of them suggested that I pick up McCree, given my head-shot consistency. It would be interesting to see how well I fair with him, as I did get his Vigilante Legendary skin from a loot box sometime ago. Who knows, maybe I should practice with him in FFA Deathmatch.

Zarya + Hog combo feels so good on KoTH maps. Bubble the hog for stupid amounts of energy, then he's still got mobile vape for when bubble's down. Felt invincible on Oasis just now.

One of them suggested that I pick up McCree, given my head-shot consistency. It would be interesting to see how well I fair with him, as I did get his Vigilante Legendary skin from a loot box sometime ago. Who knows, maybe I should practice with him in FFA Deathmatch.

Buckle up, this gunslingers loaded.

Zarya + Hog combo feels so good on KoTH maps. Bubble the hog for stupid amounts of energy, then he's still got mobile vape for when bubble's down. Felt invincible on Oasis just now.

Grav + Whole hog is pretty deadly as well.

Owzers

why would you ever charge in there
Going back to this, I have a tendency to go places. Once we cleared out the middle bridge (Before the dva ulted we killed one on the bridge too) going to the point seemed like a good idea so I dropped down. Mercy said she had ult, I saw a teammate on point and dyingish and that gave me a cover story to charge in and see what happens.

Plus it was fun.

Prelude.

When you run Hanzo, Sombra, Torb, Widow until the only thing you can do is draw so you suddenly get a real comp. ffs these games

carlos

Well guys, looks like hurricane Irma is going to hit us in Puerto Rico in a couple of days, and the local power company is saying it might take 4 months to reestablish power to some areas....

I'll see you when the lights are back on, if I haven't ended it all due to boredom :/ I hope comp isn't as bad when I return, lol

LiK

Had some good wins with killdatninja but then some bad losses. I hate when people pick Ana as healer when they're not doing that good with them.

Well guys, looks like hurricane Irma is going to hit us in Puerto Rico in a couple of days, and the local power company is saying it might take 4 months to reestablish power to some areas....

I'll see you when the lights are back on, if I haven't ended it all due to boredom :/ I hope comp isn't as bad when I return, lol

That sucks. Hope you and your family get thru it safely.

Had some good wins with killdatninja but then some bad losses. I hate when people pick Ana as healer when they're not doing that good with them.

I really like to play Ana but I only bring her to comp if there's a Rein and we have a Lucy.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Let me tell you the one thing I know for a fact: If you push too far at the start of the round on defense on Hanamura, you will die. Period. 100% of the time.

Every. Single. Game. Someone pushes beyond the door and they die, literally, 100% of the time in the firs 3 seconds of the game. I've never once seen someone hang out under the bridge by attackers spawn and either A) get a kill, or B) live to come back. At least not in Gold.

EDIT:

Also, I think this screenshot perfectly encapsulates Gold competitive OW:

That was a group of 3 and a group of 2 that quit. At the very end of the game. When on attack they couldn't even move the cart. I mean, yay, glad I was on the winning team. But I've been on that losing team so many times, he has all of my sympathy. There's no way we were evenly matched - we were a bajillion times better than them - we cancelled every ult they tried. So they had to suffer just an absolute onslaught for 90% of two full rounds, only to rage quit - and then leave some guy by himself for the last minute. That's no fun.

4 straight losses in a row to kick off placements, not a great start. Leavers in 2 of them before the first round was over and while we were still doing okay. Pretty shitty start to the season, if anyone unplaced or below diamond wants to group on PS4 hit me up PSN: Sonovabiscuit.

Chance

Let me tell you the one thing I know for a fact: If you push too far at the start of the round on defense on Hanamura, you will die. Period. 100% of the time.

Every. Single. Game. Someone pushes beyond the door and they die, literally, 100% of the time in the firs 3 seconds of the game. I've never once seen someone hang out under the bridge by attackers spawn and either A) get a kill, or B) live to come back. At least not in Gold.

My experience directly contradicts this alternative fact. If I'm Tracer on Hanamura defense, I'm always on the high ground listening for the team to move beneath me.

I either get a pick or distract half the team before bailing, but 80 percent of the time it works every the time.

sex-panther.jpg

Not even Sex Panther can claim that.

Schlep

The amount of games where people just run straight down the middle, no real idea of the maps or how to flank. No attempts to get in behind. Just right down the middle.

Working my way through plat with the alt account on PS4, I would kill for people who run right down the middle. The vast majority seem to stand, and die, in the choke.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The new Deathmatch FFA with all the old mapsrequiring you to be #1 to get the free box is such bullshit. Why? You only needed to be in the top 4 last time.

LordofPwn

Season 3 I made it to just below 2700.
Season 4 I got placed in Gold and couldn't climb out in solo queue.
Season 5 I got placed in gold and made it to 2506 a few matches after placements
Season 6 I go 4-6 and get placed at 2727 and now I'm at 2761.

I always knew something was wrong with their system during season 4 and 5 and this new season is proof.

I was expecting to be placed in high gold again and knew I wouldn't have time to climb because D2 drops this week. So happy right now.

Bogus

I'm working on some Orisa fanart - want to practice painting metal / mechanics, and really like O's design - but I'm kinda stuck on a scene. So far I'm planning to have Efi sitting on Orisa's shoulder, mimicking the robot's pose, or to have Zarya all glum in the background (I assume a swol robot would swerve her worldview). Or both? 🤔 What do you guys think?

I'm working on some Orisa fanart - want to practice painting metal / mechanics, and really like O's design - but I'm kinda stuck on a scene. So far I'm planning to have Efi sitting on Orisa's shoulder, mimicking the robot's pose, or to have Zarya all glum in the background (I assume a swol robot would swerve her worldview). Or both? 🤔 What do you guys think?

That's amazing! I vote for both!

Damn, that looks nice as shit. Great job.

I've had run of bad luck today, between teammates tilting, and going in by themselves, and some tough but close losses.
So I am down to 3384. Better luck tomorrow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
watching a tracer tear through 3 full hp heroes in 3 seconds then escaping completely before anyone can even react

but shes balanced ya wanka

AngryMoth

First 2 placement matches: Mercy throws the game by dying twice with res when we had like 5 meters left to push the payload and a leaver after winning the first round on Nepal, followed by losing the next 2 rounds 100-99

AngryMoth

There so many potential solutions to the leaver problem, it pains me that they have never tried anything. Seems like they just don't care but in the plat tier it is still a problem.

TrueBlue

Please don't tell me the Top 4 requirement for FFA has gone. I got my boxes relatively quickly last time due to that rule, and I actually enjoy the mode.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WTF, i just won 8 player deathmatch but didn't get the loot box.........

Pooya

FFA was great for practicing... until they changed the map rotation. Every single map except Chateau Guillard sucks balls. These spawns, wtf.

I lost 30SR in a match with a friend and gained 14SR in a win 0_o

I'm either doing paradoxically awful this season or its just one of those days...

Cappa

Banned
Saw a bit of Ilios, owzers had a good orisa round.

Here's hoping they will fix dual-zone soon, there's no shortage of comments on the official forum.

they were honestly some of the worst games Ive ever played, without exagerrating at all. Like literally, with no disrespect to anyone in here, it felt like I was in Silver or below and those people had no business even being platinum. I think me and Owzers were the only diamond ranked players in majority of the games.

At first im like fine whatever... all the randoms want to instalock DPS, ill fill a need and play healer, tank or whatever knowing im probably the best DPS on the team but still Ill try to fill the roles.

Though after dealing with kids with squeaky voices, a hanzo who decided it was more important to show us a "magic trick" instead of you know helping the team I just decided to stop giving a shit and call it a night after the third match, even though we lost only 1 game.

Like the first match is Eichenwalde I think and we completely dominate on defense, Pinku as Mercy doesnt have to rez a single time. The round ends and someone on our team goes "that was really bad, it could have been better" Im thinking "what the fuck, what could be better they didnt even get a single tick so im like "yeah cool that means you guys are ready to rock and roll on attack and were going to steamroll..... wrong. Complete shitshow.

dont even want to comment on KOTH Ilios(Junkrat "buff" makes Plat/low diamond unbearable) and that last match that I decided to call it quits what was it hollywood? Yeah, terrible. 1-1-1 that should have been 3-0 if people just simply played as a team. Like you dont have to be a Grandmaster. Just fucking group up.

rant over.

Top Bottom